Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,228 members, 7,953,868 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:00 AM

Sowore: Atiku Condemns Attack, Says Rule Of Law Must Be Respected - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore: Atiku Condemns Attack, Says Rule Of Law Must Be Respected (18608 Views)

Atiku Condemns Shooting Of Protesters In Kano, Abuja, Reports Tinubu To UN, ICC / Atiku Condemns Genocidal Threat Against Igbos Living In Lagos / Atiku Condemns Owo Catholic Church Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore: Atiku Condemns Attack, Says Rule Of Law Must Be Respected by SeriouslySense(m): 11:43am On Dec 07, 2019
Free Sowore, Nigeria needs the likes of Sowore, he should live, he should not die, he should be speaking all the time, he makes a difference, we have to tell them to free him, we will not take this, our human rights are violated, not this time, never again, our system has to be reformed, free sowore.
Re: Sowore: Atiku Condemns Attack, Says Rule Of Law Must Be Respected by donprinyo(m): 11:44am On Dec 07, 2019
MobilityExpress:
All the wrong things Buhari government is doing, las las na APC go suffer am by 2023. They should continue.
Only if dere is anything like election
Re: Sowore: Atiku Condemns Attack, Says Rule Of Law Must Be Respected by BluntBoy(m): 11:45am On Dec 07, 2019
mistyebby:

You were making sense until you mentioned Soyinka. The fact that he is world renowned doesn't make him another failed elder states man like OBJ

So, what else should Soyinka do? Beat up DSS officers or raise up an army of youths to oust Buhari?

He is a writer, and the pen is what writers use majorly to fight. He has participated in a lot of long walks in protest against draconian rules. He is an old man now, so he is limited, but has not stopped using his pen to fight injustice.

The Soyinka that held a radio station down and prevented them from reading propaganda from Abacha is now old. He can't do all those things anymore. The youth should take over.
Re: Sowore: Atiku Condemns Attack, Says Rule Of Law Must Be Respected by mamatwiny(f): 11:51am On Dec 07, 2019
All the people seeking asylum in developed countries should add Sowore video to their case. grin
E don red for us.
Re: Sowore: Atiku Condemns Attack, Says Rule Of Law Must Be Respected by mistyebby(f): 11:55am On Dec 07, 2019
BluntBoy:

So, what else should Soyinka do? Beat up DSS officers or raise up an army of youths to oust Buhari?

He is a writer, and the pen is what writers use majorly to fight. He has participated in a lot of long walks in protest against draconian rules. He is an old man now, so he is limited, but has not stopped using his pen to fight injustice.

The Soyinka that held a radio station down and prevented them from reading propaganda from Abacha is now old. He can't do all those things anymore. The youth should take over.

Sowore is that youth!!!!!! And you are here supporting his captors. Are you listening to your self

Oga park well, I know your type, keep sitting on the fence. Shoir
Re: Sowore: Atiku Condemns Attack, Says Rule Of Law Must Be Respected by BluntBoy(m): 11:59am On Dec 07, 2019
mistyebby:

Sowore is that youth!!!!!! And you are here supporting his captors. Are you listening to your self

Read that post of mine that you first quoted.

That post was a response to someone who was trying to bring tribe into the narrative. That post was directed at attacking every effort to bring tribalism into an issue of national interest.

As for DSS and Sowore, I have not supported the captor. Perhaps, you need to read more than you respond.
Re: Sowore: Atiku Condemns Attack, Says Rule Of Law Must Be Respected by BluntBoy(m): 12:03pm On Dec 07, 2019
mistyebby:

I checked again and saw that you were actually the person that attempted to bring tribalism into the issue.

You must feel like you are not sitting on the fence when in actual fact, you have got no love for Sowore. All you are doing is just using Sowore as an excuse to get at Buhari. I know sincere people when I see them.

You are not sincere.
Re: Sowore: Atiku Condemns Attack, Says Rule Of Law Must Be Respected by khalids: 12:54pm On Dec 07, 2019
lovewins:
Come to think of it, the entire legislative arm is complicit. PDP stayed in power too long they don't know how to play opposition politics. They need lessons from the US democrats.

I mean what exactly are their aspirations for 2023?

I would have expected that every senator in the opposition be the ones to lead a protest to the DSS office where Sowore is held. The Occupy Nigeria protest during Jonathan's era held water simply because the opposition was a part of it.

This isn't about Yele, it's about the future of our country.

Speak now
How can they talk when most of them dont have clean hands......them dey hide them head before EFCC open case file for them...

This is why we need to always vote in credible people with clean hands
Re: Sowore: Atiku Condemns Attack, Says Rule Of Law Must Be Respected by iamme1234(m): 1:09pm On Dec 07, 2019
mzBEAM:
Buhari is the most useless and clueless president ever.

Nairaland resident zombies should mention 5 obvious achievements of this wicked administration before quoting me.

Posterity will judge all of una.

no one can mention his achievement

if everyone want peace power musnt reached the north anymore because they are all animals in rag

they voted for him so let them enjoy his their next level,more loading
Re: Sowore: Atiku Condemns Attack, Says Rule Of Law Must Be Respected by prof12(m): 3:27pm On Dec 07, 2019
lovewins:
Come to think of it, the entire legislative arm is complicit. PDP stayed in power too long they don't know how to play opposition politics. They need lessons from the US democrats.

I mean what exactly are their aspirations for 2023?

I would have expected that every senator in the opposition be the ones to lead a protest to the DSS office where Sowore is held. The Occupy Nigeria protest during Jonathan's era held water simply because the opposition was a part of it.

This isn't about Yele, it's about the future of our country.

Speak now

You say we should speak now, what sowore did amounts to attempted coup against the government.
Re: Sowore: Atiku Condemns Attack, Says Rule Of Law Must Be Respected by Legendguru: 4:23pm On Dec 07, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Sowore: Atiku Condemns Attack, Says Rule Of Law Must Be Respected by VanGun: 5:31pm On Dec 07, 2019
MisterGrace:

Alh. Atiku Abubakar has come out to condemn the attack on Mr. Sowore and his rearrest while court proceeding was going on.

The former vice president and presidential aspirant wrote "To keep Nigeria a democracy is the paramount duty of all concerned stakeholders. Please speak up against this tyranny and side with the Nigerian people."
Instead of Reading Naija News i prefer listening to Good Naija Songs Biko ooooo

This among other tweets he posted on his twitter page.

Mr. Sowore who was released barely 24 hours ago after a court order was rearrested earlier today in court.
The DSS according to report, chased out the presiding judge and then proceeded to arrest Mr. Sowore despite resistance from his lawyers and family members.

H.E Atiku went further to state that "Without the rule of law, there can be no rule at all. Power in Nigeria still flows from the people, not from the barrel of a gun. I call on all men and women of goodwill not to keep quiet or sit on the fence at times like this."

"We cannot have a situation where our government is quick to obey foreign court orders and even quicker to disobey domestic court orders. This is symptomatic of a mindset that is servile to foreign powers and brutal to Nigerians.'

"I further call for all law enforcement agencies in Nigeria to immediately respect not just the court order made by Justice Ojukwu, but the order of any court in Nigeria, on any detainee, be it Omoyele Sowore, Sambo Dasuki or Ibrahim Zakzaky, among others."

See screenshots below

http://www.editorialtimes.com/sowore-atiku-condemns-attack-says-rule-of-law-must-be-respected/
Re: Sowore: Atiku Condemns Attack, Says Rule Of Law Must Be Respected by pellummy(m): 12:31pm On Dec 13, 2019
kenic:

How has that helped the development of the country

I did not expect such a question with obvious answer.....
Yes it helped counties like U.S, U. K and those who follows the right channel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Presidency: PDP Heads To Appeal Court Over Plan To Stop Primary / Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs New Leadership Culture / Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.