Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Under Buhari, Nigeria Records Worst Attacks On Journalists In 34 Years -PremiumT - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Under Buhari, Nigeria Records Worst Attacks On Journalists In 34 Years -PremiumT (20271 Views)

FG Condemns Israel's Attacks On Journalists In Gaza / JUNE 12: I Go Fire You – Police Officer Threatens To Shoot Journalists In Lagos / Police Cash In On Call Data To Clamp Down On Journalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Under Buhari, Nigeria Records Worst Attacks On Journalists In 34 Years -PremiumT by jaytee01(m): 8:59pm On Dec 12, 2019
CaptainMeks:

You forgot to include DICTATOR to his name.

The reminder of it happening in the time of Jonathan is a reminder to you wailers that we know you guys are the ones trying to push the wrong narrative as if this has never happened before and is like a fresh incidence in our democracy.

Personally i would forgive a former military leader if he did this but would never forgive a civilian for doing same because that civilian is supposed to be a "genuine" embodiment of democracy but JONATHAN FAILED WOEFULLY.

So based on this, Major General Dictator Buhari is a much better human in his regime.

Do you see how stupid you sound now?
Your stupid comments cut no ice here.
The fact remains that we will see the back of your senile tyrant whether he likes it or not. As for you, the BMC stipends for supporting stupidity will take you nowhere.
Re: Under Buhari, Nigeria Records Worst Attacks On Journalists In 34 Years -PremiumT by CaptainMeks: 9:02pm On Dec 12, 2019
jaytee01:
Your stupid comments cut no ice here.
The fact remains that we will see the back of your senile tyrant whether he likes it or not. As for you, the BMC stipends for supporting stupidity will take you nowhere.

Your dead brain needs a new OS because the current one has been corrupted. The fact remains that you paid wailers are trying so hard to justify your WMC stipends so you support stupidity thinking it will take you somewhere.

Bunch of zombified wailers
Re: Under Buhari, Nigeria Records Worst Attacks On Journalists In 34 Years -PremiumT by CaptainMeks: 9:03pm On Dec 12, 2019
jaytee01:
Thats one of the fake social media accounts operated by Garuba Sheehu.

Don't just mind the clown.

This Ode sha grin grin

Some mothers do have them so i get it when this apple never fell far from its tree
Re: Under Buhari, Nigeria Records Worst Attacks On Journalists In 34 Years -PremiumT by CrownWale93(m): 9:38pm On Dec 12, 2019

Re: Under Buhari, Nigeria Records Worst Attacks On Journalists In 34 Years -PremiumT by Damod88: 9:57pm On Dec 12, 2019
So journalists should be treated as Saints even if they engage in unethical journalism. In case you don't know some of the journalists we have in Nigeria are paid journalists doing the bidding of their pay political masters.People should know the difference between ethical journalism and journalism done to smear people's names for political purposes. In future when some of you grow up and begin to take part in politics you will understand what I am saying. Some politicians will engage the services of journalists to smear your name by carrying false story about you. The media organizations are dangerous, they can either make you or mar you.That a person is a journalist doesn't mean he has all the freedom to write whatever he or she deems fit, afterall there is limitation to freedom of speech. I don't usually comment on this platform because I suspect it is largely populated by of low intellect judging by the quality of comments I read. This forum is supposed to be a forum for healthy debate and not the nonsense People write. I think the owner of this platform should not allow the consideration of money at the expense of rationality as the platform is fasting becoming a place for nincompoops.
Re: Under Buhari, Nigeria Records Worst Attacks On Journalists In 34 Years -PremiumT by Oblang(m): 10:09pm On Dec 12, 2019
Racoon:
[s][/s]
Yes it happened & should be condemned by all reasonable Nigerians.Two wrongs cant make a right.

Buhari shamelessly lied to gullible Nigerians in 2015 that he has become a "born-again" democrat but time has still proven that a leopard does not change its skin.

Tell me when such thing as blocking the distribution of newspaper and arresting a journalist after publishing a story abt Buhari happened under this govt. Just give me an instance pls.
Re: Under Buhari, Nigeria Records Worst Attacks On Journalists In 34 Years -PremiumT by EdiskyHarry: 10:10pm On Dec 12, 2019
hate speech
Re: Under Buhari, Nigeria Records Worst Attacks On Journalists In 34 Years -PremiumT by Damod88: 10:16pm On Dec 12, 2019
CaptainMeks:

You forgot to include DICTATOR to his name.

The reminder of it happening in the time of Jonathan is a reminder to you wailers that we know you guys are the ones trying to push the wrong narrative as if this has never happened before and is like a fresh incidence in our democracy.

Personally i would forgive a former military leader if he did this but would never forgive a civilian for doing same because that civilian is supposed to be a "genuine" embodiment of democracy but JONATHAN FAILED WOEFULLY.

So based on this, Major General Dictator Buhari is a much better human in his regime.

Do you see how stupid you sound now?

It is funny. I guessed u never described Buhari the way you do now prior to the Punch decision. What if tomorrow Punch decides to apologize to the president and withraws the previous decision, will you also do likewise? Man you are old enough to have your own opinion without being influenced by any decision another person makes for whatever reason. Be yourself and stop being dictated to.
Re: Under Buhari, Nigeria Records Worst Attacks On Journalists In 34 Years -PremiumT by Danzysb(m): 10:16pm On Dec 12, 2019
Seriously,only zombies still support this current goverment.
Re: Under Buhari, Nigeria Records Worst Attacks On Journalists In 34 Years -PremiumT by CaptainMeks: 10:24pm On Dec 12, 2019
Damod88:

It is funny. I guessed u never described Buhari the way you do now prior to the Punch decision. What if tomorrow Punch decides to apologize to the president and withraws the previous decision, will you also do likewise? Man you are old enough to have your own opinion without being influenced by any decision another person makes for whatever reason. Be yourself and stop being dictated to.

Learn to understand sarcasm
Re: Under Buhari, Nigeria Records Worst Attacks On Journalists In 34 Years -PremiumT by bilulu(m): 11:33pm On Dec 12, 2019
jahsharon:
Okay. The below happened during Goatluck Jonathan regime.
Oga theta didn’t tell you other administration didn’t try to suppress but it’s worse in those regime..... understanding English language
Re: Under Buhari, Nigeria Records Worst Attacks On Journalists In 34 Years -PremiumT by Nobody: 12:17am On Dec 13, 2019
bakescos01:

Please sir, does this justify what is going on in our country now ? So, if Jonathan did wrong against journalist then it’s normal for Buhari to do the same right ? Are we moving forward or going backward as a nation ? I can’t still imagine how we got here. Wrong is wrong no matter who did the wrong.

Why do nigerians love taking things out of context? He only put that up for those who believe Nigeria was paradise on earth for journalists until 2015.
Re: Under Buhari, Nigeria Records Worst Attacks On Journalists In 34 Years -PremiumT by emilfischer(m): 6:11am On Dec 13, 2019
There is nothing more to say again.
Re: Under Buhari, Nigeria Records Worst Attacks On Journalists In 34 Years -PremiumT by ofwest47(m): 8:15am On Dec 13, 2019
Gone were the days of investigative journalism, but today it is political journalism. These days what you read in the newspapers, hear on the radio and watch on Televisions are sponsored hate speeches , fake news, and wailed comments by politicians and all these outputs depends on the highest bidder.
Re: Under Buhari, Nigeria Records Worst Attacks On Journalists In 34 Years -PremiumT by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 13, 2019
Eteka1:
Its meant for the consumption of the little noisy kids on Nairaland.

I guess so . . . the young guys in my office don't believe half of what I tell them about Abacha.

1 Like

Re: Under Buhari, Nigeria Records Worst Attacks On Journalists In 34 Years -PremiumT by jeynike: 9:14am On Dec 13, 2019
CaptainMeks:

You and your PDP and your minions of zombified wailers are the kings of kleptocracy and stealing which happens not to be viewed as corruption by you lot and your behaviour almost brought ruin to Nigeria as the international community cemented Nigeria as corrupt under the leadership of your much applauded lootocrats.
and to your zombified mind now stealing and corruption is no more in this Present regime. Who do u this thing?
Re: Under Buhari, Nigeria Records Worst Attacks On Journalists In 34 Years -PremiumT by CaptainMeks: 10:20am On Dec 13, 2019
jeynike:
and to your zombified mind now stealing and corruption is no more in this Present regime. Who do u this thing?

And to your zombified wailing mind the magnitude remains the same despite the recoveries, arrests and those jailed. Something that never happened under the tenure of your beloved lootocrats
Re: Under Buhari, Nigeria Records Worst Attacks On Journalists In 34 Years -PremiumT by surgical: 1:58pm On Dec 13, 2019
SarkinYarki:
Meaning the last time we withnessed such attack of the press was under the same notorious Major General Buhari in the 80s ..SMH
That is what lack of education has done to him ,he thinks everything is by force , instead of wisdom

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 States With Highest Number Of 4 Story And Above Buildings. / Multiple Blasts Rock Maiduguri 10 Feared Killed – Locals / Feyisetan Fayose Distributes Delivery Kits To Pregnant Women (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.