Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport (18653 Views)

Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe / Canada Releases Damning Report On Nigeria, Issues Travel Advisory To Citizens / Nigeria Issues New Travel Protocol For China, US, Europe-bound Passengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by SctDonald(m): 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2019
We mutilate and publish wrong figures and statistics because we failed to understand the relevance of it...
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by mmsen: 4:42pm On Dec 06, 2019
madridsta007:

The black market for small arms in failed states is often very high and busy.
They'll sit down in their offices in Manhattan, Berlin, London and start to make the contacts.
And then "enter" the market.
Nigeria will not be any different.

That isn't 'most'.
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 4:53pm On Dec 06, 2019
dipoolowoo:
By Dipo Olowookere

Comptroller of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) in charge of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Mr Abdullahi Usman, has disclosed that not less than 58,000 visas have been issued to foreigners at the airport located in the Ikeja area of Lagos State.

Mr Usman, in a chat with newsmen at the airport, stated that most of the visas were issued to foreigners coming into the country to invest in the economy, thereby creating jobs for citizens.

According to him, these visas were given to these foreigners on arrival into Nigeria through the MMIA from January 2019 to Thursday, December 5, 2019.

The comptroller noted that the visa-on-arrival procedure was targeted at investors coming into the country, which is Africa’s largest economy, to do business as part of the Ease of Doing Business policy of the federal government.

“We have upgraded our visa on arrival from email-based to web-based to improve our services. Applicants can now log into the website and fill in their details and also get their approvals directly from there instead of using a third party which was what we were doing before because they have to send a representative here to process it.

“So, the increase in the issuance is to ease procedure and encourage more investors to come into the country to invest,” the immigration officer told journalists when he received officials of Access Bank at the airport.

He further said the airport was now operating better than in the past, stating that the new Migration Information and Data Analysis System (MIDAS) has been installed at the airport.

According to him, this equipment has enabled immigration and border officials to process travellers more rapidly and professionally and as well make their border-crossing experience safer and more humane.

Mr Usman said this led to officials of the agency to stop about 150 Nigerians from travelling out of the country in the last four months in the fight against human trafficking.

https://businesspost.ng/economy/nigeria-issues-58000-visas-to-foreign-investors-at-lagos-airport/

Nigeria is a country of illiteracy. People just celebrate for anything.. 58000 visas were issued and he is celebrating. This is equivalent to 166 foreigners visiting the country every 24 hours. Even a country like Zimbabwe Benin Republic Togo more foreigners visiting the country every 24 hours that Nigeria and people are celebrating
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by madridsta007(m): 5:47pm On Dec 06, 2019
mmsen:

That isn't 'most'.

There are many detailed research studies on small arms trafficking in Africa— fuelling wars, civil conflicts, etc. The traffickers focus on failed states and States with porous borders.
Nigeria ticks every box.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by mmsen: 6:06pm On Dec 06, 2019
madridsta007:

There are many detailed research studies on small arms trafficking in Africa— fuelling wars, civil conflicts, etc. The traffickers focus on failed states and States with porous borders.
Nigeria ticks every box.

That has nothing do with my point.

You are answering a question that was not asked.
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by Xano(m): 6:13pm On Dec 06, 2019
Mynd4, Wrong heading. It should foreign nationals. This heading is a lie.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2019
There's absolutely nothing that the Nigerian government does that will ever surprise me. It issued 58,000 visas on arrival at the airport to foreign investors (so it claimed) but would deny Nigerians who happen to have dual citizenship and put them through all kinds of hoops just to visit. It is no secret that Nigerians have more respect and affinity for foreigners more than their fellow Nigerians and would go to bat for a foreigner especially if he/she has a different skin color. These foreigners that it rolls out a red carpet for would not invest in Nigeria simply because NO serious investors would invest in a country that has security lapses, unstable and rife with corruption at all levels unless they have ulterior motive intentions. If they are coming to Nigeria under the guise of investors you better believe that there's something that they want from the country. I wish that these FOOLS that run the government actually know how foreigners that have had the chance to visit the country regard Nigeria. They like visiting the country not for what they can bring and add to make the economy better but for what they can siphon away from it and how easily it is for them to do so with impunity. So, it's time that the government wake up and smell the coffee.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by madridsta007(m): 6:18pm On Dec 06, 2019
mmsen:

That has nothing do with my point.

You are answering a question that was not asked.

I wasn’t answering you.
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by webngnews: 6:18pm On Dec 06, 2019
So they issue visa too
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by helpnigeria: 7:06pm On Dec 06, 2019
Really...? which investors? Jokers
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by four44: 7:17pm On Dec 06, 2019
Audio investors with audio investments?
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by rexrodrygo2019: 7:28pm On Dec 06, 2019
This is good o

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5dUxxbn7Xj/?igshid=1jdb9tux8tbs9

Please vote her for Face of Beauty Nigeria FBN
Her victory is our victory
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by sulaak(m): 10:38pm On Dec 06, 2019
Majority of the foreign Investors are sex tourist and peopdophiles
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by IndianInNigeria: 1:17am On Dec 07, 2019
baby124:
This is a very stupid idea. No country makes it’s borders this porous without extensive checks. What measures have been put in place to ensure that these are investors as opposed to foreign workers who come to take jobs that Nigerians do not even have? Also our immigration will abuse this by taking bribes and letting anyone in as long as they can pay. Who came up with this dumb idea? We are fighting so many problems already. Opening the airport to business visa may just mean we are importing ISIS escapees by the 1000’s. They have money too.
I don’t think it is a bad idea. The country needs foreign investment and the associated labour/expertise. All developed/developing economies also have the same system. Remember, foreign investment generates employment and also grows the Nigerian economy.
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by samorobo: 1:47am On Dec 07, 2019
pickatyou:
This country is a huge joke and should be featured on comedy central

C'mon shut up..it is not by force to talk all because you see other people talking...it's doesn't make you sound intelligent but foolish.....

Go back to school and request for the refund of all your academic tuition if you don't know the importance of this..
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by Chelseafan99: 1:58am On Dec 07, 2019
Very soon Nairaland will either be shutdown or petitioned going by the senseless vitroic anti-Nigeria comments emanating from this forum. No form of regulations for the stupid comment people make. Mature cerebral contents have been replaced by senseless topics where only negative anti-Nigeria contents and senseless gossips make FrontPage news.
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 2:48am On Dec 07, 2019
samorobo:

C'mon shut up..it is not by force to talk all because you see other people talking...it's doesn't make you sound intelligent but foolish.....

Go back to school and request for the refund of all your academic tuition if you don't know the importance of this..

Your father there. Bastard son of a LovePeddler mother
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by 9jaRealist: 3:09am On Dec 07, 2019
Pavore9:
A good number of them from East Africa na church program carry dem go Nigeria...Shiloh 2019, TB Joshua etc

And Nigerians with foreign passports...
>
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by 9jaRealist: 3:12am On Dec 07, 2019
MaNyEsq:
There's absolutely nothing that the Nigerian government does that will ever surprise me. It issued 58,000 visas on arrival at the airport to foreign investors (so it claimed) but would deny Nigerians who happen to have dual citizenship and put them through all kinds of hoops just to visit. It is no secret that Nigerians have more respect and affinity for foreigners more than their fellow Nigerians and would go to bat for a foreigner especially if he/she has a different skin color. These foreigners that it rolls out a red carpet for would not invest in Nigeria simply because NO serious investors would invest in a country that has security lapses, unstable and rife with corruption at all levels unless they have ulterior motive intentions. If they are coming to Nigeria under the guise of investors you better believe that there's something that they want from the country. I wish that these FOOLS that run the government actually know how foreigners that have had the chance to visit the country regard Nigeria. They like visiting the country not for what they can bring and add to make the economy better but for what they can siphon away from it and how easily it is for them to do so with impunity. So, it's time that the government wake up and smell the coffee.

If they have dual citizenship, why would they need visas?
Except it's those low-esteemed ones who want to flaunt foreign passports.
>
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by 9jaRealist: 3:17am On Dec 07, 2019
Chelseafan99:
Very soon Nairaland will either be shutdown or petitioned going by the senseless vitroic anti-Nigeria comments emanating from this forum. No form of regulations for the stupid comment people make. Mature cerebral contents have been replaced by senseless topics where only negative anti-Nigeria contents and senseless gossips make FrontPage news.

We should all be AGAINST censorship here on NL...
The BEST antidote to so-called "senseless vitroic (sic)" is to EXPOSE it to sunlight!

>
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by 9jaRealist: 3:23am On Dec 07, 2019
gurunlocker:
Mostly Chinese, Lebanese and Indians.

Those who will turn Nigerians to slaves, make them work from 6a.m to 8pm with peanut.

You don't need foreigners to "turn Nigerians to slaves"....
Nigerians do that all by themselves, especially with the so-called "househelp" system (where 6a-8p would be a LIGHT day). undecided
>

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by 9jaRealist: 3:28am On Dec 07, 2019
baby124:
This is a very stupid idea. No country makes it’s borders this porous without extensive checks. What measures have been put in place to ensure that these are investors as opposed to foreign workers who come to take jobs that Nigerians do not even have? Also our immigration will abuse this by taking bribes and letting anyone in as long as they can pay. Who came up with this dumb idea? We are fighting so many problems already. Opening the airport to business visa may just mean we are importing ISIS escapees by the 1000’s. They have money too.

It's NOT!
SCORES of countries (perhaps up to 100) have on-arrival visas.

>

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by 9jaRealist: 3:35am On Dec 07, 2019
SUFFERInSMILIIN:
Nigeria is a country of illiteracy. People just celebrate for anything.. 58000 visas were issued and he is celebrating. This is equivalent to 166 foreigners visiting the country every 24 hours. Even a country like Zimbabwe Benin Republic Togo more foreigners visiting the country every 24 hours that Nigeria and people are celebrating

First, nobody is "celebrating" anything, merely giving data...
Second, on-arrival visas are NOT the only visitors visas being used.

Furthermore, even though I do NOT think most of these were investors...
It's nonetheless much BETTER to get 166 investors/day than 1000 tourists/sex tourists.

>
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by armadeo(m): 8:00am On Dec 07, 2019
IamR:
Foreign investors indeed!

Imagine the thrash he had the boldness to shout out.

I swear many Nigerians in position are retarded.
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by sirkonline(m): 10:12am On Dec 07, 2019
Do you go to their country to invest or to do fraud? Do you go to oversea to create jobs or to live on government assistant?
LagBoss:
Hmm is this how they issue theirs to us too?
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by TechSpace02: 10:24am On Dec 07, 2019
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by VanSARS: 12:11pm On Dec 07, 2019
dipoolowoo:
By Dipo Olowookere

Comptroller of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) in charge of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Mr Abdullahi Usman, has disclosed that not less than 58,000 visas have been issued to foreigners at the airport located in the Ikeja area of Lagos State.
Instead of Reading Naija News i prefer listening to Good Naija Songs Biko ooooo

Mr Usman, in a chat with newsmen at the airport, stated that most of the visas were issued to foreigners coming into the country to invest in the economy, thereby creating jobs for citizens.

According to him, these visas were given to these foreigners on arrival into Nigeria through the MMIA from January 2019 to Thursday, December 5, 2019.

The comptroller noted that the visa-on-arrival procedure was targeted at investors coming into the country, which is Africa’s largest economy, to do business as part of the Ease of Doing Business policy of the federal government.

“We have upgraded our visa on arrival from email-based to web-based to improve our services. Applicants can now log into the website and fill in their details and also get their approvals directly from there instead of using a third party which was what we were doing before because they have to send a representative here to process it.

“So, the increase in the issuance is to ease procedure and encourage more investors to come into the country to invest,” the immigration officer told journalists when he received officials of Access Bank at the airport.

He further said the airport was now operating better than in the past, stating that the new Migration Information and Data Analysis System (MIDAS) has been installed at the airport.

According to him, this equipment has enabled immigration and border officials to process travellers more rapidly and professionally and as well make their border-crossing experience safer and more humane.

Mr Usman said this led to officials of the agency to stop about 150 Nigerians from travelling out of the country in the last four months in the fight against human trafficking.

https://businesspost.ng/economy/nigeria-issues-58000-visas-to-foreign-investors-at-lagos-airport/
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 08, 2019
9jaRealist:

If they have dual citizenship, why would they need visas?
Except it's those low-esteemed ones who want to flaunt foreign passports.
>

Have you ever tried to either get or renew a Nigerian passport at a Nigerian Embassy or Consulate? If not, then do not offer your opinion on something that you had never experienced. Your idiotic response is what is wrong with Nigeria. Besides, I am sure if you have a good fortune or the opportunity, you would want to be one of those "low esteemed" (as you wrongly said) that wants to flaunt a foreign passport.
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by 9jaRealist: 10:54pm On Dec 10, 2019
MaNyEsq:
Have you ever tried to either get or renew a Nigerian passport at a Nigerian Embassy or Consulate? If not, then do not offer your opinion on something that you had never experienced. Your idiotic response is what is wrong with Nigeria. Besides, I am sure if you have a good fortune or the opportunity, you would want to be one of those "low esteemed" (as you wrongly said) that wants to flaunt a foreign passport.

I ignore uncouth and childish personal insults...
They betray a lack of substance and a CRUDE upbringing.

Meanwhile, I was born abroad and when I got my first-ever Nigerian passport I was so HAPPY I shared it on Facebook...
The irony is that many of us born and raised abroad are so proud to be associated with our roots in Nigeria and Africa.

Take it from someone who has PERSONAL experience, it makes no sense to not take advantage of one's dual citizenship...
Because, unless the process has drastically improved, it's just as DIFFICULT (if not moreso) to get a Nigerian visa in the US!

>
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 11:46pm On Dec 10, 2019
9jaRealist:

I ignore uncouth and childish personal insults...
They betray a lack of substance and a CRUDE upbringing.

Meanwhile, I was born abroad and when I got my first-ever Nigerian passport I was so HAPPY I shared it on Facebook...
The irony is that many of us born and raised abroad are so proud to be associated with our roots in Nigeria and Africa.

Take it from someone who has PERSONAL experience, it makes no sense to not take advantage of one's dual citizenship...
Because, unless the process has drastically improved, it's just as DIFFICULT (if not moreso) to get a Nigerian visa in the US!

>

I find it amazing and very appalling that those who are first to throw a punch would be the ones to cry foul when punched back. If you"re not being disingenuous and have enough class, you should not have responded to my commentary with snide remarks. To refer to individuals with dual citizenship as "low-esteemed ones" is not only downright nasty but shows a tinge of jealousy. So, to turn around now and act like an innocent bystander shows a lack of character. If you have the wits to sling mud, you should be able to take it when it's slung back at you and not be a cry baby. Enough said!
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by 9jaRealist: 11:54pm On Dec 10, 2019
MaNyEsq:
I find it amazing and very appalling that those who are first to throw a punch would be the ones to cry foul when punched back. If you"re not being disingenuous and have enough class, you should not have responded to my commentary with snide remarks. To refer to individuals with dual citizenship as "low-esteemed ones" is not only downright nasty but shows a tinge of jealousy. So, to turn around now and act like an innocent bystander shows a lack of character. If you have the wits to sling mud, you should be able to take it when it's slung back at you and not be a cry baby. Enough said!

Comprehension deficit? shocked

So the general description of a class of unspecified persons is a "personal" insult?
Anyway, like I said, I will not dignify nor roll in the gutter of personal insults with you.

Bye! Argue with the Mirror! SMH

>
Re: Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 11, 2019
9jaRealist:

Comprehension deficit? shocked

So the general description of a class of unspecified persons is a "personal" insult?
Anyway, like I said, I will not dignify nor roll in the gutter of personal insults with you.

Bye! Argue with the Mirror! SMH

>

I feel the same about not dignifying your response but I just want to let you know how idiotic and circular those comments are. First of all, your insult although it was not directed at a named individual, was definitely directed at specified persons. Your comment applied to anyone that has dual citizenship. It makes me wonder how people would make comments on issues while having no clue or the bases for such. Maybe next time you need to think before you espouse your vituperations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Update Of Some Ongoing Projects In Nigeria / Missing Nigerian Boy In Rome Found By Good Samaritan (Photos) / Petrol Tanker On Fire Along Lagos Airport Road (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.