Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,908 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Lagos Government Closes Down 24 Pharmacies For Illegal Operation - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Government Closes Down 24 Pharmacies For Illegal Operation (7772 Views)

Pastor Closes Down Church After Winning 100 Million Through Sports Betting / Mary Daniel, Amputee Hawker Didn't Lie Or Fake Her Identity - Lagos Government / Tears As Lagos Government Auctions 44 Vehicles For Traffic Offences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government Closes Down 24 Pharmacies For Illegal Operation by thundafire: 8:03am On Dec 09, 2019
Just 24 in which in every street in Nigeria der are upto 10 illegal pharmacy operating if u want to know just ask for were pregnancy can be terminated and c for ursef
Re: Lagos Government Closes Down 24 Pharmacies For Illegal Operation by rinzylee(m): 8:16am On Dec 09, 2019
What would be said of Pharmacists who hire and train sales boys and girls and eventually set some of them up to operate their own drug stores after some years of serving under them?

The Purge needs to start from within!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Closes Down 24 Pharmacies For Illegal Operation by Jman06(m): 8:21am On Dec 09, 2019
Kudos to Dr Abayomi! That's a learned man that knows what's up.

I wish other state governments can copy Lagos state in terms of healthcare regulation.

Come to Edo state and see the mess going on there! One bros that sells trams to cultists in broad daylight right in front of big pharmacies and no one does anything about it. If you enter the shop sef, the kind drugs there ehn and the extremely poor storage condition, you'll wonder if anything like PCN exists in Edo state.

It's too bad!!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Closes Down 24 Pharmacies For Illegal Operation by Angelfrost(m): 8:27am On Dec 09, 2019
LabDNA:
Revenue generating strategy cloaked in the garb of regulation.

Pharmaceuticals is in the federal exclusive list but lagos state keeps meddling in it, even though it is beyond their scope of regulation.

Pharmaceutical sector is a mess in this country... Under normal circumstances, why should non pharmacists be anywhere close to handling or dispensing medicines especially prescription only and control drugs??!... That's an abomination... Beyond illegal!!!

They should do more... Close all the damn patent drug stores, and unmanned pharmacies...

This country is just messed up... Too much lawlessness.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Closes Down 24 Pharmacies For Illegal Operation by Jman06(m): 8:29am On Dec 09, 2019
LabDNA:
Revenue generating strategy cloaked in the garb of regulation.

Pharmaceuticals is in the federal exclusive list but lagos state keeps meddling in it, even though it is beyond their scope of regulation.
Shut the hell up!

Isn't it obvious that federal government has failed in terms of pharmaceutical regulations How many times in a year do PCN go on inspection They don't go often due to paucity of funds!

So, it is better that states get involved in the regulation just like Lagos is doing. Since the federal government doesn't seem to understand the importance of pharmaceutical regulations on the overall healthcare delivery.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Closes Down 24 Pharmacies For Illegal Operation by LabDNA: 8:35am On Dec 09, 2019
Jman06:
[s]Shut the hell up!

Isn't it obvious that federal government has failed in terms of pharmaceutical regulations How many times in a year do PCN go on inspection They don't go often due to paucity of funds!

So, it is better that states take get involved in the regulation just like Lagos is doing. Since the federal government doesn't seem to understand the importance of pharmaceutical regulations on the overall healthcare delivery. [/s]

You are not wise.

When a group of professionals at the state ministry of health push out the pharmacists in PCN and usurp your regulatory roles hope you won't come here and start lamenting?

The PCN should have state offices funded and active in their regulatory duties. Pharmaceutical services are purely federal business to be carried out by Pharmaceutical council of Nigeria in collaboration with PSN, to the best of my knowledge.

Have you read the Anti-quakery bill that a gruop of professionals are pushing at the federal level where they are trying to usurp and regulate the roles of other health professionals through the back doors?

Be careful what you wish for.
Re: Lagos Government Closes Down 24 Pharmacies For Illegal Operation by Jman06(m): 8:44am On Dec 09, 2019
rinzylee:
What would be said of Pharmacists who hire and train sales boys and girls and eventually set some of them up to operate their own drug stores after some years of serving under them?

The Purge needs to start from within!

No one is spared!

That is why the government needs to do more to regulate everyone.
Those pharmacists are doing that because they know that the regulation is poor. Once regulation becomes stiffer, they'll have no choice than to conform.

Meanwhile, in this country it takes so much discipline for a pharmacist not to join in the illegalities going on. Imagine suffering so much in school and studying all the dos and don'ts only to come out and see illiterates freely selling all the drugs you were taught are CONTROLLED drugs. You turn back an addict who comes to buy a drug, only for him to enter the next "chemist" store and buy the same drug. My brother, after having such experience for a few months, it is natural for some pharmacists to join, and when they do, it becomes bloodier!

That is why government should step up regulation!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Closes Down 24 Pharmacies For Illegal Operation by Jman06(m): 8:49am On Dec 09, 2019
LabDNA:

You are not wise.

When a group of professionals at the state ministry of health push out the pharmacists in PCN and usurp your regulatory roles hope you won't come here and start lamenting?

The PCN should have state offices funded and active in their regulatory duties. Pharmaceutical services are purely federal business to be carried out by Pharmaceutical council of Nigeria in collaboration with PSN, to the best of my knowledge.

Have you read the Anti-quakery bill that a gruop of professionals are pushing at the federal level where they are trying to usurp and regulate the roles of other health professionals through the back doors?

Be careful what you wish for.
What I care about is anything to regulate the sector properly!

If PCN and PSN wants to fold their arms and watch things go awry, na them sabi.
I'm leaving this country soon sha

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Closes Down 24 Pharmacies For Illegal Operation by rinzylee(m): 2:36pm On Dec 09, 2019
Jman06:
No one is spared!

Meanwhile, in this country it takes so much discipline for a pharmacist not to join in the illegalities going on. Imagine suffering so much in school and studying all the dos and don'ts only to come out and see illiterates freely selling all the drugs you were taught are CONTROLLED drugs. You turn back an addict who comes to buy a drug, only for him to enter the next "chemist" store and buy the same drug. My brother, after having such experience for a few months, it is natural for some pharmacists to join, and when they do, it becomes bloodier!

That is why government should step up regulation!

Blazing reality!!! I agree

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Closes Down 24 Pharmacies For Illegal Operation by Jman06(m): 7:44am On Dec 10, 2019
Jman06:
Kudos to Dr Abayomi! That's a learned man that knows what's up.

I wish other state governments can copy Lagos state in terms of healthcare regulation.

Come to Edo state and see the mess going on there! One bros that sells trams to cultists in broad daylight right in front of big pharmacies and no one does anything about it. If you enter the shop sef, the kind drugs there ehn and the extremely poor storage condition, you'll wonder if anything like PCN exists in Edo state.

It's too bad!!!!
Well, I just discovered that the 2 ''trams shops " I alluded to in my post above have been sealed!!!

Kudos to the men that did the job!

Power of social media!!!
Re: Lagos Government Closes Down 24 Pharmacies For Illegal Operation by rinzylee(m): 11:56am On Dec 10, 2019
Jman06:
Well, I just discovered that the 2 ''trams shops " I alluded to in my post above have been sealed!!!

Kudos to the men that did the job!

Power of social media!!!

Baba please hide your identity o. I can call out a lot of illegal patent medicine stores and Pharmacies ooo, but there's no witness protection in this Country. Be safe Brother!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Closes Down 24 Pharmacies For Illegal Operation by Jman06(m): 12:18pm On Dec 10, 2019
rinzylee:

Baba please hide your identity o. I can call out a lot of illegal patent medicine stores and Pharmacies ooo, but there's no witness protection in this Country. Be safe Brother!!!
I am equal to the trouble I make

(1) (2) (Reply)

Daughters Arraigned For Beating Up Father Over N45K Debt / 13 Years As A Cultist Man List His Achievements - PHOTOS / Senate vows to sack, jail NNPC boss Mele Kyari, others over ₦‎12 trillion Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.