Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,143 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness (32678 Views)

Hilda Baci: Your Dressing Shows It's Not Just Food You’re Selling – Pastor / Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... / Mankind Fell Into Sin But Has Been Uplifted By God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by praz001(m): 4:00pm On Dec 08, 2019
Dating and courtship have no different meanings.

To get married, you either date the person or court him or her....

The only important thing is to avoid sexual involvement.

That is a sin. 1 coritntians 6 vs 18

1 Like

Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by iCeTR: 4:08pm On Dec 08, 2019
If one does not do relationships how is one suppose to find the right one for him/her?
If having sex is such a bad a thing, what does that say about the person that put it in humans?
Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by dancetg123(m): 4:14pm On Dec 08, 2019
This one is not normal
Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by TechWows: 4:15pm On Dec 08, 2019
GlobalWay:
This thread has opened my eyes to the fact that the end time is already here. So appalling to see many claiming to be followers of Christ when they are not at all! Rapture shall surely happen soon, being Rapture-ready means fleeing from all appearances of evil, including dating through which many have been destroyed. If you want to study someone for marriage, you can be friends with them. But when you start telling such person, that you are not 100% sure you want to marry, that you love him/her, you've pushed into dating and emotional sex soon follows. The way to Heaven is a narrow road, and I've clealy seen here that pride is preventing many from repenting and crying to holy spirit for help. Let's stop deceiving ourselves. When you truly love someone, you don't date, you court him/her with marriage in view. Courting is what genuine children of God do, not dating. Truly, dating is selfish and satanic. Op has said the bitter truth. Thank you op. 2 Corinthians 13:8
"For you can do nothing against the Truth, but for the Truth."
That's it. We were severally warned by Jesus that Kingdom of God is a narrow road. He even said few shall be that find it. We thank God for using OP to open our eyes to repentance. When I saw pure Nairaland satanists and atheists joining pseudo-Christians to abuse OP and defend this satan porpularized thing called dating, it confirmed the evilness. Now I know why Jesus shall said to many, get away from me ye workers of iniquity. Much thanks to OP, he has done his part and God shall reward him for preaching the bitter truth.

4 Likes

Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by Legendguru: 4:24pm On Dec 08, 2019
Lol
Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by incredible47: 4:28pm On Dec 08, 2019
WebSurfer:
OP. I am not sorry to say you have mental disorder but that is the obvious truth.

Let me break this down for you.

Humans are just higher coordinated animals with natural characters and ability.

These man-made religions has turned most of you to zombies

This is how satan will allow education to destroy your life. Civilization,era,epoch doesn't change the word of God. The enemy of all good things has made entertainment(movies and satanic songs) to blind fold this generation. God have mercy.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by WebSurfer(m): 5:11pm On Dec 08, 2019
incredible47:

This is how satan will allow education to destroy your life. Civilization,era,epoch doesn't change the word of God. The enemy of all good things has made entertainment(movies and satanic songs) to blind fold this generation. God have mercy.
Mumu. why are you on the social space then.
Stop using phones, facebook, nairaland, instagram and things technology bring like cars and machines that causes accidents and anomalies (since you are looking for demonic inventions)

Common sense wey you no get
Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by wman(m): 5:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
Courtship vs Dating

Seems it's just a word play. A lot of Christian's date and have boyfriends and girlfriends with a view to getting married.

They call themselves boyfriends and girlfriends before calling themselves fiancee and fiance.

It seems you guys are just playing on words.

Not every boyfriend-girlfriend relationship is the ungodly type.
Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by wman(m): 5:22pm On Dec 08, 2019
praz001:
Dating and courtship have no different meanings.

To get married, you either date the person or court him or her....

The only important thing is to avoid sexual involvement.

That is a sin. 1 coritntians 6 vs 18

God bless you man. They mean the same thing. These ones are just twisting words to suit their narrative.

Not surprised though. I've seen this in some churches. Once you mention my girlfriend, they just assume you are a sinner already. Maybe they want you to say my partner.

You date someone first so you get to know the person before deciding if you want to court him/her for marriage purposes while praying along.
Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 08, 2019
WebSurfer:
OP. I am not sorry to say you have mental disorder but that is the obvious truth.

Let me break this down for you.

Humans are just higher coordinated animals with natural characters and ability.

These man-made religions has turned most of you to zombies

So It just so happens that out of all the mere animals in the world, humans are the only ones capable of highly coordinated resoning and application..
don’t get me wrong I know what bio101 & zoo201 said....but look around u, tagging what humans are capable as ordinary, mere higher capabilities compared to bacteria, reptiles or fishes is a huge slap to human cognitive abilities....

Come on...we deciphered that there are electromagnetic waves in the air and boom! I can talk to u from far away China or Australia....humans aren’t just mere animals...that’s why much discipline is expected of us..and that’s what many religion or faith based system is all about
..even our constitution doesn’t expect us to act impulsively killing, raping, stealing....like it happens in the jungle.....but when faith-based system or religion suggest these same discipline, u atheist start to tag it as trash .....

3 Likes

Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by obontami: 5:54pm On Dec 08, 2019
Too many bullshit in one post.
Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by WebSurfer(m): 5:57pm On Dec 08, 2019
1StopRudeness:

So It just so happens that out of all the mere animals in the world, humans are the only ones capable of highly coordinated resoning and application..
don’t get me wrong I know what bio101 & zoo201 said....but look around u, tagging what humans are capable as ordinary, mere higher capabilities compared to bacteria, reptiles or fishes is a huge slap to human cognitive abilities....

Come on...we deciphered that there are electromagnetic waves in the air and boom! I can talk to u from far away China or Australia....humans aren’t just mere animals...that’s why much discipline is expected of us..and that’s what many religion or faith based system is all about
..even our constitution doesn’t expect us to act impulsively killing, raping, stealing....like it happens in the jungle.....but when faith-based system or religion suggest these same discipline, u atheist start to tag it as trash .....
Mumu. Know that you are only thinking from your own level of information,understanding and research on this earth of about 4.6 billion years.

Incase you don’t know, there was higher Animalia class in the homo category existing before sapiens.
Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 08, 2019
WebSurfer:

Mumu. Know that you are only thinking from your own level of understanding and research about this world of about 4.6 billion years.

Incase you do not know, there have been higher homo sapiens existing before humans.

U aren’t even capable of civilized dialogue without insults...we are not in an insulting contest or are we??

Higher homosapiens before humans?? What does this ur statement even mean?? ..so humans aren’t homosapiens?? What’s ur point exactly?? has this point of the existence of higher homosapiens billions of years ago changed the fact that only homosapiens out of all other animals are capable of higher cognitive functions??
U called man mere animals with higher functioning, I said humans are much more than that....and all u came up with is an insult and a statement to still say that higher humans have been existing before....did i suggest otherwise?

As in I’m not getting you....nairaland is just full of different kinds of people.....peace man

2 Likes

Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by WebSurfer(m): 6:21pm On Dec 08, 2019
1StopRudeness:

U aren’t even capable of civilized dialogue without insults...we are not in an insulting contest or are we??

Higher homosapiens before humans?? What does this ur statement even mean?? ..so humans aren’t homosapiens?? What’s ur point exactly?? has this point of the existence of higher homosapiens billions of years ago changed the fact that only homosapiens out of all other animals are capable of higher cognitive functions??
U called man mere animals with higher functioning, I said humans are much more than that....and all u came up with is an insult and a statement to still say that higher humans have been existing before....did i suggest otherwise?

As in I’m not getting you....nairaland is just full of different kinds of people.....peace man
When you start reading properly, you would understand
Do not quote me again
Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by tonyimadu: 6:40pm On Dec 08, 2019
Hypocrisy..you are now a doctor abi.
Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by incredible47: 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2019
WebSurfer:

Mumu. why are you on the social space then.
Stop using phones, facebook, nairaland, instagram and things technology bring like cars and machines that causes accidents and anomalies (since you are looking for demonic inventions)

Common sense wey you no get

Your intro revealed true you that couldn't see beyond physical world.if you know the agenda of devil through technology and entertainment you will cry. 500 years ago people survived without above mentioned.ask your great great grandfather how relationship is developed between future husband and wife.technology and entertainment revealed true few nature of satan: 1.unclothedness(youths of today want to follow trends of movie stars that project contour of delicates parts, look at your children how they revealed their laps and breasts.. are you satisfied with this evil that people called fashion in this generation. you can only support if your heart is rotten)2 Disobedient to parent(children learned new slang,action,behavior conduct,lifestyle,attitude,evil dancing steps,hellish songs(children and youths hardly praise God only songs that doesn't glorify God)e.t.c. all as a result of technology and entertainment.parent find it difficult to control their children as a result of entertainment which have brought pride,self-defense,self-opinionated and self-confidence to our generation).3 pride 4 rebellion etc.
Dating was instituted by devil to lure youths to Hell.if you die in that state without repentance YOU WILL NOT SEE GOD.REPENT and stop hardening your heart. The word of God is greater than anyone which is also settled in heaven.generation cannot change the word of God. REPENT and prepare to meet your God.Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by WebSurfer(m): 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2019
1StopRudeness:

I cant even believe your reference is from half baked university courses with no depth. This is how you want to drag me down to your level
Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by WebSurfer(m): 6:55pm On Dec 08, 2019
incredible47:

Your intro revealed true you that couldn't see beyond physical world.if you know the agenda of devil through technology and entertainment you will cry. 500 years ago people survived without above mentioned.ask your great great grandfather how relationship is developed between future husband and wife.technology and entertainment revealed true few nature of satan: 1.unclothedness(youths of today want to follow trends of movie stars that project contour of delicates parts, look at your children how they revealed their laps and breasts.. are you satisfied with this evil that people called fashion in this generation. you can only support if your heart is rotten)2 Disobedient to parent(children learned new slang,action,behavior conduct,lifestyle,attitude,evil dancing steps,hellish songs(children and youths hardly praise God only songs that doesn't glorify God)e.t.c. all as a result of technology and entertainment.parent find it difficult to control their children as a result of entertainment which have brought pride,self-defense,self-opinionated and self-confidence to our generation).3 pride 4 rebellion etc.
Dating was instituted by devil to lure youths to Hell.if you die in that state without repentance YOU WILL NOT SEE GOD.REPENT and stop hardening your heart. The word of God is greater than anyone which is also settled in heaven.generation cannot change the word of God. REPENT and prepare to meet your God.Thanks
Brother wey mumu.

Which devil? You and this common sense you don’t have, including spreading deceptions to the world and enabling a false environment for mankind is what you should term devilish and immoral.

I am not your mate boy
Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by WebSurfer(m): 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2019
incredible47:

If you don't have sense enough to understand consciousness, morality, human perceptions and how it communicate with the mind and evolution, I wouldn’t blame your ignorant tantrums
Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by ZooOga: 7:44pm On Dec 08, 2019
Can't argue with holy scripture.

John 8:7

The Woman Caught in Adultery/Fornication

They said this to test Him, in order to have a basis for accusing Him. But Jesus bent down and began to write on the ground with His finger. When they continued to question Him, He straightened up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to cast a stone at her.” And again He bent down and wrote on the ground.

Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by chinos20(m): 8:13pm On Dec 08, 2019
MasterRahl:
angry
As mansakhalifa & NigPatriot rightly said, the OP needs to liven up a bit. We have more pressing issues to bother ourselves about in this messed up country of ours instead of this boyfriend and girlfriend brouhaha.
I bet you'll take back your word if you're allowed to take a glimpse of the spirit world by the Holy Spirit

1 Like

Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by hopsydboss: 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
I wouldn't read all that because it all seems wrong from the topic
Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by Emkingz: 8:32pm On Dec 08, 2019
SolarKing1:
Wow! You married on just 20k salary?! You've just destroyed the most used excuse of those that are hell-bent on not pleasing God. Devil deceive many to think that pleasing God is difficult, it is not difficult at all for those that are sincere. God bless you for sharing this testimony. Many here claim that lack of money is what has prevented them from courting and marrying. So, they continue to dating to satisfy their selfish sexual urge. Instead of getting married and doing it safely without opening room for Satan's acussation, destruction or substitution their original God-given Glory.
before I shared my story I prayed for God to show it to people that needs to read it. Please do it God's way and you will be blessed richly. All because I knew that He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord and I believed it, after my marriage I obtained that favored from God. God will do it for you. All you need do is trust and obey. I love you.

3 Likes

Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by Emkingz: 8:37pm On Dec 08, 2019
charliboy654:

If u did not date how did u marry,
I dated when I wasn't ripe to keep a woman as a wife but as time went on I told myself that I can (because of the fact that I do not want to sin again) I can get a girl start courtship with her and settle down with her which I did then I prayed about it and it came to pass. Decree a thing and it shall be established in heaven. As long as what you decree is pure and holy God will establish it for you.

1 Like

Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by poik(m): 12:18am On Dec 09, 2019
MasterRahl:
angry
As mansakhalifa & NigPatriot rightly said, the OP needs to liven up a bit. We have more pressing issues to bother ourselves about in this messed up country of ours instead of this boyfriend and girlfriend brouhaha.

If you solve all of the problems in the country and still get this wrong, there is still a problem. A big one at that.

Sexual perversion is the mother of all troubles. only very few people know the weight and effect of it not just on an individual, but a nation at large.

1 Like

Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by poik(m): 12:23am On Dec 09, 2019
naijacentric:
what have to say about wats happening in the nation put ur religion in ur pocket

This not all entirely religion. If this part of life is gotten right, a lot more things will take shape.

1 Like

Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by Fountainofyouth(f): 1:28am On Dec 09, 2019
SaintChukz:

Hello...do you think it would be wrong to kindly ask if you'd like to be friends with me? Just think out loud!

It wouldn't be wrong to ask, and I accept, hello Saint chuks smiley

1 Like

Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by OgaBuhari: 4:09am On Dec 09, 2019
[s]
Fountainofyouth:

It wouldn't be wrong to ask, and I accept, hello Saint chuks smiley
[/s]
Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by Correcton(m): 7:50am On Dec 09, 2019
Truth is truth, black people mind is too hard to save, if u believe believe if u don't believe live it and contineu with your fake life bye.

2 Likes

Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by Ajibade123(m): 8:51am On Dec 09, 2019
some people with this extreme religious mentality ehn
anyway see how you can concentrate on your studies when in love https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-concentrate-on-study-when-in-love/
Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by sonyc00(m): 9:49am On Dec 09, 2019
People...People please, stop quoting the orginal post of the OP. Just quote one part and make your comments or just dont quote and make your comments. The post too long abeg, i will just be scrolling and scrolling before i see the actual comment and it will just be a one line comment in the end. By the way i am just here to read comments. Oh, and OP i dont support your thoughts. Sex before marriage...Bad, but you cant just expect people to jump from being casual friends into courtship, then marriage right.
Re: Having Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is Not Just A Sin But A Sickness by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 09, 2019
The term boyfriend or girlfriend suffices when having an opposite sex as a friend!

We make friends everyday, whether same gender or the opposite. Ordinarily chatting with someone is a means of extending a hand to make friend with such a person.

What really count is the intention or motive behind people's minds.

I'll like to relate a true life story!

Jacob (Israel) had twelve sons and it's these children that later became the nation of Israel, but at point in time ten tribes decided to separate themselves so they were later referred to as the northern ten tribes of Israel called Samaritans, the remaining two were called Jews and it's through this Jews that Jesus was born.

Now the Jews strongly believe that Samaritans aren't worshiping God in the right sense so it became an unresolved issue.

Jesus now engaged a Samaritan lady and asked for a drink, of course the lady objected. But a closer consideration of what ensued between the two shows that while the young handsome Jew was trying to pass a life saving information, the Samaritan lady thought this charming young Jew with his sugarcoated tongue is another prospective toaster! John 4:7-26

When Jesus noticed that the lady isn't thinking in the right direction he changed the subject, again this lady objected saying "i don't have a husband" which in other words means "i'm still single".

So we can make friends whether males or females, it's the motive that matters.

Jesus made a lot of friends males, females, young, old even little kids became Jesus' friends! Mark 10:13-15

Jesus came in the flesh {1John 4:2} meaning any human can imitate Jesus' modest lifestyle, and remember it's only those who are able to do so that God will grant the opportunity to live FOREVER! John 3:16, 17:3

God bless you! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" / What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is / Paul Adefarasin; His Saul Analogy And The Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.