Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 (2915 Views)

Ameachi, Others Who Contested For APC Ticket Are Yet To Recover - Aisha Buhari / See IPOB Reaction When Deji Supported The One Week Sit At Home. PHOTOS / Damian Opara Resigns As Imo PDP Publicity Secretary, Joins APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by Sagtop: 2:42pm On Dec 14, 2019
Deji Adeyanju, the aclaimed human rights activist and twitter warlord once contested for PDP Publicity secretary few years ago.

Below is his poster back then

MY PLEDGE
My name is Prince Deji Adeyanju and I have been a member of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) for several years. I am a firm believer in its principles and ideals. I also believe that PDP is the only truly national party in Nigeria and is, therefore, best placed to deliver successful achievement of the collective ideals and aspirations of the Nigerian people.

While I recognise that the party is by no means perfect, I am aware that over the years it has deepened democracy in the country and has contributed immensely to the growth and development of Nigeria as a whole.

Following the defeat PDP suffered in the last general elections, and the zoning of the office of the National Publicity Secretary (NPS) to the North Central Region of the country, I have decided to contest for the office and a place on the National Working Committee of the party.

I believe I possess the skills, ability and the personality to make an outstanding contribution to the task of improving the image of the party. It is for this reason that I solicit the support of all members of the party as I work to actualise this ambition.

In return for your support, I pledge to give my best in the day-to-day activities of the office. I pledge to ensure that the image of the party, the protection and polishing of which is the objective of the Directorate of Publicity, will be significantly better at the end of my tenure than the way I met it. I pledge to execute my duties with exemplary discipline and dedication to duty.

In return for your support, I pledge to bring a new way of doing things to the Publicity Secretariat of the party. I pledge to lead a revolution that will not only strengthen the faith that members and supporters have in the party, but which will also convince millions of Nigerians that as a party PDP has their best interests at heart and is the most viable vehicle with which to deliver on our collective dreams & aspirations.
https://www.herald.ng/contesting-publicity-secretary-pdp-deji-adeyanju/amp/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by ghettokid1(m): 2:49pm On Dec 14, 2019
Wise man
Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by Sirjamo: 2:51pm On Dec 14, 2019
Every failed politician always end up as activist or Twitter Ninja, e.g Dino, Sani, Fayose, Deji, Sowore.....

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by helinues: 2:56pm On Dec 14, 2019
grin

Guy man himself
Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by Kestolove(m): 2:58pm On Dec 14, 2019
E for try again
Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by jahsharon: 3:01pm On Dec 14, 2019
Sagtop:
Deji Adeyanju, the aclaimed human rights activist and twitter warlord once contested for PDP Publicity secretary few years ago.

If he is truly a human rights activist, let him go and join Sowore in prison in solidarity. When they lose elections, they become human rights activists overnight. Major General Muhammadu Buhari will deal with you all

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by Jasen1(m): 3:04pm On Dec 14, 2019
Anybody wey think he is fighting for his right de waste time

Dude use activist to stay relevant
If APC present opportunity he will contest no time

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 14, 2019
Nigeria is a failed state where everyone is fighting for self interest
Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by Afamed: 3:21pm On Dec 14, 2019
I really don't know how people fall for this PDP card carrying member as an activist.

4 Likes

Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by Okoroawusa: 3:33pm On Dec 14, 2019
Jasen1:
Anybody wey think he is fighting for his right de waste time

Dude use activist to stay relevant
If APC present opportunity he will contest no time
Before nko? Bills must be paid
Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by Sagtop: 3:33pm On Dec 14, 2019
Lol...His nyash don open grin grin

1 Like

Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by RoyalUc(m): 3:45pm On Dec 14, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Before nko? Bills must be paid

Bros, what happened to; 'good name is better than wealth?'
grin
Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by RoyalUc(m): 3:46pm On Dec 14, 2019
Afamed:
I really don't know how people fall for this PDP card carrying member as an activist.

It beats my imagination...
Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by trutht828: 4:12pm On Dec 14, 2019
Sirjamo:
Every failed politician always end up as activist or Twitter Ninja, e.g Dino, Sani, Fayose, Deji, Sowore.....

That doesn't change the fact that what they are saying about the dullard is not true

1 Like

Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by Stalwert: 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2019
Sirjamo:

Emergency activist is the last resort of a failed political career.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:47pm On Dec 14, 2019
Reminds me when Buhari lost elections
Crying up and down, promising heaven and earth, forming activist, alas he turned out to be a power hungry dictator.

jahsharon:

If he is truly a human rights activist, let him go and join Sowore in prison in solidarity. When they lose elections, they become human rights activists overnight. Major General Muhammadu Buhari will deal with you all

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by contigiency(m): 6:18pm On Dec 14, 2019
kallmemrB:
Nigeria is a failed state where everyone is fighting for self interest

Nigeria is not and will never be a failed state.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by Flier: 6:22pm On Dec 14, 2019
trutht828:

That doesn't change the fact that what they are saying about the dullard is not true
This your English nearly twist my medulla oblongata

1 Like

Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by Okoroawusa: 6:24pm On Dec 14, 2019
RoyalUc:

Bros, what happened to; 'good name is better than wealth?' grin
After paying bills
Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by DIKEnaWAR: 6:40pm On Dec 14, 2019
And it is giving you sleepless nights?

1 Like

Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by RoyalUc(m): 7:08pm On Dec 14, 2019
Okoroawusa:

After paying bills

grin
Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by trutht828: 7:17pm On Dec 14, 2019
Flier:
This your English nearly twist my medulla oblongata

Thank God it didn't

1 Like

Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by Sagtop: 9:05pm On Dec 14, 2019
Seun, lalasticlala, Mynd_44 This threas deserves to be in front page to correct media houses that refer to Deji Adeyanju as Human Rights activist. We need to set the records straight please undecided
Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by RisMas(m): 3:47am On Dec 15, 2019
Sagtop:

https://www.herald.ng/contesting-publicity-secretary-pdp-deji-adeyanju/amp/

shocked shocked shocked cool
Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by oyatz(m): 5:52am On Dec 15, 2019
Political and Human rights activists can belong to ANY political party they like, including the PDP.

Afamed:
Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by Afamed: 8:19am On Dec 15, 2019
oyatz:
Political and Human rights activists can belong to ANY political party they like, including the PDP.

Stop saying rubbish. Activists are apolitical. How can you, like Adeyanju ,who once contested for post in PDP years ago, claimed to an activist.. Is it possible to serve 2 masters at the same time?
Immediately you join politics, you drop your activism.
Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by Josiel: 8:28am On Dec 15, 2019
[s]
Afamed:

You lied. Activists are apolitical. How can you, like Adeyanju ,who once contested for post in PDP years ago, claimed to an activist.
[/s]
Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by Sagtop: 11:05am On Dec 15, 2019
Afamed:

Stop saying rubbish. Activists are apolitical. How can you, like Adeyanju ,who once contested for post in PDP years ago, claimed to an activist.. Is it possible to serve 2 masters at the same time?

His picture with Dasuki during the PDP days

Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by solmusdesigns: 11:16am On Dec 15, 2019
grin

even segalink is PDP we sabi them for street na

Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 15, 2019
Afamed:

Bruv, are Nigerians gullible? No doubt. They may even be the most gullible people in the world. How can Adeyanju, a cultist once locked up for murder, now be attempting to reinvent himself as an 'activist'? The same Adeyanju who has frolicked with Politics and got in bed with many of our political elite, trying to curry favours, is now an 'activist' on the side of justice and equity? Nothing we will not see in Nigeria and nothing desperados like Adeyanju will not attempt and get away with in Nigeria.
Re: Throwback: When Deji Adeyanju Contested For PDP Publicity Secretary In 2016 by oyatz(m): 11:40am On Dec 15, 2019
Fighting for People's and Human rights doesn't mean you can't belong to a political party.

During the colonial era, Herbert Macaulay was an activist and a politician.

The late Chief Gani Fawehinmi was a staunch Human rights activist. He also founded a political party and contested for the Presidency.

In the USA, Rev Jesse Jackson is a popular activist and a politician.

Afamed:

(1) (2) (Reply)

‘Igbo Will Never Fight War Again’ / Nigeria's Communication Minister Was Thrown Out Of The Mosque / Ariaria Reconstruction, See The Development Four Weeks Before December Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.