Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,495 members, 7,954,897 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:03 PM

Colour Blindness Or ! Why Do We Call Ourselves “BLACKS” And Proud About It ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Colour Blindness Or ! Why Do We Call Ourselves “BLACKS” And Proud About It ? (1592 Views)

I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus / I Hate Myself For Being A Nigerian And Proud To Be An Igbo / PDP Governors React To Peter Obi's Performance At VP Debate And Proud Of Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Colour Blindness Or ! Why Do We Call Ourselves “BLACKS” And Proud About It ? by WebSurfer(m): 6:34pm On Dec 09, 2019
passion007:

So basically, no knowledge or understanding of what you're advocating.

Just another loud and empty barrel, chanting a tired line he doesn't understand.

Look at all these accomplished people of African descent who identify as black without any qualms, but on this forum an obscure online character would rather be described as brown and is mindlessly unable to communicate his stance or convince anyone to take him seriously.

GTFOH!
You finally proved what i mentioned earlier, a dimwit and a dullard.

I am clearly pointing out the need to correct notable figures who use such words on us and in your infinite wisdom, you can’t understand that
Re: Colour Blindness Or ! Why Do We Call Ourselves “BLACKS” And Proud About It ? by passion007: 6:43pm On Dec 09, 2019
WebSurfer:

You finally proved what i mentioned earlier, a dimwit and a dullard.

I am clearly pointing out the need to correct notable figures who use such words on us and in your infinite wisdom, you can’t understand that

Hahaha... Are you having a laugh?
Re: Colour Blindness Or ! Why Do We Call Ourselves “BLACKS” And Proud About It ? by obidark: 7:33pm On Dec 09, 2019
you are not makin sense....

white people are not white like piece of paper either....
Re: Colour Blindness Or ! Why Do We Call Ourselves “BLACKS” And Proud About It ? by WebSurfer(m): 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2019
obidark:
you are not makin sense....

white people are not white like piece of paper either....

That is the point
Re: Colour Blindness Or ! Why Do We Call Ourselves “BLACKS” And Proud About It ? by porka: 12:27pm On Dec 10, 2019
All you need is self esteem.

It's what many black people need.

You are focusing too much on your appearance and it's making you think very low of yourself.

Even if the whites relinquish the word white to you and adopt black for themselves today you won't still be confident. Your mind will still be looking for the negative meanings of color white.

It's your mindset.

If you can change your mindset from concentrating on very useless things as what people call you to what you can add to the world, you will begin to be happy with yourself no matter what name you chose.

You can only be limited by your mind. The earlier the black people know this, the better.

Black is just a color. And that is the color or word that has come to be associated with people of dark skin, most especially Africans.

What you are advocating is not different from what many "spiritualists" in Africa are telling their "clients" to do by changing their foreparents age-long family name before they can make progress in life.

It only serves a therapeutic or psychological purpose. Beyond that, it doesn't change who they are. After some time they will be back to the low self esteem-underachieving state of mind.

By focusing on doing what you do very well and making a mark, you would not only have disproved the naysayers, you would have changed even the socalled negative perception of your circumstances.

People who succeed and go ahead to change the world don't sit down brooding about the definition of colors. They don't even care.

Blackberry was one of the most successful, safe, business-friendly smart phone ever. The founders didn't even think of the definition of color black in any negative way.

Blackrock Inc is currently one the biggest investment management companies with over $6 trillion in asset under management. Again, the founders didn't pay much attention to any blackness in their name.

There are people who call themselves devils, wizards gladly. Thatcher, Bush, Stone, Laggard, Black, are some of the names that have been associated with very successful people in the world. No one cares about the meaning of those names. People focus on what they do and how they do it.
Re: Colour Blindness Or ! Why Do We Call Ourselves “BLACKS” And Proud About It ? by WebSurfer(m): 2:58am On Dec 12, 2019
porka:
All you need is self esteem.

It's what many black people need.

You are focusing too much on your appearance and it's making you think very low of yourself.

Even if the whites relinquish the word white to you and adopt black for themselves today you won't still be confident. Your mind will still be looking for the negative meanings of color white.

It's your mindset.

If you can change your mindset from concentrating on very useless things as what people call you to what you can add to the world, you will begin to be happy with yourself no matter what name you chose.

You can only be limited by your mind. The earlier the black people know this, the better.

Black is just a color. And that is the color or word that has come to be associated with people of dark skin, most especially Africans.

What you are advocating is not different from what many "spiritualists" in Africa are telling their "clients" to do by changing their foreparents age-long family name before they can make progress in life.

It only serves a therapeutic or psychological purpose. Beyond that, it doesn't change who they are. After some time they will be back to the low self esteem-underachieving state of mind.

By focusing on doing what you do very well and making a mark, you would not only have disproved the naysayers, you would have changed even the socalled negative perception of your circumstances.

People who succeed and go ahead to change the world don't sit down brooding about the definition of colors. They don't even care.

Blackberry was one of the most successful, safe, business-friendly smart phone ever. The founders didn't even think of the definition of color black in any negative way.

Blackrock Inc is currently one the biggest investment management companies with over $6 trillion in asset under management. Again, the founders didn't pay much attention to any blackness in their name.

There are people who call themselves devils, wizards gladly. Thatcher, Bush, Stone, Laggard, Black, are some of the names that have been associated with very successful people in the world. No one cares about the meaning of those names. People focus on what they do and how they do it.

I can’t seem to understand why this confuse you
You are completely off point and I don’t think you will ever understand

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lovely Picture Of Inmate Orji Uzor Kalu , Ibikunle Amosun And President Buhari / How Can I Reach EEDC And Get Them To Come To My Rescue? / BREAKING: Lagos Airport Hotel Ikeja Is On Fire, Who's Setting The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.