Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,395 members, 7,958,138 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:28 AM

Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" (4538 Views)

If Allah Is God, Why Does He Pray For Muhammad? Surah 33:43, 33:56, And 2:157? / Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" / Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 10, 2019
Answer: Speaking of Jesus' Second Coming, Matthew 24:36 (and Mark 13:32) tells us, “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”

When Jesus spoke these words to the disciples, even He had no knowledge of the date and time of His return. Although Jesus was fully God (John 1:1, 14), when He became a man, He voluntarily restricted the use of certain divine attributes (Philippians 2:6–8 ). He did not manifest them unless directed by the Father (John 4:34; 5:30; 6:38). He demonstrated His omniscience on several occasions (cf. John 2:25; 3:13), but He voluntarily restricted that omniscience to only those things God wanted Him to know during the days of His humanity (John 15:15). Such was the case regarding the knowledge of the date and time of His return. After He was resurrected, Jesus resumed His full divine knowledge (cf. Matthew 28:18; Acts 1:7).

Matthew 24:36 clearly states that the Father alone knows when Jesus' return will be. Verses such as John 5:30; 6:38; 8:28-29; 10:30; 12:49; 14:28, 31; and Matthew 26:39, 42 demonstrate Jesus' submission to the Father as well as their Oneness in the Godhead. Yes, they are both God. But some things Jesus had apparently chosen to "give up the rights" to be privy to during His earthly ministry (see Philippians 2:5-11). Jesus, now exalted in Heaven, surely knows all, including the timing of His Second Coming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by sonmvayina(m): 7:37pm On Dec 10, 2019
He will return soon... If you have not figured that it is to keep them in business, then you must be a test crash dummy..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by MuttleyLaff: 7:38pm On Dec 10, 2019
solite3:
Answer: Speaking of Jesus' Second Coming, Matthew 24:36 (and Mark 13:32) tells us, “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”

When Jesus spoke these words to the disciples, even He had no knowledge of the date and time of His return. Although Jesus was fully God (John 1:1, 14), when He became a man, He voluntarily restricted the use of certain divine attributes (Philippians 2:6–8 ). He did not manifest them unless directed by the Father (John 4:34; 5:30; 6:38). He demonstrated His omniscience on several occasions (cf. John 2:25; 3:13), but He voluntarily restricted that omniscience to only those things God wanted Him to know during the days of His humanity (John 15:15). Such was the case regarding the knowledge of the date and time of His return. After He was resurrected, Jesus resumed His full divine knowledge (cf. Matthew 28:18; Acts 1:7).

Matthew 24:36 clearly states that the Father alone knows when Jesus' return will be. Verses such as John 5:30; 6:38; 8:28-29; 10:30; 12:49; 14:28, 31; and Matthew 26:39, 42 demonstrate Jesus' submission to the Father as well as their Oneness in the Godhead. Yes, they are both God. But some things Jesus had apparently chosen to "give up the rights" to be privy to during His earthly ministry (see Philippians 2:5-11). Jesus, now exalted in Heaven, surely knows all, including the timing of His Second Coming.
Furthermore to your given answer is that everybody has a role in a team, one be the Father, one be the Son, and another be a catalyst/creative force and so therefore, Jesus you find, simply was role playing.

Jesus at that moment of speaking about the time of His Second Coming was perfectly playing the role of the Son who does not fully know everything in the mind of a Father, the Son who does not know when the Father will decide when next is the time for Him to come back to earth again. Indeed only the Father knows, only the Father has a say in the matter, no one one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Such knowledge is indeterminate, it is in the realm of the Father only to know. The Son is keeping in His lane and isn't overstepping jurisdictional boundaries. Recall that, Jesus Christ, always says, He takes His lead from the Father. It is what He sees the Father do and/or say He does. Jesus respects the Father so much so that He is saying, I am not, before the Father does, going to say something and/or anything on day or hour of my Second Coming. No one knows about that day or hour, not until when the Father says. It is not within the rights of the Son to reveal this information before the Father gets to do and/or does..

1 Like

Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Janosky: 7:39pm On Dec 10, 2019
solite3:

.Solite3>" He demonstrated His omniscience on several occasions (cf. John 2:25; 3:13), but He voluntarily restricted that omniscience to only those things God wanted Him to know during the days of His humanity (John 15:15). Such was the case regarding the knowledge of the date and time of His return."

(John 15:15)>I have called you friends, because I have MADE KNOWN TO YOU EVERYTHING I HAVE HEARD FROM MY FATHER "

John15:15, > in heaven, your deity (Jesus) doesn't know ,He has ZERO knowledge of the date and time of His return"
Jesus says Solite3 is LYING.

Solite3> After He was resurrected, Jesus resumed His full divine knowledge (cf. Matthew 28:18; Acts 1:7)."
*Acts1:1-7
Jesus Taken Up Into Heaven
1 In my former book, Theophilus, I wrote
about all that Jesus began to do and to
teach 2 until the day he was taken up to
heaven, after giving instructions through the
Holy Spirit to the apostles he had chosen. 3
After his suffering, he presented himself to
them and gave many convincing proofs that
he was alive. He appeared to them over a
period of forty days and spoke about the
kingdom of God. 4 On one occasion, while
he was eating with them, he gave them this
command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but
wait for the gift my Father promised, which
you have heard me speak about. 5 For John
baptized with [ a ] water, but in a few days
you will be baptized with [ b ] the Holy Spirit.”
6 Then they gathered around him and asked
him, “Lord, are you at this time going to
restore the kingdom to Israel?”
7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know
the times or dates the Father has set by his
own authority."

Acts1:7,
After his resurrection your deity says he has ZERO knowledge of the date and time of His return"
Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by MuttleyLaff: 7:47pm On Dec 10, 2019
Janosky:
Solite3>" He demonstrated His omniscience on several occasions (cf. John 2:25; 3:13), but He voluntarily restricted that omniscience to only those things God wanted Him to know during the days of His humanity (John 15:15). Such was the case regarding the knowledge of the date and time of His return."

(John 15:15)>
I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you

1 In my former book, Theophilus, I wrote about all that Jesus began to do and to teach
2 until the day he was taken up to heaven, after giving instructions through the Holy Spirit to the apostles he had chosen.
3 After his suffering, he presented himself to them and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God.
4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about.
5 For John baptized with [ a ] water, but in a few days you will be baptized with [ b ] the Holy Spirit.”
6 Then they gathered around him and asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”
7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.
One word: role-playing. Just as I've said in my comment above
Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Janosky: 8:10pm On Dec 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
One word: role-playing. Just as I've said in my comment above

Your deity doesn't know .
(Acts1: 7) He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority." (. compare Matt24:36).

Role-playing for which drama?

1 Like

Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by MuttleyLaff: 8:23pm On Dec 10, 2019
Janosky:
Your deity doesn't know
"Thomas responded to Jesus, "My Lord and my God!""
- John 20:28

"Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that His hour was come that He should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end."
- John 13:1

"27Clearly, God has put everything under Christ's authority. When God says that everything has been put under Christ's authority, this clearly excludes God, since God has put everything under Christ's authority.
28But when God puts everything under Christ's authority, the Son will put himself under God's authority, since God had put everything under the Son's authority. Then God will be in control of everything.
"
- 1 Corinthians 15:27-28

For saying "your deity doesn't know" wrap your head around John 20:28, John 13:1 and 1 Corinthians 15:27-28, lol.

If Jesus could tell His mother His "hour has not yet come .... If same Jesus knew about His hour was come that He should depart out of this world unto the Father, you really He doesnt know know, hmm Janosky. lol, smh? Read on the below following on how and why the Son will put Himself under God's authority

Janosky:
(Acts1: 7) He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority." (. compare Matt24:36
Indeed only the Father knows, only the Father has a say in the matter, no one one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Such knowledge is indeterminate, it is in the realm of the Father only to know.

The Son is keeping in His lane and isn't overstepping jurisdictional boundaries. Recall that, Jesus Christ, always says, He takes His lead from the Father. It is what He sees the Father do and/or say He does. Jesus respects the Father so much so that He is saying, I am not, before the Father does, going to say something and/or anything on day or hour of my Second Coming.

No one knows about that day or hour, not until when the Father says. It is not within the rights of the Son to reveal this information, especially not before the Father, who in the first place, is who sent Jesus to earth, gets the opportunity, Himself, to reveal the info, lol.

Janosky:
Role-playing for which drama?
Everybody has a role in a team they play. In this team it is not the right of Jesus to play revealing the time and hour of His Second Coming, that's a role for someone else to perform and so be it, lol. Nothing drama or dramatic in that

2 Likes

Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Nobody: 6:02am On Dec 11, 2019
sonmvayina:
He will return soon... If you have not figured that it is to keep them in business, then you must be a test crash dummy..
not only to keep them in business but there are certain things that are for the father only to decide and reveal.
Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Nobody: 6:05am On Dec 11, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Furthermore to your given answer is that everybody has a role in a team, one be the Father, one be the Son, and another be a catalyst/creative force and so therefore, Jesus you find, simply was role playing.

Jesus at that moment of speaking about the time of His Second Coming was perfectly playing the role of the Son who does not fully know everything in the mind of a Father, the Son who does not know when the Father will decide when next is the time for Him to come back to earth again. Indeed only the Father knows, only the Father has a say in the matter, no one one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Such knowledge is indeterminate, it is in the realm of the Father only to know. The Son is keeping in His lane and isn't overstepping jurisdictional boundaries. Recall that, Jesus Christ, always says, He takes His lead from the Father. It is what He sees the Father do and/or say He does. Jesus respects the Father so much so that He is saying, I am not, before the Father does, going to say something and/or anything on day or hour of my Second Coming. No one knows about that day or hour, not until when the Father says. It is not within the rights of the Son to reveal this information before the Father gets to do and/or does..
spot on! There are things kept only for the knowledge of the father. It shows that there are distinct roles within the trinity.
Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Nobody: 6:16am On Dec 11, 2019
Janosky:

.Solite3>" He demonstrated His omniscience on several occasions (cf. John 2:25; 3:13), but He voluntarily restricted that omniscience to only those things God wanted Him to know during the days of His humanity (John 15:15). Such was the case regarding the knowledge of the date and time of His return."

(John 15:15)>I have called you friends, because I have MADE KNOWN TO YOU EVERYTHING I HAVE HEARD FROM MY FATHER "

John15:15, > in heaven, your deity (Jesus) doesn't know ,He has ZERO knowledge of the date and time of His return"
In John 15vv15 Jesus was not in heaven and besides even after Jesus resurrection the father still remained the head of Christ. Why are you angry that Jesus is God?

Solite3> After He was resurrected, Jesus resumed His full divine knowledge (cf. Matthew 28:18; Acts 1:7)."
1 In my former book, Theophilus, I wrote
about all that Jesus began to do and to
teach 2 until the day he was taken up to
heaven, after giving instructions through the
Holy Spirit to the apostles he had chosen. 3
After his suffering, he presented himself to
them and gave many convincing proofs that
he was alive. He appeared to them over a
period of forty days and spoke about the
kingdom of God. 4 On one occasion, while
he was eating with them, he gave them this
command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but
wait for the gift my Father promised, which
you have heard me speak about. 5 For John
baptized with [ a ] water, but in a few days
you will be baptized with [ b ] the Holy Spirit.”
6 Then they gathered around him and asked
him, “Lord, are you at this time going to
restore the kingdom to Israel?”
7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know
the times or dates the Father has set by his
own authority."

[b[Acts1:7,
After his resurrection your deity says he has ZERO knowledge of the date and time of His return" [/b]
before you accuse someone of lying ensure you know what he is saying. Are you here to learn or to throw tantrums
@bolded he didnt say he does not know the time of his coming but that It is not for his disciples to know the time.
Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Dtruthspeaker: 6:45am On Dec 11, 2019
Why are you people like this, did Christ not clearly and openly say that he is not God?

2 Likes

Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by MuttleyLaff: 8:29am On Dec 11, 2019
Dtruthspeaker:
Why are you people like this, did Christ not clearly and openly say that he is not God?
I very much will be interested to see, read and know when Christ clearly and openly did say that he is not God.

Please speak the truth, provide proof beyond reasonable doubt, leaving no room for confusion or doubt and supporting with chapters and verses proving where or when Jesus, admitted to not being God
Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by sonmvayina(m): 11:43am On Dec 11, 2019
solite3:
not only to keep them in business but there are certain things that are for the father only to decide and reveal.

He only reveals them to his prophet... Amos3 :7,..god does not have a son.. He is not a man or human being.. Only a man's sperm can impregnate a woman.. It is God's laws, he cannot go against his laws..
Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by paxonel(m): 12:01pm On Dec 11, 2019
solite3:
whenever someone dies that is the return of Christ at his last moment or last day, that means his trumpet has sounded.

It is appointed ones for men to die, after that judgement.

Asking why did Jesus not know when he will return is like asking why did Jesus not know when someone will die.

People die everyday. That means Jesus return everyday to judge the dead.

People's death(Jesus coming) are never predetermined infact he is not interested to know the time of his coming, it happens by chance and Jesus isn't God to predetermine, he gives everyone equal play ground, equal chance to face karma
Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Dtruthspeaker: 6:05pm On Dec 11, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
I very much will be interested to see, read and know when Christ clearly and openly did say that he is not God.

Please speak the truth, provide proof beyond reasonable doubt, leaving no room for confusion or doubt and supporting with chapters and verses proving where or when Jesus, admitted to not being God

Wow! proof beyond reasonable doubt? Not only that, you are still demanding for further proof beyond all doubt and confusion? With proof of admission of fact using bible chapters and verses?

You shall be a very wicked judge oh! Thanks be God that you are not a Judge oh! Ah!

So I will prove what I can humanly prove and it shall not be by the unreasonable standard of proof you demanded.

No be me talk am (hearsay evidence) na bible talk am. So here's your direct evidence of a person that can no longer be called as a witness.

Mathew 8:20 (Son of man), Mathew 10:32/33, Mathew 11: 25, 26, 27. Mathew 16:27. Mathew 19:17. John 3:16,17, John 5:19-23, 25-30. 36 mostly specifically verse 37 and 38. Continued in verse 43 and 45.

Let me fly to Revelations 4:21: Rev 5:1-13 Note He who sat on the throne is different from He who opened the book.

Now old Testament Malachi 3:1 and Malachi 4:5,6.

If these express and implied declarations are not sufficient for you, then you are on your own.

3 Likes

Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by nlPoster: 6:22pm On Dec 11, 2019
Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Janosky: 8:01pm On Dec 11, 2019
solite3:

*1)
In John 15vv15 Jesus was not in heaven and besides even after Jesus resurrection the father still remained the head of Christ. Why are you angry that Jesus is God?

(**2)
before you accuse someone of lying ensure you know what he is saying. Are you here to learn or to throw tantrums
@bolded he didnt say he does not know the time of his coming but that It is not for his disciples to know the time.
***** 1)
1Cor 11:3
But I want you to understand that the head
of every man is Christ, and the head of the
woman is man, and the head of Christ is
God.

1 Corinthians 3:23
and you belong to Christ, and Christ belongs
to God.

*##**
Solite3 LISTEN CAREFULLY:
( Jesus Christ) your "God" is INFERIOR to Yahweh his God &Father ,his Head in heaven. Rev 3:12.
Solite3's "God" wey get him God & Head in heaven..., is Jesus the Almighty God?

(**2)

Acts1: 7) He said to them: “It is not
for you to know the times or dates the
Father has set by his own authority." (.
compare Matt24:36).

1 Corinthians 15:27,28
For he hath put all things under his feet. But
when he saith, all things are put under him,
it is manifest that he is excepted, which did
put all things under him…"

Yahweh the Father of Jesus still retains his authority over Jesus Christ. Yahweh is the Head & Father of Jesus in heaven.
Only the Father Yahweh knows... Matt24:36.
Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 11, 2019
Dtruthspeaker:

Wow! proof beyond reasonable doubt? Not only that, you are still demanding for further proof beyond all doubt and confusion? With proof of admission of fact using bible chapters and verses?
You shall be a very wicked judge oh! Thanks be God that you are not a Judge oh! Ah!
So I will prove what I can humanly prove and it shall not be by the unreasonable standard of proof you demanded.
No be me talk am (hearsay evidence) na bible talk am. So here's your direct evidence of a person that can no longer be called as a witness.
Mathew 8:20 (Son of man), Mathew 10:32/33, Mathew 11: 25, 26, 27. Mathew 16:27. Mathew 19:17. John 3:16,17, John 5:19-23, 25-30. 36 mostly specifically verse 37 and 38. Continued in verse 43 and 45.
Let me fly to Revelations 4:21: Rev 5:1-13 Note He who sat on the throne is different from He who opened the book.
Now old Testament Malachi 3:1 and Malachi 4:5,6.

If these express and implied declarations are not sufficient for you, then you are on your own.

My friend please keep all those quotations in your pocket because John 1:1 said "in the beginning WAS the word, and the word WAS with God, and the word WAS God" KJV

There is no dispute joh, Jesus is God period!

Will you give me a hi~five? grin

1 Like

Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2019
Janosky:

***** 1)
1Cor 11:3
But I want you to understand that the head
of every man is Christ, and the head of the
woman is man, and the head of Christ is
God.

1 Corinthians 3:23
and you belong to Christ, and Christ belongs
to God.

*##**
Solite3 LISTEN CAREFULLY:
( Jesus Christ) your "God" is INFERIOR to Yahweh his God &Father ,his Head in heaven. Rev 3:12.
Solite3's "God" wey get him God & Head in heaven..., is Jesus the Almighty God?
does it also mean that the woman is inferior to the man?
Yes Jesus is Almighty God.

(**2)

Acts1: 7) He said to them: “It is not
for you to know the times or dates the
Father has set by his own authority." (.
compare Matt24:36).

1 Corinthians 15:27,28
For he hath put all things under his feet. But
when he saith, all things are put under him,
it is manifest that he is excepted, which did
put all things under him…"

Yahweh the Father of Jesus still retains his authority over Jesus Christ. Yahweh is the Head & Father of Jesus in heaven.
Only the Father Yahweh knows... Matt24:36.
yes you got problem with that?
Buhari is the political head of all Nigerians does that mean buhari is a higher human being than you?
You have a boss you work under why do you still submit to your boss if both of you are humans equally.
The father being the head of Christ is a role it does not translate to the father being a higher God than Jesus.
Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Janosky: 9:27pm On Dec 11, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"Thomas responded to Jesus, "My Lord and my God!""
- John 20:28

"Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that His hour was come that He should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end."
- John 13:1

"27Clearly, God has put everything under Christ's authority. When God says that everything has been put under Christ's authority, this clearly excludes God, since God has put everything under Christ's authority.
28But when God puts everything under Christ's authority, the Son will put himself under God's authority, since God had put everything under the Son's authority. Then God will be in control of everything.
"
- 1 Corinthians 15:27-28

For saying "your deity doesn't know" wrap your head around John 20:28, John 13:1 and 1 Corinthians 15:27-28, lol.

If Jesus could tell His mother His "hour has not yet come .... If same Jesus knew about His hour was come that He should depart out of this world unto the Father, you really He doesnt know know, hmm Janosky. lol, smh? Read on the below following on how and why the Son will put Himself under God's authority

Indeed only the Father knows, only the Father has a say in the matter, no one one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Such knowledge is indeterminate, it is in the realm of the Father only to know.

The Son is keeping in His lane and isn't overstepping jurisdictional boundaries. Recall that, Jesus Christ, always says, He takes His lead from the Father. It is what He sees the Father do and/or say He does. Jesus respects the Father so much so that He is saying, I am not, before the Father does, going to say something and/or anything on day or hour of my Second Coming.

No one knows about that day or hour, not until when the Father says. It is not within the rights of the Son to reveal this information, especially not before the Father, who in the first place, is who sent Jesus to earth, gets the opportunity, Himself, to reveal the info, lol.

Everybody has a role in a team they play. In this team it is not the right of Jesus to play revealing the time and hour of His Second Coming, that's a role for someone else to perform and so be it, lol. Nothing drama or dramatic in that

***##
MuttleyLaff> "Indeed only the Father knows, only the Father has a say in the matter, no one one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Such knowledge is indeterminate, it is in the realm of the Father only to know."

John 20:17
"," Jesus said, "for I have
not yet ascended to the Father. But go and
tell My brothers, 'I am ascending to My
Father and your Father, to My God and your
God.'"
Ephesians 1:17
" And asking that the God of our Lord Jesus
Christ, the glorious Father, may give you a
spirit of wisdom and revelation in your
knowledge of Him."

* Matt24:36, Your "God" says only his God & Father knows the hour or day of His Son's coming.

****#
MuttleyLaff> "It is not within the rights of the Son to reveal this information,"
How can your "God" "reveal this information" he knows NOTHING about?
Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Dtruthspeaker: 10:59pm On Dec 11, 2019
Maximus69:

My friend please keep all those quotations in your pocket because John 1:1 said "in the beginning WAS the word, and the word WAS with God, and the word WAS God" KJV

There is no dispute joh, Jesus is God period!

Will you give me a hi~five? grin

Funny guy! I know it is this verse that makes you all say this in error but would you all not stop and ponder how this is the only verse where it was so stated compared to the many other verses which also state that Christ is the Son of God?

Shall you not ponder what the bible is really saying there?

1 Like

Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Ken4Christ: 12:18am On Dec 12, 2019
The important thing to me here is that Jesus is coming back to take the faithful Saints home. So, you had better be ready so you will be found worthy to be taken home.
Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Janosky: 12:21am On Dec 12, 2019
solite3:
does it also mean that the woman is inferior to the man?
Yes Jesus is Almighty God.

yes you got problem with that?
Buhari is the political head of all Nigerians does that mean buhari is a higher human being than you?
You have a boss you work under why do you still submit to your boss if both of you are humans equally.
The father being the head of Christ is a role it does not translate to the father being a higher God than Jesus.

Your analogy gross and pointless.
Is buhari 3 persons?
Your almighty God is a servant of his God in heaven,your heart dey see am ?
Revelation 3:12 New International Version (NIV)
12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; ."
1 Cor 11:3 Almighty Yahweh is the head of Christ in heaven and earth , your heart dey see am ?

Power pass power, man pass man...
Almighty Yahweh surpass your triune deity... grin grin grin
Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 12, 2019
The modern day Jesus, was created by Nicholas Copernicus. Nothing is absolutely wrong in inventing Christianity as we know it today, it has become a Program for Love and evolution of Soul in the Universe, and Nicholas Copernicus WAS divinely inspired, so all Religions, though they are confusing have become very useful Savior Programs in the matrix. Nothing happens without Divine approval, and in this case, it is useful.

And as to a question about Jesus knowing his return? There is need to separate Yashua Ha Mashiach, from the European Iesus imposter that is now the object of world of the modern day Judeo-Christian Paradigm.

We all return when we choose to, or when we are reincarnated. So, Yes, we all come and go as we please. Spirit is eternal, the body is Avatar, and is recycled every other now and then.

Soul is a Spirit; Law of Conservation of Energy is clear about the imperishable nature of essence. Therefore, Jesus may have come and go many times, but we have failed to know his new form and archetype. Of what use is his return anyway. The world is advancing as it should.

1 Like

Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by MuttleyLaff: 5:55am On Dec 12, 2019
Janosky:
Is buhari 3 persons?
12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; ."
1 Cor 11:3 Almighty Yahweh is the head of Christ in heaven and earth , your heart dey see am ?

Buhari is one person, but Buhari power pass Buhari power, Buhari pass Buhari. Buhari as PMB power pass ordinary Buhari the husband of Aisha power. When soja put on uniform, hin power pass that of bloody civilian
Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 12, 2019
Ken4Christ:
The important thing to me here is that Jesus is coming back to take the faithful Saints home. So, you had better be ready so you will be found worthy to be taken home.

The bolded is WRONG Sir!

According to Jesus, he is going to prepare another place for his corulers {John 14:2-4} whose original home and sit of government has been profaned with the blood of God's servants and also the blood of God's only begotten son! Matthew 23:37-38

So the earth is man's permanent home Sir NOT heaven. Psalms 37:9-11,29, 115:16, Isaiah 65:21-23, Matthew 5:5,

That's why Jesus asked his faithful followers to continue praying for God's kingdom to come {Matthew 6:10} note that he didn't say ~

"our father who lives in heaven, may you name be held holy may we come to join you in heaven"

Rather Jesus' prayer is

"Our father who lives in heaven, may your name be held holy MAY YOUR KINGDOM (GOVERNMENT) COME, so that your will may take place on earth as it is happening in heaven" Matthew 6:9-10

Those going to heaven are born again Christians, they will no more live like humans but as spirit beings so they will not have wives and children like what all of you are dying to have now, the will become God's children like angels who are also spirit beings in God's form! Luke 20:36-38 compared to Genesis 6:1 and Job 1:6

But the rest of mankind (including Christians who are not part of the corulers of Christ) will continue to live according to God's original plan for man to marry,have children and subdue all other creatures here on earth! Genesis 1:26-28 Isaiah 65:21-25

So study your Bible diligently and stop following credulous misinformed churchgoers Sir! smiley

1 Like

Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 12, 2019
Dtruthspeaker:

Funny guy! I know it is this verse that makes you all say this in error but would you all not stop and ponder how this is the only verse where it was so stated compared to the many other verses which also state that Christ is the Son of God?

Shall you not ponder what the bible is really saying there?

You self no know when person wan draw your leg, you tink say i stupid like churchgoers wey no sabi where their nose dey?

My brother, before i begin comment for Nairaland i don read, study, meditate and pray wella wella over wetin i dey learn nah!

I no be like credulous churchgoers who just dey follow their leaders carry old tradition for head sey all good people go mek heaven. smiley
Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 12, 2019
Janosky:

Is buhari 3 persons?

my analogy is on point, although the man being the head of his wife means a man has superior authority but it does not mean he is a superior human to his wife.

What is wrong with God being subject to God? God is said to sware with himself since there is non greater than himself. So according to you God is less than himself for doing so?
God is the head of Christ just as man is the head of the woman, I will only take you serious if you say man is a superior human than his wife.
Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 12, 2019
solite3:
my analogy is on point, although the man being the head of his wife means a man has superior authority but it does not mean he is a superior human to his wife.

What is wrong with God being subject to God? God is said to sware with himself since there is non greater than himself. So according to you God is less than himself for doing so?
God is the head of Christ just as man is the head of the woman, I will only take you serious if you say man is a superior human than his wife.

@bolded is excellent comparison!

So God Almighty and Jesus are separate beings just as the man and his wife are separate entities! 1Corinthians 11:3

Case settled! smiley
Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 12, 2019
Maximus69:

@bolded is excellent comparison!

So God Almighty and Jesus are separate beings just as the man and his wife are separate entities! 1Corinthians 11:3

Case settled! smiley
Corinthian 11v3 is talking of headship not whether they are the same being or not.
If man is the head of the wife does that mean he is a superior human than the wife?
Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 12, 2019
solite3:
Corinthian 11v3 is talking of headship not whether they are the same being or not.
If man is the head of the wife does that mean he is a superior human than the wife?

God's word did not specifically say the man is superior human than the woman, but we can deduce some points from what happened in the beginning!

When God said let us make Man in our own image the creature made according to the scriptures was Male (Man) and it's evident that it was this Male human that God directly gave the order not to eat from the forbidden fruit.
It was later that God decided to create another creature to complement (complete) the existence of man. Genesis 2:18-25

From this analysis we can see the reason why Satan was able to deceive Eve since God did not directly gave the order to her, and the reason why angels prefer dealing with Man than woman! 1Corinthians 11:10

During the time God's word was penned down, the names of females were excluded except when a female does something worth documenting, when talking about Adam's, Abraham's, Jacob's children no female names were mentioned, even the names of Jesus' sisters were omitted. Yet God's word made us understand that Joseph and Mary had sons and daughters! Matthew 13:55-56

No wonder God never appointed a female to be either a Priest nor King over his own people, and women were not allowed to lead during sacred services in the first century Christians congregation! 1Corinthians 14:34-35 1Timothy 2:12,

So even though the scriptures never said the man is a superior human than the woman, it's evident that women should have DEEP RESPECT for men! Ephesians 5:33

Therefore if God and Jesus were likened to a man and his wife, it is evident that one existed before the other and one MUST be submissive to the will (decision) of the other. Luke 22:42

Because THEY ARE NOT EQUAL! John 14:28 undecided
Re: Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2019
Maximus69:

God's word did not specifically say the man is superior human than the woman, but we can deduce some points from what happened in the beginning!

When God said let us make Man in our own image the creature made according to the scriptures was Male (Man) and it's evident that it was this Male human that God directly gave the order not to eat from the forbidden fruit.
It was later that God decided to create another creature to complement (complete) the existence of man. Genesis 2:18-25

From this analysis we can see the reason why Satan was able to deceive Eve since God did not directly gave the order to her, and the reason why angels prefer dealing with Man than woman! 1Corinthians 11:10

During the time God's word was penned down, the names of females were excluded except when a female does something worth documenting, when talking about Adam's, Abraham's, Jacob's children no female names were mentioned, even the names of Jesus' sisters were omitted. Yet God's word made us understand that Joseph and Mary had sons and daughters! Matthew 13:55-56

No wonder God never appointed a female to be either a Priest nor King over his own people, and women were not allowed to lead during sacred services in the first century Christians congregation! 1Corinthians 14:34-35 1Timothy 2:12,

So even though the scriptures never said the man is a superior human than the woman, it's evident that women should have DEEP RESPECT for men! Ephesians 5:33

Therefore if God and Jesus were likened to a man and his wife, it is evident that one existed before the other and one MUST be submissive to the will (decision) of the other. Luke 22:42

Because THEY ARE NOT EQUAL! John 14:28 undecided
the bible did not say women should have DEEP RESPECT for men but rather women should SUBMIT TO THEIR Husbands .
Your conclusion is unwarranted and out of point.
My question is still pending
Is the Husband a more superior human than the wife?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Second Coming of Jesus: Fact or Fiction? / How To "Quote" Comments From One Thread To Another / The Story Of Jizz-us.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.