Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,127 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is (2330 Views)

I’m Too Old To Keep Quiet, Ethnic Division Must End – Obasanjo / They Cried When It Was Sowore But Kept Quiet When It Was Nnamdi Kanu / Why Was Reno Omokri Quiet When Nnamdi Kanu Threatened To Kill Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by akingangan: 6:18pm On Feb 20
Things are cheapest in Nigeria compared to other countries

Food in Nigeria is 20 times cheaper than many other countries
Accommodation is 20 times cheaper compared to other countries

It's just the Salaries that should be increased
and Nigerians should work harder like other countries.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by SmartProf(m): 6:20pm On Feb 20
Since you have given yourself this consolation prize, you can now rest and be fulfilled in Nigeria. Those who seek global relevance will travel the world and conquer.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by LoveLeadsLand(m): 6:22pm On Feb 20
It's like Tinubu has increased your salary from 30k to 50k recently.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by akingangan: 6:28pm On Feb 20
Nigeria is incredibly cheap and unprofitable for multinationals.

Why should Coke sell for 200 Naira in Nigeria and the same Coke manufactured the same way sell for 2000 Naira equivalent in UK

If you are a company where would you invest your money UK or Nigeria

A plate of Jollof rice in UK from a typical Nigerian restaurant is 20000 Naira... and that is the very cheap one

6 Likes

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Macdeey: 6:30pm On Feb 20
akingangan:

Can someone tell this mugu to STF up ?

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by akingangan: 6:33pm On Feb 20
Macdeey:

Provide argument instead of blind lamentation.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Stephench: 6:34pm On Feb 20
akingangan:

In Europe, some or my friends that get paid 1000 to 2000 euros per month pay rent from the money - rent 3 bedroom with 3 people at 1k each to their rooms. Pay bills. Eat food - food is very cheap in Europe, pay transportation. Flex a little and still have some money to send back home.

How is Nigeria cheap if the monthly salary can not buy a bag of rice?

Some of my friends have bought cars from their month salary. Some buy the newest release of iPhones and Samsung . Even before the current inflation, Nigeria has been the most expensive country to live in

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by akingangan: 6:40pm On Feb 20
Stephench:

In Europe, some or my friends that get paid 1000 to 2000 euros per month pay rent from the money - rent 3 bedroom with 3 people at 1k each to their rooms. Pay bills. Eat food - food is very cheap in Europe, pay transportation. Flex a little and still have some money to send back home.

Some of my friends have bought cars from their month salary. Some buy the newest release of iPhones and Samsung . Even before the current inflation, Nigeria has been the most expensive country to live in

Earning 1000 in Europe a month is not enough to rent a room and pay the bills in most European cities.

It's like earning 100,000 in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by SyrusdeHansome(m): 6:43pm On Feb 20
Pple like u are only good at comparing Nigeria with other countries when ur party, tribesman or someone frm ur religion rules the country. A country that lacks basic amenities like electricity, quality healthcare facilities, good road network and quality education is what u`re comparing with working countries. Keep deceiving urself nd those gullible apc supporties.

4 Likes

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Oilwell(m): 6:43pm On Feb 20
Its either you are dull or you are a type of person that sees the truth and looks the other way( A hypocrite).

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Stephench: 6:58pm On Feb 20
akingangan:

Earning 1000 in Europe a month is not enough to rent a room and pay the bills in most European cities.

It's like earning 100,000 in Nigeria.
Did you read what I wrote. The only thing expensive in Europe is rent. If you have 1000 you can rent a 3 bedroom house. If you're 3, you pay less than 400. Bills are average of 100 - 200 if you rent such apartment. 100 or 200 is sufficient for feeding
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by akingangan: 7:00pm On Feb 20
Stephench:

Did you read what I wrote. The only thing expensive in Europe is rent. If you have 1000 you can rent a 3 bedroom house. If you're 3, you pay less than 400. Bills are average of 100 - 200 if you rent such apartment. 100 or 200 is sufficient for feeding

If you are earning 100 thousand in Nigeria you are better off than someone earing 1000 in Europe... Because you can rent a house, eat comfortably and transport comfortably especially outside of Lagos

5 Likes

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Validated: 7:08pm On Feb 20
Macdeey:

@akingagan: Hi mugu, pls stfu as directed.
Please, stop commenting on what is beyond your academic knowledge. This I why the likes of Tinubu and Buhari could deceive you guys, and you were shouting, "on your mandate".
You need to leave your village and travel out. Your points are rusty and incoherent.
In EU and America's people are paid hourly. Go and check minimum wages. Most countries you refer to, the minimum wage rate per hour is your Nigerian monthly wage. If you earn N100k a month in Nigeria, that is someone's hourly wage rate. So, the one earning N100k per hour can decide to spend N50k a day for food and he would not know that he spend money. So stop showcasing your ignorance.

8 Likes

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Rossikk(m): 7:09pm On Feb 20
Stephench:

All this with 1k or 2k Euros per month?

Your friends are into fraud, bro.

Don’t even bother arguing with me cos I know the deal in Europe.

5 Likes

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by DonEd(m): 7:10pm On Feb 20
akingangan:
Nigeria is incredibly cheap and unprofitable for multinationals.

Why should Coke sell for 200 Naira in Nigeria and the same Coke manufactured the same way sell for 2000 Naira equivalent in UK

If you are a company where would you invest your money UK or Nigeria

A plate of Jollof rice in UK from a typical Nigerian restaurant is 20000 Naira... and that is the very cheap one

If u had sense u would know the difference in exchange rate and currency value

4 Likes

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Isokiscool(m): 7:13pm On Feb 20
How much is minimum wage abroad?

4 Likes

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by DeOTR: 7:13pm On Feb 20
Stephench:

Even in Portugal with one of the lowest wages and cost of living in Europe, €2k is not enough to live large.

4 Likes

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Felabrity: 7:23pm On Feb 20
Momoo don go convert our currency

Person dey buy phone 500 dollars (500 worth of their currency)
You dey buy your own 2 million naira (2 million worth of your currency)

Which one high pass?

Ozuor

4 Likes

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by akingangan: 7:30pm On Feb 20
Validated:

@akingagan: Hi mugu, pls stfu as directed.
Please, stop commenting on what is beyond your academic knowledge. This I why the likes of Tinubu and Buhari could deceive you guys, and you were shouting, "on your mandate".
You need to leave your village and travel out. Your points are rusty and incoherent.
In EU and America's people are paid hourly. Go and check minimum wages. Most countries you refer to, the minimum wage rate per hour is your Nigerian monthly wage. If you earn N100k a month in Nigeria, that is someone's hourly wage rate. So, the one earning N100k per hour can decide to spend N50k a day for food and he would not know that he spend money. So stop showcasing your ignorance.

Perhaps you should check my previous post - Nigeria Should Introduce Per Hour Minimum Wage

https://www.nairaland.com/8005500/nigeria-should-introduce-per-hour
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by 89green: 7:37pm On Feb 20
grin continue consoling yourself
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by WakeUpNigerians: 7:37pm On Feb 20
akingangan:

Perhaps you should check my previous post - Nigeria Should Introduce Per Hour Minimum Wage

https://www.nairaland.com/8005500/nigeria-should-introduce-per-hour

Sense is far from you!

You must be an agbado youth!
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Stephench: 7:42pm On Feb 20
akingangan:

If you are earning 100 thousand in Nigeria you are better off than someone earing 1000 in Europe... Because you can rent a house, eat comfortably and transport comfortably especially outside of Lagos
It's a big lie. Feeding will eat it up. Foodstuff is basically the same range in Nigeria and abroad. Transportation is the same range. A lot of the basic and essential stuffs are the same range as Europe and Nigeria. I live in Europe though I don't earn that way as I'm a software engineer but I have people earning 1k to 2 from menial jobs and they rent 3 bedrooms together, transport to work with monthly bus card or use their scooters everyday and they still have 200-400 left every month.

1 Like

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Omoluabi16(m): 7:44pm On Feb 20
Comments like this are just made to irk us more.Very unfortunate that the revolution we truly need to reset this country will not happen. Is it not madness to even suggest this when there are a millions and 1 other metrics?

1 Like

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Stephench: 7:44pm On Feb 20
DeOTR:

Even in Portugal with one of the lowest wages and cost of living in Europe, €2k is not enough to live large.
Who's talking about living large? They live in houses that has things that only big men can afford in Nigeria and eat whatever they want and pay rent, pay bills and still have a few hundreds left each month. I live in Europe bro though I don't do menial jobs cos I'm a software engineer
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Stephench: 7:47pm On Feb 20
Rossikk:

All this with 1k or 2k Euros per month?

Your friends are into fraud, bro.

Don’t even bother arguing with me cos I know the deal in Europe.
I live in Europe. You don't tell me what I know. The only thing that runs into the hundred in Europe is rent. If 3 guys take 3 bedroom flat they'll cut down the rent and the houses are quite clean and each person to one room. This is what I've seen firsthand. They have enough for whatever they want and they're doing menial jobs. I'm not even talking about the skilled ones like us - the lowest of the work force from Nigeria are able to save working here in Europe - just have a job that's all.

5 Likes

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by ExudeLoveToAll: 9:04pm On Feb 20
akingangan:

You think a chicken republic security guard doesn't work as hard as a McDonald's security guard? Dey play

You compared everything and refuse to compare the purchasing power of the two different climes grin , you are very unserious.

Ask yourself the value of the minimum wage in the different countries you compared? In Nigeria minimum wage can not feed an average person for two weeks not to talk of utility bills, house rent , clothing and healthcare but in the environment you did comparison minimum wage can fetch you all the aforementioned. Which environment is then more expensive? The one where minimum wage can fetch you your basic needs of life or where the minimum wage can't even feed you for two weeks?

If you want to do comparison do it well grin

10 Likes

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by ExudeLoveToAll: 9:07pm On Feb 20
Stephench:

I live in Europe. You don't tell me what I know. The only thing that runs into the hundred in Europe is rent. If 3 guys take 3 bedroom flat they'll cut down the rent and the houses are quite clean and each person to one room. This is what I've seen firsthand. They have enough for whatever they want and they're doing menial jobs. I'm not even talking about the skilled ones like us - the lowest of the work force from Nigeria are able to save - just have a job that's all.

You are very wrong, the lowest of the work force don't save . Are you refferering to the minimum wage earners as those who can save from 30k monthly job? Do you even know where Nigeria is or you just manufactured this from thin air?

The lowest workers can't even feed with that salary for a month not to talk of other bills, you are very far from reality my friend. If you had talked about those earning 6figurrs in Nigerian currency I would have agreed with you but the minimum workers no.
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by Stephench: 9:12pm On Feb 20
ExudeLoveToAll:

You are very wrong, the lowest of the work force don't save . Are you refferering to the minimum wage earners as those who can save from 30k monthly job? Do you even know where Nigeria is or you just manufactured this from thin air?

The lowest workers can't even feed with that salary for a month not to talk of other bills, you are very far from reality my friend. If you had talked about those earning 6figurrs in Nigerian currency I would have agreed with you but the minimum workers no.

That was not so clear sorry about the way I phrased it. I mean Nigerians in Europe are able to save even with the lowest paying menial jobs

1 Like

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by ExudeLoveToAll: 9:53pm On Feb 20
Stephench:

That was not so clear sorry about the way I phrased it. I mean Nigerians in Europe are able to save even with the lowest paying menial jobs

Now you come, you are very correct.
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by mrvitalis(m): 9:55pm On Feb 20
akingangan:

Cheaper in what sense? The only thing that's constant is time

How many hours do you need to work on minimum wage to achieve this or buy this... That's how it's calculated
Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by NwaliE01: 10:58pm On Feb 20
Isokiscool:
How much is minimum wage abroad?

About N22,880 per hour. The OP is very foolish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spoilt Nigerians Keep Quiet When They Go Abroad And Realise How Cheap Nigeria Is by HellVictorinho6(m): 11:29pm On Feb 20
U deserve 2 die

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

North Can’t Survive Without Niger Delta Oil - Says Minister / Inec De-registers 7 Political Parties / Inter-regional Economic Disparities in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.