Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,578 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Life After - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life After (516 Views)

Expired Ashawo Shares What Happened To Her Life After She Quit The Business / Life After NYSC- A True Life Experience / You Will Change The Way You Live Your Life After Reading This Emotional Write Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life After by AquaristKing: 12:00pm On Dec 13, 2019
"If you don't work, you won't eat" they say.
Mike being a graduate of UNN, fresh out & clean! Felt life was some bed of roses haven been dependent on his parents on his stay in UNN.
The parents facing financial crises made him see the other side of life
He saw the need to work hard & be successful. He grinded day and night (Being the First male child) to meet the responsibility of his siblings which were gradually piling right beneath him. In his course of struggle, he met the good & bad: of which the bad were majority.
Whenever, Mike worked hard and couldn't meet up his target, he would drown himself in beer and flame himself up with marijuana to relieve himself of the thoughts that he's failed. Gradually, Mike became famous for his 'do or die' hustle. Gangs and cliques wanted him amongst 'em. (He was that famous) as he knew almost everyone on the street- "connection" they tagged it.
Mike dined with the street Lords, street slaves & everyone hustling. He was that free.
Being a Bright student during his University days, his own techniques of hustling was new and clean unlike the Stone age techniques the others used.
Hours became days, days became weeks, weeks became month. Mike moved to the top of the food chain, numerous subjects who remitted from their proceeds.
Did I say Mike was a Marijuana and a semi- drug dealer? Yes, he was. This groomed a lot of envy and enemies. His time of involvement into the 'bussiness' was lesser but his experience was way high ahead of all.
Re: Life After by AquaristKing: 12:11pm On Dec 13, 2019
Others. He was a notorious risk taker! There was a time he'd committed crime just to be arrested so he'd sell to the inmates in prison. He was that bent on the " if you don't take risks, you'll have no experience to gather and no tales to tell".
He was a major risk taker and was well known in the street for that.
Mike settled his family off. They were far away abroad while he stayed behind to compete.
One famous enemy Mike had was his own stubbornness. He was so very stubborn, he once hit the chief warder who tried to separate him from a fight and that earned him two more years to the five years he was sentenced to. Mike wasn't a weakling and he hated being referred to as one, he once killed one of his numerous side chicks who jokingly called him that. Bloody hoe! He had whispered after the fall out
Mike made friends but had a lot of enemies. "It's the game" he would always say anytime he receives update on how his enemies gun his own men down.
Confidence was one thing Mike never lacked even if he was going to die for it. And the over confidence once led to his near-death escape the day he was shot at close to his heart. How he survived that? was still a miracle. He had been heard on several occasions confidently saying "the bullet wey hit my heart wey no kill me, mean say nothing fit kill me". Ego was one thing any street Lord shouldn't lack. It was the way they make themselves feel better after a fight..
Re: Life After by AquaristKing: 12:14pm On Dec 13, 2019
Either they did win or lose. It was a natural phenomenon that can't be altered.
As time went by, Mike invested in politics. Infact, he was a forerunner for any Aluta cases during his University days. He had on several occasions contested for several positions and had won. Although, he lost the position of the Student's President he had eyes on twice! But "na so GOD want am" his favorite quote, he uses to console himself anytime.
Mike was ever generous and so he had the love, support and prayers of his people, so much so he was chieftain the "Obiaagu of Obi kingdom" meaning the Lion heart of Obi kingdom.
He started with contesting for his own Local government representative at the state assembly of which he did win with a wide margin. His love for politics and his wishes to explore politics deepened the more. He headed straight for the Red Chambers (Senate). Now, he needed his money to grow the support for him as he had to involve all other local government so as to win the seat. It was really tough for him but "Money answereth a poor man's prayer".
Destiny not altered, he won! He was so very much glad he declared 3days feast to celebrate (he was that wealthy).
Tho,he needed a clean source of business to tender before contesting for any political position. Being a smart guy, he had suspended his illegal businesses and decided to invest in importing electronics. He was well known in the whole of Western China.
During his time in the Senate, he was loved by the people
Re: Life After by AquaristKing: 1:01pm On Dec 13, 2019
Having presented bills that were good & very much beneficial to the masses.
His tenure expired and the people didn't want to loose such a black diamond amongst other jewel. So they advocated and solicited to the president to offer him a ministerial position in a high rank ministry as he was that intelligent and capable.
The list was complete but due to masses desire and campaign, he had to be included. Which means that one person had to be dropped! The man who was dropped was Ambassador Kingsley, a well know politician, who was a one-time Governor and a political godfather to Cazorla, one of the fierce enemies Mike had when he was still active in his illegal businesses.
This rekindled the flames of anger, rage & revenge in Kingsley as Mike had one time implicated him, which made him get the jail sentence of 25 years imprisonment!
How furious he was when he heard the news that his godfather had been dropped because of Mike.
He sent signals round his territory to declare war on Mike, it was time to dig out the buried hatchet, and to wake up the sleeping dog.
One of the duties of a minister is the interstate movement to oversee the subjects under one's ministry.
It was on this interstate movement Mike had his first encounter with Cazorla after he had stopped his illegal businesses. It was a flash encounter. Although Mike saw him and immediately knew there was going to be a problem. He swung right to action and decided to call his deputy as to inform that there was war..
Re: Life After by Faruq05: 4:33pm On Dec 13, 2019
U never disappoint the pen..kudos man�
Re: Life After by AquaristKing: 1:41am On Dec 18, 2019
Faruq05:
U never disappoint the pen..kudos man�

thanks Man..
Re: Life After by AquaristKing: 1:42am On Dec 18, 2019
please I need y'all to comment, so I'd know if I should progress or not.
Re: Life After by Dybala11(m): 1:12am On Dec 23, 2019
AquaristKing:
please I need y'all to comment, so I'd know if I should progress or not.
please continue

(1) (Reply)

52 Transition Words And Phrases To Keep Your Writing Whole And Well Knit. / Epilogue “i Love You, But…” / Get Any Literature Novel Now!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.