Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Avoid Cars45.com - They'll Price Your Car Extremely Low Price. Its A Sham. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Avoid Cars45.com - They'll Price Your Car Extremely Low Price. Its A Sham. (3564 Views)

Cars45 Or Jiji , Which Is Better For Buying A Good Car. / Cars45, Do They Actually Buy Your Car In 45 Minutes? – By Autojosh / How Does Cars45 Make Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avoid Cars45.com - They'll Price Your Car Extremely Low Price. Its A Sham. by lagosbaby3: 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2019
Cars45.com is a SHAM. Forget them. A mirage. Something too good to be true. Their advert states that they check your car, offer you a price, if you agree, they pay you in 45mins. Its a sham.

They forget to tell you the ridiculous foolish and low end price they'll offer. Forget it even if its their ethics.
I think its best for them to produce the cars themselves and sell to the public than looking for heavily desperate Nigerians to sell them cars.

Here is our story. We took our COMPANY BUS to CARS45.COM today to try to sell a DIRECT BELGIUM Foreign Used Bus.
Our company actually bought this bus for N1,380,000 from our dealer about 8 months ago. Only for our company to park this car for just 8 months without usage and not registered yet.

CARS45.COM Team decided to EVALUATE the car. Their evaluation is the biggest scamming gimmick ever. They take pictures, check the engine and everything and gave us a price offer of N53,000. Yes N53,000. LOL.

At first, they uploaded it on your cars45.com dashboard and claim the BUS would go into live auction. The live auction consist of their in-house staff that values a car. This is their gimmick. CARS45.COM gave us a price offer with their useless auction platform of N53,000 at first, then the auction went up to N72,000, again, it went to N75,000 and again, it went to N99,000. This auction usually last for 15mins. At the end the auction went to N127,000. This was their 'final busstop'. WE LAUGHED and LAUGHED like we brought tomatoes or crayfish to sell to them. No they were not joking, they said its that's their last offer.

Yes, you might say, its their price, its good for me to reject it and walk away. But hey, someone has to say this. How on earth would you make an offer of N127,000 for a 2001 Foreign Used Direct Tokunbo with Engine and clean chasis. They even test-drove the vehicle.

A vehicle we paid N389,000 custom fee fr clearance. A vehicle our dealer bought from Italy direct . YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE TO PAY FOR SO MANY CHARGES before getting the BUS to your doorstep in our COMPANY OFFICE.

Custom Charges + Clearance + Bus purchase + Dealer Fees and Miscellaneous amounted to N1,380,000

cars45.com offer N53,000 - HAHAHAHAHA

DID I MANUFACTURE THE BUS in our COMPANY? A Bus with little defects due to 8months parking, rusting on the side.

If they were really interested and really 'BUYING CARS' as they claimed, their starting price would have been N600K, N700K, 800K Price offer which would have been reasonable. I understand its their business but you see, its a gimmick and they are taking advantage of desperate Nigerians who wants to sell their car to them as a token and they inflate the price to BUYERS and claim its cheap for their selfish profit.

The ridiculous sham acts by CARS45.COM is that they leverage on Nigerians who are desperately in need to sell their cars to them by tapping into into the harsh economy of Nigerians who wishes to sell their car at any given price they offer.

ADVICE: Do not take your car to sell to CAR45.COM and do not BUY from CARS.45.COM

REASON 1: Do not sell to them. Place your car with a dealer and arrange a parking fee with them and sell. (We did this and have sold the BUS already.)

REASON 2: Do not buy from them even though thy claim its cheap. Its not worth it.

DISCLAIMER: The image uploaded here is an exact frame of the vehicle they inspected due to privacy reasons.

4 Likes

Re: Avoid Cars45.com - They'll Price Your Car Extremely Low Price. Its A Sham. by bigkuba(m): 9:54pm On Dec 13, 2019
I feel you bro but did u try to find out why your car was priced that way, though that price is ridiculous but I'll explain why, that car was really placed on auction, and they have registered dealers who bid for them and did your try to know the rating of your car after it was inspected and graded, if your car was graded "E" then defiantly it would be priced very low, don't just conclude the company is a scam, them price u market and u no gree, simple carry your market go another place, this so called dealers stand u talked about are worst, they inflate price and try to make more money from u not minding how long the car stays at their stand, Try selling through Jiji it's better

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Avoid Cars45.com - They'll Price Your Car Extremely Low Price. Its A Sham. by RichDad1(m): 10:11pm On Dec 13, 2019
If you agreed to sell to them, few days later, they’ll put same car up for sale at nothing less than #1m.
They’re nothing but rippers.

13 Likes

Re: Avoid Cars45.com - They'll Price Your Car Extremely Low Price. Its A Sham. by bluebay(m): 10:12pm On Dec 13, 2019
It's not possible though to sell that bus above 1M because first, it's not a popular make and you have to put the Availability of spare part into consideration and secondly, Only passenger vehicles to have value now days. This one is for goods transportation which people won't will go for coy of the make as stated before
Re: Avoid Cars45.com - They'll Price Your Car Extremely Low Price. Its A Sham. by ndcide(m): 11:06pm On Dec 13, 2019
May be I should try cars45. I believe I'll get a good car for 80k

1 Like

Re: Avoid Cars45.com - They'll Price Your Car Extremely Low Price. Its A Sham. by Lexusgs430: 6:11am On Dec 14, 2019
A thread already exists...... Why duplicate?......
Re: Avoid Cars45.com - They'll Price Your Car Extremely Low Price. Its A Sham. by lagosbaby3: 7:21am On Dec 14, 2019
bigkuba:
I feel you bro but did u try to find out why your car was priced that way, though that price is ridiculous but I'll explain why, that car was really placed on auction, and they have registered dealers who bid for them and did your try to know the rating of your car after it was inspected and graded, if your car was graded "E" then defiantly it would be priced very low, don't just conclude the company is a scam, them price u market and u no gree, simple carry your market go another place, this so called dealers stand u talked about are worst, they inflate price and try to make more money from u not minding how long the car stays at their stand, Try selling through Jiji it's better

YES the Bus was graded E.
But my brother think na. A BUS with confirmed custom papers. A bus we bought directly imported from Italy. This one no be Benin Border o. Lol.. A bus not Nigerian Used. A Bus we bought just 8 months ago.

They obviously said the BUS doesn't 'move market'. It obviously doesnt make sense. To price a Bus N127,000 when we spent over N1 m for it.
Its better you tell me we are not interested in buying it. I would just walk away with our Company Bus.

How much is the tire?
How much is the engine?
How much is the Gear Box?
How much is the customs papers?
How much did we pay for import duties and specific stuffs to get it. Nna Think am?

YES I know its good for me to walk away and leave. But think again. How can you say N127,000 as offer? Thats a rip off. Its a sham and a scam. CAR45.COM is a scam leveraging on desperate Nigerians to sell their vehicles.

If they had said something reasonable, I would have reason it. Why not N500K, N600K or even N800K we were not looking for a good price for it after all as its been longed parked in our company quarters for bout 8 months. They even saw the date when it entered Nigeria and confirmed the Custom Papers. They said N53,000 starting price. Nna think am na? E NOR MAKE SENSE NA. THEM BE THIEF ABEG. N53,000 STARTING PRICE FOR FIAT DUCATO. THUNDER FIRE THEM.

5 Likes

Re: Avoid Cars45.com - They'll Price Your Car Extremely Low Price. Its A Sham. by lagosbaby3: 7:24am On Dec 14, 2019
Exactly my point. I even saw a 2016 FIAT DUCATO put up on their website for N10,000,000. Yes Ten Million Naira. I wonder how much they bought it from the poor seller. Maybe N300K. LOL. Our Fiat Ducato which is still clean just like the pic I dropped here was priced for N53,000. Na only God go punish them. So I should sell to them for N53,000 or manageable N127,000 and the next day , they would put up the price to N1m. It shall not be well with CARS45.COM.

RichDad1:
If you agreed to sell to them, few days later, they’ll put same car up for sale at nothing less than #1m.
They’re nothing but rippers.

3 Likes

Re: Avoid Cars45.com - They'll Price Your Car Extremely Low Price. Its A Sham. by lagosbaby3: 7:24am On Dec 14, 2019
HAHAHAHA.
ndcide:
May be I should try cars45. I believe I'll get a good car for 80k

1 Like

Re: Avoid Cars45.com - They'll Price Your Car Extremely Low Price. Its A Sham. by Fixed: 2:50pm On Apr 20, 2020
bluebay:
It's not possible though to sell that bus above 1M because first, it's not a popular make and you have to put the Availability of spare part into consideration and secondly, Only passenger vehicles to have value now days. This one is for goods transportation which people won't will go for coy of the make as stated before

All of the things you wrote here are very wrong. You obviously have no idea of this bus.
Re: Avoid Cars45.com - They'll Price Your Car Extremely Low Price. Its A Sham. by dicksonadams(m): 5:14pm On Apr 20, 2020
Beware
Re: Avoid Cars45.com - They'll Price Your Car Extremely Low Price. Its A Sham. by buygala(m): 6:18pm On Apr 20, 2020
Op, if your company just bought the bus some months ago, why was it parked that long and not put into use? ...and if it was put into use and later parked, why was it parked?...

You say your company bought a perfectly working bus toks, parked it for months,and then as father Christmas wey dem be, they decided to give away the perfectly working bus via bonanza to Cars45 sad....

Oga op, please we are not kids here. .Explain to us with sufficient proof why your company bought a vehicle only to turn it to compound furniture..also tell us why since you think the bus is the best thing after sliced bread, why didn't you buy it yourself, or by proxy so ur company no go suspect say u dey thief their money, or get someone to buy the bus from the company? .....of all the places in this life to sell a Toks perfectly working bus, na only Cars45 you see, and you think we shouldn't suspect you and your company undecided

Cars45 is a shitty company no doubt, but this your story get k-leg...

Start by showing us real pics of the bus so we can judge by ourselves if it's even worth 5k, and then show us proof full duty was paid for that bus...because if it isn't, Bros, then whoever is buying that bus risks it being impounded....I am quite sure Cars45 assessors would have noticed that and factored it into their pricing...

And no....you don't have to sound so entitled like a spoilt baby...They didn't put a gun to your head forcing you to accept their price...if e no do you, just vamoose with your property.....Cars45 isn't there to sing lullaby for you...They are in business to make profit...You can call them Shylocks or whatever...but the truth is that being a Shylock isn't a crime..... Simply avoid that place if settling all your family problems rest on selling one car grin

Besides sef, how are we even sure all what you have stated happened...or that it even happened in the manner you stated?

4 Likes

Re: Avoid Cars45.com - They'll Price Your Car Extremely Low Price. Its A Sham. by udemzyudex(m): 8:47pm On Apr 20, 2020
buygala:
Op, if your company just bought the bus some months ago, why was it parked that long and not put into use? ...and if it was put into use and later parked, why was it parked?...

You say your company bought a perfectly working bus toks, parked it for months,and then as father Christmas wey dem be, they decided to give away the perfectly working bus via bonanza to Cars45 sad....

Oga op, please we are not kids here. .Explain to us with sufficient proof why your company bought a vehicle only to turn it to compound furniture..also tell us why since you think the bus is the best thing after sliced bread, why didn't you buy it yourself, or by proxy so ur company no go suspect say u dey thief their money, or get someone to buy the bus from the company? .....of all the places in this life to sell a Toks perfectly working bus, na only Cars45 you see, and you think we shouldn't suspect you and your company undecided

Start by showing us real pics of the bus so we can judge by ourselves if it's even worth 5k, and then show us proof full duty was paid for that but...because if it isn't, Bros, then whoever is buying that bus risks it being impounded....I am quite sure Cars45 assessors would have noticed that and factored it into their pricing...

And no....you don't have to sound so entitled like a spoilt baby...They didn't put a gun to your head forcing you to accept their price...if e no do you, just vamoose with your property.....Cars45 isn't there to sing lullaby for you...They are in business to make profit...You can call them Shylocks or whatever...but the truth is that being a Shylock isn't a crime..... Simply avoid that place if settling all your family problems rest on selling one car grin

Besides sef, how are we even sure all what you have stated happened...or that it even happened in the manner you stated?

Forget all this story.

Even a Nigerian used bus that have engine problem, even if it is a major fix like changing the engine can't be sold for #53k.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid Cars45.com - They'll Price Your Car Extremely Low Price. Its A Sham. by buygala(m): 5:26am On Apr 21, 2020
udemzyudex:

Forget all this story.

Even a Nigerian used bus that have engine problem, even if it is a major fix like changing the engine can't be sold for #53k.

Go to Oshodi in Lagos and buy all those scrap Danfos for 53k each since you are such a nice guy with enough money to throw away grin

Unless you have seen and tested the bus op is talking about, or have proof that you were there with him at Car45 office to sell the said bus, then you have absolutely nothing to say....

Btw sef....according to the op, the final price offered by Cars45 for the said bus was 127k...

e be like say you no even read the story sef grin...I should not have replied you

1 Like

Re: Avoid Cars45.com - They'll Price Your Car Extremely Low Price. Its A Sham. by udemzyudex(m): 6:39am On Apr 21, 2020
buygala:

Go to Oshodi in Lagos and buy all those scrap Danfos for 53k each since you are such a nice guy with enough money to throw away grin

Unless you have seen and tested the bus op is talking about, or have proof that you were there with him at Car45 office to sell the said bus, then you have absolutely nothing to say....

Btw sef....according to the op, the final price offered by Cars45 for the said bus was 127k...

e be like say you no even read the story sef grin...I should not have replied you

I can see you find it very difficult to understand things,read my post again for better understanding.

I ask you can you buy a bus even if you have to replace the engine for that amount?

It is not all about composing long note, in fact at the end of it you still didn't make any sense just because you didn't understand my first post.

3 Likes

Re: Avoid Cars45.com - They'll Price Your Car Extremely Low Price. Its A Sham. by diportivo: 6:43pm On Apr 22, 2020
some people have not tried to desperately sell their cars to regular car dealers

if they have ever tried doing that,the cars45 model wont baffle them

all this brouhaha,I no sabi

dealers bid on the live auction and not staff....but,what do I know

they wont force u to sell,they also wont force u to buy undecided

iv sold 3 cars to them

the price was okay by me and I did business with them

if u cant deal,walk away and stop whining angry
Re: Avoid Cars45.com - They'll Price Your Car Extremely Low Price. Its A Sham. by revilomichaels(m): 9:32pm On Apr 22, 2020
buygala:

Start by showing us real pics of the bus so we can judge by ourselves if it's even worth 5k, and then show us proof full duty was paid for that bus...because if it isn't, Bros, then whoever is buying that bus risks it being impounded....I am quite sure Cars45 assessors would have noticed that and factored it into their pricing...

You are smart but learn how to make good points without insulting or talking down on people.
It’s paramount

(1) (Reply)

Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start. / The Mercedes S Class History. / What Is And Isn't A Muscle Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.