Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,798 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood (64334 Views)

I For Don Collect My ₦100k Today With Joyous Mood! / Anthony Joshua Bathing For Fragrance Lynx (Photos) / ‘Ewure Oshi’ - Anthony Joshua To Iphone 8 Owners ‘asking Him For Favors’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by Lugianostar(m): 7:07am On Dec 14, 2019
I will never be surprise if he does that because everything is possible if only your desire for it and highly determined to make it happen.

Besides tracing his heritage down to the lost nation called Nigeria was a mirage of it all.

But am still proud to be naija for life despite their heterogenous criminology that is second to none associated with their bad leadership styles.

Imitate our professional body slogan please
"service above self" any time every time.
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by BreconHills(m): 7:08am On Dec 14, 2019
tooth4tooth:
He lived part of his life in Ogun state . He even attended secondary school but I don't know for how long.

I will not be surprised that he speaks. Even some yoruba kids in UK that had never stepped their feet in Nigeria still speak the language fluently.

That is the beauty of being proud of your heritage.

He attended Mayflower Comprehensive in Ogun state. That school also breeds character - Tai Solarins self reliance model.
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by BreconHills(m): 7:11am On Dec 14, 2019
MadamT:

You are right!
My sons are same age group as Anthony Joshua. They’ve never stepped foot in Nigeria but understand and speak a bit of our language.
A lot us parents who migrated from Naija in the 70s and 80s imbibed a lot of our culture in our children. For example, even though my grown sons haven’t been to Nigeria, they know which “swallow” goes with what! They combine amala with ewedu and pounded yam with Egusi. My first son cooks some Naija food expertly. His English fiancée enjoys jollof rice and will tuck in with him to enjoy amala. All of these and more bodes well for my grandchildren as they won’t lose their heritage.

So, I always laugh when I read some posts here making ignorant assertions about “abroad” children. They may be British, American etc. by birth and nationality, but people shouldn’t dispute some of their Naija upbringing cos it is Nigerian people from Nigeria that birthed and brought them up!

Well done! You are a good parent a strong personality and someone your children look to. Even from the short piece you have written, this much is clear. Good to see people around my age here and of course talking sense!

Modified

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by Roon9(m): 7:15am On Dec 14, 2019
tooth4tooth:
He lived part of his life in Ogun state . He even attended secondary school but I don't know for how long.

I will not be surprised that he speaks. Even some yoruba kids in UK that had never stepped their feet in Nigeria still speak the language fluently.

That is the beauty of being proud of your heritage.

Facts only!
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by BreconHills(m): 7:17am On Dec 14, 2019
livebyday:

Omoluabis do not cheat beat angry

Very true. Let facts speak, no need for triumphalism.
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by blacq2009(m): 7:18am On Dec 14, 2019
Our own, our own. There's a real owner.
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by BreconHills(m): 7:22am On Dec 14, 2019
Boringdraw1:
wonder shall-never-end, see person dey form grandmother for Nairaland. Áwön scammers.

This is very insulting entitled and unnecessary. Do you think that there is no one older than 35 on NL. For your information, I have three boys that have completed NYSC. That doesnt make me smarter than anyone else but it does give me a wider perspective than you and that is what makes any group successful - Different views and perspectives

5 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by BreconHills(m): 7:25am On Dec 14, 2019
Livecamp09:

Remove that amaka from Yoruba... It doesn't match the name.. Call him omoluabi Yoruba... I'm glad that his head is not flat like our dear friends from other tribes.. We produce champions but they produce drug traffickers, human traffickers and baby factories... I'm proud to be an omoluabi

Unnecessary. Every tribe has its criminals. All cultures are different but there are meeting points we can celebrate. Insult beget insults. Let's move on from this.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by prettyangel10(f): 7:37am On Dec 14, 2019
Mbilla:
Ezi ohia......I know you poky idiot will mention Lagos of all places because it was Nigeria formal capital and was built with Niger Delta oil money. You primitive fool should get this into your coconut brain that not all Igbos give Bleep about that over popluted slum called Lagos. Lagos is the last place I can think of living in this world, if not the Federal government sea port and international airport in Lagos, 80% of Igbos and other Nigerians have nothing to do in that over popluted slum. Agbero Onyeara

Koshidanu lori mention funmi. Your written English sucks. Cant even put together what you just typed.
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by Ubdavis(m): 7:47am On Dec 14, 2019
And some indigenous strangers would stop thier children from speaking their native language, saying it will affect their English acsent...
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by backbone503(m): 7:53am On Dec 14, 2019
OfoIgbo:
He doesn't look Yoruba at all. Is any of his parents or grand parents non-Yoruba?

Both are

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by livebyday(m): 7:55am On Dec 14, 2019
BreconHills:

Very true. Let facts speak, no need for triumphalism.

Exactly
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by Mbilla(m): 7:56am On Dec 14, 2019
prettyangel10:

Koshidanu lori mention funmi. Your written English sucks. Cant even put together what you just typed.
Anu ofia.. dirty ugly agidinwany fuming prettyangel. English gbukwa gi there

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by BreconHills(m): 8:03am On Dec 14, 2019
livebyday:

Exactly

The more one talks about ones accomplishments, the more it looks like you are surprised by them. Oju o ri ola ri
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by livebyday(m): 8:06am On Dec 14, 2019
BreconHills:

The more one talks about ones accomplishments, the more it looks like you are surprised by them. Oju o ri ola ri

Abi oooo

grin

Well said sir
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by prettyangel10(f): 8:21am On Dec 14, 2019
Mbilla:
Anu ofia.. dirty ugly agidinwany fuming prettyangel. English gbukwa gi there

Lol, e pain am die. , huhuhu. shameless boy.

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by tooth4tooth: 8:26am On Dec 14, 2019
MadamT:

This is one of the reasons I rarely post here. The rudeness and childishness. It’s a shame really, cos people like me could maybe add some positive contributions here and there.

For the record, I don’t have any “pain”. Don’t project your life or the life of someone you know unto me.

You don’t know me. You don’t know my sons. Thank you.

Mama, don't allow them to discourage you from posting useful comments . Consider the youths that are getting inspiration from the power of positivity you are lending the forum.

One of them ,without running background check on what I posted claimed I lied.

I don't dignify those miscreants with response.It makes me feel really good.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by Equation89(m): 8:48am On Dec 14, 2019
So which Nigerian language do you expect him to speak.
Everything is news in Nigeria.
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by tooth4tooth: 8:59am On Dec 14, 2019
hokafor:
I respect the Yorubas for that, average Igbo man that was raised outside Igbo land can hardly speak Igbo.
Not in all cases. I have countless number of Igbo classmates that speak Igbo fluently way back in secondary school,even though they were not brought up in Igbo land. The only exceptions I have then were those ones from mixed tribes
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by Splendor27: 9:10am On Dec 14, 2019
Haters to hell wit u..one of him ur death. ..
God bless Yoruba heritage
God bless aj
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by FocusedB1h(f): 9:16am On Dec 14, 2019
9jahotblog:
that's what I'm thinking too, he doesn't resemble Yorubas at all.
His father is a biracial: half Irish.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by OfoIgbo: 9:25am On Dec 14, 2019
Tembebe:
You people!!!! Kai
Countless of Yorubas look like that na.
If i may ask,what is so special about his looks?
You see such in all tribes.

Well because I have never in my life, met a full-blooded Yoruba that looks like him.
I also suspect BankyW can't be a full-blooded Yoruba.

If Anthony Joshua was a full-blooded Igbo, it will be more believable, but as I have never seen a 100% Yoruba man looking like that, that's why I asked my initial question.

For example, in this Youtube clip, the guy interviewing AJ, looks way more Yoruba with Yoruba mannerisms than AJ. It is very clear the interviewer is 100% Yoruba with the typical Yoruba physical features and genetic traits, commonly displayed by Yorubas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxld08aR4o4
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 14, 2019
What's the big deal? i was born and bred in east london Walthamstow, more than 30 years ago. i speak IGBO fluently. I go to Igboland Every 2 years atleast, from the age of 12. My father made sure of that.
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by cenaman(m): 9:33am On Dec 14, 2019
YorubaPrince:
Dem Fada! Some people tribe na to dey disgrace Nigeria upandan… grin

Yoruba to the world! cool
IPOB youth are synonymous to hatred.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by MadamT(f): 9:48am On Dec 14, 2019
BreconHills:

Well done! You are a good parent a strong personality and someone your children look to. Even from the short piece you have written, this much is clear. Good to see people around my age here and of course talking sense!

Modified

Thanks jare and for your other posts.

Well done to you and your boys on the completion of their NYSC. Higher and higher for them I pray.��
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by olamkas: 9:53am On Dec 14, 2019
9jahotblog:
that's what I'm thinking too, he doesn't resemble Yorubas at all.
Go check is full name, you will see he's Oluwafemi or maybe that sounds Igbo to you
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by Kyllahmc(m): 9:54am On Dec 14, 2019
is he not a Yoruba man? smh
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by MadamT(f): 10:10am On Dec 14, 2019
tooth4tooth:

Mama, don't allow them to discourage you from posting useful comments . Consider the youths that are getting inspiration from the power of positivity you are lending the forum.

One of them ,without running background check on what I posted claimed I lied.

I don't dignify those miscreants with response.It makes me feel really good.

Thanks.

My OP in this thread was actually my second post on NL in 2019. I generally prefer to read in guest mode than get involved.

Yes, best to ignore those with obvious “issues”.

Anyway, to all the good people who have quoted me, thanks. Pls, I’m not ignoring you, just haven’t been able to respond to every single post.

Happy weekend to all!

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by Kennyswagzz: 10:12am On Dec 14, 2019
Mbilla:
Ezi ohia......I know you poky idiot will mention Lagos of all places because it was Nigeria formal capital and was built with Niger Delta oil money. You primitive fool should get this into your coconut brain that not all Igbos give Bleep about that over popluted slum called Lagos. Lagos is the last place I can think of living in this world, if not the Federal government sea port and international airport in Lagos, 80% of Igbos and other Nigerians have nothing to do in that over popluted slum. Agbero Onyeara
what of your people coming to beg in SW? Or is there also airport and seaport in ekiti?gringrin

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by GorkoDimo: 10:13am On Dec 14, 2019
And one of my brother is Proud his kids only speak English. angry
Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by Kennyswagzz: 10:15am On Dec 14, 2019
OfoIgbo:

Well because I have never in my life, met a full-blooded Yoruba that looks like him.
I also suspect BankyW can't be a full-blooded Yoruba.

If Anthony Joshua was a full-blooded Igbo, it will be more believable, but as I have never seen a 100% Yoruba man looking like that, that's why I asked my initial question.

For example, in this Youtube clip, the guy interviewing AJ, looks way more Yoruba with Yoruba mannerisms than AJ. It is very clear the interviewer is 100% Yoruba with the typical Yoruba physical features and genetic traits, commonly displayed by Yorubas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxld08aR4o4

why igbos look like thisgringrin

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Speaking Yoruba Language In Joyous Mood by Karmaisme(m): 10:15am On Dec 14, 2019
superlanny:
Femi, wa gbayi, omoluabi rere ... Yoruba and it's nation always produce the best for Nigeria and the diaspora, name one sector/industry that a yoruba son/daughter is not a Top Dog, is it Entertainment, Boxing, Politics, etc...yorubas are over swagged up abeg, see, after Yoruba, comes others.... Eni ti o ba fe sofo, fi opolo soro si mi o.

Koni baje fun e omoluabi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EPL: Details Of Man City’s Contract For Cristiano Ronaldo Revealed / Obafemi Martins' Mansion And Cars In Lagos (Photos) / Jay Jay Okocha And Diego Maradona At 67th FIFA Congress (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.