Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,534 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden (22126 Views)

Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members / COVID-19: Pastor Adewale Giwa Begs Members Not To Pay Tithes, Offerings / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by FreeStuffsNG: 12:51am On Jul 30, 2023
Nigerians questioning the role of the church in society have been provided with wide-ranging answers by a new church, Givers Embassy Church, which will be opening its Lagos worship center at the NUT Pavilion, Alausa, Ikeja.

The General Overseer, Givers Embassy Church Dr Edward Olutoke has decided to change the narrative.

He has debunked the general belief that giving tithe or offering is an injunction that, if not observed, attracts God’s wrath.

For ages, Nigerians have been made to believe that the only way to gaining God’s trust, confidence and acceptance was through offerings and tithes.

Worshipers in Nigerian churches give freely while contributing to the growth and development of churches.

However, instead of taking care of the flock, church leaders live off the proceeds of the church that come in form of tithes, levies, sowing of seeds, harvest bazaars and other schemes that tend to demand and extract so much from their congregations.

At Givers Embassy Church, Dr Olutoke said “in our church, there is no giving of tithes or collection of offerings.

The church is out to fill the spiritual needs of members, offer help to them by empowering them and avoiding the general practice of Pastors taking away from their congregation to live in affluence while majority of their members wallow in poverty.

“At Givers Embassy, we believe in redefining the traditional concept of church, embracing a holistic approach that addresses the spiritual, emotional, and practical needs of our congregation.”

Speaking at a press conference at the Church’s Opebi, Lagos office, Dr Olutoke said, “Our vision is simple yet powerful: to be a beacon of light and hope in the lives of individuals and communities.

We strive to create an atmosphere where people can experience spiritual growth, find purpose, and unlock their full potential. Our ultimate goal is to make a positive impact on society by empowering individuals to live meaningful, fulfilled lives.”

To achieve its mission, the church has put in place an Employment Academy under what it calls “the poverty fighting squad’. The academy will identify unemployed but trainable congregants, engage them gainfully, train and support them financially to pursue their various callings. “The church will be paying them, while they go through the training,” Olutoke emphasised.

“The church’s distinctive approach to worship underscores the importance of giving back to society while relieving its members from the burden of compulsory tithes and offerings, just as he noted that the church stands on the divine tripod of three scriptures namely; Isaiah 43.21, Luke 4.18 and John 14.26.

Olutoke praised the works of early missionaries and their commitment to bettering the lives of the communities around them.

“When one looks back, one will discover that early missionaries built schools and hospitals which the poor masses had access to but unfortunately, today, schools and hospitals owned by different churches are out of the reach of their poor members whose offerings and tithes were used to establish these facilities.”

He concluded, “Today, you’ll see a lot of Pastors buying private jets with fleets of cars in their garages while their members wallow in poverty and this is what Givers Embassy is out to correct”,

Apart from the urge to stop the reckless and sometimes insensitive exhibition.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/07/givers-embassy-church-where-tithes-offerings-are-forbidden/#google_vignette

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by FreeStuffsNG: 12:51am On Jul 30, 2023
It looks like end time tins to me o. Smh

I agree that tithing is no longer a new testament command . I don't condemn it if you can observe ALL the conditions tied to tithing where it's is observed and for as long as it's not implied to mean the tithe is cash.

Giving, collection for the Saints, on the other hand can be cash and must never be by compulsion. Rght from the day of Pentecost when the first church gathered and started in Acts 2, it is on record that giving was part of the items of worship from the examples in the early church.

If you give sparingly, you reap sparingly and if you give abundantly, you reap abundantly for God loves a cheerful giver (2 Corinthians 9:6-7)

I understand their objective, I agree that it's an exercise that can help people a lot, turn people towards what they preach and this may be because they have a strong root in NGO works but the Church has a different calling and Giving is an item of worship. Every healthy church must observe it. The Church is the ground and pillar of truth (1 Timothy 3:15). Ire O! Olorun a ri ejo da. Check my signature for free stuffs!

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by TemplarLandry: 12:54am On Jul 30, 2023

The covenant blessings associated with tithing and seed sowing are also forbidden to come near them.

Wise Christians tithe and sow seeds.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by Odumegwu444: 1:01am On Jul 30, 2023
Religious cards

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by chatinent: 1:12am On Jul 30, 2023
Why are there too many churches in Nigeria?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by Samsunny99: 7:23am On Jul 30, 2023
While I was in Uyo Akwa Ibom State,I know of a church who don't receive tithe and offering or any thing concerning money from members,but instead the wealthy among them contribute money,go to market and purchase food item for the needy among them
This was how the early church operated

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by hopefulLandlord: 7:29am On Jul 30, 2023
Samsunny99:
While I was in Uyo Akwa Ibom State,I know of a church who don't receive tithe and offering or any thing concerning money from members,but instead the wealthy among them contribute money,go to market and purchase food item for the needy among them
This was how the early church operated
how will our daddy in the lords have private jets and exotic cars if they do like the early churches?

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by ANIMABIDR: 7:29am On Jul 30, 2023
TemplarLandry:

The covenant blessings associated with tithing and seed sowing are also forbidden to come near them.

I dedicate Animal talk by FELA nice jam

30 Likes

Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by crossfm: 8:57am On Jul 30, 2023
Hehehe.

After some weeks baba go change mouth,we know how it goes. grin

He will be like,I had an encounter with the ...

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by Xwizard: 8:58am On Jul 30, 2023
I can be. a member

1 Like

Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by Elvis2kay: 8:58am On Jul 30, 2023
sad
Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by Ladro: 8:58am On Jul 30, 2023

Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by Skillsnigeria: 8:58am On Jul 30, 2023
Noted
Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by Truefaith: 8:58am On Jul 30, 2023
Fgs
Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by taiwotimitt: 8:58am On Jul 30, 2023
Doctrine is sacrosanct

Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by nepapole(m): 8:58am On Jul 30, 2023
My new church

4 Likes

Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by Morbeta11(m): 8:59am On Jul 30, 2023
Initial format.......while bank acct of personal donation is not forbidden.

5 Likes

Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by ImoleNaija: 8:59am On Jul 30, 2023
Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by Blackestjunior(m): 8:59am On Jul 30, 2023
Christianity is too diverse abeg .ahn ah
Everybody with him own doctrine, which one are we to believe like dis
This 1 will say don't wear trousers another will say wear God looks at the heart

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by Administration1: 8:59am On Jul 30, 2023
Ndi Private Jets will soon come for him.

It's illogical to see a church which is regarded as a charity organization not rolling out all that have been contributed via tithes and offerings to her members during this period.

Instead it's to pride themselves of auditoriums and arenas. Read the book Towers of Babylon.

How can you spend millions and billions yearly to maintain private jets, monies that can be used to build skills acquisition centers for your poor members?

1 Like

Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by Pwettylinda(f): 9:00am On Jul 30, 2023
grin grin grin grin

Nigerian pastors can't live without tithes so I doubt this

Just dey play

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by bigdammyj: 9:00am On Jul 30, 2023
Reading...
Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by SpatialKing(m): 9:00am On Jul 30, 2023
Okay,
Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by Workch: 9:00am On Jul 30, 2023
TemplarLandry:

what covenant?
Tithing is fraud, it's not suppose to be paid to a non-levite. It should be eaten every year and given to widows, levite
, orphans and the homeless every 3 years.

Deuteronomy chapter 14 from 22 is clear on that. If you re not a levite, orphan or widow, you cannot take Toth "every three Years".

It's a masaic law and we cannot be loving by that law.

8 Likes

Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by ReacherSaidNoth: 9:00am On Jul 30, 2023
Morbeta11:
Initial format.......while bank acct of personal donation is not forbidden.
Of course, you don't expect the all powerful lord to finance his own work grin
Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by sageb: 9:00am On Jul 30, 2023
Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by LabourPartyNG: 9:01am On Jul 30, 2023
Okay
Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by GanagiBitrus: 9:02am On Jul 30, 2023
Giving should be encouraged, but All Giving must be done freely without any form of compulsion, neither through intimidation nor manipulation.

1 Like

Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by GreatMind6: 9:02am On Jul 30, 2023
Nice one
Re: Givers Embassy Church: Where Tithes, Offerings Are Forbidden by Truthday: 9:02am On Jul 30, 2023
Do not think that I have come to bring peace on the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword

But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

An Encounter With A Ghost. / The First Time He Took A Cigarette / Your Easter Message Provocative, CAN Demands Apology From FIRS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.