Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu (1397 Views)

Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is / Air Force Bombed 236 Persons In Borno Under Buhari, Northern Muslims Kept Quiet / Fact-Check: Was Nnamdi Kanu Taken Out Of Abuja By DSS To Avoid Court Appearance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by gidgiddy: 10:20am On Dec 11, 2019
They say injustice to one is injustice to all. Injustice in Nigeria has assumed ethnic colouration. Nnamdi Kanu and Omoyele Sowore are two men who are similar in terms of the injustice meted out to them, even though their agitations are very different. While Omoyele Sowore is seeking a united Nigeria anchored on equity, justice and good governance, Nnamdi Kanu believes that Nigeria is an irredeemable failure that will never work and wants his native Igbos, as well as some other minorities who comfortable with Igbos, to opt out of Nigeria via referendum. Self determination and freedom of protest are enshrined in international law.

Both men are radicals and idealists based abroad. When Kanu returned to Nigeria, he was arrested, detained for almost 2 years despite two court orders that he be released. He was subsequently granted bail only for the government to conduct an illegal military invasion of his house to get him.

Sowore returned to Nigeria, contested elections and lost, and decided to lead a mass-movement to protest for a better Nigeria. He was arrested, clamped in detention despite 2 court rulings that he be released. He was released only for the DSS to conduct an illegal invasion of the court room to get him

What is striking in the case of Sowore and Kanu is that many of those who are today angry at what happend to Sowore in court , kept quiet when the Nigerian Army invaded Kanu's home and opened fire on people, which is far worse. Is speaking against injustice, now based on if you like a persons face? Or based on the injustice its self?

How can one person see what the DSS did to Sowore in court as wrong, but turn around to see what the Army did to Kanu in his home as ok?

Injustice is injustice no matter who it happens to. Sowore and Kanu are classic cases of the hypocrisy of Nigerians who choose to react to injustice based on the personality and ethnicity of the person rather than the injustice its self.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:40am On Dec 11, 2019
gidgiddy:

They say injustice to one is injustice to all. Injustice in Nigeria has assumed ethnic colouration. Nnamdi Kanu and Omoyele Sowore are two men who are similar in terms of the injustice meted out to them, even though their agitations are very different. While Omoyele Sowore is seeking a united Nigeria anchored on equity, justice and good governance, Nnamdi Kanu believes that Nigeria is an irredeemable failure that will never work and wants his native Igbos, as well as some other minorities who comfortable with Igbos, to opt out of Nigeria via referendum. Self determination and freedom of protest are enshrined in international law.

Both men are radicals and idealists based abroad. When Kanu returned to Nigeria, he was arrested, detained for almost 2 years despite two court orders that he be released. He was subsequently granted bail only for the government to conduct an illegal military invasion of his house to get him.

Sowore returned to Nigeria, contested elections and lost, and decided to lead a mass-movement to protest for a better Nigeria. He was arrested, clamped in detention detention despite 2 court rulings that he be released. He was released only for the DSS to conduct an illegal invasion of the court room to get him

What is striking in the case of Sowore and Kanu is that many of those who are today angry at what happend to Sowore in court , kept quiet when the Nigerian Army invaded Kanu's home and opened fire on people, which is far worse. Is speaking against injustice, now based on if you like a persons face, or based on the injustice its self?

How can one person see what the DSS did to Sowore in court as wrong, but turn around to see what the Army did to Kanu in his home as ok?

Injustice is injustice no matter who it happens to. Sowore and Kanu are classic cases of the hypocrisy of Nigerians who choose to react to injustice based on the personality and ethnicity of the person rather than the injustice its self.

The difference between them is that Sowore is fighting on behalf of Nigerians while Nnamdi Kanu's agitation is tribal.

4 Likes

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by zibya: 10:42am On Dec 11, 2019
Kanu's ill thought out agitation will most certainly lead to war

1 Like

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by Abdul05: 10:43am On Dec 11, 2019
Sowore has no followers but sympathisers beyond the cell war unlike kanu who has followers if not careful ,can unleash a horrible political action which could exacerbate by religious and ethnic sentiments

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by coolitempa(f): 10:47am On Dec 11, 2019
Big difference, one was abusing every ethnic group and spreading hate, the other was nationalist and was against poor governance with the whole of Nigeria as his constituency.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by gidgiddy: 11:07am On Dec 11, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

The difference between them is that Sowore is fighting on behalf of Nigerians while Nnamdi Kanu's agitation is tribal.

Maybe, but that does not take away the fact that injustice to anyone must be condemned across board

2 Likes

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by gidgiddy: 11:11am On Dec 11, 2019
coolitempa:
Big difference, one was abusing every ethnic group and spreading hate, the other was nationalist and was against poor governance with the whole of Nigeria as his constituency.

When a video emerged some years back showing Nigerian Soldiers killing captured Boko Haram members, even the UN condemned that action despite the fact that Boko Haram is fighting Nigeria. They condemned it because it was wrong. They didnt attach sentiments to glaring injustice and extra-judicial murder

1 Like

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by Bringback9ja: 11:33am On Dec 11, 2019
@Op, they were fighting for different things.

Kanu decided to be the enemy of Nigeria and Nigerians outside his race.

Sowore was fighting for a better Nigeria. He was fighting against the misrule of Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd).

Stop being childish

2 Likes

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by aghogho62: 11:39am On Dec 11, 2019
The difference is clear, Sowore is fighting for entire Nigeria as a consistency while Manu is fighting a for a region

2 Likes

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by Jimi24: 11:39am On Dec 11, 2019
Nobody is crying for Sowore.
STOP LYING!
Wishful thinking is not truth. The FG will retry the guy and if guilty, he will go to jail. Nothing will happen.
There are NO demonstrations, no picketing, no boycotts on behalf of Sowore.

1 Like

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by omoharry(f): 11:52am On Dec 11, 2019
Nmadi Kanu is too crass and immature to even lead a peaceful revolution for the Igbo people..He has courage? yes, but to be a leader goes beyond that. He does not know how to talk, most of his speech are reckless and not tact at all.How can you expect to carry out a people revolution by spiting one group against another? I saw the way he allowed his followers to fall at his feet and kiss it in a form of worship and he was enjoying it like an emperor. He has not tested power yet but with the little exhibition I saw during his time in Nigeria was appalling and it shows he will be worse off than the very people he is accusing.
I was once sympathetic to his course while he was in prison but after all the show of power, arrogance and reckless speech against other tribe, I knew he wont go far. You guys should look for another person with Nmadi Kanus' courage that is matured, humble with wisdom to know when to be cold and hot in the course of your struggle. I support your struggle but your leader is wack.

5 Likes

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by izombie(m): 11:55am On Dec 11, 2019
Op you are right but as usual the afonjas will come here to still defend the army's action against kanu.
See, they are already defending it. Just look up at the posts above mine.

5 Likes

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by marvincriz(m): 12:07pm On Dec 11, 2019
This is to show how unrepentant some set of people are even when the truth is laid naked before them. You guys are really something and honestly I don't know why you all are doing this? Nnamdi Kanu is leading ethnic war? Naah you guys can't change at all

2 Likes

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by IGBOSON1: 12:09pm On Dec 11, 2019
coolitempa:

That's the difference between Mazi Kanu and i on the one hand, and you and your ilk on the other! No matter how much i feel you've abused me or my ethnicity, i would still demand your fundamental human rights are respected and the rule-of-law is followed to the letter when you are brought before the courts!

Is it any wonder Nigeria is the uncivilised shithole it is when it's populated with your vindictive ilk?

2 Likes

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by ludd2018: 12:17pm On Dec 11, 2019
Truth but Nigerians dont like to be told the truth .

Selective reactions to both men indicates that Nigeria is not one . It is good is happening to Sowore for Nigerians to learn it is good to condemn injustice irrespective of who is affected.

1 Like

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by ludd2018: 12:20pm On Dec 11, 2019
omoharry:
Nmadi Kanu is too crass and immature to even lead a peaceful revolution for the Igbo people..He has courage? yes, but to be a leader goes beyond that. He does not know how to talk, most of his speech are reckless and not tact at all.How can you expect to carry out a people revolution by spiting one group against another? I saw the way he allowed his followers to fall at his feet and kiss it in a form of worship and he was enjoying it like an emperor. He has not tested power yet but with the little exhibition I saw during his time in Nigeria was appalling and it shows he will be worse off than the very people he is accusing.
I was once sympathetic to his course while he was in prison but after all the show of power, arrogance and reckless speech against other tribe, I knew he wont go far. You guys should look for another person with Nmadi Kanus' courage that is matured, humble with wisdom to know when to be cold and hot in the course of your struggle. I support your struggle but your leader is wack.

liar

2 Likes

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by Xisnin(m): 12:20pm On Dec 11, 2019
IGBOSON1:

That's the difference between Mazi Kanu and i on the one hand, and you and your ilk on the other! No matter how much i feel you've abused me or my ethnicity, i would still demand your fundamental human rights are respected and the rule-of-law is followed to the letter when you are brought before the courts!

Is it any wonder Nigeria is the uncivilised shithole it is when it's populated with your vindictive ilk?
You are spewing trash and assume your audience is naive.
How many rallies have you held for Dasuki or Zakzaky?
Just because Ipob jumps on the bandwagon to gain media points using anti-Buhari elements
doesn't make them a civilized group.

These are the same people harrassing traders who open their shops.
They are even assaulting public figures abroad. I never knew civilized group
engage in jungle justice.

The truth is that ipob don't give a Bleep about law and order, human rights or anyone but themselves.
The only question they are interested in is "what do we gain from this?"

3 Likes

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by adekolaelect(m): 12:24pm On Dec 11, 2019
KANU and Sowore are not the same .KANU is a leader of Terrorist group pronounce while Sowore is Director of sahara reporter, An ex presidential aspirant under AA political party in Nigeria .Sowore is fighting for his political ambitions 70% and Nigerians 30% while KANU is fighting for his selfish ambition with his Ego of most "superior " 90% and Ethnic 10%.
Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by ludd2018: 12:24pm On Dec 11, 2019
izombie:
Op you are right but as usual the afonjas will come here to still defend the army's action against kanu.
See, they are already defending it. Just look up at the posts above mine.

They dont understand what the OP meant . injustice is injustice even if it is meted against criminal. The bottom line is whether the rule of law was followed . In both cases no whether kanu or Sowore

2 Likes

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by IGBOSON1: 12:29pm On Dec 11, 2019
marvincriz:
This is to show how unrepentant some set of people are even when the truth is laid naked before them. You guys are really something and honestly I don't know why you all are doing this? Nnamdi Kanu is leading ethnic war? Naah you guys can't change at all

Mazi Kanu stands for the truth! One may have scrupples with his manner of approach, that's ok, but when you peel away all the controversy surrounding his arguments and examine them strictly on their merit, it becomes clear that all he's asking for is the respect of basic human rights and freedoms!

I remember seeing a youtube clip of him speaking out against gov't injustice in London some years back. I also remember when he was going through his ordeal with Buharis' kangaroo courts....during a court appearance, just before he was whisked away by the DSS and in front of the TV cameras, he pulled a northern muslim that was being denied justice to stand next to him and he spoke on the guys behalf! This is the guy people want me to believe is 'full of hate for others'?

Do i think all that comes out of Mazi Kanus mouth is appropriate? Certainly not! But if Mazi Kanu comes across as being rude and abrasive.....it's no different to a situation in which a woman is in a loveless marriage, and the husband she says is abusing her refuses to cooperate in dissolving the marriage! At a point he will loose all respect in her eyes and she would become increasingly uncourteous in her dealings with him!

4 Likes

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by gidgiddy: 12:33pm On Dec 11, 2019
omoharry:

That's what I'm saying. Speaking out against injustice should not be based on who you like, it should about the injustice its self. I dont like Sowore, I think his Saharareporters was built on lies, half truths and falsehoods. But that does not mean that I wont condemn DSS actions against him such as detaining him when courts have released and invading a court room to get him.

If injustice is based on likeability, it becomes hypocritical

3 Likes

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by omoharry(f): 12:36pm On Dec 11, 2019
gidgiddy:

That's what I'm saying. Speaking out against injustice should not be based on who you like, it should about the injustice its self. I dont like Sowore, I think his Saharareporters was built on lies, half truths and falsehoods. But that does not mean that I wont condemn DSS actions against him such as detaining him when courts have released and invading a court room to get him.

If injustice is based on likeability, it becomes hypocritical
oK. I get you.

1 Like

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by BabaRamota1980: 12:44pm On Dec 11, 2019
Why dont you cry for Kanu, and let us cry for Sowore. Let North cry for Zakzaky.

But you creeps were crying for Zakzaky, so why cant you cry for Sowore?

2 Likes

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by Foxman19: 12:52pm On Dec 11, 2019
No freedom lovers will ever hate kanu. However the major reason that make average yoruba people to hate him was his disrespected against the yoruba.

1 Like

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by IGBOSON1: 12:52pm On Dec 11, 2019
Xisnin:

You are spewing trash and assume your audience is naive.
How many rallies have you held for Dasuki or Zakzaky?
Just because Ipob jumps on the bandwagon to gain media points using anti-Buhari elements
doesn't make them a civilized group.

These are the same people harrassing traders who open their shops.
They are even assaulting public figures abroad. I never knew civilized group
engage in jungle justice.

The truth is that ipob don't give a Bleep about law and order, human rights or anyone but themselves.
The only question they are interested in is "what do we gain from this?"

Oh Puleeeease....do yourself a favour and STFU!

We're talking of Mazi Kanu and Sowore here, not Dasuki and Zakzaky! You and your crazed ilk, have you gone out to hold rallies in support of Dasuki and Zakzaky as you want IPOB to do? If not, why do you expect IPOB to do it?

I'm almost certain that at some point Mazi Kanu would have castigated Buharis' intransigence regarding the continued incarceration of the two men in question! What have you said or done on the matter? Probably nothing b'cos you're a Buhari minion and core northern sunni-muslim bigot to boot!

IPOB doesn't need to jump on any bandwagon to paint Buhari black as he's doing a good job of it on his own and doesn't need any help!

Where is your proof that IPOB is harrassing traders? Any imaginary harrassment you want to pin on IPOB can never in a million years compare to the harrassment Igbos have gone through in 'one Nigeria' at the hands of hateful and bigoted schmucks like you and Buhari!

IPOB is a non-violent and peaceful organisation only interested in having their fundamental human rights and freedoms respected...nothing more! They're up against bloodthristy 'one Nigeria' hardliners like you and your god Buhari so you shouldn't expect them to come at you with outstretched arms asking for a big hug!

Moro/n!

3 Likes

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by coolitempa(f): 12:54pm On Dec 11, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Dumb response.....where have I called for his rights not to be respected And how am I vindictive Listen old man, it is only natural for people to gravitate towards those who show them love and not hate.... shocked
Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by dignity33: 1:00pm On Dec 11, 2019
Op you argument is straight you are not talking about the through cause of there struggle what you are talking about is Nigeria to stand against injustice no matter whose tribe the person may come from.

2 Likes

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by IGBOSON1: 1:04pm On Dec 11, 2019
coolitempa:

Dumb response.....where have I called for his rights not to be respected And how am I vindictive Listen old man, it is only natural for people to gravitate towards those who show them love and not hate.... shocked

Here's a quote for you old hag!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”Edmund Burke.

1 Like

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by IGBOSON1: 1:04pm On Dec 11, 2019
dignity33:
Op you argument is straight you are not talking about the through cause of there struggle what you are talking about is Nigeria to stand against injustice no matter whose tribe the person may come from.

Thank you! smiley

1 Like

Re: They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu by coolitempa(f): 1:08pm On Dec 11, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Here's a quote for you old hag!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”Edmund Burke.

Why don’t you deal with the questions old man....rather than letting your frustrations get the better of your alcohol infused senses... grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Attacked In Court; Reveals Face Of The APC Thug / Imam Of Peace Is A Fraud And Hailers Are Idiots / Senator Ifeanyi Ubah Massively Distributes Palliatives To Anambrarians (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.