Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,597 members, 7,823,600 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Bleak Christmas Looms - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Bleak Christmas Looms (15912 Views)

Fresh Crisis Looms In Anambra, As Igweship Tussle Tears Ojoto Community / What Is That One Thing You Would Never Do Even If Death Looms? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by nextstep(m): 2:30pm On Dec 09, 2019
Izzokay with me jare... not every Christmas has to be merry abeg. Personally, I will be chilling at home, doing nothing, no parties, no special anything - and especially no spending. Just recovering from the harsh year and getting ready for 2020.

2 Likes

Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by Mrquote: 2:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:
As long as Ipob suffers,no prob.
And u think u pp we have power for eternity, time we tell
Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by Mrquote: 2:33pm On Dec 09, 2019
Olalan:
Cause you want to stop importation of rice all other commodities and trade has to suffer.
BTW why do we have customs manning these borders if they can't discharge their duties
Ask them why not sack all the officers then close border
Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by oloriLFC(f): 2:34pm On Dec 09, 2019
vincentjk:

I tap from your blessings, next year shall be my turn. Can i get an amen?
AMEN! smiley

1 Like

Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by CodeTemplar: 2:42pm On Dec 09, 2019
Let the govt enforce a partial border closure. ban only the things they import and smuggle into Nigeria like oil, rice, frozen food etc. Other ones like fresh tomatoes which they cannot source from abroad like fresh tomatoes, onions, eggs etc should be allowed in.
Simple move, but Buhari won't do that because his real motive behind the border closure is to help his brethren and own people who are majority farmers sell the farm harvest with maximum profit until Christmas season.
Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by Successlane: 2:43pm On Dec 09, 2019
Arizonaguy:
what we are experiencing now is "withdrawal symptoms" due to addiction to illegal trade practises
It is usually the norms when changing a way of life that has been entrenched and engender, it's gonna feel uncomfortable at first cos the new lifestyle is strange but it gets better and better
Support border closure till 2030

@ the bolded:

hope it's not what I am thinking.

It sometimes fail o, why not another preventive method?
Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by Xisnin(m): 2:47pm On Dec 09, 2019
oloriLFC:
I do not hold any public position. I am not a government worker. I am not the cause of Nigeria's problem. I only talked for myself and my family. For God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. I don't know about you
Not being a government worker or politician does not give anyone the right to mock the less privileged.
Of course, you didn't directly mock them, you were merely exalting yourself above economic consequences
that millions are facing.

There is nothing wrong if you don't care about anyone but yourself and family but don't downplay serious
issues affecting your fellow countrymen as if your holiness was responsible for your situation while they deserve
the worst.

1 Like

Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by 2nattie(m): 2:51pm On Dec 09, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:

Very insensitive. Nigerians are all in it together. Ipob or not. This tribalism thing will not pay anyone. Just stop it.
Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by Bacteriologist(m): 3:34pm On Dec 09, 2019
Xisnin:

Not being a government worker or politician does not give anyone the right to mock the less privileged.
Of course, you didn't directly mock them, you were merely exalting yourself above economic consequences
that millions are facing.

There is nothing wrong if you don't care about anyone but yourself and family but don't downplay serious
issues affecting your fellow countrymen as if your holiness was responsible for your situation while they deserve
the worst.

Dude save it. it's just a reflection of how religion brings out that narcissistic, insensitive and selfishly arrogant personality in these brain dead people.

More like: "Our religion preaches love but as soon as I and my family are sorted. I don't give a flying füčk about the rest of you. Including fellow Christians."

Religion does condition to act in some kind of way. And being selfish is simply one of those ways.

Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by vecman22(m): 3:38pm On Dec 09, 2019
vincentjk:

I tap from your blessing brother, next year shall be my turn. Can I hear an amen?

Amen bro

1 Like

Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by Uchesis: 4:05pm On Dec 09, 2019
vecman22:
That one na una problem..

For me and my family this is going to be our best Christmas ever..

Thank you God for your blessings this year, I can't count dem all ,you have really blessed me beyond measures,I never saw myself where I am now..it can only be you lord...
Greedy person. Think about your neighbour too, just like Christ told us to. This is the season to care for one another.

1 Like

Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by ZooOga: 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2019
how about some of dem private jet owning, billionaire pastors do the needy and feed the multitude? wink

(Matthew 14:13-21; Mark 6:30-44; Luke 9:10-17; John 6:1-15)

And why must the holy day/season for many be about profits and materialism?

Acts 20:35

In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”
Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by vecman22(m): 4:36pm On Dec 09, 2019
Uchesis:

Greedy person. Think about your neighbour too, just like Christ told us to. This is the season to care for one another.

Lol...
Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by yemmite07: 6:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
don't mind this trader even when the border is not close, festive period always have sane price issue...
Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by TemmyT002(m): 7:05pm On Dec 09, 2019
Gbaun
Even where there is no border closure, food prices are usually high
Don't come and whine us here
Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by TemmyT002(m): 7:06pm On Dec 09, 2019
Bacteriologist:

Dude save it. it's just a reflection of how religion brings out that narcissistic, insensitive and selfishly arrogant personality in these brain dead people.

More like: "Our religion preaches love but as soon as I and my family are sorted. I don't give a flying füčk about the rest of you. Including fellow Christians."

Religion does condition to act in some kind of way. And being selfish is simply one of those ways.

No one gives a damn about your shallow opinion
It is boring and typical.
Mtchewwwwww

1 Like

Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by Bacteriologist(m): 7:11pm On Dec 09, 2019
TemmyT002:

No one gives a damn about your shallow opinion
It is boring and typical.
Mtchewwwwww

Well apparently you're butthurt because I didn't quote you. But you felt a need to make your opinions because you thought they mattered. News flash: IT DOESN'T.

Now take your ignorant self, your fake skydaddy, your self centered religion and füçk right off.
Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by Legendguru: 8:09pm On Dec 09, 2019
Oh
Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by VanEFCC: 9:38pm On Dec 09, 2019
Josnac:
Next level Christmas.. it will be a Christmas to remember.
Our God is alive!
Abeg , I Must say oooo , Instead of Reading Latest Nigeria News i prefer listening to Good Top Naija Songs Biko ooooo

modified:
Bia, where is fergie001??
FTC on your thread and I'm rightly qualified for a bag of "Osikapa Abia", throw in some G-oil and Tomatoes and my village people will give you a chieftaincy title this Christmas...
How e go be
Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by fergie001: 9:51pm On Dec 09, 2019
[quote author=VanEFCC post=84777208][/quote]
Hahahahahahaha.......

EzeGburugburu the 2nd grin
Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by DZTech: 1:31am On Dec 10, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:
must u display ur prejudices?

if ur charged wit hate speech now, u will b wailing.

bunkum
Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by DZTech: 1:34am On Dec 10, 2019
vecman22:
That one na una problem..

For me and my family this is going to be our best Christmas ever..

Thank you God for your blessings this year, I can't count dem all ,you have really blessed me beyond measures,I never saw myself where I am now..it can only be you lord...
God ur praying to hates selfishness.

because ur own good, u care less wot happens to others abi?

better rectify ur ways

1 Like

Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by DZTech: 1:35am On Dec 10, 2019
post=84763988:
No Pain No gain.

It will be for the progress of our nation at the end of it all.

God bless Nigeria.
lol

thank God, economists have a much deeper & wider thought process dn dis ur drivel.
Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by DZTech: 1:37am On Dec 10, 2019
helinues:
Hmmmm

So the traders are telling us that even when the border was opened, Dem no dey increase price of goods for Dec?

dis is disappointing.

did u read d article?

did u comprehend?
Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by DZTech: 1:39am On Dec 10, 2019
post=84764028:
True talk sha. We read this on a yearly basis all across the media. This is something for some wailers to masturbate on. Some nonentities filled with hatred for their country.
lol
if u find buhari inside ur wife I suspect u will justify his being there.
man, sycophants have it made!

1 Like

Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by DZTech: 1:41am On Dec 10, 2019
oloriLFC:
Some people will still enjoy the Christmas and have in abundance. I am one of those. When others are saying there is a casting down, by God's grace, I will say there is a lifting.
69% poverty is casting down, abi?

or so long as ur own beta, to hell wit d rest?

fake religion like mtn.

1 Like

Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by oloriLFC(f): 7:06am On Dec 10, 2019
DZTech:
69% poverty is casting down, abi?

or so long as ur own beta, to hell wit d rest?

fake religion like mtn.
see, I really don't have time arguing
Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by JeffreyLiaison(m): 8:39am On Dec 10, 2019
They closed border for rice; traders are using it to increase the price of everything else.

Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by Arizonaguy(m): 12:40pm On Dec 11, 2019
Successlane:

@ the bolded:

The another preventive method also sometimes fail
Let's hope this turn out well plus what you thinking ain't clear
Re: Bleak Christmas Looms by Arizonaguy(m): 2:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
Successlane:

@ the bolded:

Trust me man
I play the game well enough

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Important Things We Do On Saturdays: Share Your Activities Today / Torley Nigeria Now Official Drink Sponsor Of Erigga The Genesis Live 2018 / Why Is The Wedding Ring Worn On The Fourth Finger?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.