Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen (4523 Views)

Please My Phone Was Stolen And I Got A Message / Has Any One Bought Infinix Smart Tv ? / Charging A New Bought Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by aminusodiq(m): 9:48am On Dec 15, 2019
maynattion:

Walahi I've forgotten fa. grin
But what are you keenly following?
following because of d mentions i read hear nd hear... So i presume, dis maynation must b an intelligent lad... I read most of ur coments to juxtapos my assertions!!! I like elites!!!
Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by LilSmith55(m): 9:58am On Dec 15, 2019
Nchetttaa:
Please, Someone help me.. How can I track my stolen phone down? Or block it from usage? The Imei number is 358103109064469 or 358103109064477..

I would really appreciate who will help me out, its really annoying and frustrating, to think I saved up to buy this phone, only to be picked pocket while we were struggling to enter bus at fire service, Enugu.

My Girlfriend bought this same phone on 22 November, last month and was stolen with this same process (While struggling for bus at Sango Bus Stop, Ibadan) even though I've warned her soo many times because of this phone theft at that particular place to stop struggling for bus once it's 7:30pm and take bike or take another route, but oversabi no go let her hear word. Sha the phone was stolen on 26th of November, just 6 days of usage.... we went to police station, ddm say make we bring 20k, I just call her go outside ask her how much e remain to buy another phone just 16k... na like dat we take comot ooo

We even met a girl at the police station that has pay 20k to find a phone of 29k that was stolen since February...
Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by ArticleBeast: 9:59am On Dec 15, 2019
Mustiboy:
First, remove those IMEI numbers from here
Second, visit your nearest police station with your phone pack and receipt and lodge your complaint.
You will be charged between 15-20k. Don't worry, pay for it. When the culprit has been arrested, he will bare all the charges for all you Spend.
How much be the infinix hot 8 wey she go spend this kain money ontop plus stress

1 Like

Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by respect80(m): 10:02am On Dec 15, 2019
maynattion:

He didn't discourage her. He rather made a good point.
It's not guaranteed she is ever going to see the phone after spending 15-20k, why not just save and buy a new one?
Why waste the little she has?

Honestly, I feel sad that most people don't know how frustrating this issue of police tracking a stolen mobile phone can be.
Giving out that 15 or 20k to them is like saying more beer to their potbellied officers and more shawama to their girlfriends.
If it's that easy, we would be reading several reports of how phone thieves were tracked and arrested on NL everyday considering the number of phones that are being stolen all over the country per day.
Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by Timileyin1234(m): 10:04am On Dec 15, 2019
aminusodiq:
following because of d mentions i read hear nd hear... So i presume, dis maynation must b an intelligent lad... I read most of ur coments to juxtapos my assertions!!! I like elites!!!
Pls go straight to the pointundecided

1 Like

Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by respect80(m): 10:18am On Dec 15, 2019
LilSmith55:

My Girlfriend bought this same phone on 22 November, last month and was stolen with this same process (While struggling for bus at Sango Bus Stop, Ibadan) even though I've warned her soo many times because of this phone theft at that particular place to stop struggling for bus once it's 7:30pm and take bike or take another route, but oversabi no go let her hear word. Sha the phone was stolen on 26th of November, just 6 days of usage.... we went to police station, ddm say make we bring 20k, I just call her go outside ask her how much e remain to buy another phone just 16k... na like dat we take comot ooo

We even met a girl at the police station that has pay 20k to find a phone of 29k that was stolen since February...

What a coincidence cheesy

Imagine some1 paying 20k to track a phone worth 29 wey no go still come out cheesy cheesy grin
If man mistakenly marry that kind lady ehn... Him go hear am. Imagine that kind, "burn down the house to catch a mouse mentality"...
Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by seanwilliam(m): 10:32am On Dec 15, 2019
Timileyin1234:

I’m from Oyo state tho
so what Bobo no dey beat the Bush go straight to the point grin
Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by seanwilliam(m): 10:34am On Dec 15, 2019
aminusodiq:
egbenuya soun!!
Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by maynattion(f): 10:39am On Dec 15, 2019
seanwilliam:
egbenuya soun!!

Timileyin1234:

Enemies of progress.
grin
Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by maynattion(f): 10:40am On Dec 15, 2019
aminusodiq:

I hope I won't disappoint you one day sha.
grin
Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by Timileyin1234(m): 10:42am On Dec 15, 2019
seanwilliam:
egbenuya soun!!
If I cash u enh. I don leave her for u people

Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by Cutehector(m): 10:49am On Dec 15, 2019
Why e be say phone too dey loss for lady hand?
Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by aminusodiq(m): 11:16am On Dec 15, 2019
maynattion:

I hope I won't disappoint you one day sha.
grin
lol... We human... We get sarcastic at times nd sometime we go offpoint!!! We ar never perfect...but We shldnt fall below average
Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by aminusodiq(m): 11:17am On Dec 15, 2019
seanwilliam:
egbenuya soun!!
olodo... Its gbe enu e soun!!! Simple yoruba u cannot spoken!!!!
Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by aminusodiq(m): 11:18am On Dec 15, 2019
Timileyin1234:

whch point.... Timmy... See i no geh muscle... I cant fight lol
Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by maynattion(f): 11:40am On Dec 15, 2019
respect80:

Honestly, I feel sad that most people don't know how frustrating this issue of police tracking a stolen mobile phone can be.
Giving out that 15 or 20k to them is like saying more beer to their potbellied officers and more shawama to their girlfriends.
If it's that easy, we would be reading several reports of how phone thieves were tracked and arrested on NL everyday considering the number of phones that are being stolen all over the country per day.

I swear.

1 Like

Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by maynattion(f): 11:40am On Dec 15, 2019
aminusodiq:
lol... We human... We get sarcastic at times nd sometime we go offpoint!!! We ar never perfect...but We shldnt fall below average

Lol. Noted

1 Like

Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by LilSmith55(m): 11:41am On Dec 15, 2019
respect80:

What a coincidence cheesy

Imagine some1 paying 20k to track a phone worth 29 wey no go still come out cheesy cheesy grin
If man mistakenly marry that kind lady ehn... Him go hear am. Imagine that kind, "burn down the house to catch a mouse mentality"...

Na wetin ah tell d girl b dat ooo, how u go use 20k dey find 29k, the girl be like. If I catch the person he go pay for wetin e no carry, she wan teach am lesson... for my mind I was like,no be only lesson na tutorial

2 Likes

Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by maynattion(f): 11:44am On Dec 15, 2019
aminusodiq:

His Yoruba is correct.
Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by aminusodiq(m): 11:49am On Dec 15, 2019
LilSmith55:

Na wetin ah tell d girl b dat ooo, how u go use 20k dey find 29k, the girl be like. If I catch the person he go pay for wetin e no carry, she wan teach am lesson... for my mind I was like,no be only lesson na tutorial
hot 8 is not less dan 40k i guess!!
Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by LilSmith55(m): 12:10pm On Dec 15, 2019
aminusodiq:
hot 8 is not less dan 40k i guess!!

The hot 8 is in three variant

The 2GB, 32GB is #36,500
Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by seanwilliam(m): 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2019
aminusodiq:
grin spoken indeed
Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by seanwilliam(m): 12:55pm On Dec 15, 2019
maynattion:

His Yoruba is correct.
grin it shows say the guy no be yoruba.. egbenuyasoun is stylishly abusing someone older than u.. or when you addressing/abusing more than one person. I pity the guy , e no no say I be Ibadan boy.. grin angry grin
Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by seanwilliam(m): 12:57pm On Dec 15, 2019
Timileyin1234:

If I cash u enh. I don leave her for u people
pay me 5k make I release her digit for u
Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by seanwilliam(m): 12:59pm On Dec 15, 2019
maynattion:

Enemies of progress.
grin
I get person wey I one give you here.. he go take Kia of yu
Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by Rilley(m): 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2019
respect80:

Yes na me steal the phone. In fact, na the phone I take d surf nairaland so. undecided

Btw, I'm talking from experience and those who truly know how Nigeria police operate definitely understand my point. Most Nigeria police officers are crime abettors and some of them even have close contact with top crime syndicates within the area they serve and that's why as an individual, I try as much as I can to avoid anything that would warrant me entering a police station to write statement either as a complainant or as an accused.
If Nigeria as country would stand any chance of having crime being curbed to the barest minimum, then I would suggest that 70% of the process should be focused on police reform.

The good forces within the police as an institution is far too few than it would take to have a reliable policing system. Most of them (police) see their job specification as an avenue to enrich themselves rather than ensuring law and orderliness in the society.
True talk

1 Like

Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by aminusodiq(m): 2:29pm On Dec 15, 2019
seanwilliam:
grin spoken indeed
lol... Dat was deliberate

1 Like

Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by Nchetttaa(f): 2:34pm On Dec 15, 2019
LilSmith55:

What a coincidence... I bought mine on the 5th of November for 37K and it was stolen from me on the 10th of December around 7:20 pm while struggling for bus to go home, from Work. The phone was inside my bag, I didn't know how this thieve slide into my bag and took this phone without my knowing. And I have always being conscious of my phone my bag, always holding it tightly. Gosh, I cried and shouted like a mad woman when I found out immediately that my phone was missing.. For where, the thieve Don disappear come switch the phone off immediately..
Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by LilSmith55(m): 3:23pm On Dec 15, 2019
Nchetttaa:

What a coincidence... I bought mine on the 5th of November for 37K and it was stolen from me on the 10th of December around 7:20 pm while struggling for bus to go home, from Work. The phone was inside my bag, I didn't know how this thieve slide into my bag and took this phone without my knowing. And I have always being conscious of my phone my bag, always holding it tightly. Gosh, I cried and shouted like a mad woman when I found out immediately that my phone was missing.. For where, the thieve Don disappear come switch the phone off immediately..

Are you sure u and my gf arnt friends, maybe she told you .... it's happen the same way... as in no difference at all.... she was also coming from work around 7 : 30pm, the phone was inside her bag too

No differences at all, she came home crying that night, looking like a mad woman,(I pity her sha, imagine struggling to buy something and someone Is waiting to steal it), saying she hold the bag very tight and don't know how the thief slip his hand in and took the phone, immediately she knew it's missing, she tried calling the number but you know the drill na, SWITCHED OFF ALREADY....

Shaa, she's planning to buy anoda one , instead of giving 20k to police, I kukuma give her the 20k, make she add 16,500 to it and buy another one

The chance that the police will track and find is 20 out of 100... Though They might later after a long time catch the thief(when u self don move on), the phone go don change hand like 3rd or 4th user... na the person wey them catch with the phone go buy another one plus the expense u spent on the phone. I've seen a case like dat, dude bought a stolen phone and the victim was killed, guy still dey prison... thats why I will never in my life buy second hand phone except you have the receipt and the carton...

Take heart, if you get Money buy anoda phone, and later if you get spare money you arnt using (Lolz, shey money dey wey dem no dey use ni), I mean when you get enough money you can now track that one, and don't put your mind dere, if dem get the thief(your luck) if dem no get am well u av nothing to lose because na spare money wey uno use na

1 Like

Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by seanwilliam(m): 3:42pm On Dec 15, 2019
aminusodiq:
lol... Dat was deliberate
like say I no no??
Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by fastseo: 4:17pm On Dec 15, 2019
respect80:

See as u talk am as if there's guarantee.

Most cases of phone theft are usually impossible to have the phone tracked except on very rare occasions, may be 1 out of 50 because most phone thieves are usually conversant with IMEI tweaking which makes the chances of getting the phone tracked very slim and less feasible especially with mediatek devices like tecno and infinix which the IMEI number can easily be tweaked within seconds.

I would rather encourage victims of phone theft to save that 15-20k they will give to the police and plan how to add more money to it and buy another phone.
Mind u, even if the police succeed in knowing the phone's location, they will still ask u for another money to fuel their vehicle before going out to engage the criminal which the possibility of getting him arrested is still 1/2.
Nigeria police are much better in abetting crime and extorting the complainants than they are in fighting crime.

My phone was stolen on 30th Nov and I managed to follow the culprits on a bike and saw the location where they entered, me and my bro engaged them and while we were there, a team of policemen passing by stopped and one of the gang member was arrested but sadly, btw that 30th and 5th December, I had already spent 10k whereas the phone is not even out yet.
They will tell you to give them money for fuel so they will go with the arrested suspect to raid the criminals hideouts. when you come the next day, they will tell you they got to the location and the criminals saw them from a far and fled. This attitude of police towards fighting crime is the reason why we're having an endless cycle of criminal activities on a daily basis.

Please don't discourage him.. Let him go to the station and enter statement that's all
Re: My New Bought Infinix Hot 8 Was Stolen by fastseo: 4:20pm On Dec 15, 2019
Opp ignore all of them here....

My phone was stolen 30th October and before 25th November we got the phone.

The thief was just few metres away from my house. Please read my story here and get that thief.

Don't allow anyone saying imei change discourage you. Most times I see those comment as possible culprit
https://www.nairaland.com/5557392/how-track-redmi-7-stolen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Long Can You Go Without Your Phone? / Bricked Infinix Note / Etisalat Free 1.1 GIG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.