Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,308 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars (40898 Views)

3 Sports Cars European Companies Wish They Never Made / Meet The World's Fastest Shed That Is Powered By Audi Rs4's 450HP Engine / Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by mapet: 1:46pm On Dec 16, 2019
Automotive1:

MusaDanladi1: :
AutoJosh you be fool + very useless blogger how will you be comparing this pangolo with a whole Pagani Huayra that's how you went to compare Innoson with G63 the other time. You will never do research.Yes we have to give the young hardworking man his dues. He did a fantastic job but your write up just reeks of trash.

Why the insults?

Try to read and understand...

Nobody is comparing "Benni Purrie" to an established Pagani...

We only want you to know that sourcing for a more powerful engine, just like how Pagani and Aston Martin used Mercedes engine, will make the lovely car one of the best.

Why are you explaining what his comprehension deficit could not pick a first time. You sure he will a second?

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by mapet: 1:50pm On Dec 16, 2019
Flier:
He is probably lying,where did he get money to buy that engine
Any engine that can go from 0-120km in less than 5 seconds should cost a fortune

Unfortunately some of you think the limitations of your knowledge is the limit of knowledge.......

As far back as year 2000, a BMW 5Series (2000 model) a.k.a Coja that people drive on the streets hit that speed in 5secs. What is so special......

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by mapet: 1:54pm On Dec 16, 2019
uuzba:

The boy has work to do. He carried too much load on his head.
Car can either be engine& performance focused
and Design/body focused.
He didn't pass any of the two exam. The body has some issues and the engine has some issues as well.
If we take the car on all those oyibo stunt runs, powerglides and all that TopGear stuff, the performance will fail as well.

I advice that boy to just focus on one aspect first and get it right.
Do the body of the car very fine first.

Bros,

That is why it's called a "Prototype". The report even has it that commercial version is 2yrs away; why are you guys just ignorantly forming over-sabi

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by mapet: 1:56pm On Dec 16, 2019
Jungleluv5:

HeavenlyBang: :
This piece of writing is nonsensical.

How is it Mercedes-powered? Because you want it to be?

Then you mention the AMG V12 Pagani uses? What does that have to do with this?

If the maker truly wanted a performance engine, he'd looking into Chevy's LS series. Small, tunable, cheap. Not a humongous V12 by Mercedes that likely costs over $30k.

Car journalism in Nigeria is a mess.

please show me your own production before condemning others

Bros,

Ignore "Magazine-Engineers" jare.....

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by mapet: 1:59pm On Dec 16, 2019
dontbothermuch:

That junk you are seeing there, believe me, it's really difficult to manufacture. The steering works, the gear works, the brake works, the junk moves. It is not an easy task oh! It's just sponsor.

The better way you can condemn this work is to explain why yours is yet to either exist or leave the garage
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by seangy4konji: 2:04pm On Dec 16, 2019
It cannot rival any spot or supur car...

Do t deceive yourself..

Is that suspension and frame of a super car or shocks or springs or engine or mufflersstability controls and a lot of things?mode of driving including race,drift and rear wings..

Abeg make u na deh drive ur super car jar..
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:05pm On Dec 16, 2019
isthatso:

there is nothing worse than an unrepentant ignorant fool

brand new C32 engine $9472

https://www.mbpartsworld.com/v-2003-mercedes-benz-c32-amg--base--3-2l-v6-gas/engine--engine

5 AMG cars under £10000 with working engines from V6 to V12

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/5-hot-amg-mercs-you-can-bag-for-under-10000/

clearly google cannot help you if your brain isnt directing you properly

You're not very smart. Daimler hasn't made any of those engines in well over a decade.

mapet:

As neutral person, I do not see any expert-analysis in your condemnation of his use of "Mercedes-powered" engine, rather than some ol' reash of "this is better than that". You recommended an alternative that you called "performance engine" yet the characteristics quoted is "small, tunable and cheap", no mention of its performance characteristics itself.... Not sure if someone looking for performance engines will be cheap-conscious for starters.

Yet you yab car journalism?

Ummm, anyone who knows anything about cars knows about the LS series. Same engines have been used for decades on GM's cars, with stock outputs of up to 700 HP+. Tuners have routinely gotten over 1000 HP out of LS engines. Most supercar manufacturers use it--Vector, Hennessey, etc.
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 16, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

You're not very smart. Daimler hasn't made any of those engines in well over a decade.

you are the one who isnt very smart or knowledgeable, Auto manufacturers keep spares for at least 2 decades. secondly it's advertised for sale on a well known mercedes genuine parts website so it's current. if it wasnt available it would say "unavailable" under the part no. You can even get fully rebuilt engines for clasic cars from the '60s if you know where to go. i keep telling you you arent as knowledgeable as you as you like to think. if you think manufacturers stop making a part just because a model is not in production, it just shows how ignorant and dare I say stupid you are. Do you think they no longer make parts for all the tokunbo cars you see on the streets? Common sense should have prevailed when you typed that ridiculous statement. Instead of you to recognise you are debating with a bigger authority and keep quiet, you are busy quoting me and making a bigger fool of yourself.

secondly the blog you posted which quoted $71,000, I dont doubt that Engine is probably around 40-50K but the 71K includes installation charges and is an insurance job. anyone who has lived abroad knows you will usually get 2 quotes, one for private (paying yourself) and one for insurance Insurance quotes are always higher.

More importantly your statement "Getting one from AMG directly costs about $54k" has been nulified. You made a blanket statement that an amg engine costs $45000, as if AMG only make one type of Engine.....and that is my point. You think you have knowledge but you are a schoolboy.

I have shown that you can get an AMG engine for less than $10k and a used one for much less nullyfying your original post. Anything else you are saying is just drivel!!!

6 Likes

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by tex73: 2:37pm On Dec 16, 2019
Great job ....beautiful ride but really needs more ponies added.(HorsePower) cool
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by Inception(m): 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2019
isthatso:

you are the one who isnt very smart or knowledgeable, Auto manufacturers keep spares for at least 2 decades. secondly it's advertised for sale on a well known mercedes genuine parts website so it's current. if it wasnt available it would say "unavailable" under the part no. You can even get fully rebuilt engines for clasic cars from the '60s if you know where to go. i keep telling you you arent as knowledgeable as you as you like to think. if you think manufacturers stop making a part just because a model is not in production, it just shows how ignorant and dare I say stupid you are. Do you think they no longer make parts for all the tokunbo cars you see on the streets? Common sense should have prevailed when you typed that ridiculous statement. Instead of you to recognise you are debating with a bigger authority and keep quiet, you are busy quoting me and making a bigger fool of yourself.

secondly the blog you posted which quoted $71,000, I dont doubt that Engine is probably around 40-50K but the 71K includes installation charges and is an insurance job. anyone who has lived abroad knows you will usually get 2 quotes, one for private (paying yourself) and one for insurance Insurance quotes are always higher.

More importantly your statement "Getting one from AMG directly costs about $54k" has been nulified. You made a blanket statement that an amg engine costs $45000, as if AMG only make one type of Engine.....and that is my point. You think you have knowledge but you are a schoolboy.

I have shown that you can get an AMG engine for less than $10k and a used one for much less nullyfying your original post. Anything else you are saying is just drivel!!!

Is that so ?

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:17pm On Dec 16, 2019
isthatso:

Until you realize that AMG engines are hand-built. So, no, they don't just have engines lying around. Engines made for cars that were released twenty years ago.
Inception:

Is that so ?

grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Until you realize that AMG engines are hand-built. So, no, they don't just have engines lying around. Engines made for cars that were released twenty years ago.

grin grin grin

so what if it is handbuilt? honestly some of you people are just so stupid. what does hand built have to do with anything? they cant hand build it and keep in storage? or you dont know manufacturers keep a stock of every part? does hand building stop it from entering shelf?

An online parts store says it is available, you are there arguing...what a slowpoke!!!!

how daft are you?

you really are a dunce...each time you reply you confirm any doubt one may have about your stupidity.

a well respected site that stocks only mercedes genuine parts says it is available, whether it is sitting on the shelf or they have to hand build it the bottom line is it is available. There is something called and electronics parts catalogue and it is updated by mercedes benz to all their approved dealers and approved parts distributors. Once a part is no longer in production it is reflected in the EPC. if the EPC says it is available...then despite your dim IQ, it is available!! Your stupidity is really on another level!!!

Below is the EPC for a 1985 mercedes 380sl, you can see from that page the parts that are available and those whose manufacture has been discontinued, like the cylinder head, the head gasket etc. one can see that in this case, the full engine is no longer available, the older the car the less likely you are to still get the full engine but some engine parts are still available, you can still get an original short block etc

https://www.mbpartsworld.com/v-1985-mercedes-benz-380sl--base--3-8l-v8-gas/engine--engine

this is the EPC for toyota and as you can see even the engine for a 1983 corona is still available:
https://toyota.epc-data.com/corona/at150/31547/engine/

I am no longer responding to you because......Seriously your stupidity is dumbfounding!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by explicitee(m): 4:23pm On Dec 16, 2019
Nice one
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by KingGBsky(m): 4:23pm On Dec 16, 2019
SarkinYarki:
Very impressive , now this is what you called an educated man not all these half baked graduate carrying certs up and down looking for free job where the will collect free salary for really doing nothing .

If only you have sense!
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by tobstarizhia(m): 4:44pm On Dec 16, 2019
if Innocent Chukwuma is smart he'll give this man a job in Innoson. Innoson really needs innovative designs right now. all hands on deck. The best of minds to push the company forward. If they don't hurry, this man will be stolen by some foreign brand.
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by Cotton(m): 4:56pm On Dec 16, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Which is pretty idiotic. Do you know how much an AMG engine costs? Getting one from AMG directly costs about $54k.

A used one is $26k.

Also, have you considered how the engine will be mounted? Transversely? What about a transmission that will fit it, while handling all that torque? Have you considered the fact that Mercedes engines aren't open-end and would require input from Daimler itself to be able to work on another car?

Of course not.

"We only want you to know that sourcing for a more powerful engine, just like how Pagani and Aston Martin used Mercedes engine, will make the lovely car one of the best."

Stupidest thing I've read this week, and we're at the end of the week. May as well recommend the guy to use a Ferrari V12.

Give sensible information next time. If you want to be a car journo, at least understand the basics.

You have no manners. Look at the way you are responding online! If you have misgivings state them and leave it for others to decide. I am sure you are quite young. It is obvious you lack comprehension skills. The references to the Pagani and AM was not to use those engines but it was an example of how other car makers source engines from other vehicles!

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by shadeyinka(m): 5:30pm On Dec 16, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

If the maker truly wanted a performance engine, he'd looking into Chevy's LS series. Small, tunable, cheap. Not a humongous V12 by Mercedes that likely costs over $30k.

You are too hard on a scratch builder. Mali has tried if you ever know the complexity of scratch building. He can't afford a performance engine for his first build. I can even better that he is using a used Mercedes-Benz engine.

Is this a performance car?No!
Is there room for improvement? Yes!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by ajl: 6:07pm On Dec 16, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Which is pretty idiotic. Do you know how much an AMG engine costs? Getting one from AMG directly costs about $54k.

A used one is $26k.

Also, have you considered how the engine will be mounted? Transversely? What about a transmission that will fit it, while handling all that torque? Have you considered the fact that Mercedes engines aren't open-end and would require input from Daimler itself to be able to work on another car?

Of course not.

"We only want you to know that sourcing for a more powerful engine, just like how Pagani and Aston Martin used Mercedes engine, will make the lovely car one of the best."

Stupidest thing I've read this week, and we're at the end of the week. May as well recommend the guy to use a Ferrari V12.

Give sensible information next time. If you want to be a car journo, at least understand the basics.

Mr Man, it's like the writer is not entitled to his opinion. Someone made an effort to propose optimal options that may even attract export interest, and all you did was ranting condescending comments. Can you give a better alternative opinion to improve the vehicle yourself. Learn how to critic objectively. This is a sport car and its engine component will be one of its main selling point. The brilliant chap that came up with this vehicle will surely decide what's best for his product to succeed in a competitive market. He could simply focus entirely on local market where people may not care about the source or specification of its engine.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by ajl: 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2019
tobstarizhia:
if Innocent Chukwuma is smart he'll give this man a job in Innoson. Innoson really needs innovative designs right now. all hands on deck. The best of minds to push the company forward. If they don't hurry, this man will be stolen by some foreign brand.

Really? And this chap look like like someone who want to get employed by a local auto manufacturer even after rejecting job offers while in the UK. Borrow sense, please.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by Legendguru: 7:20pm On Dec 16, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by thecommunist(m): 8:16pm On Dec 16, 2019
so many bitter and ignorant people here...someone was even referring to him as 'BOY' ...as far as i am concerned, he really did a good job considering the limited resources available to him. and i am sure he would have done far far better if he had more resources.

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by Olulinks(m): 9:56pm On Dec 16, 2019
He's a car blogger.

HeavenlyBang:

He ain't a journalist!
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by rengsho: 12:57am On Dec 17, 2019
SarkinYarki:
Very impressive , now this is what you called an educated man not all these half baked graduate carrying certs up and down looking for free job where the will collect free salary for really doing nothing .

The amazing news is that Jerry is a school dropout.
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by SarkinYarki: 1:09am On Dec 17, 2019
rengsho:

The amazing news is that Jerry is a school dropout.

Heard he went to Hertfordshire
Re: Mercedes-powered Made-In-Nigeria “Bennie Purrie” Can Rival Popular Sports Cars by TruthSpeaker: 1:52am On Dec 17, 2019
130 HP is a lackluster ride. With 130HP, it can’t rival no sport car. Do be fooled by the body work of the car.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Cars That Have Other Names In Other Countries / The DS 7 SUV Emmanuel Macron, The French President Used For His Inauguration / Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.