Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,393 members, 7,958,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:11 AM

Throwback: when We Complained When Naira Was At This Level - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback: when We Complained When Naira Was At This Level (1107 Views)

Throwback: When The 5 Parties Endorsed General Sani Abacha / IGBOS: Nobody Complained When You Dominated 90% Of Jonathan’s Administration / Peter Obi: "I Do Not Expect This Level Of Intolerance" - Okupe To AIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback: when We Complained When Naira Was At This Level by cybertyrant(m): 7:04am On Dec 07, 2019
They say when the going gets tough the tough gets going, Nigerians has really been tough, but for how long,
who did we offend, why is this kind of situation befallen us, who cursed this country.
All we get are refined illiterates,thieves, war mongers, tyrants, dictators and oppressors.
Every single time different methods of hardship are imposed on us and they give you money, how much is it, can it feed you in a week or perhaps a few days, my dear it's just to buy your mind,you know it and you sheepishly accepted it right? ...... you let them,
you are selling the future of our generations (your generation), how long can the good people of Nigeria wait till they stand up and say NO, can we?,.....really??, everyone is scared, I am too, but it doesn't take a tree to make a forest, I am scared that the people I want to stand up for will not even stand up to talk more of going, they will see me as going on suicide mission, no one wants to come.
Some people, sees the only solution to their problem is ESCAPE(even the perpetrators are too) , when you tell a foreigner you want to Escape this country, the person won't understand what I and you suffer and fear, the fear of intimidation, corruption, dilapidation, the government, police and Sars.
Nowhere is safe, they always bring false hope, just like a fire incident in Lagos where the fire service came with 2 empty tanks, maybe so as to come and sight see, perhaps watch the adorable view of billowing smoke, plummetting building and tunes of crying and weeping ,that is the false hope they bring, ALL of them, promises after promises, they keep on buying up the whole country and when a section of the country protests about the bad governance, they set up counter protesters, they tell you how politically motivated it is, they also with their grand method of religion,tribalism,politics and money division technic to divide us.
I keep hearing which way Naija, my brother, my sister, there is no way, why? Because it's rooted in the foundation, inside the bone marrow of the country Nigeria, it's incurable. Just like how we Complained in this screenshots below, if true restructuring is not done, we may probably complain on a high level of hardship and still keep mute in time to come,
Just take a look at Sowere and Co, these are messages from the government, if you don't know it, know it now. We are doomed.
What you are to think of is you,your family and generations, they leave dilapidation and crap for our hospital facilities, education, security, systems etc, while their children and generation's future is ALREADY MADE, best health systems, institutions etc for themselves abroad and we are here meek and ignorant, while they chop our money. Sometimes try to imagine yourself at a side you oppose and see if you can understand anything.
My candid advice is work hard, gather cash and JAPAAAA, don't accept hardship, refuse it.
For those that see hope, you have been seeing it since 90's when 1 Naira was equivalent to 1 dollar, and you keep on seeing it as standard of living and Naira plummet to 154 to 166 to 220 to 236 to 275 to 365 and when it was .f**king 500+ under this administration you kept on seeing it, now they want to kill you and i for reporting them, exposing them and blowing whistle, my dear you are gazing into nothing while you are in the comfort of your home,office, car etc.
They can't even stand for you, see ordinary South Africa just they boss us around while their people slaughter your brothers, uncles, friends, sisters, businesses burnt and destroyed.
Some ask "Naija which way", you dey ask person wey no know road which road you go take go, my dear sit down jare.
Our future as a country has been sold since, just chill down with coke and maybe groundnut and think about your own children and family, investing is good but what is the worth when Naira keeps plummeting, better sell all you have and invest abroad, if na chewing gum and biscuits you are selling by the roadside in Canada or Australia it's better for you.
Thank you all.

Re: Throwback: when We Complained When Naira Was At This Level by Mightyhaiz: 7:15am On Dec 07, 2019
Haha.. Now it is exchanging at alomsot 370...(after it climbed to as high as 480 some months ago)...

And guess what?

They are happy and as meek as a female lamb.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Throwback: when We Complained When Naira Was At This Level by cybertyrant(m): 7:24am On Dec 07, 2019
Mightyhaiz:
Haha.. Now it is exchanging at alomsot 370...(after it climbed to as high as 480 some months ago)...

And guess what?

We are happy and as meek as a female lamb.. cheesy
OK, here's a chilled coca

1 Like

Re: Throwback: when We Complained When Naira Was At This Level by dawnomike(m): 7:32am On Dec 07, 2019
It is a pitiable condition
Re: Throwback: when We Complained When Naira Was At This Level by tartar9(m): 7:52am On Dec 07, 2019
Mightyhaiz:

And guess what?

We are happy and as meek as a female lamb.. cheesy
Did we not complain with its current rise
Moreover,it went higher than 250 during the last administration.
Re: Throwback: when We Complained When Naira Was At This Level by SenecaTheYonger: 8:20am On Dec 07, 2019
Perception of reality.

Somewhere in the distant future, our Naira has depreciated to N1,005/$1 but we somehow got used to it but we're complaining now of having it at 370/$1.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: when We Complained When Naira Was At This Level by Mobi47(m): 9:01am On Dec 07, 2019
tartar9:

Did we not complain with its current rise
Moreover,it went higher than 250 during the last administration.
we complained but the problem with us in naija is that we only complain in mass on the internet. No physical complain in mass. The physical complain is what shakes the govt

1 Like

Re: Throwback: when We Complained When Naira Was At This Level by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 07, 2019
Sai babarism leads to economic recession.

Cc lzaa gmbuharii helinues omenka gwarotango afamed metaphysical

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback: when We Complained When Naira Was At This Level by Abilistic(m): 10:13am On Dec 07, 2019
Funny enough all of them are not talking now....
Hypocrisy

Re: Throwback: when We Complained When Naira Was At This Level by eagleeye2: 10:20am On Dec 07, 2019
Where is that guy with the Monika, stagger?
Re: Throwback: when We Complained When Naira Was At This Level by christm386: 11:49am On Dec 07, 2019
I feel ur pain bro, but my real pain is why is there tribalism between the east and south, imagine here in Nairaland we instigate hatred just by how we react to information about each other, b4 I became an active member of nairaland I never had problem with the southerners, but seeing how they normally react when there is a downfall or misfortunes involving an igbo man, they laugh about it and vice versa when it happens for southerner, please I wan plead on behalf of my igbo brothers make Una forgive us, when we put that aside, den maybe we should tackle the issue of being ruled by illiterates, am not insulting the north, but in a sane country even the educated ones in the north will not qualify for leadership position in there own state seff, this is as a result of low IQ, and inability to take decision based on bettering the future, future oriented policies or whatever z called but I think u get my point

1 Like

Re: Throwback: when We Complained When Naira Was At This Level by christm386: 12:04pm On Dec 07, 2019
I will be happier if am governed by the southerners bc I know they are at least reasonable, for instance, no matter what is happening in the country our current president will never see it relevant or important to address the nation, our current president during a presidential campaign called a gubertorial candidate "presidential candidate" imagine forgetting he is the presidential candidate, please abeg u guys if Na juju make Una talk say e no see Una, all southerners reading this, imagine ur self igbo, put ur self in there shoes and maybe u will understand y they are disturbed, I mean are u guys not disturbed that ur current commissioner of police In ur state is from North, ur own state oh, westerners to talk true Na Una go school pass, wake up Yoruba's, the point is not defeating igbos but making better future for ur children, and if u stay in Lagos, then u must attest to it that igbos are very hard workers, you guys turn blind eye to what government are doing to igbos without knowing that igbos might be the answer to Nigerian problems, how, innoson and air peace bring in money to the country with their product and service early, their investment, their money, no government money inside, yet southerners would not waste time to confirm then, people who launder ur money, ur tax, ur right go other countries u praise them, how Nigeria go take better nag, all the money we government dey make dey go north, we struggle to make our yet u guys no dey get, it pains me really it does, in a sane country igbos would have been the ones controlling custom and economy, while northerners deal with defence, and southerners taking to first world Technology advancement, and the presidency can be shared like fucking sane litrates

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

In 2003 Tinubu Called Buhari An Ethnic Bigot And A Religious Fanatic-FFK / Total Black Out Till January 6 2020 - Nepa / THROWBACK: Mbaka Prophecy On Buhari That Failed To Come To Pass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.