Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision (126513 Views)

Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision / Anthony Joshua Wants To Defend Heavyweight Titles In Nigeria / Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by madjune(m): 1:56am On Dec 08, 2019
Something tells me both men are business guys.

Made money on two fixed matches.

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by Horus(m): 2:07am On Dec 08, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZa7m1XG5TM

Anthony Joshua Immediate Reaction After Decision Win Versus Andy Ruiz Jr in Saudi Arabia
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by yommygift15: 2:08am On Dec 08, 2019
OgaBuhari:
Nonsense
After he don go bribe them.
the Olosho DJ cuppy go steal her billionaire papa money carry go bribe them.
Andy Ruiz was robbed of that game.
see no6 malfunctioning

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by Nobody: 2:14am On Dec 08, 2019
....and it's official!

THE KING IS BACK!

All hail KING AJ!

Josh has done it again! Congrats bro.

#proudly yoruba, Proudly nigerian, proudly african!

6 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by jahsharon: 2:15am On Dec 08, 2019
OgaBuhari:
Nonsense

This is how chronic madness starts.

11 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by hisexcellency34: 2:18am On Dec 08, 2019
AJ needs to step up, Wilder will beat him silly

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by Dannyblaze4040(m): 2:20am On Dec 08, 2019
Congrats e no easy, up AJ like for Anthony Joshua share for buhari

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by EternalBeing: 2:25am On Dec 08, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by Uthmanolakunle(m): 2:30am On Dec 08, 2019
[color=#000099][/color]Congrats oo
i am very excitedCongrats oo
i am very excited
Congrats oo
i am very excited

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by THMT: 2:30am On Dec 08, 2019
YoungFr:
Congratulations to AJ, at least my data didn't waste. grin grin grin

How did you watch it live online? Was it free or by subscription.
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by ofemigeorge(m): 2:35am On Dec 08, 2019
Niorte:

You don't know much about boxing. Joshua was careful and discipline. If he had not, Ruiz would have beaten him. That is dancing (movement) style like Muhammad Alli really helped him because Ruiz found it difficult to concentrate hence, he could not throw a blow. Every battle requires a strategy
AJ FELL 4 TIMES IN THE FIRST FIGHT....IS IT TOO HARD TOGET A REVENGE MISSION AND BRING ANDY DOWN EVEN IF ITS ONCE. THATS SWEET VICTORY AND ENTERTAINMENT

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by ofemigeorge(m): 2:40am On Dec 08, 2019
anonymous1759:

I'm sure you can't Beat your wife tongue tongue you just come here and Rant.
How do you know.....infact all females..... grin

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by ofemigeorge(m): 2:46am On Dec 08, 2019
Harjibode:

Thats where u missed it, you expect Joshua to come all out and get beaten again.

Its like saying Man U pack the box.. But they won.

Tact and skill goes and in and, if you want gbas gbas go and watch his 21 fight he knocks folks down..

Fool
See your head grin

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by toprealman: 3:02am On Dec 08, 2019
ruggedtimi:
boring match... Joshua doesnt look convincing. Joshua Vs Wilder. Next, Congrats AJ
The result is clear, one is a fighter, the other a boxer......just.
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by knowhowk: 3:03am On Dec 08, 2019
hisexcellency34:
AJ needs to step up, Wilder will beat him silly
. Really !
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by Clinghton: 3:07am On Dec 08, 2019
now we know that the first match was staged
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by lebete3000: 3:32am On Dec 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
he is actually British. he is fighting as a British citizen not Nigeria

AJBXNG

Go figure...
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by 0monnak0da: 3:40am On Dec 08, 2019
ofemigeorge:

AJ FELL 4 TIMES IN THE FIRST FIGHT....IS IT TOO HARD TOGET A REVENGE MISSION AND BRING ANDY DOWN EVEN IF ITS ONCE. THATS SWEET VICTORY AND ENTERTAINMENT

Omo leave revenge ooo

This is business

No need to take sentimental risks

Winning this fight guarantees bigger pay days

If he lost the fight the financial consequence would be very costly.

11 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by mechanics(m): 3:59am On Dec 08, 2019
Wow, I said it, the pressure was on Ruiz, congrats to him.
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by KosiGee(m): 4:08am On Dec 08, 2019
I like Anthony Joshua mainly because he doesn’t thrash talk like others. He doesn’t disrespect his opponents and yes, he is humble but there’s a difference between humility and self belief in getting the job done.

He seem sometimes to be lacking in self confidence and belief in executing the job. In his early days, he was a bit cocky. He was arrogant against the likes of Dillan Whyte etc. He trusted his strength, physique and skills but lately, those seemed to have left him.

He appeared cagey and unsettled sometimes when Ruiz followed him. He fought like someone who was scared of confronting the opponent, most times he used his reach and jabs mainly to keep Ruiz away, like he wasn’t sure whether to punch and use the hook when the opportunity presented itself.

At the end of the fight when Ruiz asked for a third fight, Aj kept praising Ruiz, calling him a warrior. Deontay or Fury would say something like “I would beat you 100 times mate” kind of answer.

When Eddie Hearn called Joshua the king of the division and the top dog, Joshua wasn’t even sure of himself. He kept trying to evade that. I see a man who isn’t sure of his ability and who maybe lacking in confidence.

I like Ruiz’s boldness. He fought like a pit bull terrier but a fight between him and Fury or Deontay would be like one between a lion and a chihuahua. Those two would expose his weaknesses. Anthony Joshua didn’t take advantage of all the ammo in his arsenal. He fought like someone whose weapon would jam at anytime.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by bonnyhope: 4:12am On Dec 08, 2019
Officialgarri:
Joshua go tear DjCuppy puna dis night grin

person wee don use all him energy fight

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by mrkunlex(m): 4:22am On Dec 08, 2019
congratulation AJ

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by darelar(m): 4:29am On Dec 08, 2019
Congratulations to AJ the champion.
Congratulations to the black lineage.
More winning to you and more success to me also. Happy Sunday to you all Niralanders

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by Ambber(f): 4:30am On Dec 08, 2019
lebete3000:

AJBXNG

Go figure...

AJ BOXING � figured. He is British though half Nigerian because his mum is from here but it’s British flag that is flown when he fights
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by Bahddo(m): 4:30am On Dec 08, 2019
ruggedtimi:
boring match... Joshua doesnt look convincing. Joshua Vs Wilder. Next, Congrats AJ
tbh, I don't think Joshua can beat Wilder.
Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by salford1: 4:30am On Dec 08, 2019
KosiGee:

I like Anthony Joshua mainly because he doesn’t thrash talk like others. He doesn’t disrespect his opponents and yes, he is humble but there’s a difference between humility and self belief in getting the job done.

He seem sometimes to be lacking in self confidence and belief in executing the job. In his early days, he was a bit cocky. He was arrogant against the likes of Dillan Whyte etc. He trusted his strength, physique and skills but lately, those seemed to have left him.

He appeared cagey and unsettled sometimes when Ruiz followed him. He fought like someone who was scared of confronting the opponent, most times he used his reach and jabs mainly to keep Ruiz away, like he wasn’t sure whether to punch and use the hook when the opportunity presented itself.

At the end of the fight when Ruiz asked for a third fight, Aj kept praising Ruiz, calling him a warrior. Deontay or Fury would say something like “I would beat you 100 times mate” kind of answer.

When Eddie Hearn called Joshua the king of the division and the top dog, Joshua wasn’t even sure of himself. He kept trying to evade that. I see a man who isn’t sure of his ability and who maybe lacking in confidence.

I like Ruiz’s boldness. He fought like a pit bull terrier but a fight between him and Fury or Deontay would be like one between a lion and a chihuahua. Those two would expose his weaknesses. Anthony Joshua didn’t take advantage of all the ammo in his arsenal. He fought like someone whose weapon would jam at anytime.
He had to be careful. You get close to someone like Ruiz and he will tear you apart. With boxing, a punch in the wrong part of the body could swing the fight quickly. A mistake Fury made against Wilder. Just as Fury outclassed Wilder, AJ outclassed Ruiz too. His tactics worked, and he came out tops. Almost without a scratch too. He is not alone, several boxers have used this technique. From Ali to Lewis. He won fair and square.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by pfadom: 4:38am On Dec 08, 2019
OgaBuhari:
Nonsense

Stupidity is dominant in your DNA

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by sharone21(f): 4:40am On Dec 08, 2019
It is not easy to box and take punches( not the one our Bash Ali brags about).... I can feel AJ screaming in his mind anytime he gets hit, ' my mama eee'.....Mike Tyson used to tell anyone that cares to listen that , ' he bleeds for his money'....it is not easy to be a Professional boxer ooo( or even wrestler)....AJ, great job....go treat yourself and don't stay too long on this profession, invest your hard earned dough please.

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by ahiboilandgas: 4:41am On Dec 08, 2019
ofemigeorge:
rubbish fight ....
joshua is over rated...
running up and down .....
taking cheap shoot .....
where is wilder abeg come show this Aj boy what boxing is all about.

his legs where shaking at at andy punch....

gone are the days of real aggressive boxing... tyson and co....
now pancake boys have taken over the game....

rubbish

angry
enter ring

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by MobilityExpress: 4:48am On Dec 08, 2019
salford1:

He had to be careful. You get close to someone like Ruiz and he will tear you apart. With boxing, a punch in the wrong part of the body could swing the fight quickly. A mistake Fury made against Wilder. Just as Fury outclassed Wilder, AJ outclassed Ruiz too. His tactics worked, and he came out tops. Almost without a scratch too. He is not alone, several boxers have used this technique. From Ali to Lewis. He won fair and square.

Don't mind those people that know nothing about boxing. "Hit and not get hit" is the koko of the boxing game, all the legends of the sport are those that mastered the art of hit and not get hit, legends like Muhammed Ali, Lennox Lexis, Mayweather etc, they all used strong jabs to keep the opponent out of reach to execute damage, and used agile movements of footwork and head turns to dodge, duck and evade, and that's how they became undisputed legends. Boxing isn't all about KO'ing your opponent. This was where Tyson fell short and lost out. He always wanted to KO his opponents and finally when he encountered opponents like Douglas, Lewis etc that had mastered the art of hit and not get hit using strong jabs and good movement, Tyson couldn't cope and would suffer defeat over and over again till it ended his career.

10 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by amaridigital(m): 4:53am On Dec 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
no one is stopping you from celebrating. even non Nigerians are celebrating. AJ has fans all over the world. my only point is that he is British

He's British, he's British. I'm sure if he lost the fight you would have called him lazy Afonja with Ewedu skull. Stop all these.
Millions of Nigerians have dual nationality but that won't change their ancenstry.

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision by NaijaRoyalty(m): 4:57am On Dec 08, 2019
Congrats AJ

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 / Int'l Friendly: Nigeria Vs Cameroon 3.0 (Live) / Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.