Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election (31292 Views)

Why Air Peace Need To Learn From The Pitfalls Of The Forerunners- Chuka / Obi’s Government Is A Disaster- Obele Chuka / Meet Anthony Chuka Douglas, Atiku Abubakar's Stepson & His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:45am On Dec 13, 2019
IamPatriotic:

I'm not impressed with the outcome of the election. I was expecting LP to have the opportunity of ending the needless exit, but as it's, Boris will continue with his directionless Brexit talk, too bad!
You should be more aware now that majority of Brits want brexit. That's what this election has proven. The labour party and their cohorts who have been holding the Tories by the jugular can now take a rest!!
Re: Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election by AfroKnight: 11:07am On Dec 13, 2019
In the UK right now, it’s L for Labour. Like, Literally.
Re: Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 13, 2019
Agboriotejoye:

You should be more aware now that majority of Brits want brexit. That's what this election has proven. The labour party and their cohorts who have been holding the Tories by the jugular can now take a rest!!

Lol, you dey mind the guys? The way Nigerians reason sometimes fit make depressed person. We carry our armchair politics and think it applies to every country.
The fellow you quoted has zilch idea of British politics and how the British idiosyncrasies.

If he has heard of Brexit fatigue he would keep his 'unimpressed' opinion in his wallet.
Even me wey no be Brit was tired of the back and forth and like most others, I voted conservative cos we need to move on.
Re: Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 13, 2019
UAE123:
Hopefully there will be another chance for him in future. Anyway he has the perfect political spirit of a typical Nigerian man of moving from one party to another.
Moving from one seat to Another indeed. grin

That is what unseated him, He would never ever get another chancem
Re: Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election by Kakamorufu(m): 11:24am On Dec 13, 2019
tough one nikka
Re: Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election by chewwie(m): 11:35am On Dec 13, 2019
The world is becoming more conservative. Liberalism is DEAD!

1 Like

Re: Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election by SirToby(m): 11:39am On Dec 13, 2019
Abubaushe:
[quote author=SirToby

Chuka umunna lost because of political impatience of the highest order,if he remained in Labour party and left for independent and then Lib.dem in a spate of couple of months,he would have still be in the parliament and can still be Obama of Britain
If i were him,best option return to Labour and restrategise politically.
If he returns to Labour, he cannot be trusted with any leadership roles. His campaign of calumny against Labour was everywhere immediately he left the party.

1 Like

Re: Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election by DWJOBScom(m): 11:52am On Dec 13, 2019
UAE123:
Hopefully there will be another chance for him in future. Anyway he has the perfect political spirit of a typical Nigerian man of moving from one party to another.

Correct!!
Re: Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 13, 2019
Re: Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election by thatigboman: 11:58am On Dec 13, 2019
helinues:
There was a media black out about this UK election. All major media only talk about it in news no live coverage
u should have watched Sky News

1 Like

Re: Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election by helinues: 12:47pm On Dec 13, 2019
thatigboman:
u should have watched Sky News

Stop arguing about what you don't know

1 Like

Re: Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election by Dedetwo(m): 1:19pm On Dec 13, 2019
seunmsg:
Oops! So sad! We once thought he was going to be the Obama of Britain.

Obama is the worse thing any African would love to become.
Re: Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election by Arkmanbuddy(m): 1:22pm On Dec 13, 2019
Russi:
Flip Flopping grin
Is Atiku his Father?

No, but I believe he's Atikulated in some way!
Re: Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election by Bluntemperor: 1:30pm On Dec 13, 2019
ursullalinda:
Failure is a route to success.......once you re strategize and give it another shot......it helps form you to be better in what you are doing......only failures give up once they fail.....but winners always catch in to it.

You are right Ma'am.He will be a cat with nine lives.Unfotunately this Brexit do not blow anyone good as Great Britain has been maneuvering herself for years now.One more thing you trust the British,they would rise above partisan to deliver the Country from the claws of politicians.That patriotic spirit makes a difference between black people in Politics and their white counterparts.

2 Likes

Re: Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election by thatigboman: 1:40pm On Dec 13, 2019
helinues:

Stop arguing about what you don't know
u are an illiterate
Re: Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election by feedthenation(m): 2:05pm On Dec 13, 2019
Chuka, should have stayed in the British Labour party, now his value would have gone up with Jeremy Corbyn's imminent loss at the prime ministerialship position. Looks like his political relevance is finished finally.

1 Like

Re: Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election by guidelight: 3:11pm On Dec 13, 2019
He miscalculated! I still hope that the Son of Ben Osi Umunna - ex - Enugu Rangers Chairman and Ex - QPR Chairman - will rise again.
Re: Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election by akdjr(m): 4:47pm On Dec 13, 2019
If na my country now Lawyers for de warm up.
Re: Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election by Golden057(m): 5:45pm On Dec 13, 2019
I swear that man na Don grin
Re: Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election by Myself2(m): 6:05pm On Dec 13, 2019
UAE123:

Serves him right.
I'm very happy he lost.
Instead of him to stay focused and firmly rooted in Labour, he was first carried away with how to derail Boris Johnson's Brexit plans and didn't seem to be okay with the way Labour was going about it.
Eventually he alone knows why he had to show the Nigerianess in him by embarking on what we call political jumpology, by jumping from Labour to the Lib dems, who did he think would take him seriously after that ?

1 Like

Re: Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election by Litmus: 9:15pm On Dec 13, 2019
NOC1:
He thought that is NIgeria where you defect any how, he left his party for another party and lost.

On the contrary, changing parties (Crossing the floor) was invented in Britain not Nigeria.
Re: Chuka Umunna Loses MP Seat In UK Election by SirToby(m): 2:55am On Dec 14, 2019
Dedetwo:

Obama is the worse thing any African would love to become.
Blatant lie
You must be one of those brainwashed IPOB guys

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uche Nwosu: Police Confirm Arrest Of Okorocha’s Son-In-Law / US Embassy Alleges Massive Rigging In Rivers, Akwa Ibom / El-Rufai Ignores Protesting Workers, Attends Conference In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.