Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Mesut Ozil Reacts After A Ghanaian Club Renames After Him - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mesut Ozil Reacts After A Ghanaian Club Renames After Him (1254 Views)

Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele / Ozil Reacts To Criticisms Of Ronaldo: He Will Forever Be In His Own Category / Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mesut Ozil Reacts After A Ghanaian Club Renames After Him by odun360(m): 10:09pm On Dec 10, 2019
Arsenal and former Germany international Mesut Ozil has expressed his delight by the renaming of a Ghanaian youth club after him.

A post on social media shows a gathering of excited kids clad in Arsenal jerseys, all with the player's name written on their backs.

Also among the gathering is his agent Erkut Sogut.

"Abiriw Ozil Football Club. Nice to have a football club named after me in the Eastern Regional town of Abiriw in Ghana. Glad to see you all smiling in the @arsenal & #M1Ö shirts. #YaGunnersYa," Ozil tweeted on Tuesday.

The club then, in appreciation, renamed the outfit to Abiriw Ozil FC.

"I'm a deliverer of his message, I'm here for him [Ozil] because he can't be here so I'm a messenger for him. He gave me his word to do this with Daniel [Akowuah] together," Sogut said during the presentation, according to Ghana Guardian.

"So we are here to deliver his message, to share with the kids, the young ones, give them vision and dreams to follow them, work hard and hopefully achieve them."

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/12/mesut-ozil-reacts-after-ghanaian-club.html?m=1

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique

Re: Mesut Ozil Reacts After A Ghanaian Club Renames After Him by dawnomike(m): 10:18pm On Dec 10, 2019
That's nice...
Re: Mesut Ozil Reacts After A Ghanaian Club Renames After Him by wayne4loan: 2:41am On Dec 11, 2019
I dont trust dis gaynians, dem want to scam ozioma cheesy
Re: Mesut Ozil Reacts After A Ghanaian Club Renames After Him by saintvc(m): 3:56am On Dec 11, 2019
ozil and arsenal dissapoint at big occasion when they are needed. hope this club will not do same
Re: Mesut Ozil Reacts After A Ghanaian Club Renames After Him by Kwamecron(m): 8:14am On Dec 11, 2019
Why not named it my name?

(1) (Reply)

Pictures: Messi's Son Thiago Messi Blasts Chelsea. / Osimhen Ignored Demme And Zielienski Handshake / Super Eagles at the African Nations Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.