Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,943 members, 7,956,560 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:01 PM

Amosun’s Ex-aide Joins FIRS Board - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amosun’s Ex-aide Joins FIRS Board (557 Views)

Oyinlola’s Ex-aide Joins Osun PDP Chairmanship Race / Senate confirms AMCON, FIRS Board members / Olufunso Amosun Is Worried Over Weight Gain (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amosun’s Ex-aide Joins FIRS Board by Gazzy88(m): 6:59am On Dec 13, 2019
The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has appointed a former special adviser to the Ogun State ex-governor, Ibikunle Amosun, into the new board of the Federal Inland Revenue Service to represent the South-West.

Adewale Ogunyomade served as special adviser for Rural Development to Amosun.

The PUNCH reports that Ogunyomade is the fifth ally of Amosun to be appointed in the last six months.

The President’s letter to the Senate President requesting the confirmation of nominees read in part, “Pursuant to Section 3(2) of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (Establishment) Act, 2007, I am pleased to forward for confirmation by the Senate, the under listed names of nominees as the chairman and members of the Federal Inland Revenue Service.”

Amosun, who has been at loggerheads with his successor, Dapo Abiodun; National Chairman of the APC, Adams Oshiomhole; Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo; and party leaders, Bola Tinubu and Olusegun Osoba, seems to be the most favoured South-West politician in Buhari’s second term.

Amosun’s former commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Olamilekan Adegbite, was appointed as the minister of Mines and Steel Development.

The Ogun-Central senator also succeeded in pushing his former commissioner for Special Duties and Inter Governmental Affairs, Adeleke Adewolu, to be appointed as the executive commissioner, Stakeholder Engagement, at the Nigerian Communications Commission.

Adewolu replaced Sunday Dare, who is now the Minister of Youths and Sports Development.

In addition, Amosun was able to push for his former commissioner for Agriculture and Urban and Physical Planning, Mrs Ronke Sokefun, to be appointed as the chairman of the Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation.

Amosun displayed his closeness to Buhari by getting his loyalist to get the job after a nominee, Chief Bode Mustapha, had been screened by the National Assembly for the position.

Not done, Amosun was also instrumental to the appointment of the serving Postmaster-General/Chief Executive Officer of the Nigeria Postal Services, Bisi Adegbuyi.

https://punchng.com/amosuns-ex-aide-joins-firs-board/

Re: Amosun’s Ex-aide Joins FIRS Board by ursullalinda(f): 7:00am On Dec 13, 2019
More choppings for him

1 Like

Re: Amosun’s Ex-aide Joins FIRS Board by Jasen1(m): 7:02am On Dec 13, 2019
I de watch
Re: Amosun’s Ex-aide Joins FIRS Board by IamPatriotic(m): 7:18am On Dec 13, 2019
Amosun is now the only South West Politician on the favourite book of the Aso Rock cabal. When I saw him at the birthday party of Mamma Daura in London and I told myself that the man was going to upstage both the Vice President Osinbajo and Tinubu. Although the beauty of the romance is that it will not last beyond the next three years.

2 Likes

Re: Amosun’s Ex-aide Joins FIRS Board by LordKeynes: 7:29am On Dec 13, 2019
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Amosun’s Ex-aide Joins FIRS Board by aolawale025: 7:49am On Dec 13, 2019
Congrats to him. Amosuns men seem to have the upper hand in Ogun when its time for fed jobs

2 Likes

Re: Amosun’s Ex-aide Joins FIRS Board by hisexcellency34: 7:51am On Dec 13, 2019
We warned Tinubu....but ambition blinded him to reality

2 Likes

Re: Amosun’s Ex-aide Joins FIRS Board by Kyase(m): 7:53am On Dec 13, 2019
IamPatriotic:
Amosun is now the only South West Politician on the favourite book of the Aso Rock cabal. When I saw him at the birthday party of Mamma Daura in London and I told myself that the man was going to upstage both the Vice President Osinbajo and Tinubu. Although the beauty of the romance is that it will not last beyond the next three years.
Amosun romance with buhari has been there for eon, he was buhari's second best friend, just after col tunde, the guy is very loyal to baba. and one thing i know about baba is that he rewards loyalty

2 Likes

Re: Amosun’s Ex-aide Joins FIRS Board by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 13, 2019
This man is the man to beat in national politics in this regime.

2 Likes

Re: Amosun’s Ex-aide Joins FIRS Board by Kendumazy(m): 8:08am On Dec 13, 2019
Amosun is reaping his reward of long time loyalty to Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Amosun’s Ex-aide Joins FIRS Board by solmusdesigns: 8:11am On Dec 13, 2019
Amosun is quite influetial in Buhari's regime

2 Likes

Re: Amosun’s Ex-aide Joins FIRS Board by baby124: 8:14am On Dec 13, 2019
Amosun the sour puss. The loss of Ogun governorship really pain am grin
Re: Amosun’s Ex-aide Joins FIRS Board by LibertyRep: 8:17am On Dec 13, 2019
Amosun has always been an ally of Buhari way before exigencies of the politics of 2015 brought Buhari and Tinubu together.

This much he banked upon in pushing his annointed candidate for Ogun guber APC and if the decision had been for Buhari only to make, he would have had his way.

The trio of Akeredolu, Fayemi and Amosun are up to something in the South West.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Call Yerima To Order, Igbo Group Tells ACF. / Bandits Abduct Chief Imam, 20 Others In Niger Community / Is The Presidents Daughter's office Higher Than VP?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.