Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,958 members, 7,956,605 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:02 PM

Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode (47876 Views)

UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation / UNILAG Professor, Duro Ajeyalemi Dies Of COVID-19 Disease / Adenle Adetunwase: 4 Guinness World Records Holder (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:12am On Dec 13, 2019
HumanCalc:
Prof Lai Olurode owns the secondary school from which I graduated. He taught us nothing but honesty back then.

What is the name of the secondary school?
Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by placeofallure(f): 5:20am On Dec 13, 2019
God bless the Prof!

I had a similar experience in my University of Ilorin days. Prof. Sam A. Adewoye of the English department. He helped me gain admission when he never knew me from Adam, he saw my results from secondary School and he was impressed, that was all. On gaining admission, he instructed me to always, everyday show myself in his office. I think that was his own way to ensure I don't skip lectures. I did just that. When I'm not in the lecture rooms, I was in his office. He'd spend his resources to entertain me. He always insisted I eat something. He'd give me lectures on issues of life. Even when he had guests, he'd refuse me to excuse them. He'll only allow me to sit in the sitting room area, still in his office, one room but very big. People thought we were relatives or something, while some thought we were dating. He never asked for sex or anything like that, he was just fatherly. I asked him why all these show of kindness. He said he wants to have as many academic children as possible. Really no student was as close to him as I was but I noticed he was a problem solver for many. It was painful I didn't get to attend his burial ceremony. May God be with his family.

It's for people like him and a few others, that I'll not tag all Nigerian lecturers as filthy, randy, old goats because I've experienced the other side of the divide too. That's a story for another day.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by Ucylious(f): 6:25am On Dec 13, 2019
*Exhales* I thought it was gonna be something negative... I've prepared the type of curse to render in my head sef
There're still a lot of nice ones out there and I've encountered few.
Mr Oke who helped gain admission and ensured I graduated without hitches
Mr.Bernard my Young supervisor, gave his all to ensure we came out standard.
Chai God help me not to disappoint oh
Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by Lamasta(m): 6:37am On Dec 13, 2019
The part that got me is all have done for You do to others too... This is fulfilling Mat 7:12
Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by OyinKris(f): 7:12am On Dec 13, 2019
I think I need this kind of a man to help me for my masters in unilag...connect me I beg
Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by classicpeezy(m): 7:31am On Dec 13, 2019
Thank God people like this still exists.... If I start narrating what I went through in the hands of a lecturer back then, he was even a Mr.
Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by philo04(m): 7:43am On Dec 13, 2019
OyiboOyibo:

Your types are the problem of Nigeria
thank you
Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by iguita: 7:50am On Dec 13, 2019
So glad to read this
Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by adebopo: 8:20am On Dec 13, 2019
FeedbackNG:

Source: https://guardian.ng/opinion/my-experience-in-the-office-of-unilag-professor/

May Allah bless the Prof, and God bless you too for the positive news.
Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by anonimi: 8:23am On Dec 13, 2019
philo04:
Can somebody summarize it pls

Wow...first to comment...lemme behave like other idiotz
(Grab mic....clear throat) I want to thank my fada n Moda for bringing me to this world

I also want to know if Buhari is eating Nigeria rice cos the amount of stone inside should have kill him by now( not hate speech just thinking)

Also want to thank airtel 4G thunder will not fire u like mtn

And finally my wife and son staring at me as if am madt...I want to say God bless u

Note....dear our second child will not be born in Nigeria op thank you for posting at the right tym.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3504410_internet_jpeg8efe841e125b21f5a740dc528a146d09

2 Likes

Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by HumanCalc: 8:27am On Dec 13, 2019
emmanuelewumi:

What is the name of the secondary school?
The Wings Schools, Iwo, Osun State.
Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by Folksyharry(m): 8:48am On Dec 13, 2019
YungMillionaire:
The people waiting for another sex-4-marks tale will be disappointed. OP thanks for telling your story.

Seriously o. I decided to patiently read the whole story before I start my rant but I'm glad I was disappointed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by oshaosha2014(m): 9:05am On Dec 13, 2019
I was disappointed but it was a good read and a breath of fresh air at that.
YungMillionaire:
The people waiting for another sex-4-marks tale will be disappointed. OP thanks for telling your story.

1 Like

Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by oshaosha2014(m): 9:07am On Dec 13, 2019
Typical Nigerian. They never read!

Crownbackhome:
Who have time for this epistle.
Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by Pirosaw: 10:08am On Dec 13, 2019
Thank you for sharing this, I am happy for you. Not all lecturers are bad.

May God bless him and his family, amen.
Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by FeedbackNG: 10:36am On Dec 13, 2019
If you have great stories about your lecturers, Kindly fill tell us here and we will publish them on our platforms.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSebMiamkO8Mj1HAv9ibybGTotkRZ6FgcUPAiiv6IVFJDbQIvA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by Axadus: 1:10pm On Dec 13, 2019
FineUsername:
Two bottles of Ciroc for good summary.

She go school, assignment sup, plenty lecturers turn her down, last minute intervention were holy Spirit the do happen, she follow the voice, enter last office, help enter her way with no sex for grade option from proff Dean of one Dept like that..Prof help am till she finish sch.. then other testimonies follow.. e no easy to summarize oo
Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by Emmanuelcann: 3:30pm On Dec 13, 2019
philo04:
Can somebody summarize it pls

Wow...first to comment...lemme behave like other idiotz
(Grab mic....clear throat) I want to thank my fada n Moda for bringing me to this world

I also want to know if Buhari is eating Nigeria rice cos the amount of stone inside should have kill him by now( not hate speech just thinking)

Also want to thank airtel 4G thunder will not fire u like mtn

And finally my wife and son staring at me as if am madt...I want to say God bless u

Note....dear our second child will not be born in Nigeria op thank you for posting at the right tym.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by Adedoyinsultan: 4:16pm On Dec 13, 2019
My Lecturer flying Lasu's flag high �
Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by CeterisXVII: 8:54pm On Dec 13, 2019
OyinKris:
I think I need this kind of a man to help me for my masters in unilag...connect me I beg
You don't need any connections for Masters' in UNILAG. Just read your books, study hard, attend lectures, pass your continuous assessment tests and do well in your exams and project. Finish. You will pass and even excel.
Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by zealousayo(m): 2:11am On Dec 14, 2019
HumanCalc:
Prof Lai Olurode owns the secondary school from which I graduated. He taught us nothing but honesty back then.
The Wings,right?
Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by HumanCalc: 8:59am On Dec 14, 2019
zealousayo:
The Wings,right?
Yeah.
Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by jinkab: 4:56pm On Dec 14, 2019
This is beautiful. Good ones among lecturers are still many. Some became bad due to pressure from those stupid girls looking for mark. With d fear of God and determination one will not fall
Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by OyinKris(f): 10:28pm On Dec 15, 2019
CeterisXVII:

You don't need any connections for Masters' in UNILAG. Just read your books, study hard, attend lectures, pass your continuous assessment tests and do well in your exams and project. Finish. You will pass and even excel.
Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by kayfact123(m): 7:52pm On Jun 07, 2020
optimus106:
Tell this your story to your village people this xmas...
fuvk u
Re: Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode by optimus106(m): 9:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
kayfact123:
fuvk u

Yeah...slow poke,see how long it took you?

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Madonna University Builds Nigeria’s Longest/largest Exams Hall / Senate Passes Bill Abolishing HND/BSc Dichotomy / University Dumps Students' Projects In The Trash (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.