Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,771 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer (11286 Views)

Praying Fard Salah Behind An Imam Praying Nawaafil / Bandits Kill Imam In Bangi Niger State For Refusing To Break His Fast With Water / What Happens If The One Praying Behind An Imam Says The Tasleem Before Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer by Bigcowhorn: 12:57pm On Dec 13, 2019
[s]
OgaBuhari:
RUBBISH
[/s]
Re: Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer by midnighter(f): 1:42pm On Dec 13, 2019
Kokoebapluse:

I don't have much to ask you about your best religion, but what will you tell your children if s/he ask you if truly Jesus was born on 25 December?

We would tell them that we are using that date to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ but we are not sure what day he was actually born on!

Any problem Smh

Sunni and Shia dont agree on the significance of milad il-nabi or when to celebrate it do they?

So how do you celebrate it when you people cant agree on the date Some of you cant even celebrate it, claiming its bidaa so where do you get the gall to mention Christmas?
Re: Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer by Kokoebapluse(m): 1:52pm On Dec 13, 2019
midnighter:

We would tell them that we are using that date to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ but we are not sure what day he was actually born on!

Any problem Smh

Sunni and Shia dont agree on what day the Prophet saww was born on, do they?

So how do you celebrate milad innabi when you people cant agree on the date Some of you cant even celebrating it, claiming its bidaa so where do you get the gall to mention Christmas?

I think your religion is the best? But Christmas is a scam, grin

Let me ask you again, in your Bible can you please tell me how many angel Mary Magdalene saw at the grave of Jesus after resurrection according to gospel of Mathew, mark, Luke,john ?
Re: Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer by aa2728nl(m): 2:10pm On Dec 13, 2019
May Allah reward you abundantly
Re: Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer by Abass1Toheeb: 7:36pm On Dec 13, 2019
The day I heard Jesus was a Jew, I asked my self who invented the Christianity my other brothers belief in..
Re: Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer by AbuTwins: 9:05am On Dec 14, 2019
daluvdr:

Based on the narration recorded by Muslim (when you are in prayers straighten the rows then one of you should lead the rest in prayer, when he makes the takbeer make the takbeer, when he recites be quiet and listen to his recitation) based on this narration scholars have said it is not possible to recite while the imam is reciting and listen at the same time so in obedience to this hadith one should not recite when the imaam is reciting out loud

There are two hadiths on this matter. The one you quoted and the one from Abu Dawood above. Using only yours and neglecting that quoted in the OP which is of cos authentic means you won't recite behind the imam thereby neglecting the order “Do not do that, apart from the Opening of the Book (al-Faatihah), because there is no prayer for the one who does not recite it. .

The other option is to treat both hadith as correct and regard one as an exception to the other that is one must not recite behind the imaam except al fatiha.

This is based on the words of the Messenger (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him): “Do not do that, apart from the Opening of the Book (al-Faatihah), because there is no prayer for the one who does not recite it.” And that was in Fajr prayer, which is a prayer in which recitation is done out loud, as is well known.

Allah knows best.
Re: Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer by OfficialAPCNig: 1:11pm On Dec 14, 2019
LuverBoi16:
islam iz the religion ov peace nd the only religion that God sent down to man even the prophets were all muslims including Prophet Isa
Go to Galatians and read what our Bible said about Mohammed and Islam 600 years before Mohammed was born
Re: Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer by OfficialAPCNig: 1:13pm On Dec 14, 2019
Abumilla:
There should be sanity here. Everyone should respect the religion we practice. Nobody has the right to insult any religion. I think the mod needs to act.
Which religion?

You mean the ancient meccan religion
Re: Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer by OfficialAPCNig: 1:16pm On Dec 14, 2019
Abass1Toheeb:
The day I heard Jesus was a Jew, I asked my self who invented the Christianity my other brothers belief in..
Jesus operated under the law to safe those under the curse of the law. (bible)

1 Like

Re: Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer by LuverBoi16(m): 9:11pm On Dec 15, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

Go to Galatians and read what our Bible said about Mohammed and Islam 600 years before Mohammed was born
and after reading i cant even find the word christainity there
Re: Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer by fortran123: 12:17pm On Dec 16, 2019
Abass1Toheeb:
Christianity was not invented. Jesus' disciples were called Christians cos of their behavior like Christ, hence Christianity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Benefits Of Bismillah / Qur’an – The Centripetal Force / Can One Be Forgiven After Commiting Shirk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.