Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,897 members, 7,821,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

do good - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / do good (1867 Views)

Why Do Good Men Nd Women End With Bad Spouses Nd The Bad Ones With Good Spouses? / Why Do Good Girls Always Regret (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: do good by Richy4(m): 1:14pm On Dec 12, 2019
addictiv:
One thing I have noticed in families...
If you re richer than ur father... It's papa
If your father is richer or more influential than you... It's dad

For me it's always gonna be dad or daddy... Even when I become a senator...

unto 'Aje-butter' levels you mean.. When your dad owns a car those days, it's daddy.. when he uses legs, he's known as Papa.. though I'm glad kids these days don't know the difference unlike those days
Re: do good by Zanxx(f): 2:56pm On Dec 12, 2019
pek:
Reminds me of my sister's children. They all call her sister. That was what the little girl stating with her called her. Even in their early thirties, they still call her that. I have a friend that calls the mother mama Lagbaja and he is the Lagbaja.

Op, there is no difference. Call him what you have been calling him.

That's all, so long as it's not disrespectful.
Re: do good by addictiv(m): 3:16pm On Dec 12, 2019
Richy4:

unto 'Aje-butter' levels you mean.. When your dad owns a car those days, it's daddy.. when he uses legs, he's known as Papa.. though I'm glad kids these days don't know the difference unlike those days

You sabi the story wella

1 Like

Re: do good by Toma2: 8:29pm On Mar 06, 2020
Pidginwhisper:
Call him Father Christmas grin
You are a clown grin
Re: do good by GboyegaD(m): 3:21am On Mar 07, 2020
What's your business about how your friends feel with what you call your dad. Even now that my dad is of blessed memory, I still refer to him as daddy. It changes nothing and whoever isn't comfortable, I owe such no explanation.
Re: do good by deadkamalu: 11:45am On Mar 07, 2020
If he is a titled man call him with his titled name or you call him with his real name.
Re: do good by pweetyoge(f): 12:21pm On Mar 07, 2020
Lol
I call him dad but since I gave birth, I and my siblings now call him grandpa in a funny way and he laughs ehh
Re: do good by frozen70(f): 12:33pm On Mar 07, 2020
Sebastine1994:
I am 30 , I feel shy inside whenever I have to call my father dad in front of my peers. I feel I should call him something else like nnanyi in Igbo or papa. But he doesn't want to be called papa.he said the name makes him feel old.
That is why I brought it to you my fellow Brothers suggest something to me please.

When I was a kid it was easier to call him daddy but now it seems kind of odd when I mentioned that in a public space

This is weird, just go to him and ask him what name he wants you to be calling him apart from daddy

But that word daddy remains the best

(1) (2) (Reply)

16-year-old Mother With 4 Children Caught Sleeping With Another Man By Her Hubby / Please Need Matured Advice: My Parents Are Too Demanding / I Put Toothpaste In Toilet Water And It Will Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.