Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,949 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British (56958 Views)

Lionel Messi Trains For The 1st Time With His Inter Miami Teammates / Ukraine: Former World Boxing Champions, Klitschko Brothers, Take Up Arms. / Mary Yetunde Aina Wins World Boxing Foundation (WBF) Title Belt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by Psady(m): 1:50pm On Dec 17, 2019
seunmohmoh:
Can we ever have viewers on a thread like the day Joshua fought ruiz?
probably the day super eagles will make it to the final of any FIFA world cup.
Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 17, 2019
ITxBUSH:
Aside Tribalism, nepotism and Religious Conflict, Nigeria would have been the Big brother of Africa.

Right now, we are the Big brother of poverty.

not only poverty but evil minded individuaal
Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by AyakaDunukofia: 1:56pm On Dec 17, 2019
THIS IS THE FIRST NIGERIAN THAT WON A BELT IN THE HEAVYWEIGHT CATEGORY. PLEASE, WELCOME DICK TIGER, THE FORMER WBC LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION. HE HAILED FROM IMO STATE. ADJUDGED TO BE ONE OF THE GOAT. HE RULED THE RING FOR YEARS.

Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by joepepsy(m): 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2019
Nigeria is not poor, many of are mentally lazy.
ITxBUSH:
Aside Tribalism, nepotism and Religious Conflict, Nigeria would have been the Big brother of Africa.

Right now, we are the Big brother of poverty.
Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by olong1(m): 2:32pm On Dec 17, 2019
[Lol same here)

quote author=dawnomike post=84763054]I could have won a boxing bout and become a champ with that kind of opponent Bassey faced... Things have changed [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by KosiGee(m): 2:34pm On Dec 17, 2019
dawnomike:
I could have won a boxing bout and become a champ with that kind of opponent Bassey faced... Things have changed

50 years from now, lots of gangly and flabby armed, mosquito thigh and flat footed internet warriors would say the same about Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder’s opponents.

While the old legends of the sweet sports pinched away on heavy bags leaving blood and sweat behind, today’s pugilists are punching away on their keyboards leaving ketchups and food greases behind.
Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by beejay501: 2:48pm On Dec 17, 2019
codedpasta:

You expect me to use my normal account? That everyone knows me for

Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by Samanza89: 3:06pm On Dec 17, 2019
YorubaKing:
One is "authentic" Yoruba, Superior while the other one from SE... Biafuro kingdom na Okirika grin

Another level of stupidity, is Cross River SE or SS? Is Cross River under Biafra? Get sense for once. Your brain is paining you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by tck2000(m): 3:09pm On Dec 17, 2019
dawnomike:
I could have won a boxing bout and become a champ with that kind of opponent Bassey faced... Things have changed
lol

1 Like

Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by LZAA: 3:13pm On Dec 17, 2019
GMbuharii:

OJIGBIJIGBIJIGBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAA....... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......... grin grin grin grin grin grin

yorubaking (agberoe) yaff finish PATAPATA!!!! Lolsssssss.......

Lzaa immhotep bastardmod adaibeku greenback grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by Abimbola29(m): 3:24pm On Dec 17, 2019
how time flies, I remember hogan bassy as a little boy never new he was a boxer never new he was even popular sef,all I knew his that he was my biological mum God father thats all,how he used to pamper me then but you see,they are both dead rest on ma and sir!
Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by Loveskid(m): 4:13pm On Dec 17, 2019
That signifies that we are in the beginning of end-time
Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by tomju(m): 4:14pm On Dec 17, 2019
YorubaKing:
One is "authentic" Yoruba, Superior while the other one from SE... Biafuro kingdom na Okirika grin
Once again your upbringing is called to question. In national discourse you are bringing up ethnic sentiments. Bloody ethnic bigot like you. What a shame. Lets do a one on one, you and I, I am from the south and you are from the west, tell me what makes you superior than me? Firstly, I am certain you v'e not left the shores of this country before. Basic University Degree, you dont have. Masters nko? for where, you wan thief am? All these Mushin born will not allow us hear word. Authentic kor authentic ni, Mstewwww. Yeye dey smell.

1 Like

Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by YorubaKing: 4:17pm On Dec 17, 2019
tomju:

Once again your upbringing is called to question. In national discourse you are bringing up ethnic sentiments. Bloody ethnic bigot like you. What a shame. Lets do a one on one, you and I, I am from the south and you are from the west, tell me what makes you superior than me? Firstly, I am certain you v'e not left the shores of this country before. Basic University Degree, you dont have. Masters nko? for where, you wan thief am? All these Mushin born will not allow us hear word. Authentic kor authentic ni, Mstewwww. Yeye dey smell.

Really? Are you sure of that? Mushin or no Mushin... Yorubas are created superior! angry

1 Like

Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by DRPAIT123(m): 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2019
dawnomike:
I'm sure you are not a boxing fan, else you should know that what we have today is a soft fisticuffs not the sweet science of boxing.
15rounds is now 12rounds so boxers not get injured, even the gloves size has changed, boxing was more fierced then than now.
Anybody can be a boxer now.
Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by tomju(m): 4:55pm On Dec 17, 2019
YorubaKing:

Really? Are you sure of that? Mushin or no Mushin... Yorubas are created superior! angry
Yes, just as Osinbajo is superior to Buhari yet you are calling for his head. mstweeew
Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by Legendguru: 4:55pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ih
Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by Deejaygold(m): 4:56pm On Dec 17, 2019
dawnomike:
Ha! Stop dreaming bruh grin
Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by YorubaKing: 5:28pm On Dec 17, 2019
tomju:

Yes, just as Osinbajo is superior to Buhari yet you are calling for his head. mstweeew

Na Thunder go fire you, I swear. Shey cuz you don dey Europe, pesin no go breathe again.

Again, make Thunder fire you ASAP! angry

Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by pyro62(m): 6:22pm On Dec 17, 2019
dawnomike:

Lol. Who told you that was the fight that gave Bassey the title during his time?

But the opponent sha resemble weak man . grin

1 Like

Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by estybass(f): 10:42pm On Dec 17, 2019
YorubaKing:

Receive sense, iyeh. Even though 'ifiok ikeme owo'. Bassey is a SS( Akwa Ibom or Cross River).
Your last sentence shows you don't even know what to say.
Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by tomju(m): 11:06pm On Dec 17, 2019
YorubaKing:

Na Thunder go fire you, I swear. Shey cuz you don dey Europe, pesin no go breathe again.

Again, make Thunder fire you ASAP! angry

LOCAL CHAMPION
Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by YorubaKing: 11:21pm On Dec 17, 2019
tomju:

LOCAL CHAMPION

No be say you dey feed me... Thunder fire you! angry

Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by 9jaRealist: 11:52pm On Dec 17, 2019
Hogan Bassey was NOT a British-Nigerian...
And he was a Middleweight, not a Heavyweight.

>
Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by 9jaRealist: 11:54pm On Dec 17, 2019
AyakaDunukofia:
THIS IS THE FIRST NIGERIAN THAT WON A BELT IN THE HEAVYWEIGHT CATEGORY. PLEASE, WELCOME DICK TIGER, THE FORMER WBC LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION. HE HAILED FROM IMO STATE. ADJUDGED TO BE ONE OF THE GOAT. HE RULED THE RING FOR YEARS.

Dick "Tiger" Ihetu was a LIGHT-heavyweight champion, not a heavyweight champion...
>
Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by consciousman: 12:53am On Dec 18, 2019
Oji onu egbu oji.
dawnomike:
Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by tomju(m): 8:46am On Dec 18, 2019
YorubaKing:

No be say you dey feed me... Thunder fire you! angry

Ofcourse I can feed you for life. For once, you guessed right.
Re: Bassey /Joshua: The 1st And Current World Boxing Champions Both Nigerian-British by YorubaKing: 9:12am On Dec 18, 2019
tomju:

Ofcourse I can feed you for life. For once, you guessed right.

Na wah ooo.. All cuz you dey abroad. Oga gan oo. Too much arrogance for you angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help Me Understand Bet9ja Bonus / Serie A: Zlatan Ibrahimovic Sends Clear Message To Cristiano Ronaldo / Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.