Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it (5927 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / Adoption Is Not Worth It At All / What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by BigBashiru: 2:33pm On Jan 20
Marriage is a mutual contract. Women get financial stability, men get regular sexual intercourse and children which they are sure belong to them (if they marry the right woman). Also, aside these, there are other perks to marrying the right person, such as emotional support (married individuals tend to live longer according to science), better acceptability (most people prefer to have business dealings with; or elect married people into office science has also shown). Furthermore, old age can be a very lonely time which companionship can help make easier.

Again, all the above perks can only be achieved if one marries the right person. Marrying the wrong person can be a mini hell on earth. This is why people should eschew the scams called love and romance and marry for the right reason...compatibility, parenthood and responsibility. Approach marriage like you would a job interview, and vouch candidates wisely and objectively.

Is there really a right person? Aren't all women the same?
Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by BigBashiru: 2:48pm On Jan 20
CHoccolaTE:
i was trying to avoid this topic of men invented so and so therefore it's a man's world but I have to point somethings out to you

1. Yes white men invented majority of the advanced technological gadgets we use today but it wont make sense for me to start claiming it's A white man's world while black men are inferior, would it? So why do you think you can claim the world is for men because of inventions another race different from yours created? Even white men themselves who invent these things do not believe the world is for them alone or that women are inferior.
2. Do you realise that majority of the carnage and criminal activities perpetuated on earth are because of men's actions and decisions? Wars, rapes, robberies, kidnapping etc are caused by males so if you want to take responsibility for inventions created in history by other men you should be ready to take responsibility for the damage they caused in history as well. Don't pick and choose, fine men invented much of technology but you men also cause deaths and suffering of many innocent people with your deviant behaviour. You are not noble or wonderful Messiahs by any stretch of the imagination. Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen are men not women.

3. The reason women are not able to contribute more in terms of these inventions you deal of is because the same men restricted their educational advancement and ability to contribute in larger society because of their sick need to control them. If you read history you would know this. Do you think women just demanded to sit at home and not have dreams and ambitions or they chose to be dependent on men by themselves? Right from time in history a woman's worth was placed (unfortunately) on her ability to bear children and be a wife. Societal and religious laws made it so, even up till today many women ditch furthering their education, getting masters and PhD's because they have been conditioned to believe that marrige and children is more important which isn't necessarily true. Let me stop here.

It's not white men....its all men from all countries that invented things....

Don't believe the script of colonialists....
Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by BigBashiru: 9:32pm On Feb 23
DenreleDave:

Thanks for ur wisdom sir

I don't know why I will spend all my savings on a woman. She is not even a virgin, other guys don chop am well well, I will now be doing wahala for such lady

I even think women should be contributing and bringing money for weddings

An Ungrateful Wife / Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science / Guys, Would You Like Your Wife To Call You Daddy?