Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,802 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

Unbreakable Bond Part C - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unbreakable Bond Part C (300 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie, Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie & Mother Grace Ifeoma Bond / Unbreakable Bond Part E / Unbreakable Bond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unbreakable Bond Part C by Supernatural28(m): 10:21am On Dec 06, 2019
Unbreakable Bond
(♥ Mine Forever ♥)
Written by Okere Charles N
Part C
***Two weeks later***
I was walking home one evening when a black van drove up to me. Three hefty men wearing bandanas on their faces alighted from the van. They grab me and forcefully pulled me up and placed a hood over my head. They drove for a long time and stop. They dragged me into a building, which I later discovered was an uncompleted building. I was forced to sit on the ground. They tied my hands and my legs.

I can't believe I have just been Kidnapped by an unknown persons. It is like a dream. It is like what I see in the movies. But this isn't a dream, neither is it a movie. The reality is that I have been kidnapped. My abductors took my phone and everything in my pocket. I was lost in the world of thought when I was taken away by sleep.

The next morning my abductors woke me up. They untied my legs and dragged me to another corner in the building and push me hard to the ground. I felt pains on my right hand and my legs hurt. They hold my hand and helped me to sit up.

"Please sirs, I want to make use of the lavatory. But I received no response. Hello, please I want to make use of the lavatory, the restroom am press. I need to have a wee. But still they didn't answer me, it was like am alone in the room talking to myself. I can't see them due to the hood on my head, but I can feel their presence.
After a moment of silence they pull me up and dragged me outside. I can feel the ray of the sunlight and also the smell of freshly cut grasses.

" oya piss fast no waste time. One of them said rudely.
When I was done they dragged me in and force me to sit on the ground.
"Please who. Are you guys? I asked. But none of them answered me. Please who are you guys, why did you bring me here? Who sent you? I asked again. But this time I received a blow on my face and a thunderous slap on my cheek. They fisted on me like fierce lions. I lay down on the ground mourning in pains.

" this boy no make us kill you before your time o! Nobody give you permission to talk. One of them said.

" But i only asked a question, who are you........ I received another slap on my cheek.

"we say make you no dey talk, we no won heat your voice again. Abi you deaf?
I heed to their warning and kept quiet
An hour later they remove the hood from my head. My vision was bluntly for a while. I look around the room to see six hefty men on bandanas all around me. They were with guns, staring at me in a way I can't explain.

A familiar face enter the room and walked straight towards me. He pause and squat adjacent to me.

"hello Charles, we meet again.
I stare at him open mouthed" Jumbo!!! I exclaimed.
"yeah that's my name he responded.

" Jumbo, what have I done to you? Why did you and your fellow barbarians........ I received another terrible beating before I finish my sentence.

They were still fisting on me like fierce lions. Jumbo waves his hand signifying for them to stop.

"see question. Charles swear you don't know why you are here? Charles swear you don't know the reason why I kidnapped you? He asked smiling sardonically.

I heavy a sigh, spitting out blood. My face is now bloody.
" no I don't. I responded in a weak voice.
"so you're still denying not to know Abi? Alright let me refresh your dull memory since you are dummy. He pause and continue.
I warned you to stay away from my baby, but you refuse to heed to my warning. You took my warning and threats for granted. You think am a toothless bulldog right? I told you am a scorpion and scorpion don't give up. Now see where your stubbornness has landed you. Jumbo responded.

"But the person in question doesn't love you. She doesn't have any feelings for you. Nora only sees you as a friend. So don't get it twisted. The reality is she's in love with me, we are both madly in love with each other. So you can go and hug the nearest transformer in your area. I said glaring at him.

I receive another received a thunderous slaps alongside beatings from Jumbo and his barbarians friends. They punch me to coma.
"take this fool out of my sight. I wonder what Nora is doing with a lowlifer. I just wonder what you have that I don't have in multiple. Perhaps you must use a juju on her to make her love you this much. Because the Nora I know can never fall in love with a nobody like you. I know she's not in her right state of mind. nevertheless I will do everything to make her fall out of love with you.

I woke up once again to find myself lying on the floor. This time around my hands werent tied. Only my legs were tied together with a strong rope. I managed to sit up, resting my back on the wall as I thought of my next move and how to survive. Of course I was very lucky to still be alive. I felt it was just a matter of time before jumbo decides to finish me up for good.

I was still busy with my thoughts when hefty man walked in with a plate of food. As he dropped the plate on the floor beside me, I drew back and stared at him suspiciously. A plate of white rice and stew was the meal he brought for me in a plastic plate. I shook my head with disgust and looked the other way.

I advice you eat this food because I dont know the next time you will be served again he said rudely.
please whats the time? I asked.

2:30pm he responded.
are you really sure? I asked. He sighed and left the room without another word while I shook my head and thought of how to escape.

Later in the evening Jumbo entered the room holding a fancy nylon bag in his hand. He walked straight towards me and dropped the nylon bag. He squat, glaring at me without a word. I also glared back at him.
"My guys told me you refused eating the food given to you some hours ago, I want to know why? Jumbo asked still glaring at me.

I sighted without saying a word.
" do u think the food was poisoned? Jumbo asked again.
But I didn't answer him.
"come on Charles I can't poison you, I can't do such a thing. I can't poison anyone, if I want anyone dead I kill the person myself. I don't believe in poisoning ones food to get the person dead. In fact those who do that are cowards. While making use of poison when you've the hands to do it yourself?
So Charles I will advice you to eat what ever is given to you okay. I don't want you to starve yourself to death okay. I will kill you myself when the time comes. So enjoy your meals until the hour of your death. Jumbo said smiling sardonically.

"how do you intend to get away with this evil act? Kidnapping is a seriously crime and I am sure you know the penalty for those caught and found guilty of the crime? I asked.

"Who cares? Charles I am above the lam .I am the law.

" Jumbo nobody is above the law. The law is greater and it is superior to everything in this country.

Jumbo burst into laughter..
"oh Charles, don't be naive. Don't tell me you believed in the constitutional laws of this goddam country? We are in a lawless country, this country is a joke. The system of government is a big joke. Everything is a joke.
Besides it may interest you to know that my dad is the chief Justice of his country. So you see, we are the law.

I stared at him open mouthed for while.
"Please stop looking at me like that. Just have it in heart that your country is a joke. He patted me on my back, he stood up and walked out of the room.

I heavy sigh and open the fancy nylon to see what's in it. I saw a package fried rice and six bottle water. I quickly open one the medium size Eva water and empty the content into my stomach. I was so tasty that I didn't realize when I emptied four of the bottle water into my stomach.

The following morning the hefty men walked into the room. They covered my face with a hood and dragged me into a van.
They drove the first few kilometers in silence, when a call came into one of my abductors phone.
"good morning boss, yes we got the text, yes we are on our way to the new location. Then he ended the call.
After what seems like a like", forever" they stop the van and pulled me out of it.
They dragged me into a building and force me to sit down on the floor.
***Part D***
supernneji26@gmail.com
©Okere Charles N 2019

(1) (Reply)

Understanding Diversity: A Short Essay. / Decade Assessment / Fatal Smile (chapter Four)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.