Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,563 members, 7,955,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:36 PM

On Eternal Salvation. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On Eternal Salvation. (196 Views)

The Case For Eternal Salvation / Eternal Security In Christ / The Doctrine Of Eternal Salvation: A Truth Or Apostasy / CHARLES SPURGEON On Eternal Security. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On Eternal Salvation. by Perfectbeing(m): 7:24pm On Dec 14, 2019
Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
I'm sure you've heard people say stuff like "that doctrine of eternal salvation or once saved forever saved is from the pit of hell. Once saved is not forever saved"
When people talk like that, it is either because they don't read their Bible or because they are just ignorantly proud
Eternal salvation is not a word coined by grace (or hyper Grace) preachers and it is not a doctrine manufactured by grace preachers
Eternal salvation is the only type of salvation that is found in Christ. It is the salvation that Jesus authored
It's either you are saved eternally or you are not saved at all
Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
You cannot make Jesus what He is not. You cannot make him a temporary saviour. And you cannot make him the author of temporary or shaky shaky salvation because of your pride, ignorance or your hatred for grace preachers
Take a chill pill!
Jesus cannot save half way. He won't let you become a joint hair in the work of saving you
Heb 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them
ISV Therefore, because he always lives to intercede for them, he is able to save completely those who come to God through him.
He saves completely!
SLT Wherefore he is able to save entirely those coming to God by him, always living to supplicate for them.
He saves entirely not half way!
T4T So, he can completely and eternally save those who come to God by trusting in what Christ has done for them, since he lives forever to plead with God to help them.
He saves completely and eternally, not temporarily and incompletely
YLT whence also he is able to save to the very end, those coming through him unto God--ever living to make intercession for them.
He saves to the very end. It's not those who endures to the end that will be saved to the end.
If He has saved you then He has saved you to the very end. To the very end!
That said,
1Thes 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when THEY shall say, Peace and safety; then SUDDEN DESTRUCTION COMETH UPON THEM , as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 BUT YE, BRETHREN , ARE NOT IN DARKNESS , THAT THAT DAY SHOULD OVERTAKE YOU AS A THIEF .
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
I want you to take note of the clear distinction made between them that believe and them that believe not. As is the manner of all the writers of the epistles.
Never does the Bible leave us in doubt about the the issue of judgment. Whenever there is doubt, it is not from the word but in the mind of the student due to improper handling of the scriptures.
Let's look at verse 4 of the above text. A key verse in understanding the entire text.
But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
(Always look out for the 'Buts')
You'll find corroborative evidence with this in..
Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
1. Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
So, we have been delivered from darkness because we have redemption through his blood, which is the forgiveness of sins.
We were all in darkness once but now we (who believe the gospel) are light in the Lord (in Christ)
2Cor 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
Always learn to make a distinction between you and the unsaved (unbeliever).
It's never humility to class yourself with the unsaved. Rather it's pride! God doesn't and neither should you.
That said, let's look at the word condemnation as used in the epistles.
Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus.
The word condemnation is the Greek word
"katakrima"
Thayer defines it as :
damnatory sentence, condemnation,
and it is from the Greek word "katakrino" which means "to give judgment against, to judge worthy of punishment,
to condemn by one's good example,
to judge against, that is, sentence: - condemn, damn.
It was used a total of ten times in the new testament text of the bible.
Used as " condemned", seven times in
(Mat 27:3; Mar 14:64; Rom 8:3; 1Co 11:32; Heb 11:7; Jas 5:9; 2Pe 2:6)
Once as "condemnest" in Rom 2:1,
Once as "condemneth" in Rom 8:34,
and once as "damned" in Rom 14:23.
On what ground is a man justified before God and another condemned?
John 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 HE THAT BELIEVETH ON HIM IS NOT CONDEMNED : but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
So, condemnation is found in unbelief. By men's rejection of the gospel of Christ they condemn themselves to hell.
It is God's only character to save. All the sinner needs to do is believe in the saving God by faith in the blood of his son (his death, burial and resurrection)
Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Same thing, faith in Christ sets the distinction between men. Not their works or goodness
John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, AND SHALL NOT COME INTO CONDEMNATION ; but is passed from death unto life.
The man in Christ shall not come into condemnation on any account
Not on an account of sin. That's what he's already been saved from. It's not temporary but eternal
Joh 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
The eternal salvation of the Believer is well taught from the four Gospels into the epistles in a manner that no doubt is left in the mind of the Believer concerning his eternity.
Jesus saves to secure, not save to lose.
Jesus is not a careless saviour!
It takes a dishonest, proud or ignorant person to argue against the eternal salvation of the Believer.
When Jesus said in John 6 Vs 37 that he that comes to him he will in no wise cast out,
the word "in no wise" means,
(never, certainly not, not at all, by no means, a double negative strengthening the denial; not at all : - any more, at all, by any (no) means, neither, never, no (at all), in no case (wise), nor ever, not (at all, in any wise).
It's an unqualified commitment made by God to keep you from condemnation, judgment or wrath. This he does independent of any good or wrong you'll ever do.
John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
You, the devil or your sins have to be stronger than God to pluck yourself out of his hand.
God saved you and commits himself to keep you from falling and from condemnation inspite of having full knowledge of your future sins and misdeeds.
Forgiveness is not what he does for us, it's what he has done. It's a finished work of his free grace
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness
, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Remove the once and for all forgiveness of sins from the new testament (the gospel) and what you'll have is the old testament.
The old testament RETAINS sins, the new testament REMITS sins
Don't ever forget that!
Rom 4:6 As David says that there is a blessing on the man to whose account God puts righteousness without works, saying,
7 Happy are those who have forgiveness for their wrongdoing, and whose sins are covered.
8 Happy is the man against whom no sin is recorded by the Lord.
God's only response to sin is to forgive it. And he has forgiven you.
All the unsaved needs is to hear the gospel, believe it and receive forgiveness of sins as his eternal inheritance.
The wages of sin is death therefore Jesus became sin in order to bear the wages of your sin which is death.
The soul that sinneth shall die so Jesus died your death once and for all.
Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
What about the wrath to come?
1 Thes 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
Delivered from the wrath to come. Wrath of God?
No!
It's the wrath or wages of sin against the sinner (unbeliever)
God cannot be delivering us from his own anger or wrath. He's not bipolar!
1 Thes 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
9 FOR GOD HATH NOT APPOINTED US TO WRATH , but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Our whole spirit, soul and body is preserved blameless unto the coming of Jesus (whether by death or by the rapture) which ever way you meet him you'll meet him blameless.
Because,
Vs 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
He didn't leave the security of your salvation in your hands.
That's why you're not called the saviour but the saved!
If you were too impotent to save yourself how come you think you can keep what you couldn't save?
Jude 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
So, for the man who is in Christ there won't be surprises on the day of judgment. No surprises from unconfessed sins and non from sins of omission or commission.
No need confessing and begging God to forgive you the ones you committed knowingly and unknowingly
For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. (Heb 8 Vs 12)
No More!
Simple English shebi?
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their work
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Rev 3:5 HE THAT OVERCOMETH , the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I WILL NOT BLOT OUT HIS NAME OUT OF THE BOOK OF LIFE , but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Let's see who is the one referred to as the overcomer (he that overcometh)
1john 5 Vs 5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
Vs 4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
The man who is in Christ will never have his name blotted out of the book of life.
Name in the book of life is a figure speech for 'in Christ.'
He is the tree of life, the bread of life, the river of life, the book of life!
All figures of speech.
Being in Christ is a matter of nature. You have the very nature of God in you, and that nature is eternal. It doesn't perish.
1pet 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 TO AN INHERITANCE INCORRUPTIBLE , AND UNDEFILED , and THAT fadeth NOT AWAY , RESERVED IN HEAVEN FOR YOU ,
5 WHO ARE KEPT BY THE POWER OF GOD through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
The only people who would be surprised on the last day are those who think the Gospel was a joke and that there is no heaven to gain and hell to lose.
Those who refused to believe the gospel of Jesus concerning the forgiveness of their sins through his eternal sacrifice. They condemned themselves by neglecting so great salvation and not believing in Jesus.
Heb 2%3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
So you see, the doctrine of eternal salvation is the doctrine of the Christian church, it is our doctrine because it is the doctrine and work of our Lord and saviour
"You can't tell me that. That doctrine is from the pit of hell"
Well, Jesus was born again from 'the pit' of hell and so is everyone of us who are born again. We were born again from the dead, from hell and from death.
Now we are in him eternally saved completely, fully and entirely to the uttermost and the very end.
The believer is helplessly saved once and forever!
Hallelujah!

(1) (Reply)

Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This / Pastor Jeffries Comments On Christianity Today's Blunder / Sunday Tonic: What Is Meant By Spiritual Healing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.