Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,604 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

A Thorn in the Flesh 2 - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Thorn in the Flesh 2 (54867 Views)

A Thorn In The Flesh / POUND OF FLESH (episode 1) Written By Tolulope Olulola / A Pound Of Flesh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Janet96(f): 3:30pm On Apr 08, 2020
Interesting story.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Zamar: 9:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
Nice update.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by tonysunkan: 3:30pm On Apr 09, 2020
I finally hanged up, feeling more distressed than I was before. As usual, I returned to Abuja on Monday morning to continue with my work.

The following weekend, I could still not bring myself to telling Kike about my extra marital affair. Somehow, I prayed and hoped that something would happen and Yetunde would suffer a miscarriage again.

Now, that was a wicked thought, but I could not help having it.

Two months after Yetunde told me she was pregnant; I still did not tell Kike about it. Yetunde was on her own and was obviously resolute about keeping the baby.

I had found out where she lived but could not summon enough courage to visit her. By now, going by what she said, the pregnancy should be about four months.

By now, it would most likely be apparent that she was pregnant. Sooner or later, Kike would know. I decided that I would just have to tell Kike that weekend.

It was going to be the last weekend in October. It would be better if I should be the one to tell Kike rather than she hearing it from another source, I decided.

I was packing the clothes that I would be travelling with that afternoon when my cell phone rang. I was surprised to find Linda as the caller.

“Hello, Linda. It’s quite an age. How’re you?”

“Fine, you don’t even bother to call me again. Na wa o.”

She was quite right. After she had left Abuja, we had only called to each other thrice.

“I’m sorry,” I put in. “I’ve been quite busy. You know, it’s not easy to work for a senator of Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

“I understand. All the same, we shouldn’t allow the communication gap become so wide.”

I chuckled. “I agree. Henceforth, I will make amends.”

“Oh, that will be appreciated. By the way, I called because I need your help.”

“My help? How may I help you?”

She hemmed. “I have a niece that just got admission to University of Abuja. She’s yet to get accommodation, although she’s still processing it.

She needs a place to stay temporarily. I’m wondering if you can oblige her a stay in your apartment. It’s just for the time being.”

I didn’t even hesitate before I gave my answer.

“But that will be no problem. Sure, she can come around.”

“Oh, thank you so much. I know I can always count on you. She’ll be coming to Abuja on Monday. I’ll text her number to you. I’ll also give her your number, if she needs to call you. Her name is Edith.”

Full download at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/heart_of_seduction/30375

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by FairCritic(m): 7:55am On Apr 10, 2020
Thanks for the update.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Zamar: 10:04pm On Apr 10, 2020
Nice update.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by francium001: 7:04am On Apr 11, 2020
This Henry will still not learn
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by adamsumale(m): 11:29am On Apr 11, 2020
Henry henry henry how many times did I call you...we have not finished with Yetundes issue you are coming up with Edith... Okay na..Egungun will finally do the casket carriers dance...
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by LoveToRead: 3:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
Interesting.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by tonysunkan: 2:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
I didn’t even hesitate before I gave my answer.

“But that will be no problem. Sure, she can come around.”

“Oh, thank you so much. I know I can always count on you. She’ll be coming to Abuja on Monday. I’ll text her number to you. I’ll also give her your number, if she needs to call you. Her name is Edith.”

“It’s alright, Linda. She’s welcome.”

“Thanks so much. Are you in Lagos already?”

“No. I’m just preparing to go.”

“My regards to your family. Bye for now.”

“Alright. Bye-bye.”

I finished with my packing and called a cab to take me to the airport. My biggest challenge was how to face my wife on the ugly issue at hand. I just had to brace myself for that ‘task.’

I was in Lagos by quarter to six in the evening. I met my wife and son in a happy spirit. I felt guilty that soon, I would have to dampen the spirit of my wife as I told her my misadventure.

It was after our dinner that I took the bull by the horn. Steve had slept off and this was the time to bell the cat.

“I’ve got something to tell you, my dear,” I started.
She looked at me curiously. “I’ve offended you and I just pray that you will find it in your heart to forgive me.”

I could see that the way her face looked, she knew the matter at hand must indeed be grievous.

“What is it, darling?” she asked.

I sighed. I decided that I would have to get straight to the fact to minimize my psychological distress.

“I’m sorry, but I’ve got a lady pregnant outside my matrimonial home.”

She glared at me for several seconds. “Is it Yetunde, your former fiancée?”

I was confounded. How could she have guessed so right? “Yes, she’s the one.”

I went down on my knees. “I’m so sorry, dear. She came to me on the guise that she needed accommodation.

I took her in without realizing her real intent. Now, she’s pregnant for me.”

For several seconds, Kike glared more at me. “So, it’s true,” she finally said. “So, what Uncle Dapo said is true.”

I became instantly indignant, though it was misplaced. “What did Dapo say?”

She was silent for more seconds. “Some months ago he said you’ve started disturbing his sister for an affair. I didn’t believe him, though I was a bit apprehensive about ‘Abuja babes.’

I didn’t believe him because I found it difficult to believe that you and Yetunde would become intimate again. Now, I know better.”

I was angry with Dapo. I was angry that he would go ahead and tell my wife such a damnable thing. But then, I must keep my cool.

It was exigent that the real person that needed to be mollified right now was Kike, my wife.

“I’m so sorry,” I went on, still on my knees.

“Please, have it in your heart to forgive me.”

There were more seconds of silence. “So, are you going to marry her now, or what?”

“What!” I was genuinely astounded. “How can you imagine that? There will be no such a thing.”

She sighed. I wondered if she was relieved to hear that. “And the baby? Is she keeping the baby?”

I nodded sadly. “I’m still trying to convince her to go for abortion, but so far, she remained adamant.”

She appeared to muse over this. “I will not go for abortion myself. I think it’s better you don’t commit murder by terminating the soul of that innocent baby.”

I nodded, not knowing what to say. Several seconds passed.

“You’ve betrayed my trust for you,” she said. “Why did you break your marital vow?”

I shook my head morosely. Indeed, I had broken the marital vow. That was why I just had to plead for her forgiveness and understanding.

I remained penitent. After some minutes, Kike appeared to take things cool. Of course, no woman would be happy in a situation like this, but she seemed to take things with the kind of equanimity I did not expect.

I had to vow never to abandon or forsake her. I could not tell if she really believed my words, but I felt it was good that I should say them.

On Saturday, I went on shopping and bought her more cloths and accessories. They were nice apparels, and they were costly too. It was alright by me to do it for her. On Monday, I returned to Abuja.

The flight was smooth. I took a cab straight to the office with my valise. I must begin the day’s work without any tardiness.

Few minutes to noon, I got a call from Linda.

“Edith will be arriving Abuja by two o’clock,” she said. “Tomorrow morning, she will resume
lectures at the university.”

You can get full story at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/heart_of_seduction/30375

1 Like

Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Godbest(m): 11:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
Yetunda set you up.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Zamar: 8:06am On Apr 22, 2020
Interesting.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by FairCritic(m): 10:13am On Apr 23, 2020
Nice update.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Julietkings(f): 1:38pm On Apr 23, 2020
Person wey no dey take eye see woman......dog
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by tonysunkan: 4:37pm On Apr 24, 2020
For several seconds, Kike glared more at me. “So, it’s true,” she finally said. “So, what Uncle Dapo said is true.”

I became instantly indignant, though it was misplaced. “What did Dapo say?”

She was silent for more seconds. “Some months ago he said you’ve started disturbing his sister for an affair. I didn’t believe him, though I was a bit apprehensive about ‘Abuja babes.’

"I didn’t believe him because I found it difficult to believe that you and Yetunde would become intimate again. Now, I know better.”

I was angry with Dapo. I was angry that he would go ahead and tell my wife such a damnable thing. But then, I must keep my cool. It was exigent that the real person that needed to be mollified right now was Kike, my wife.

“I’m so sorry,” I went on, still on my knees. “Please, have it in your heart to forgive me.”

There were more seconds of silence. “So, are you going to marry her now, or what?”

“What!” I was genuinely astounded. “How can you imagine that? There will be no such a thing.”
She sighed. I wondered if she was relieved to hear that. “And the baby? Is she keeping the baby?”

I nodded sadly. “I’m still trying to convince her to go for abortion, but so far, she remained adamant.”

She appeared to muse over this. “I will not go for abortion myself. I think it’s better you don’t commit murder by terminating the soul of that innocent baby.”

I nodded, not knowing what to say. Several seconds passed.

“You’ve betrayed my trust for you,” she said. “Why did you break your marital vow?”

I shook my head morosely. Indeed, I had broken the marital vow. That was why I just had to plead for her forgiveness and understanding.
I remained penitent.

After some minutes, Kike appeared to take things cool. Of course, no woman would be happy in a situation like this, but she seemed to take things with the kind of equanimity I did not expect. I had to vow never to abandon or forsake her. I could not tell if she really believed my words, but I felt it was good that I should say them.

On Saturday, I went on shopping and bought her more cloths and accessories. They were nice apparels, and they were costly too. It was alright by me to do it for her. On Monday, I returned to Abuja.

The flight was smooth. I took a cab straight to the office with my valise. I must begin the day’s work without any tardiness.

Few minutes to noon, I got a call from Linda.
“Edith will be arriving Abuja by two o’clock,” she said. “Tomorrow morning, she will resume lectures at the university.”

I had forgotten about her and the niece she said would be coming over to stay temporarily in my place. Now, I was being reminded.

You can get full story at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/heart_of_seduction/30375
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by jenifer007: 10:12pm On Apr 24, 2020
I guess you made a mistake...You repeated the same update you posted on the 21st of April today.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Ann2012(f): 8:45am On Apr 25, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by BigBasher: 1:23pm On Apr 26, 2020
Nice story.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by LoveToRead: 12:25pm On Apr 27, 2020
Interesting.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by tonysunkan: 3:48pm On Apr 27, 2020
I had forgotten about her and the niece she said would be coming over to stay temporarily in my place. Now, I was being reminded.

“Okay. I think she will have to meet me in the office. I’ll be in the office then. Or better still, send her number to me.”

“I’ve given her yours. I’ll send hers to you, right away.”

“Okay.”

“Thanks.”

“You’re welcome.”

As soon as the line was disconnected, as if on cue, Edith’s call came through.

“Hello, sir. Is that Mr. Henry Alashe? This is Edith, Aunty Linda’s niece on the line.”

“Oh, Edith, your aunty just called me now. She said you’ll soon be arriving in the city.”

“Yes.”

“I won’t be at home when you come. Can you take a cab to Apo? I’ll send you a description to my office.”

“Okay, sir.”

“Alright, see you, Edith.”

About thirty minutes later, I got a call from one of the security details that A Miss Edith Bulus would like to see me. I told him to allow her entry. Another couple of minutes later, Edith came into my office.

“Good day, sir,” she greeted, curtseying.

“Good day, Edith. How was your trip?”

“Fine, sir.”

“Okay. You have to give me a couple of hours before I’ll close for the day. You will stay at the secretary’s office. if you’re hungry, tell her. She will get you something to eat.”

“Thank you, sir.”

I went back to work. At exactly four-thirty, I decided to call it a day.

“Did you have anything for dinner?” I asked Edith as we moved down to the car park.

“Yes, the secretary got some food for me.”

I nodded, knowing that I had instructed the secretary to do that. She put her luggage in the booth of the car and joined me at the front seat.

“So, what will you be studying at the university?” I asked as I drove the CRV out of the assembly complex.

She smiled. “Political Science.”

‘Hmn, interesting. You want to join politics too?”

“Ah, no o,” she said quickly. “Maybe I’ll just work in the Ministry like my aunt.”

I nodded. Deliberately, I had decided not to stare at her or study her, but I could still say something about her, all the same.

Edith couldn’t be more that eighteen. She was a petite one who was still budding into full womanhood.

She had a light skin and a pretty face. In a way, she reminded me of when Kike first came to live with my parents in Lagos. But then, the former was much bustier. I quickly checked myself and stopped making comparisons.

In my flat, I took Edith to the room she would be staying. I showed her the bathroom and the toilet she would be using. I also showed her the kitchen.

“I don’t cook but eat out. However, if you want to cook, you can always use the kitchen. There are still some foodstuffs, but if you need any, let me know.”

“Thank you, uncle.”

She went to her room while I sat in the sitting-room to watch the local news. She seemed to be the reserved type, so I let her be.

The following morning, I woke up five-thirty to start preparing for the day. After I had dressed up, I went to knock on the door of my guest.

She was obviously still asleep.

“Hello, good morning.”

“Good morning, uncle.”

“How was your night?”

“Fine, thank you.”

“I’m on my way to the office. aren’t you going for lectures or something?”

“I’ll soon be going.”

“Good. You can help yourself in the kitchen.” I dipped my hands into my pocket. “Have this in case you need something. Then, have this key. That’s your own key to the apartment. When you’re going out, lock it.”

“Okay sir. Thank you, sir.”

I left the apartment and went off to work. That Tuesday, immediately I closed from the office, I went to the club I went to once in a while to cool off. I took a couple of bottle of beers and spicy sharwama before I left for home.

Edith opened the door of my apartment for me.

“Hello, Edith.”

“Welcome, uncle.”

There was a total transition from the Edith I had seen the previous day. She had changed from the girl that looked like a very timid one to one that was very sexy.

She was wearing a T-shirt and bum short, like a young university student that she was, but seriously looking like a pretty young thing.

You can get full story at https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/heart_of_seduction/30375

2 Likes

Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Aybasky: 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2020
This Henry ehn, it seems the devil likes you too much, always throwing tempting offers your way. Anyway you are on your own on this new temptation. Nice update op.

2 Likes

Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Vickyace(f): 4:42pm On Apr 27, 2020
Many interesting romance stories on Nairaland. I also enjoy reading romance at https://youngicee.com/romance-stories
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Ann2012(f): 8:14am On Apr 28, 2020
Henry!!!!! You don dey admire Edith abi angry
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by tonysunkan: 11:48am On Apr 30, 2020
There was a total transition from the Edith I had seen the previous day. She had changed from the girl that looked like a very timid one to one that was very sexy.

She was wearing a T-shirt and bum short, like a young university student that she was, but seriously looking like a pretty young thing.

Warm arousal came in torrents from that moment on. I looked at her and felt a physical response in the form of blood flowing more through the veins into the organs in the pubic region.

I soon found myself traveling in the realms of fantasy. I found myself thinking about sexy acts that she could be involved in. Her small ass was moving with great beauty.

In a matter of seconds, I let myself imagine holding her young body against mine, cupping her beautiful butt and moving my hands all over it.

I imagined what it would be like to kiss her lips and suck her tits.

“Why, uncle, come in,” she was saying.

I had to force myself back to reality.

“Oh, sorry,” I mumbled. “How was your day?”

“Fine. How was yours?”

I could see that her reservations seemed to have puffed into the air. The way she conversed was like she had known me for months.

“Fine, although a bit hectic.”

She nodded as if she understood. I went to bedroom to drop my bag and to change to casuals.

I could not help stopping the feelings that kept coming to me. Somehow I found the feelings inside me enjoyable. They were the kind of feeling I had when I came across a very desirable lady.

I lingered in the bedroom, wondering if my mind was not about to lead me on a journey to perdition. Yetunde’s matter had not died down and here was I getting excited over a lady again.

Shouldn’t I just overlook this and pretend that she was not in the house? Without doubt, I knew that I would have to put in a great effort if I was going to steer clear of the looming seduction.

There was a knock on my door. I went to the door and slightly opened it.

“I prepared evening food,” Edith said. “Should I serve it on the dining-table?”

“You prepared meal?”

She smiled. “Yes.”

Without even asking what food she prepared I gave her the nodding that she could serve it. I moved out of my bedroom to the sitting room and to the dining-table.

She brought the meal in a tray. She had fried some plantain and she had fried some eggs. They smelt tantalizing. The taste was not bad, although the eggs appeared a bit salty. As I ate, she sat opposite me at the dinning-table.

You can get the full story at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/heart_of_seduction/30375
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by EngrMcDon(m): 2:04pm On Apr 30, 2020
Just when you thought Henry has changed another freshely baked cake will be served...Tooor, who is Henry to reject

Thanks for the update
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Aybasky: 4:22pm On Apr 30, 2020
Henry, hmnnnn, better be careful, you may not be able to survive this. Thanks op
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by royalguy123(m): 5:19pm On Apr 30, 2020
Henry, Henry please calm down
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by ruboy(m): 8:01am On May 01, 2020
Henry is in some deep sht
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by tonysunkan: 8:37am On May 01, 2020
EngrMcDon:
Just when you thought Henry has changed another freshely baked cake will be served...Tooor, who is Henry to reject

Thanks for the update

Aybasky:
Henry, hmnnnn, better be careful, you may not be able to survive this. Thanks op

You are welcome.
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by ruboy(m): 10:29pm On May 01, 2020
Henry the sharp guy
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by Zamar: 8:33am On May 03, 2020
Nice story
Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by ruboy(m): 5:00pm On May 03, 2020
Update!! Update!!

1 Like

Re: A Thorn in the Flesh 2 by tonysunkan: 6:01pm On May 03, 2020
She brought the meal in a tray. She had fried some plantain and she had fried some eggs.

They smelt tantalizing. The taste was not bad, although the eggs appeared a bit salty. As I ate, she sat opposite me at the dinning-table.

“What d’you say to my cooking?”

I smiled. I would not discourage her, so I would not tell her that the fried eggs were quite salty.

“It’s very delicious,” I said.

She smiled. “Seriously?”

I nodded. “Seriously.” Then, I stared at her. “What about you? Are you not eating?”

She shook her head. “I ate before you came.”
She allowed me to eat the meal in silence.

After the food, I fetched a bottle of fruit wine and two glass cups, filled the glasses, handed her one and sat in the sitting-room together.

“Aunty said you’re married,” she said.

What a way to start a conversation! “Yes,” I answered. “I’m married with a child, and the second one is on the way.”

If I should consider Yetunde’s pregnancy, then it would be the third one was on the way.

“So, what is it to be married?”

I breathed in deeply. “It’s exciting, but it has its ups and downs.”

She nodded. “Aunty also said you work for a senator.”

I nodded. Linda must have told her a lot about me. “That’s right.”

Still sipping my drink, I stretched out on my legs. Edith did the same next to me, her hand shading her eyes as she stared at the television. Voices of the actors and actresses filled the sitting-room.

It was relaxing as we drank, chatted and watched the movies on the television. At a time, she excused herself and went to the toilet. When she came back, she sat closer to me.

Tentatively, I put my right palm on her thigh, rubbing gently.

The hand stayed on her bare thigh. It affected the course of my thoughts, bringing awareness of how slender and firm her legs were, and how soft and silky her skin was. It also revealed how warm her body warm was.

Edith’s legs reminded me how young she was, and that appealed to me strongly. I caressed the top of her thigh slowly until I could feel the first tingle of blood as it began to flow through the groin, warming up an erection.

When I removed my hand, Edith moved closer to me, looking straight at my face, and smiling softly. Her dark exotic eyes studied mine, then studied my mouth.

She touched my lips very softly with the pad of her index finger, tracing the edges.

I smiled at her. “I’ve been thinking about kissing you since I came in this evening.”

Edith shuffled closer, her body settling against my side. Her knee eased over my leg. I slipped an arm behind her and she rolled partially onto me, her small breast pressing to my chest.

A sweet partial smile formed on her lush lips, her eyes locked on mine. She moved closer. Her breath, clean and warm, washed against my face.

It’s an intense experience and, for me, made more so by the fact that this was with an eighteen-year-old girl. I was enchanted by her. I hadn’t experienced very hard erection like this for a long time. I bent and kissed her, my hands sliding down under her t-shirt to cup her nubile ass.

She tasted like salty, raw beef. Her small tongue teased. I held two of the sexiest little buttocks in my palms, and just like that, I was seriously Hot, desire and loose morals rushing through me.

Tongues teased sensually. I had a vision of lifting her, of Edith wrapping her legs around my waist, and me carrying her off to bed.

She wasn’t wearing a bra. Her breasts were nicely outlined by her t-shirt.

You can get full story @ https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/heart_of_seduction/30375

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) / Restless...story Of A Survivor. / Nairaland Detection Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.