Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,804 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) (102162 Views)

Usyk Vs Joshua: Prize Money For Both Boxers In Rematch Revealed / Andy Ruiz In New Shape For First Fight Since Anthony Joshua Loss (Photos) / Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by donphilopus: 12:07pm On Dec 08, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
Abegi
If ruiz was dame height with tony or at least 5.9ft he for beat am black and blue

So 5'9ft is now taller than 6'2 ft that he is? What's wrong with you?
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by teniboss(m): 12:10pm On Dec 08, 2019
Iamdmentor1:
Ruiz added so much weight. See belle. Did he think this was Suomi wrestling?

Those criticising Joshua for not delivering a knock out must think boxing is easy. It isn’t at all.

Besides, Ruiz was bent on knocking Joshua out and that was one of the reasons he lost.

nigga actually wanted to KO AJ....kudos to both men
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by donphilopus: 12:10pm On Dec 08, 2019
olaposer:
God bless you jare, I don't know why everyone keep attaching A J to Nigeria , his mother is the one from sagamu ogun state here in Nigeria , his father is not from Nigeria ,the fact that aj schools and at a point in time stayed in Nigeria does not make him a Nigerian, he did not ,and has never claimed Nigeria you people should just allow the guy to be he is known and address as British national .

His father is of Nigerian and Irish ancestry.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by riczy(m): 12:15pm On Dec 08, 2019
Who has d video cn pls unload to ericirins@gmail.com. especially d last round
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Chubhie: 12:18pm On Dec 08, 2019
Freehuman:

Congratulations Anthony Joshua.

Those who are boxing fans and those who have watched the classics that ESPN air will agree that this looked like Mohammed Ali vs Joe Frazier 2.
There is why it is called boxing and not street fighting. Since a tall person cannot have superhuman arms like Mike Tyson, he can actually employ some wisdom like Ali.

Ali said " Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee". That is exactly what AJ did last night.

The fight has not only revealed Anthony Joshua as a versatile , dynamic and technical fighter, it has also shown that Andy Ruiz is the most underrated boxer in the division. Ruiz actually brawls but surprisingly has unbelievable endurance. In more than a decade of being a super fan of the sport, I haven't seen a fighter in the heavyweight possess both.
I rated Ruiz a better boxer than AJ from that yesterday game. How do people pay such fees to go watch someone dancing around for most of the night? Same frustration a football fan would feel when teams sacrifice the beautiful game in the cover of some mumbo jumbo tactics.

AJ's legs were already shaking at some point. He knew he stood no chance if he actually came out to fight. This is akin to counter attacking strategy in football mostly used by weaker teams.

This strategy exposes AJ as weak not smart.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by kindredspirit(m): 12:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
Numerouno94:

Lol.. I swear if AJ no careful dat bitch go kill him career. She too get negative vibe. Her own no pass Bleep.she too lyk prick.

So many classic babes nd Joshua decides to go for dis local chicken, abi na cos her dad b billionaire?

Bro, the DJ Cuppy girl doesn't have any negative vibe o. Are you for real ? Dafuq did I just read ?

On the contrary, the girl is a VERY VERY happy child with no single ounce of bitterness for anybody despite all the abuses that she gets about her lack of singing ability. This girl spreads HAPPINESS in whatever she does. I'm sure you are aware of how her foundation called "Save the Children" raised more than 10 billion for poor children and Displaced people last month. It was all over the news. Can you mention many Nigerians in the entertainment industry (or outside ) who spread such positivity, not in words, but in action ? You can respond and put a lie to my assertion. I'll be waiting.

Did you say she too like preek and called her a "bitch" ? Exactly where did you get that from ? This girl has NEVER been known to be scandalous or slutty. For a silver spoon, she carries herself well with dignity.

You guys really should get over yourselves the way you spread falsehood about others. Damn !

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Ogaga87(m): 12:22pm On Dec 08, 2019
koolaid87:
Aya bi ekun

From Anthony J, to Israel A to Kamaru U

Greatness is in our DNA as Nigerians

I wish the govt could invest more in us

How you take forget Samuel Peter dey surprise me..
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 08, 2019
kindredspirit:

Bro, the DJ Cuppy girl doesn't have any negative vibe o. Are you for real ? Dafuq did I just read ?

On the contrary, the girl is a VERY VERY happy child with no single ounce of bitterness for anybody despite all the abuses that she gets about her lack of singing ability. This girl spreads HAPPINESS in whatever she does. I'm sure you are aware of how her foundation called "Save the Children" raised more than 10 billion for poor children and Displaced people last month. It was all over the news. Can you mention many Nigerians in the entertainment industry (or outside ) who spread such positivity, not in words, but in action ? You can respond and put a lie to my assertion. I'll be waiting.

Did you say she too like preek and called her a "bitch" ? Exactly where did you get that from ? This girl has NEVER been known to be scandalous or slutty. For a silver spoon, she carries herself well with dignity.

You guys really should get over yourselves the way you spread falsehood about others. Damn !

That is the mark of somebody who lives below a dollar a day. So bitter and aggressive. Their companion is misery. Thank goodness for free data.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by D1zion: 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2019
Iamdmentor1:

Those criticising Joshua for not delivering a knock out must think boxing is easy. It isn’t at all.

Besides, Ruiz was bent on knocking Joshua out and that was one of the reasons he lost.

thank you my brother. For winning this match is a very big victory & some people are running their mouth that they're dissapointed in him.like say them go fit enter ring talk more of wearing the glove sef.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Deepthoughts: 12:28pm On Dec 08, 2019
koolaid87:
Aya bi ekun

With his built,if AJ stays focus he beat weilder,Deontay only depends on raw power with little technique,of course that's an advantage but some day that one chance will be a mirage for him.
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by mechanics(m): 12:32pm On Dec 08, 2019
johnmartus:
Very good grin
Na so.
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Numerouno94(m): 12:36pm On Dec 08, 2019
kindredspirit:

I might b wrong nd u may b right, visaviz.
We cant kum nd can on anoda persons life. Tanx.
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 08, 2019
Anthony Joshua until you fight wilder before I congratulate you!! Simple!! Then I can respect u and call you Heavyweight
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Banter1(m): 12:46pm On Dec 08, 2019
post=84730242:
The GBAMsolutely Punch!!

What a sucker PUNCH!!

Once again,
From all of us @ : CONGRATULATIONS Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua.
Cuppy just dey jump from one preek to another sigh.
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by iJhoe(m): 12:47pm On Dec 08, 2019
Starboytwo:
I'm happy he won the belts back, but not a very convincing display...

Imo Tyson Fury would easily smoke Ruiz... Champs anyway...

There were times when I looked in Andy's eyes and I wanted to put my fist through his head," Joshua said.

"But this is boxing. It's dangerous. I had a gameplan, I had a strategy and I wanted to follow it through.

"I can knock people out when I want to, and I can box when I want to. Tonight was just about winning.

"If I box for the crowd, or box for other people's opinions, I might not have been victorious. So I'm just going to follow my game plan to the end

I quess u were expecting a bombarding display of AJ beating him to the pulp like his baby. Somewhat tactically, both of ' em had game plans but, it boils down to which of the plan materializes at the end of the day. Be reminded, that Ruiz has the swift firepower sobwasbthe reason he was enacting and charging towards to throw his sniping jabs. he even had added another 15lkg to knockbJoshua out whilst in less time while Joshua had to shed weight to be fleet-footed coupled with his height, swiftness and arm-length so he had to keep him at a distance. At the of the day who wins and whose game plan suffices is what matters. So, it worked for AJ SFSG.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:51pm On Dec 08, 2019
Banter1:
Cuppy just dey jump from one preek to another sigh.
Next time, try not to quote us with such foolishness we beg you.
You can make your post without quoting Manna.

But whenever she jumped to your 'tiny instrument', you can come back to mention us.
Bye....for now!

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by ddippset(m): 12:59pm On Dec 08, 2019
koolaid87:
Aya bi ekun

Like Samuel Peter abi?
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by ddippset(m): 1:01pm On Dec 08, 2019
Personally I don't like to see bouts between boxers with obvious size difference.

Joshua, Fury and Wilder should come out and fight, and stop going for easy targets.
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Timoleon(m): 1:11pm On Dec 08, 2019
Wilder and fury have a match announced for February 2022

I think it’s Joshua you want to call out.
ddippset:
Personally I don't like to see bouts between boxers with obvious size difference.

Joshua, Fury and Wilder should come out and fight, and stop going for easy targets.
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by airminem(f): 1:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
Arrangee match.
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by OChimex: 1:31pm On Dec 08, 2019
QuietHammer:
Okay, he won, though not in the most glorious way.
Let's have Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder next. AJ would know why Deontay is called the 'bronze bomber'. grin

Of course, no doubt, AJ is good and has worked so hard to earn whatever reputations and belts he has. No be beans bro.

But you will be more happy if you were Wilder fans to see him defend his belts ten times with master class knockouts putting his opponents to sleep. Ortiz twice was put to sleep. Fury though survived the first, kissed the floor twice. The time on rematch he must be put to sleep forever like Ortiz.

But AJ three times he defended his belts, Parker, Takam, and twice on Ruiz struggled. Except povetkin, who hurt AJ seriously.

My goodness, Wilder will put all these boxers to sleep.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by jahsharon: 1:33pm On Dec 08, 2019
ijewejones:
Congratulations to Anthony Joshua many more & once more..

Thats how God will help Nigerians defeat Buhari/zombie supporters..online & offline!!!

Starting from commenter above me grin

Modified: before he/she comes to modify the comment,I'm already ahead grin

Please watch your mouth, your family will not witness death, you and every member of your family will live to your old age in good health and plenty money.

The above prayer is necessary because all those who wished Buhari death have been dying one after the other including Mazi Nnamdi Kanu's parents who died one after the other within three months while Buhari is still doing wonders in the other room. Whom God hath blessed, no miscreant can curse.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by xcelentattitude(m): 1:42pm On Dec 08, 2019
Boxing sha, how in Habakkuk's name is someone as chubby as Ruiz able to box coolIt beats my imagination.

Nonetheless, I have a problem with boxing. The champion must keep defending the title physically, putting himself in harm's way every time unlike football where everyone just have to play their part in the team.
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by kapelvej: 1:44pm On Dec 08, 2019
Freehuman:

Congratulations Anthony Joshua.

Those who are boxing fans and those who have watched the classics that ESPN air will agree that this looked like Mohammed Ali vs Joe Frazier 2.
There is why it is called boxing and not street fighting. Since a tall person cannot have superhuman arms like Mike Tyson, he can actually employ some wisdom like Ali.

Ali said " Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee". That is exactly what AJ did last night.

The fight has not only revealed Anthony Joshua as a versatile , dynamic and technical fighter, it has also shown that Andy Ruiz is the most underrated boxer in the division. Ruiz actually brawls but surprisingly has unbelievable endurance. In more than a decade of being a super fan of the sport, I haven't seen a fighter in the heavyweight possess both.
Brilliant analysis, nice english nice to know that we still have come cerebral people here.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:45pm On Dec 08, 2019
Orobo cheesy
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by ijewejones: 1:48pm On Dec 08, 2019
jahsharon:

Please watch your mouth, your family will not witness death, you and every member of your family will live to your old age in good health and plenty money.

The above prayer is necessary because all those who wished Buhari death have been dying one after the other including Mazi Nnamdi Kanu's parents who died one after the other within three months while Buhari is still doing wonders in the other room. Whom God hath blessed, no miscreant can curse.

To the best of the school you attended & what you understood my comment to mean,does "defeat" imply death shocked

What's the reference,link of Mazi Kanu & family to my writeup Who cursed who Who wished who death ..in a nut shell what did you write & why quote me

Please always read well,understand well & quote people in context..not by nurturing malice by insinuating negative of people's comments

Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by Tareq1105: 1:52pm On Dec 08, 2019
ProudBoy:
Staged fight.

You called it staged?

Let's stage one for you and see how far you can go with those punches.

Enemy of success.
Re: Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) by katheeroh: 2:01pm On Dec 08, 2019
Iamdmentor1:

Guten tag!

ich möchte Deutsch lernen .

danke .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Messi Shaves His Beard As Enthusiastic Barca Stars Train Before La Liga Return / Nigeria Vs Algeria CAF U23 Championship Finals (2 - 1) On 12th December 2015 / Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.