Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,425 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

“how To Avoid Losing Your Money” "the Firstbank N100billion Offer" - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / “how To Avoid Losing Your Money” "the Firstbank N100billion Offer" (1600 Views)

High Court Freezes Ifeanyi Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts Over N100billion Debt / Firstbank Achieves 100m Monthly Transactions / Man Dies After Losing Money To Lotto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“how To Avoid Losing Your Money” "the Firstbank N100billion Offer" by ppanther(m): 6:18am On May 26, 2007
Hello Folks.

The much-talked about FirstBank public offer is finally out.

As usual, a lot of “Stock Exchange gurus” are falling over themselves to
tell us how good (or bad)  it is as an investment.

First of all, let me assure you I am NOT a guru.

Anybody who knows a bit about the Stock Exchange will proudly tell you
that there’s a very thin line between investing in stocks and gambling.

The real truth is: NOBODY can guarantee that FirstBank will make you
a millionaire or not. NOBODY is sure whether they are going to multiply
the shares with another One-for-One bonus this time around.

But, you may wonder, WHY on Earth am I telling you all this?

Because I want you to make the choice YOURSELF. Investing in any
Stock, even in a blue-chip stock like FirstBank, is still a RISK.

Are you willing to take that risk? Only YOU can decide.
Whether your investment succeeds or bombs, YOU are the one
Responsible, not any guru, broker, …and certainly not your
family and friends who advised you in good faith!

“But”, you ask again, “ I thought this article was going to tell me some
Facts about the FirstBank offer”

Sure. Here we go. Let’s keep it short and simple.

1. Even though the official target is N100 billion, FirstBank is actually
Aiming for TWICE that figure (N200billion)
Translation: The shares are going to be oversubscribed.

2. The deadline of June 21, 2007 may NOT be extended (Check out the
Ominous clock counting down at the website!)

3. The official website for the offer is www.naijabigoffer.com

4. The form you print from the website can be used to purchase the shares.
Don’t let anyone convince you otherwise!

5. The key reasons for this offer are: (a) Branch Network Expansion
(b) Investment in subsidiaries and (c) Increasing the number of Automated Teller Machines
(so you don’t have to sleep in the bank to get your money, as was the case in the FirstBank of yore!)

(Note: You still have to read the prospectus to further educate yourself.)

6 The price is N33 per share and you can buy a minimum of 500 units (that is N16,500)

So there are the basic facts you need to know. Now think about it squarely: think about your current financial situation. Are you satisfied with your level of investment? If so, move on. If not, go NOW to www.naijabigoffer.com, print out the form and go to the
FirstBank branch nearest to you. It's really as simple as that.

Whatever you decide, I wish you all the best.

Sincerely,

Winston
(08053005123 Text only please)

P.S. Just another thing, after you’ve printed out the form from www.naijabigoffer.com , be so kind and write this number at the
Top of the form: FPO2001856201
P.P.S. What the number means? FPO means FirstBank Public Offer. 18562 is my Staff Number (Yes, I’m an employee of the Elephant! Though I’ve tried to be objective enough!)
P.P.P.S. Paying into that account will mean you’ve appreciated the time I spent to tell you about this offer and that
you are helping me meet my target. I have a marketing target to meet for the Elephant. Together we can make it win-win!God bless you.
Re: “how To Avoid Losing Your Money” "the Firstbank N100billion Offer" by femlaj(f): 9:03pm On May 28, 2007
i like the way you have structured this, people need to make informed decisions, adverts for POs rarely ever give full details. welldone
Re: “how To Avoid Losing Your Money” "the Firstbank N100billion Offer" by cheexy: 10:58pm On May 28, 2007
Your post iswonderful. I am tempted to actually advice a friendof mine with serious loose cash to help you meet your target. Well done!!!

(1) (Reply)

Start-up Advice For A Drive-in Theatre / A Company Needs Mack And Man Diesel Trucks For Hire Urgently / Which Bank Has The Best Customer Service In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.