Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina (41381 Views)

VAT Row: FIRS Workers Fear Cut In Salaries, Bonuses / Fg’s Plan To Cut Salaries Scares NNPC, CBN, FIRS Workers / Suspend The Handover To Egbetokun New IG Orders Omohimi Edgal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Damod88: 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2019
Myhusband:

you see why these crooks shouldn't be pity? even Osibanjo packed all friends and relative to the sack aides and you ignorant want Yoruba that are hustling for their day living to be worry about them

none of Fowler and Osibanjo kids studied in Nigeria yet you want me that hustle and managed to graduate from a state university should be worried about their political predicament
?

some babies here need to have sense before 2020

Don't mind them. Most Nigerian youths are foolish. They refuse to worry about their wretched lives and continue to worry about who gets appointed as the tax boss. What is their problem with who gets appointed as the tax boss?The foolish Nigerian youths refuse to understand that Nigerian elites are the same irrespective of their religions and tribes. They are the bourgiosies who do not care about the poor. The elites only care about the money they are going to make and their families.Nigerian youths will continue to be poor because so many of them are foolish and without knowledge. Nairaland which is supposed to be a learned platform is just populated with fools and uneducated secondary school dropouts.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Myhusband(m): 4:38pm On Dec 11, 2019
Damod88:

Don't mind them. Most Nigerian youths are foolish. They refuse to worry about their wretched lives and continue to worry about who gets appointed as the tax boss. What is their problem with who gets appointed as the tax boss?The foolish Nigerian youths refuse to understand that Nigerian elites are the same irrespective of their religions and tribes. They are the bourgiosies who do not care about the poor. The elites only care about the money they are going to make and their families.Nigerian youths will continue to be poor because so many of them are foolish and without knowledge. Nairaland which is supposed to be a learned platform is just populated with fools and uneducated secondary school dropouts.

bro the thing tire me. come and see when Ike was investigated by FG his people started rumbling, the same people his beating Ike in abroad

some have been calling Uzor Kalu jailed as political hunting against Igbo when the abia the idiot governed is nothing to write about

the reason why I'm on Tinubu side wasn't because he's not a crook but I have benefitted academically from him and same as many youths and still benefitting from his stooge according to some dunce here. fashola and sanwaoolu are doing wonder on my area roads.

until we start to lined behind reasonable leaders it might to reach or even move close our dream country. Buhari is silently doing human and physical development to his people through the state of governments and other agencies in North that's why his people are supporting and queuing behind him but southerners that aren't getting anything from their own are here arguing like dummies
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by TheTrueSeeker2: 4:54pm On Dec 11, 2019
esecoal:
so New born will pay taxes now or they want to start paying them alawee

Have they finished paying grown up youths alawee?

New born kids having TIN is to pay TAX to gov not the other way round

So when you open bank account for your kids, gov will be dedučting Tax from them
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by TheTrueSeeker2: 4:57pm On Dec 11, 2019
Areaboy2:

I'm interested in this your summit. I have read the bill over and over and it specifically states and i quote:

Section 30. - Personal income Tax.
"(1) Every person engaged in banking shall require that a person intending to open a bank account for the purposes of its business operations must provide a tax identification number as a precondition for opening such bank account or continued operation of a bank account."

Can you please find out for me why FIRS is referring to this law as a support for their planned request, when it clearly only relates to business accounts?

My brother, that was the same bill or law they quoted here.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by freeze001(f): 5:10pm On Dec 11, 2019
seunmsg:

For folks like you, it has to be about tribe and nothing else. Purge yourself of bigotry and stop viewing every news through the tribal lens.

There is nothing in the entire report to suggest that the man in question is not the most senior director. I was even expecting the union to come up with the name of the most senior director and justify their claim with the date of appointment as a director but instead, they offered no explanation. Instead of arguing their case, they came up with an empty threat of not guaranteeing industrial harmony. Nonsense.

It read in part, “The attention of the Joint Union Council of FIRS has been drawn to the handover of the chairmanship of FIRS on acting capacity to Mr Abiodun Aina on Monday December 9 2019.

“This was a clear departure from the Presidential directive on the handover as he (Aina) is not the most senior director.

“Mr Abiodun Aina in the first instance does not have the basic qualifications to be employed into the Service. Secondly, his appointment to the position of Coordinating Director was against the provision of Section 2.19 of the FIRS Human Resource Policies and Processes.”

The section states that “Appointment to the post of the Coordinating Director shall be made by the board on the recommendations of the executive chairman. The appointment shall be open to all confirmed directors of the Service and it shall be competitive based on experience, competence and seniority.”

The union also stated that Aina was never a director in the Service, adding that he was a Senior Special Assistant to Fowler.

Did you read the bold parts? He is a mere senior special assistant and is not a substantive director; he doesn't even have the qualifications and did not go through a competitive process to become a Coordinating Director.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Arewaontop: 5:21pm On Dec 11, 2019
Na dem dem...He wants his broda to test.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by luvlyoracle(m): 5:24pm On Dec 11, 2019
Would be grateful if i could see somone to help me gain work experience on an oil firm or related field.....that would be my greatest xmas gift...

PS i studied Metallurgical and Material Engineering and currently awaiting NYSC.I am willing to relocate to part of the country.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Perkins2018: 5:27pm On Dec 11, 2019
fergie001:

Click Read More....

He was appointed the Special Advisor to the Executive Chairman, FIRS in August 2015. Along with his advisory role, he was appointed Coordinating Director of the Domestic Tax Group of the FIRS on 15th May, 2017.

He was never a Director (that was my correction to the person I quoted)

As for most senior Co-ord Director, he still isn't.
Mr. Peter Hena is, but out of the country for medical reasons.

The one the president just appointed was he working there before?

So since Hena is not around, who should he hand over to?
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Perkins2018: 5:29pm On Dec 11, 2019
freeze001:

It read in part, “The attention of the Joint Union Council of FIRS has been drawn to the handover of the chairmanship of FIRS on acting capacity to Mr Abiodun Aina on Monday December 9 2019.

“This was a clear departure from the Presidential directive on the handover as he (Aina) is not the most senior director.

“Mr Abiodun Aina in the first instance does not have the basic qualifications to be employed into the Service. Secondly, his appointment to the position of Coordinating Director was against the provision of Section 2.19 of the FIRS Human Resource Policies and Processes.”

The section states that “Appointment to the post of the Coordinating Director shall be made by the board on the recommendations of the executive chairman. The appointment shall be open to all confirmed directors of the Service and it shall be competitive based on experience, competence and seniority.”

The union also stated that Aina was never a director in the Service, adding that he was a Senior Special Assistant to Fowler.

Did you read the bold parts? He is a mere senior special assistant and is not a substantive director; he doesn't even have the qualifications and did not go through a competitive process to become a Coordinating Director.

Does this new man buhari appointed have the qualifications? He was brought in and he became a coordinating director. The same way Nima will be the head of the organization.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by fergie001: 5:30pm On Dec 11, 2019
Perkins2018:

The one the president just appointed was he working there before?

So since Hena is not around, who should he hand over to?
Executive Chairmanship is different from Director-ship. It's at the President's prerogative. He is not a regular civil servant but at the subservience of the President.

Like I said before, I am correcting the young man I quoted on the Director-ship tussle, you can go back to the initial quotes.

Thank You.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by IJEYdiamond(f): 5:57pm On Dec 11, 2019
magoo10:
General Buhari
He has destroyed everything including the future of the unborn.
We warned sycophants but they won't listen including you that is claiming grammar pro.

New born Tax ID No... hmmmm Please tell me something.

AND NEW BORNS in countries we know are entitled to social amenities free education, health to a certain age... even businesses are tax free for two years in some countries... cry and
Naija want to tax unborn abi new born... una no go kee person oooo.....
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by SirBunky85(m): 6:39pm On Dec 11, 2019
seunmsg:

For folks like you, it has to be about tribe and nothing else. Purge yourself of bigotry and stop viewing every news through the tribal lens.

There is nothing in the entire report to suggest that the man in question is not the most senior director. I was even expecting the union to come up with the name of the most senior director and justify their claim with the date of appointment as a director but instead, they offered no explanation. Instead of arguing their case, they came up with an empty threat of not guaranteeing industrial harmony. Nonsense.

pls stop quoting that vitalis of a guy,he's just an efulefu
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Legendguru: 7:21pm On Dec 11, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by bigpicture001: 8:38pm On Dec 11, 2019
bakynes3:

See this one. The Pro-Chancellor of FUNAAB a Federal Univeristy in Ogun state,South West,Nigeria as at 11 years ago when i graduated was the Asagba of Asaba(Chike Edozien) So its only normal its not tribalism.

Bro pro chancellors are usually from other distant tribe...thats very good by dox dt set up.naija structure.....

But did the igbo man force the vasity to employ a large amount of igbis as lecturers..?

You see..those positions are very elevated..but dey respect demselfs concerning the indept management of the skls....e.g..they can give someone employment in theur skls..nd they do.....and the VC's are usually happy to plz dem in dt regard...but even dou dey hv such powers, dey dont abuse it

Exactly the same template of the powers of queen of England nd the prime minuster if britain...everyone..know their boundary even if the literally say the queen owns england
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Oritsewhandey(m): 1:31am On Dec 12, 2019
TheTrueSeeker2:
FIRS is currently working on plans to make it mandatory for new born babies in Nigeria to obtain TAX Identification Number (TIN) beginning from 2nd January 2020

Modified

I'm currently attending a TAX summit in Abuja where that information was shared.

Every participant protested and a rep from FIRS was invited for clarification.

He still said same.

The rep of the National President of NLC and a Presidential candidate of one of the political party during the 2019 gen election took on the FIRS Rep over such policy.

FIRS said the policy was passed by the NASS and the Presidency. Their's is just to collect and follow instruction.
In social welfare inclined countries, it is allowed for babies to have Tax Identification Number (TIN)
US, calls it IRS. UK terms it as NHS.
Parents to babies pay 'child protection tax' till the child grows. The child picks the tax cycle upon 16yrs. Thats under a social welfare societies. Babies wont literally pay tax nor parents be taxed for baby deliveries.
Thank yöu.
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Oritsewhandey(m): 1:32am On Dec 12, 2019
TheTrueSeeker2:
FIRS is currently working on plans to make it mandatory for new born babies in Nigeria to obtain TAX Identification Number (TIN) beginning from 2nd January 2020

Modified

I'm currently attending a TAX summit in Abuja where that information was shared.

Every participant protested and a rep from FIRS was invited for clarification.

He still said same.

The rep of the National President of NLC and a Presidential candidate of one of the political party during the 2019 gen election took on the FIRS Rep over such policy.

FIRS said the policy was passed by the NASS and the Presidency. Their's is just to collect and follow instruction.
In social welfare inclined countries, it is allowed for babies to have Tax Identification Number (TIN)
US, calls it IRS. UK terms it as NHS.
Parents to babies pay 'child protection tax' till the child grows. The child picks the tax cycle upon 16yrs. Thats under a social welfare societies. Babies wont literally pay tax nor parents be taxed for baby deliveries.
Thank yöu!
Re: FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina by Kfed4ril(m): 3:53pm On Dec 12, 2019
seunmsg:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari's Cambridge Result Mastersheet Printout / Throw Back Picture: Fela On Pant With One Year Old Seun Kuti. / Peter Obi Pays Visit To The Olubadan Of Ibadan In Oyo State (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.