Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,838 members, 7,956,163 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:18 AM

Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood (64711 Views)

I For Don Collect My ₦100k Today With Joyous Mood! / Anthony Joshua Bathing For Fragrance Lynx (Photos) / ‘Ewure Oshi’ - Anthony Joshua To Iphone 8 Owners ‘asking Him For Favors’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 13, 2019
MadamT:

You are right!
My sons are same age group as Anthony Joshua. They’ve never stepped foot in Nigeria but understand and speak a bit of our language.
A lot us parents who migrated from Naija in the 70s and 80s imbibed a lot of our culture in our children. For example, even though my grown sons haven’t been to Nigeria, they know which “swallow” goes with what! They combine amala with ewedu and pounded yam with Egusi. My first son cooks some Naija food expertly. His English fiancée enjoys jollof rice and will tuck in with him to enjoy amala. All of these and more bodes well for my grandchildren as they won’t lose their heritage.

So, I always laugh when I read some posts here making ignorant assertions about “abroad” children. They may be British, American etc. by birth and nationality, but people shouldn’t dispute some of their Naija upbringing cos it is Nigerian people from Nigeria that birthed and brought them up!

Wow.. Nice one grandma..

Can u adopt me.?
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by 1Sharon(f): 11:20pm On Dec 13, 2019
OfoIgbo:
He doesn't look Yoruba at all. Is any of his parents or grand parents non-Yoruba?

He is a quarter mixed.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by prettyangel10(f): 11:24pm On Dec 13, 2019
Tembebe:
Is there something you yorubas collected from those people you didn't return?
I asked because the derogatory words used by them for ONLY the yorubas on this forum no be here o.
If I haven't set foot in the southwest before and married from there,I would have believed everybody in Yoruba land is ugly o and dirty as fvck going by what the igbos used to write here.

Thanks for your contribution. And in all sincerity, they are the ugliest, dirtiest,tribal bigots, they are the ones that bleach the most, yet they keep abusing us, they keep trouping into the West as if their life depends on it, their ladies are looking for Yoruba men to marry up and down as if we owe them anything.

The Yorubas are so Liberal, in all what they say to to us, we still live with the peacefully.

10 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by Tedpgrass: 11:25pm On Dec 13, 2019
Dbeautifulme:
Heard ijebu people can be stingy as F**k

Pls is it true?? cry

Strategic spenders cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by StupidNLmods: 11:26pm On Dec 13, 2019
Who are the chestbeaters now?
Hypocritical tribe
Tueh!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by stevebond007(m): 11:33pm On Dec 13, 2019
tooth4tooth:
He lived part of his life in Ogun state . He even attended secondary school but I don't know for how long.

I will not be surprised that he speaks. Even some yoruba kids in UK that had never stepped their feet in Nigeria still speak the language fluently.

That is the beauty of being proud of your heritage.

Na so! I hope our "don't speak Yoruba" parents will take a cue from this.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by Commentor: 11:35pm On Dec 13, 2019
akdjr:
Can we now see the inferiority among we Africans? So if Andy Fury speak Mexico now it will be news

Andy Ruiz you mean.

Though American he reps Mexico.

It is not inferiority. It is recognising your origins and appreciating it .

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by Akolawole(m): 11:37pm On Dec 13, 2019
chuxy12:
what of John fashanu? is he not handsome even though he is yoruba

Upper cut!

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by papermill: 11:38pm On Dec 13, 2019
Abi na Hausa him for speak??
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by 4element: 11:48pm On Dec 13, 2019
No matter where you come from, as far as you are a black man, you are Africana, nevermind you nationality, you are Africana, never mind your identity, as far you are a black man. You are Africana. Please let us know whom we are. We should remember that black men are the first people on earth planet

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by UndauntedYOCA(f): 11:49pm On Dec 13, 2019
9jahotblog:
that's what I'm thinking too, he doesn't resemble Yorubas at all.
How do Yoruba's look? We look how we look not because of our tribe but because that's how we're meant to look.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by LajaLaba: 11:54pm On Dec 13, 2019
9jahotblog:
that's what I'm thinking too, he doesn't resemble Yorubas at all.
U are a bit slow

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by webngnews: 11:55pm On Dec 13, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by Lamanii22(f): 11:57pm On Dec 13, 2019
tooth4tooth:
He lived part of his life in Ogun state . He even attended secondary school but I don't know for how long.

I will not be surprised that he speaks. Even some yoruba kids in UK that had never stepped their feet in Nigeria still speak the language fluently.

Right... A friend of mine has been in the UK for over 10years.. She speaks Yoruba fluently... A lil more than I do...
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by kay29000(m): 12:09am On Dec 14, 2019
Foxman19:
grin grin most comments eh. Its an evidence that some people born with hatred.

I swear

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by DenreleDave(m): 12:16am On Dec 14, 2019
MadamT:

You are right!
My sons are same age group as Anthony Joshua. They’ve never stepped foot in Nigeria but understand and speak a bit of our language.
A lot us parents who migrated from Naija in the 70s and 80s imbibed a lot of our culture in our children. For example, even though my grown sons haven’t been to Nigeria, they know which “swallow” goes with what! They combine amala with ewedu and pounded yam with Egusi. My first son cooks some Naija food expertly. His English fiancée enjoys jollof rice and will tuck in with him to enjoy amala. All of these and more bodes well for my grandchildren as they won’t lose their heritage.

So, I always laugh when I read some posts here making ignorant assertions about “abroad” children. They may be British, American etc. by birth and nationality, but people shouldn’t dispute some of their Naija upbringing cos it is Nigerian people from Nigeria that birthed and brought them up!

Good day ma, I hope family is doing well ma.

I am a fresh graduate but yet to serve.. I will be glad if God can use you to connect me for a job ma... God bless you
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by OluchiDelly: 12:32am On Dec 14, 2019
MadamT:

You are right!

One can infer you should, at least, be close to 50 if not more. Sometimes all these online kids who can not even define June 12 grin would start insulting you just because they share contrary opinion with you. This is what NL has degenerated into these days.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by Kennyswagzz: 12:36am On Dec 14, 2019
ruffDiamond:
then that means he must be STINGY then..but I hope you didn't imbibe their stingy , treacherous and traitorous nature!ask obj a notorious traitor Fela called ITT.aside scam,na woman dem sabi pursue even craze woman,all join.
why your people na to come SW come dey beg

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by Kennyswagzz: 12:40am On Dec 14, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:
he is not afonja,
and he is not ugly like afonja,
afonja head and face doesnt look straight like that
this is how igbos look

5 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by DenreleDave(m): 12:45am On Dec 14, 2019
MadamT:

This is one of the reasons I rarely post here. The rudeness and childishness. It’s a shame really, cos people like me could maybe add some positive contributions here and there.

For the record, I don’t have any “pain”. Don’t project your life or the life of someone you know unto me.

You don’t know me. You don’t know my sons. Thank you.

God bless you ma

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by DenreleDave(m): 12:47am On Dec 14, 2019
prettyangel10:

Thanks for your contribution. And in all sincerity, they are the ugliest, dirtiest,tribal bigots, they are the ones that bleach the most, yet they keep abusing us, they keep trouping into the West as if their life depends on it, their ladies are looking for Yoruba men to marry up and down as if we owe them anything.

The Yorubas are so Liberal, in all what they say to to us, we still live with the peacefully.

My Yoruba princess.. Love yu

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by CasNova(m): 12:54am On Dec 14, 2019
O da be.
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by Mbilla(m): 1:08am On Dec 14, 2019
Kennyswagzz:
this is how igbos look
Continue deceiving yourself.
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by InvertedHammer: 1:09am On Dec 14, 2019
MadamT:

You are right!
My sons are same age group as Anthony Joshua.

/

shocked shocked

/
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by InvertedHammer: 1:16am On Dec 14, 2019
Tembebe:
Is there something you yorubas collected from those people you didn't return?
I asked because the derogatory words used by them for ONLY the yorubas on this forum no be here o.
If I haven't set foot in the southwest before and married from there,I would have believed everybody in Yoruba land is ugly o and dirty as fvck going by what the igbos used to write here.
/
The insults go both ways. Stop pretending that you don't know. Shout "Afonja/skull-mining", the Igbo people wake up. Shout "IPOB/drugs", the Yoruba people wake up. And in each case, it is followed by venomous insults.

If you think Yoruba people love Igbo people, ask the mod to push Nnamdi Kanu's story to the front page and enjoy the comments.

/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by Kennyswagzz: 1:21am On Dec 14, 2019
Mbilla:
Continue deceiving yourself.
you need moregringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by Mbilla(m): 1:22am On Dec 14, 2019
prettyangel10:

Joke of the century. I can't stop laughing. Yoruba that 99% of their ugly men bleach is insulting Igbos. Other tribes in Nigeria knows that majority of Igbos are naturally fair in complexion and every body in Nigeria and outside Nigeria know Yorubas​, as the most dirty, ugliest tribe in the world. Visit Lagos street in Accra Ghana and see how dirty yorubas have turn that place to slum and also visit peckham in England and see how Dirty noisy ugly yorubas have mess that place up

5 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by Mbilla(m): 1:25am On Dec 14, 2019
InvertedHammer:

/
The insults go both ways. Stop pretending that you don't know. Shout "Afonja/skull-mining", the Igbo people wake up. Shout "IPOB/drugs", the Yoruba people wake up. And in each case, it is followed by venomous insults.

If you think Yoruba people love Igbo people, ask the mod to push Nnamdi Kanu's story to the front page and enjoy the comments.

/
Don't mind those two face ugly animals, let them continue deceiving themselves.
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by Mbilla(m): 1:32am On Dec 14, 2019
prettyangel10:

Senseless idiot. In Africa , men marry women . In Africa , men paid women dowry. Your Yoruba men are running away from their women ugliness and dirtiness. Even if they give me 100 million dollars to marry a Yoruba woman, I will not collect. Tufiakwa..

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by hokafor(m): 1:34am On Dec 14, 2019
tooth4tooth:

I respect the Yorubas for that, average Igbo man that was raised outside Igbo land can hardly speak Igbo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

World Cup: What Happened In 1966 Is Happening In 2018! / Mbappe Tells PSG He Wants To Leave For Real Madrid After Messi Joins Club / JS Hercules Promotes Daniel Amokachi To Technical Director, Poses With Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.