Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina (41378 Views)

VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses / Fg’s Plan To Cut Salaries Scares NNPC, CBN, FIRS Workers / Suspend The Handover To Egbetokun New IG Orders Omohimi Edgal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by dederocs(m): 3:05pm On Dec 11, 2019
So this is what happens to all the remittance and taxes they want to kill us with
See how dem dey drag and play politics on public funds like it's their fathers money...mofos.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 11, 2019
Perkins2018:

I’m sure you are ibo. I can feel your hatred. Now tell who is the most senior director. You are free to consult google. Speaking of what you know nothing about because of hatred.
Shut up. I'm a Nigerian and I don't do tribalism. When I see things like nepotism, I condemn it. I stand for doing the right thing and not using sentiments. Nigeria will never move forward with this attitude.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 11, 2019
Perkins2018:

I’m sure you are ibo. I can feel your hatred. Now tell who is the most senior director. You are free to consult google. Speaking of what you know nothing about because of hatred.
Shut up. I'm a Nigerian and I don't do tribalism. When I see things like nepotism, I condemn it. I stand for doing the right thing and not using sentiments. Nigeria will never move forward with this attitude. Go to FIRS and ask for their nominal roll, you simp.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 11, 2019
seunmsg:

Do you even know the meaning of “temporary appointment” in civil service?

Where is the evidence that someone who until Monday was FIRS coordinating director of domestic taxes group is a temporary staff of the agency?
I thought I was talking with someone who knows what he is even talking about. You have zero understanding of how an organization works, especially a government organization. Go and learn from anyone who works in the civil service commission.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by seunmsg(m): 3:16pm On Dec 11, 2019
Gaggi:

I thought I was talking with someone who knows what he is even talking about. You have zero understanding of how an organization works, especially a government organization. Go and learn from anyone who works in the civil service commission.

Lol. Coming from someone who thinks a director in FIRS is a temporary staff, I will just pass.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by seunmsg(m): 3:19pm On Dec 11, 2019
Perkins2018:

The dude is really pained. Bigotry has eaten deeply into his brain. He’s also crassly ignorant of how government agencies operate.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Tecno66: 3:19pm On Dec 11, 2019
mrvitalis:
Fowler and tribalism
Hand over to the most senior director not to the most senior Yoruba director
He is copying his master, PMB.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Donaldoni: 3:23pm On Dec 11, 2019
GMbuharii:

Lolsssssss...it's easy to spot a known conHD grin

Baba statusquoAUNTY!!!!!

looks like the mods yaff kobokoed yu seriously lolsssssss

grin grin grin

And who's that @bolded
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 11, 2019
seunmsg:

Lol. Coming from someone who thinks a director in FIRS is a temporary staff, I will just pass.

Aina’s appointment they claim should “be open to all confirmed Directors of the Service and it shall be competitive based on experience, competence and seniority, as he was never a director in the Service rather a Senior Special Assistant to the erstwhile Chairman of FIRS.”

They also claimed that “his name is not on the seniority list of confirmed FIRS staff and FIRS directors on the staff nominal roll rather on the list of Contract Staff of FIRS.
https://thenationonlineng.net/trouble-brews-in-firs-as-workers-demand-handover-to-senior-director/

On an anonymous forum, you never know whom you are talking with, it might just be the booted out Fowler... grin.
Don't argue too much just because you want to sound intelligent or be sentimental. Learn and move on. We know the politics going on and we speak with authority. Actually, Fowler is just a sacrificial lamb -but that is not the issue. The issue is we should always do the right thing, it pays.
PS: Come back here in a few weeks when Aina too is booted out.

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by CharlotteFlair: 3:27pm On Dec 11, 2019
fairfora:
show us proofs
Fowler is destroying it as we speak

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by AreaFada2: 3:28pm On Dec 11, 2019
Femeto:
This is Nigeria. How many years did Fowler spend in Firs before he became chairman. Zero. He was in LIRS.
I guess you simply refuse to understand.

The president can appoint any qualified person as head. of MDAs. But when leaving. they are specifically asked to handover to the most senior civil servant who might be the perm sec or most senior director. If you actually follow proper news you will have noticed it over the decades.

However quite often it may be Head of Federal Civil Service instructing them to do so or SFG acting on president's orders as the case may be.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by AreaFada2: 3:30pm On Dec 11, 2019
Femeto:
This is Nigeria. How many years did Fowler spend in Firs before he became chairman. Zero. He was in LIRS.
I guess you simply refuse to understand.

The president can appoint any qualified person as head of MDAs. But when leaving, they are specifically asked to handover to the most senior civil servant who might be the perm sec or most senior director. If you actually follow proper news you will have noticed it over the decades.

However quite often it may be Head of Federal Civil Service instructing them to do so or SFG acting on president's orders as the case may be. In the interim of course. Substantive appointments are political. Hopefully a qualified political appointee.

We know 9ja things are jaga jaga but the rules are clearly there to follow. It's impunity and refusal to obey simple rules that make it jaga jaga,

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by fergie001: 3:33pm On Dec 11, 2019
Something tells me, Aina will be told to go once Nami resumes.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Perkins2018: 3:36pm On Dec 11, 2019
Gaggi:

Shut up. I'm a Nigerian and I don't do tribalism. When I see things like nepotism, I condemn it. I stand for doing the right thing and not using sentiments. Nigeria will never move forward with this attitude. Go to FIRS and ask for their nominal roll, you simp.

Since you said he is not the most senior officer. Pray tell us who is or shut up your mouth. I’m sure you are ibo.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Perkins2018: 3:39pm On Dec 11, 2019
Gaggi:

https://thenationonlineng.net/trouble-brews-in-firs-as-workers-demand-handover-to-senior-director/

On an anonymous forum, you never know whom you are talking with, it might just be the booted out Fowler... grin.
Don't argue too much just because you want to sound intelligent or be sentimental. Learn and move on. We know the politics going on and we speak with authority. Actually, Fowler is just a sacrificial lamb -but that is not the issue. The issue is we should always do the right thing, it pays.
PS: Come back here in a few weeks when Aina too is booted out.

You keep running around like a headless pig. Who is the most senior director. Simple question. You shouldn’t be here if you don’t know this. It means you are ignorant of what you are arguing about.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Perkins2018: 3:40pm On Dec 11, 2019
fergie001:

I am only correcting him. It's also on Google.

https://www.firs.gov.ng/AboutUs/Management
this is from the link you posted.

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 11, 2019
Perkins2018:

Since you said he is not the most senior officer. Pray tell us who is or shut up your mouth. I’m sure you are ibo.
Shut your mouth and go to FIRS HQ to ask for the most senior. Even if I'm Ibo so what? Does that negate the fact that I am right? Useless simp.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Perkins2018: 3:42pm On Dec 11, 2019
thatigboman:
read again. They say the man was not even a director to start with, he was an SSA

He is not a director but he is a coordinating director. You igbos will always suspend your brain to do tribalism.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by fergie001: 3:42pm On Dec 11, 2019
Perkins2018:
this is from the link you posted.
Click Read More....

He was appointed the Special Advisor to the Executive Chairman, FIRS in August 2015. Along with his advisory role, he was appointed Coordinating Director of the Domestic Tax Group of the FIRS on 15th May, 2017.

He was never a Director (that was my correction to the person I quoted)

As for most senior Co-ord Director, he still isn't.
Mr. Peter Hena is, but out of the country for medical reasons.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 11, 2019
Perkins2018:

You keep running around like a headless pig. Who is the most senior director. Simple question. You shouldn’t be here if you don’t know this. It means you are ignorant of what you are arguing about.
Your father is the most senior.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 11, 2019
Perkins2018:

He is not a director but he is a coordinating director. You igbos will always suspend your brain to do tribalism.
You are obviously an illiterate, can't comprehend simple reasoning.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Perkins2018: 3:45pm On Dec 11, 2019
Gaggi:

Your father is the most senior.

Lol. I can feel your frustration. Ipob pig. What concerns you with Nigerian matter sef.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Perkins2018: 3:46pm On Dec 11, 2019
Gaggi:

You are obviously an illiterate, can't comprehend simple reasoning.

Can you even reason? Is it not cownu that does that for you? Wait let him tell you the next line of action.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by bakynes3: 3:58pm On Dec 11, 2019
fergie001:

Just to buttress your point....
Pro-Chancellors of Federal Higher Institutions are usually kings/traditional rulers who must not be from that geopolitical zone.
That's the rule.

Emir Sanusi is Pro-Chancellor of UNILAG
The Sultan is Pro-Chancellor of UI...etc.

The President appoints at will.
Thank you for this. Just needed to shame the guy.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Vintax(m): 4:01pm On Dec 11, 2019
The bible said:when the righteous is ruling people rejoice but when the wicked and evil is on the throne the people mourn.
#hate speech
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Subzero047: 4:02pm On Dec 11, 2019
itsme01:
cool

Mumu people, after Fowler did his magic as a US trained financial expert, and widen the tax bracket while delivering huge revenue which Nigeria had never experienced before.. this fools want to try their luck grin

Anyway na their turn so let them enjoy the 8 years Northern zoning, soon 2023 go reach

Wetin go happen?

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by fergie001: 4:10pm On Dec 11, 2019
bakynes3:

Thank you for this. Just needed to shame the guy.
Always welcome bro........we learn everyday, though...
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by esecoal(m): 4:14pm On Dec 11, 2019
so New born will pay taxes now or they want to start paying them alawee

TheTrueSeeker2:
FIRS is currently working on plans to make it mandatory for new born babies in Nigeria to obtain TAX Identification Number (TIN) beginning from 2nd January 2020

Modified

I'm currently attending a TAX summit in Abuja where that information was shared.

Every participant protested and a rep from FIRS was invited for clarification.

He still said same.

The rep of the National President of NLC and a Presidential candidate of one of the political party during the 2019 gen election took on the FIRS Rep over such policy.

FIRS said the policy was passed by the NASS and the Presidency. There's is just to collect and follow instruction.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 11, 2019
CharlotteFlair:
Fowler is destroying it as we speak
Obvioisly, no proofs, grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saraki's Son Didn't Spray Dollar Notes On Strippers: Media Group Dismisses Video / Updates On 2nd Niger Bridge As Obi Of Onitsha Visits (videos, Pics) / Buhari's Cambridge Result Mastersheet Printout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.