Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? (24702 Views)

#endsars: What I Studied In The University Vs What I Do Now - Nigerian Graduates / How I Studied Pharmacy Twice By Lauretta Oyemwenosa Obakpolo / Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by Nyanabo(m): 3:21pm On Dec 03, 2021
Sportwin:

What's lcs

Les Course Sonou. That's the name of the university. It one of the best in Benin too.

I also studied IUSEBA (Parakou) Benin (2020) and yes the stigma is there. But when you know you onion everything will change.

Yes I also went through the essay about my field during the NYSC verification though I'm yet to be deployed.

But my current employer was a bit skeptical about hiring a 'benin product', but now he is singing my praise.

Sir, Limitless please do well to share you MSc journey. I'm thinking about doing mine outside the country but if it doesn't work out (cause of cash maybe I will do it here.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by fabson21(m): 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2021
cry cry
zinaunreal:

Fake degrees
Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by fabson21(m): 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2021
Lol cry cry
zinaunreal:

Fake degrees
Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by fabson21(m): 3:25pm On Dec 03, 2021
This is the key word and answer to your post[quot uthor=ifinger post=108178672]

You can proceed for Msc if your school is recognized by the national university commission[/quote]
Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by BJanta: 3:27pm On Dec 03, 2021
Limitless72:
Hello guys....

The stigma on students that got their BSc from universities in Benin republic is greatly overwhelming and already taken a distorted perception in the mind of average Nigerians.. A large percentage of Nigerians believe this cert are bought or aren't credible enough..

I schooled and graduated from IRGIB AFRICA UNIVERSITY, COTONOU.. One of the few prestigious universities worth thier salt, but I feel the wrongs and corrupt disposition that few universities here have done with reckless abandon might be a big constraint to me...

I'm currently undergoing my NYSC in Imo state and would love to proceed for my postgraduate studies in Unilag, UNN or UNIPORT. But I want to know how these universities welcome this certs.

Do I have an edge or would I be seen differently?
would I be granted admission?
pls I need your advice!

Standard of education in Benin is very low. All they emphasize, and overtly at that, is the mastery of the French language. What Edge? You wll be lucky if any university considers you, except maybe the private universities.
Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by Paretomaster1(m): 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2021
Limitless72:
Hello guys....

The stigma on students that got their BSc from universities in Benin republic is greatly overwhelming and already taken a distorted perception in the mind of average Nigerians.. A large percentage of Nigerians believe this cert are bought or aren't credible enough..

I schooled and graduated from IRGIB AFRICA UNIVERSITY, COTONOU.. One of the few prestigious universities worth thier salt, but I feel the wrongs and corrupt disposition that few universities here have done with reckless abandon might be a big constraint to me...

I'm currently undergoing my NYSC in Imo state and would love to proceed for my postgraduate studies in Unilag, UNN or UNIPORT. But I want to know how these universities welcome this certs.

pls I need your advice!

As long as its not those 6 month degree Program...
Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by Deserea: 3:44pm On Dec 03, 2021
NL moderators are becoming something else this days.
Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by Neokhalifa(m): 3:45pm On Dec 03, 2021
Just like Nigerian universities recognize certificate from western countries like canada, us and uk. Nigerian universities also have some level of hiccups over der. Some universities in africa esp benin rep have had issues of acceptability in Nigeria because of issues related to fraud, fake and quality of education over der in recent times. Notwithstanding,you can try out ur luck.

Nigerian university certificates be like western nation own for wer benin republic dey
Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by tellwisdom: 3:45pm On Dec 03, 2021
Limitless72:

Aiit...
Thank you..
I'm grateful
When I put the call across who do I say gave me his contact?
Reason is because he shouldn't have the perception that I'm some kinda fraudster
Ogbeni, all these grammar to what ends? Convince us your school tried on u??

You’ve already gotten your answer - Proceed with registration for your masters, or better still, go to Unilag and inquire.
Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by Kaysalas(m): 3:48pm On Dec 03, 2021
Limitless72:

Lmao....
Beef?!
s'il vous plaît , please, what beef is that?
Give me a preamble
J'espère que tu parles français très bien ?
Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by Teeclassicroyal: 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2021
Nigerians and hypocrisy of unimaginable levels grin grin
Here we are lambasting and discrediting people who travelled to Benin to get a Degree when we ourselves know that majority of our own local universities teach using curricular of the last century. We also know that our educational system is no different from that of Benin but we chose to allow sentiments over reason. Those we should antagonize are those subverting the systems. It's stupid and mundane to take certain positions on a population based on the actions of a few. Is terrorism prevalent in all parts of Nigeria?
When you say people should not travel to look for admission, what opportunities do you have here that can cater for them?
Have you looked at the booming figures of secondary schools students churned out in Nigeria on a yearly basis? Do we have the needed number of institutions that can take all of them in?
Yet we come here to spew rubbish.
Yes, let's stop people from going to neighboring countries to acquire degrees and see if the level of criminality will not rise astronomically. Let's see if those of you who are saying jargons can sleep with your two eyes closed.
I know people who genuinely travelled to Benin to escape insecurity, cultism, uncertain future, unhealthy competition and other vices experienced in Nigeria. Many people don't know what others are facing yet they come on platforms to say rubbish at any given opportunity. The teachers in Kaduna with fake certificates were from where? Benin? Cameron? grin
Typical example of pot calling kettle black.

5 Likes

Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by Omini247: 4:03pm On Dec 03, 2021
HNAUB alumni any day any time God punish NIGERIA who dem hep? baba find one sef employed hustle safe money japa Go do your masters.

2 Likes

Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by Teeclassicroyal: 4:28pm On Dec 03, 2021
zinaunreal:

Fake degrees

By your perception. You might need to be enlightened that many developed countries consider Nigerian degrees to be thrash as well and Nigerians as people that love to feel among will want to meet out similar treatment to other countries.
Naso we do, Benin cfa is almost equivalent to Naira. Have you been to that country to appreciate the level of progress going on there? It's easy for Nigerians to feel like citizens of the so called giant but for your information the giant has since been sedated and other smaller nations are overtaking.
It's all a circular world after all.

5 Likes

Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by CSTRR: 4:32pm On Dec 03, 2021
Teeclassicroyal:

By your perception. You might need to be enlightened that many developed countries consider Nigerian degrees to be thrash as well. So, it's all a circular world after all.
No country in the developed world will consider the top universities in Nigeria as trash.
Maybe the mushroom ones, but definitely not the legacy schools in Nigeria.

When many people are running PhD in America and canada directly with their bachelor's degree from Nigeria without even masters.

2 Likes

Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by Mmbb: 4:42pm On Dec 03, 2021
Anything Goes in nigeria
Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by martinzkingin: 4:53pm On Dec 03, 2021
Limitless72:
Hello guys....

pls I need your advice!

Yes presently doing my Msc in lasu

3 Likes

Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by Shakur86(m): 4:54pm On Dec 03, 2021
Limitless72:

This country is a joke

The perception is becoming something else..
when I went for the physical verification exercise as mandated by NYSC, I was embarrassed when told to just write an essay of few paragraphs.. I was expecting something different....smth stiffened

I was telling the man if we as graduate that studied beyond the shores of Nigeria are given essay as exercise to measure our intelligence or competency then its has really gone sour...

Anyways thanks for your opinion on the subject..
Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by Teeclassicroyal: 5:01pm On Dec 03, 2021
CSTRR:

No country in the developed world will consider the top universities in Nigeria as trash.
Maybe the mushroom ones, but definitely not the legacy schools in Nigeria.

When many people are running PhD in America and canada directly with their bachelor's degree from Nigeria without even masters.

Same way no sane person will consider the top universities in Benin as trash. Thank you.
Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by prophetic69(m): 5:05pm On Dec 03, 2021
I Graduated from HNAUB and currently undergoing my Msc program here in Nigeria...I was admitted just like any other student and I even met other graduate from republic of Benin here too...some from HNAUB and other schools in bene.... nothing to worry about as long as you meet the school requirements...if you keep listening to all this dropout comments you no go move forward...

6 Likes

Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by Burgerlomo: 5:14pm On Dec 03, 2021
edoairways:

Does that mean foreign degree has lost it's value

Can they treat US cert holders same way?
Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by dmbb: 5:22pm On Dec 03, 2021
Only lazy students go to Cotonou for studies
Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by MrColdsweat: 5:55pm On Dec 03, 2021
CSTRR:
For example, if I were the NUC chairman, I would tell those Nigerian students in Ghana, if they are not in the University of Ghana or the kwame Nkrumah university of science and technology, na akara paper Dem hold as certificate.
those universities for Cotonou wey G-boys dey go buy bsc 100k
Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by Okundaye4(m): 6:04pm On Dec 03, 2021
Currently doing my HND to BSc conversion in CPTECH University, Lome Togo. Was wondering if i can do my MSc in Unilag or Uniben.
Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by MadeMan01(m): 6:30pm On Dec 03, 2021
Does ISCOM university in Cotonou Benin, offer Nursing?
Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by sharone21(f): 6:44pm On Dec 03, 2021
CSTRR:
If I become the NUC chairman, my first policy would be to create a strict acceptance policy for schools in West, Central and East Africa.

If you are not schooling in the top 2 schools specified by the Nigerian NUC in any west,east or Central African country, don't bother coming back to Nigeria with your certificate.

Someone that can't pass UTME will just travel to any mushroom African country, gain admission, come out with "top" grades and then compete in the same labour market.

Hope Cameroon is NOT part of the list of those countries because they have GCE O and A level exams and e remain small Cameroon no go even take WAEC or NECO( don't mention NABTEB)... but we thank God they are accepting them.

Also, its government fully regulates its educational system and ALL accredited private institutions are under public institutions to award Bachelor's degree after government awards HND(gotten after sitting for nationwide government HND exam).

Also, has professional bodies.
Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by dettolgel: 7:23pm On Dec 03, 2021
@op how the babes there? I am thinking of relocating to Benin Republic. Nigerian girls no be am ooh.
Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by Elidrisy20: 8:38pm On Dec 03, 2021
So far na advise you dey find,go back to cotonou and do your Msc
Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by Munzy14(m): 9:04pm On Dec 03, 2021
Limitless72:

The perception is becoming something else..
when I went for the physical verification exercise as mandated by NYSC, I was embarrassed when told to just write an essay of few paragraphs.. I was expecting something different....smth stiffened

I was telling the man if we as graduate that studied beyond the shores of Nigeria are given essay as exercise to measure our intelligence or competency then its has really gone sour...

Anyways thanks for your opinion on the subject..
Nigeria vs Benin is a typical of Russia Vs Ukraine.. grin

You gerrit? grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by izito(m): 9:16pm On Dec 03, 2021
Limitless72:
Hello guys....

pls I need your advice!

U can even secure an msc in the UK... Just hit me up
Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by 360command: 10:02pm On Dec 03, 2021
Candoit:
Truthfully, most Nigerian school would not accept you for a Masters program with that certificate. Worse still is if you decide to study abroad in top international countries like Australia or the U.S, they would tell you boldly that your qualification does not equal their countries Bachelor's qualification.

I know this because I assist a lot of persons with the admission process for study abroad and one of my students is currently facing this. Our best bet is to enrol him for a fresh Bsc program or a top up in the UK
I disagree with you. I studied in Ghana and one of my brothers who went to a public university in Nigeria talks nasty about Ghana university. Fast forward, the time came for us to do a master program in the USA.. I had no issues getting every documents from Ghana sent to USA. My 2 bro on the other hand had to sort their way from those 9ja institutions they graduated from and eventually they sent their credentials to USA.
Note: our certificate was evaluated and I was the only one who scaled through but the brother who went to UNIBEN did not scale through.

I continued with my masters but my bro had to post graduate.

The one who made mockery of me finishing from Ghana was stunned and I found in my own interest to laugh at him on everything.. getting transcripts was a problem, recommendation letter another problem, evaluation of result na k-leg.

I can vehemently say that many Nigerians who studied out of Nigeria never bribes their way through to pass exams ; if there are it will be a few.
But I cannot say the same for our Nigeria university. Note: I studied and finished from a Nigeria university together with all my brothers but I can tell you that our university is useless..
Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by zinaunreal(m): 10:28pm On Dec 03, 2021
Teeclassicroyal:

By your perception. You might need to be enlightened that many developed countries consider Nigerian degrees to be thrash as well and Nigerians as people that love to feel among will want to meet out similar treatment to other countries.
Naso we do, Benin cfa is almost equivalent to Naira. Have you been to that country to appreciate the level of progress going on there? It's easy for Nigerians to feel like citizens of the so called giant but for your information the giant has since been sedated and other smaller nations are overtaking.
It's all a circular world after all.

Baba na fake degrees them dey give. Let perception go one side . I know how these countries work up to down. I'm no stranger to their lousy system. Fake damn nonsense degrees they are distributing to Nigerians. That's why they can never study medicine or nursing or even any other health care courses , make them no go kill person.

Worse thing is that it's thesame Nigerians running the schools, how can it be better than Nigerian universities in Nigeria?
Re: I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? by zinaunreal(m): 10:45pm On Dec 03, 2021
Teeclassicroyal:
Nigerians and hypocrisy of unimaginable levels grin grin
Here we are lambasting and discrediting people who travelled to Benin to get a Degree when we ourselves know that majority of our own local universities teach using curricular of the last century. We also know that our educational system is no different from that of Benin but we chose to allow sentiments over reason. Those we should antagonize are those subverting the systems. It's stupid and mundane to take certain positions on a population based on the actions of a few. Is terrorism prevalent in all parts of Nigeria?
When you say people should not travel to look for admission, what opportunities do you have here that can cater for them?
Have you looked at the booming figures of secondary schools students churned out in Nigeria on a yearly basis? Do we have the needed number of institutions that can take all of them in?
Yet we come here to spew rubbish.
Yes, let's stop people from going to neighboring countries to acquire degrees and see if the level of criminality will not rise astronomically. Let's see if those of you who are saying jargons can sleep with your two eyes closed.
I know people who genuinely travelled to Benin to escape insecurity, cultism, uncertain future, unhealthy competition and other vices experienced in Nigeria. Many people don't know what others are facing yet they come on platforms to say rubbish at any given opportunity. The teachers in Kaduna with fake certificates were from where? Benin? Cameron? grin
Typical example of pot calling kettle black.

It's different when a certificate is forged than when a whole country produces quacks after claiming to give students standard training. I know how their educational system works, Nigeria is far better than them.

Degrees are bought and sold there like stock fish. If you need Msc or Bsc now its available with the right funds and backed up by a dummy school. Students just go to waste their parents hard earned money there and learn trash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Outrage As FUTMINNA Fixes Exam A Day To 2023 Election & 2 Days After / IPPIS: Government Can’t Use ASUU Platform To Pay Us — University Workers / UNIABUJA Law Graduate Dies After A Brief Illness (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.