Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,828 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

At My Ropes End - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At My Ropes End (1083 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At My Ropes End by omega25red(m): 7:56pm On May 25, 2007
I am dating this omo yankee and she and i are fighting alot because of our cultural differences like for example she wants us to move in together before we get married etc i dont know what to do i really care about her but i am thinking i have come to the end of my ropes on this one and i am ready to look for someone who understands where i'm coming from when i say the reason for not agreeing to something is linked to the differences in our culture

What do you all think
Re: At My Ropes End by omoge(f): 8:13pm On May 25, 2007
stand firm and let your no be no. I have seen too much court TV, so talk to her about why you think it's not right for lovers or those planning to marry to live together. if she really wish for a long term, not living together before the marriage shouldn't be a problem. she may not understand your reason of saying no, tell her religion or your culture says no to such. it's you who need to explain things well. let her know you love her and that you care about her that's why you are also saying no.

if she is having apartment problem, see if you can do anything about it, like helping her look for a cheaper/affordable place. ask her if she is having apartment problem,

I wonder why a lady would want to live with someone she isn't married to.
Re: At My Ropes End by omega25red(m): 8:20pm On May 25, 2007
Thank you i appreciate your advice wink
Re: At My Ropes End by simplysmat(m): 10:13am On Mar 23, 2009
It's basically a culture issue. It's a normal thing in yankee for a couple to cohabitate before marriage and their explanation for that is that they need to get a feel of living together before things become more permanent.

I think its unnecessary because if its love, its love and whatever vices a person has within his home shouldn't be such a biggie and if a partner doesn't like the other's habits, he/she can help the partner change/adjust WHEN they get married and not a second before.

I THINK!

@ Poster

Be firm angry angry angrywith your woman but explain things clamly.

(1) (Reply)

What? / My Selfish Girlfriend! / Is It Wrng 4a Younger Sis Getting Married B4 Her Sis Older Dan Her With 14yrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.