Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana (2344 Views)

Breaking - Crack DSS Team Intercept Igboho At Cotonou Border / DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —Falana / Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by vicdom(m): 6:46pm On Dec 08, 2019
Human rights lawyer, Mr. Femi Falana (SAN), on Sunday refuted the Department of State Service's claim that its operatives did not disrupt proceedings at the Federal High Court, Abuja, in their bid to rearrest his client, Mr. Omoyele Sowore, on Friday.
Falana said in a statement that, contrary to the DSS' denial, issued on Saturday, the leader of the DSS team of operatives who invaded the court tendered an apology for their conduct when summoned after the incident by the presiding judge, Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu.
He said the DSS operatives were unable to defend their conduct, hence their subsequent apology to the judge, who was forced to adjourn cases on her list following the invasion.
He described the Saturday statement issued by the agency's spokesperson as “self-contradictory press release” and “an unsuccessful attempt” to absolve itself of responsibility “for the armed invasion of the Federal High Court, Abuja Judicial Division, in general, and the desecration of Court No 7 of Hon. Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu in particular, as well as the illegal rearrest of Omoyele Sowore”.
He stated, “By the advantage of information technology, the whole world has placed responsibility for the gangsteric desecration of the court on the DSS.“
The DSS cannot extricate itself from the abominable acts of December 6, 2019.
“When I informed the court that fresh charges were being filed against our clients and that they could be rearrested, the prosecution denied any such plan.
“As soon as the case was adjourned, the DSS pounced on Sowore and caused a disruption of the proceedings of the court.
“Having taken over the court room, Justice Ojukwu hurriedly rose and asked the registrar to adjourn all other cases.

“After the learned trial judge had risen for the day, she summoned the heads of the prosecution and defence teams to her chambers.
“When the lead prosecutor, Dr. Liman Hassan (SAN), denied knowledge of the invasion of her court, she directed him to invite the head of the DSS team in the court.
“When challenged to justify the invasion of the court, the officer could not.
“He apologised to Justice Ojukwu on behalf of the DSS.
“The judge then directed the officer to withdraw the DSS operatives from the court room.
“The directive was complied with, as the operatives withdrew from the court room but rushed out to join their colleagues who had taken over the entire court house.”
He noted that the agency’s operatives’ “abominable desecration” of the court was covered live by domestic and international media and journalists, some of whom he said were victims of the operatives’ acts of “gangsterism, barbarism and brutalisation.”
He called for the immediate release of Sowore and other political detainees as well as all criminal suspects that had been granted bail.

https://punchng.com/dss-team-leader-apologised-to-justice-ojukwu-over-court-invasion-falana/

Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 08, 2019
A lying government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by Racoon(m): 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2019
"Laws become fragile under the influence of dictators."-Wayne Gerard Trotman
See how their own lies have been well busted.
It's always difficult for liars to retrace their foot-steps because they don't keep track of how much lies they have told.

The wise man who said that fools are too stupid to understand the consequences of their blunders have this govt in mind.

7 Likes

Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by Brandstudio01: 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2019
But the DSS said it was Play Acting
Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by Built2last: 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2019
Ok
Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by plainol(m): 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2019
A DSS that cannot infiltrate Boko Haram after 10 solid years of BH operation to decimate them from within.

Is that one a secret service or a glorified vigilante group?

5 Likes

Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by helinues: 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2019
Falana is only disgracing himself . Senior advocate for that matter.

My own views about the court scenes, after the court proceedings, Sowore was about making his way out of the court and sighted DSS officials outside the court premises.

He ran back inside the court to cause chaos . The judge was confused and ran for her life..

Even though I will condemn the appearance of DSS officials outside the court premises, Sowore created unnecessary scenes for himself.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by seunmsg(m): 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2019
The statements issued so far by DSS and the presidency are contradictory and makes no sense. It also goes to show that they have no fate in their own ability to prove the case against Sowore and get him convicted. That is why they have resorted to so help by abducting him after the court already granted him bail.

1 Like

Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by Iamgrey5(m): 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2019
helinues:

My own views about the court scenes, after the court proceedings, Sowore was about making his way out of the court and sighted DSS officials outside the court premises.

He ran back inside the court to cause chaos . The judge was confused and ran for her life..

Even though I will condemn the appearance of DSS officials outside the court premises, Sowore created unnecessary scenes for himself.

I hope you read and understood where Falana said DSS acknowledged that they raided the court unlawfully and apologized

Meanwhile, Deji Adeyanju has identified the man in the suit that pulled Sowore as well known member of the Dss.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by baby124: 7:02pm On Dec 08, 2019
plainol:
A DSS that cannot infiltrate Boko Haram after 10 solid years of BH operation to decimate them from within.

Don’t mind them. They have mouth only to silence opposition and use fake wig to pretend to be undercover. They are just the presidency’s area boys. Their efforts obviously show that they lack training, knowledge of the law, no guiding procedures for their agency and they are uneducated touts. That agency should either be disbanded or merged with the police. The presidency should not have any secret police that it has absolute control over with no checks over its excesses.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by Racoon(m): 7:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
[s]
helinues:
Falana is only disgracing himself . Senior advocate for that matter.My own views about the court scenes, after the court proceedings, Sowore was about making his way out of the court and sighted DSS officials outside the court premises.

He ran back inside the court to cause chaos . The judge was confused and ran for her life.Even though I will condemn the appearance of DSS officials outside the court premises, Sowore created unnecessary scenes for himself.
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by Racoon(m): 7:04pm On Dec 08, 2019
[s]
seunmsg:
The statements issued so far by DSS and the presidency are contradictory and makes no sense.

It also goes to show that they have no fate in their own ability to prove the case against Sowore and get him convicted. That is why they have resorted to so help by abducting him after the court already granted him bail.
[/s] Keep on defending them.No need for all these lamentations.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by samtol4(m): 7:04pm On Dec 08, 2019
helinues:

Your statement is fallacious ! U dey there ? The people dragging sowore inside court are his supporters abi ? Congratulations o

4 Likes

Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by helinues: 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2019
Racoon:
[s][/s]

It seems you have resorted to be cancelling comments without countering it?

Does it mean you do not have counter arguments?

2 Likes

Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by seunmsg(m): 7:06pm On Dec 08, 2019
helinues:

At the end of the day, why did they rearrest Sowore after he was granted bail by the court? Why are they still holding on to him as we speak?

Any explanation from DSS or presidency that doesn’t state clearly that Sowore has been released is nonsense. He has been charged to court for the crime they claimed he committed. They should be reasonable enough to allow the court to decide his fate instead of resorting to self help.

1 Like

Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by ambu2: 7:06pm On Dec 08, 2019
plainol:

The walls may have appeared to have blocks but it is a mere space. Be guided.
Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by Racoon(m): 7:07pm On Dec 08, 2019
[s]
helinues:
It seems you have resorted to be cancelling comments without countering it? Does it mean you do not have counter arguments?
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by helinues: 7:07pm On Dec 08, 2019
samtol4:
Your statement is fallacious ! U dey there ? The people dragging sowore inside court are his supporters abi ? Congratulations o

Were you there as well? Have you seen the video? Is there any DSS officials inside the court room..

Be logical with this

2 Likes

Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by Racoon(m): 7:08pm On Dec 08, 2019
seunmsg:
At the end of the day, why did they rearrest Sowore after he was granted bail by the court? Why are they still holding on to him as we speak?

3 Likes

Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by seunmsg(m): 7:09pm On Dec 08, 2019
Racoon:
[s][/s] Keep on defending them.No need for all these lamentations.

Just ignore my post if you have nothing reasonable to wail about. That I support Buhari doesn’t mean I cannot criticize him. I’m not a sycophantic supporter like some of you who are still stuck in Jonathan’s 2015 electoral loss. Stop wailing on my mention, please.

1 Like

Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by Racoon(m): 7:09pm On Dec 08, 2019
Iamgrey5:
I hope you read and understood where Falana said DSS acknowledged that they raided the court unlawfully and apologized

Meanwhile, Deji Adeyanju has identified the man in the suit that pulled Sowore as well known member of the Dss.
Lies Always have a beginning and an end.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 08, 2019
Iamgrey5:
lol
I'm.really surprised at your submissions recently. At least in this one, u didn't pretend to explain it away like the rest.
That very commendable of u.
We all want a better Nigeria. Not because we want our tribesmen to be at the helm of affairs. It only massages ego. If we can unanimously call a spade a spade, these people will do better. We the masses are very powerful when we all come together to condemn wrong irrespective of who the perpetrator is and the reason behind the crime.

I stay outside the shores of Nigeria and it's only when u are outside Nigeria that u can see where politicians has plunged a wonderful country like Nigeria into.

4 Likes

Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by Racoon(m): 7:10pm On Dec 08, 2019
[s]
seunmsg:
Just ignore my post if you have nothing reasonable to wail about. That I support Buhari doesn’t mean I cannot criticize him.

I’m not a sycophantic supporter like some of you who are still stuck in Jonathan’s 2015 electoral loss. Stop wailing on my mention, please.
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by helinues: 7:11pm On Dec 08, 2019
seunmsg:

That's why I said I condemned the appearance of DSS officials outside the court premises.. Sowore to me is not a real threats to this government..

Still still Sowore and Falana should know better who they are dealing with.. Buhari is an old fashioned president who still believes in old fashion way of handling things..

1 Like

Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by slimfit1(m): 7:13pm On Dec 08, 2019
helinues:

You are obviously a monkey sir. Falana is the only hope for poor people in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by helinues: 7:14pm On Dec 08, 2019
slimfit1:

You are obviously a monkey sir.

Mr Gorilla, how far? grin grin
Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by slimfit1(m): 7:15pm On Dec 08, 2019
helinues:

Mr Gorilla, how far?

At least I still have a close relationship with human beings you are a clueless monkey. It is because of people like you white people call us monkeys.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by helinues: 7:20pm On Dec 08, 2019
slimfit1:

At least I still have a close relationship with human beings you are a clueless monkey. It is because of people like you white people call us monkeys.

Your allusions which do not count water.. Are you in a cage zoo as Gorilla?
Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by helinues: 7:23pm On Dec 08, 2019
Iamgrey5:

Sorry who is Deji Adeyanju? An ambassador?
Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by Iamgrey5(m): 7:26pm On Dec 08, 2019
helinues:

Sorry who is Deji Adeyanju? An ambassador?
No, He is a well known person in the Nigeria scene, one of whom Buhari himself rode to power in 2015.

Here is the thread below

https://www.nairaland.com/5571449/exposed-see-dss-operative-tried
Re: DSS Team Leader Apologised To Justice Ojukwu Over Court Invasion —falana by helinues: 7:27pm On Dec 08, 2019
Iamgrey5:
No, He is a well known person in the Nigeria scene, one of whom Buhari himself rode to power in 2015.

Here is the thread below

https://www.nairaland.com/5571449/exposed-see-dss-operative-tried

And what does he commands? Would like to know

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dictator & Muhammadu Buhari Arrives In Egypt- Signal Newspaper / I March With Buhari Coming Up March 2020 / Namdi kanu is a scammer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.