Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,145 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it (5915 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / Adoption Is Not Worth It At All / What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by DenreleDave(m): 7:14am On Dec 15, 2019
I think doing wedding is a bad idea. How can you spend your life savings on a woman when then end result is children and responsibilities. As in, I have seen many ladies that have been bleeped and bleeped several times, several body counts. So one man will come and spend his life saving on such woman.

How can a man spend all the money he has saved on a lady who is a virgin or not a virgin sef when he will still have to cater for responsibilities after wedding?

As in, my guys for there carry lady come sleep anyhow and later later, another man go carry this lady, wan kill himself untop her, they run helter skelter on top her. What do we guys tend to benefit in marriage, is it not just sex and probably kids (kids is both advantage for men n women) but again you get to carry responsibilities upandan.

I'm beginning wedding or even marriage is a scam sef, it's way of bringing a man into slavery.

Maybe baby mama is the way out, I'm beginning to reason with some guys Here on nairaland oooo.. Baby mama things

Guys wake up, I think this marriage and wedding only favors women, we men are at big disadvantage aswear

Cc: Lalasticala BlueAir blinking001 Toks2008 JONNYSPUTE tosyne2much AstroG ubunja martinez29 Cutehector daddytime ilegendd walai IamPlato Firstorderwizard dandeeboss davash222

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by Oxb90: 7:41am On Dec 15, 2019
cut your cloth according to your size

2 Likes

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by bukatyne(f): 7:52am On Dec 15, 2019
Weddings and marriages are a disadvantage to men?

Don't whine about it, just stay unmarried.

Because right now until you have an epiphany, you are very unmarriageable.

When the use of a thing is not know, abuse becomes inevitable.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by IamPlato(m): 8:01am On Dec 15, 2019
Hahahaha. Many Girls Will Cry Blood If We All Decide To Marry Virgins

3 Likes

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by BLEMOSEDU: 8:19am On Dec 15, 2019
DenreleDave:
I think doing wedding is a bad idea. How can you spend your life savings on a woman when then end result is children and responsibilities. As in, I have seen many ladies that have been bleeped and bleeped several times, several body counts. So one man will come and spend his life saving on such woman.

How can a man spend all the money he has saved on a lady who is a virgin or not a virgin sef when he will still have to cater for responsibilities after wedding?

As in, my guys for there carry lady come sleep anyhow and later later, another man go carry this lady, wan kill himself untop her, they run helter skelter on top her. What do we guys tend to benefit in marriage, is it not just sex and probably kids (kids is both advantage for men n women) but again you get to carry responsibilities upandan.

I'm beginning wedding or even marriage is a scam sef, it's way of bringing a man into slavery.

Maybe baby mama is the way out, I'm beginning to reason with some guys Here on nairaland oooo.. Baby mama things

Guys wake up, I think this marriage and wedding only favors women, we men are at big disadvantage aswear

Cc: Lalasticala BlueAir blinking001 Toks2008 JONNYSPUTE tosyne2much AstroG ubunja martinez29 Cutehector daddytime ilegendd walai IamPlato Firstorderwizard dandeeboss davash222
I've been married for 7 years myself, I think marriage favors women more, like you rightly said only foolish men will spend their last card on wedding ceremony when there are still responsibilities ahead.
Marriage itself is mainly challenges and not much of enjoyment particularly when responsibilities start coming,
Like one of my friend used to say, it's 20% enjoyment 40% challenges and 40% trouble.
And it favors women more because the kids will likely tilt towards their mother because of closeness while the man maybe away hustling himself to stupor in other to provide for his family.
Las Las it's a struggle just like life.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by emmaodet: 8:30am On Dec 15, 2019
Bro, that is trend growing now.
A lot of people are beginning to question marriage but i don't think women will really be worried about that because as far as i know, a lot of women even prefer relationship to marriage because they see it as cage and burden until most clock 30 and above.
Provided there is money, probably a woman doing good high paying job - marriage is a turn off to them because of the stress of been with a man but the low earners, broke and lazy ones will be given a run for there little kobo, they want marriage not really because they like the stress and wahala of a man but because ooverall it is better than footing their own bills alone - i call it the Fear of Poverty and Full Responsibilities.
Women don't want men - pls bro note this down today.
They only want the comfort men provides and barring that, you will be shown the exit door.
That is why a rich baby mama, widow, divorcee don't like to remarry unless it worth the stress by marrying someone times 3 or more of their own worth e.g oyinbos in oil and gas industry e.t.c

It is not a mystery that the more empowered women are becoming, the lesser they all wanted marriage e.g check female footballers, musicians, top earning actresses etc they all have something similar in common - staying single
If you ask why? They give you list of excuses of not ready for men palava, wahala and troubles not to write off cheating by men.
Funny enough - All these traits and qualities are what we have far far more in women - serial cheats, paternity fraudsters, relationship fraudsters, too many wahalas, troubles baggages not to talk of shouldering her family's problems. They don't see all these because they are extremely Selfish and Self centered.
It's high time marriage should probably be scrapped or Reviewed because the present marriage constitution is not sustainable nor in tune with present realities.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by emmaodet: 8:32am On Dec 15, 2019
IamPlato:
Bro if every man decides to marry a virging then you might likely be registering only 5 marriages nationwide per year.

5 Likes

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by bukatyne(f): 8:35am On Dec 15, 2019
IamPlato:

Why would the ladies cry.

If more men and women abstain, there would be more male and female virgins to go round.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by CAPSLOCKED: 8:54am On Dec 15, 2019
THIS IS A SILLY THREAD. THESE MEN WILL ALWAYS BE TRICKED INTO MARRIAGES. THERE'S NOTHING TO BE SAID THAT CAN SAVE THEM.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 15, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:
THIS IS A SILLY THREAD.
THESE MEN WILL ALWAYS BE TRICKED INTO MARRIAGES.
THERE'S NOTHING TO BE SAID THAT CAN SAVE THEM.

Tricked? Who tricks them?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by cococandy(f): 9:16am On Dec 15, 2019
DenreleDave:

Some ladies will still end up with those your guys that have been sleeping around. It’s a balanced equation. I can’t believe grown men out here still thinking they can sleep around and have multiple virgins to chose from when they want to marry. The math does not add up.

Stop the tears please and start getting ready for Christmas. People are all out there trying to get into the festive spirit and you folks won’t let us rest with your whining.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:33am On Dec 15, 2019
Marriage is over rated bro,
If she's not a virgin or atleast a secondary virgin make her ur baby mama

3 Likes

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:48am On Dec 15, 2019
Funny thread. @ O P, nobody is forcing anybody to get married or to spend all his savings just to prepare for a wedding.Marriage is a matter of choice.I'm married and very happy.Marriage comes with its own ups and downs and it's not for the Lilly livered folks.

21 Likes

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by Chubhie: 11:01am On Dec 15, 2019
Perhaps, It could be the word marriage that is causing this panic. Replace the word marriage with partnership and see if the feeling of being scammed is still there.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by 24kmagic: 11:02am On Dec 15, 2019
Mods please take this thing to romance section.

This is family section and any thread that tries to undermine family should not be tolerated.

I like the idea of marriage and I will definitely get married. But once she frustrates me, I boot her out.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 15, 2019
Marriage is a mutual contract. Women get financial stability, men get regular sexual intercourse and children which they are sure belong to them (if they marry the right woman). Also, aside these, there are other perks to marrying the right person, such as emotional support (married individuals tend to live longer according to science), better acceptability (most people prefer to have business dealings with; or elect married people into office science has also shown). Furthermore, old age can be a very lonely time which companionship can help make easier.

Again, all the above perks can only be achieved if one marries the right person. Marrying the wrong person can be a mini hell on earth. This is why people should eschew the scams called love and romance and marry for the right reason...compatibility, parenthood and responsibility. Approach marriage like you would a job interview, and vouch candidates wisely and objectively.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by DenreleDave(m): 11:21am On Dec 15, 2019
bukatyne:
Weddings and marriages are a disadvantage to men?

Don't whine about it, just stay unmarried.

Because right now until you have an epiphany, you are very unmarriageable.

When the use of a thing is not know, abuse becomes inevitable.

U ladies need marriage pass.. We guys are at disadvantage. So I get, u can defend yourself okay

1 Like

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by DenreleDave(m): 11:29am On Dec 15, 2019
BLEMOSEDU:

I've been married for 7 years myself, I think marriage favors women more, like you rightly said only foolish men will spend their last card on wedding ceremony when there are still responsibilities ahead.
Marriage itself is mainly challenges and not much of enjoyment particularly when responsibilities start coming,
Like one of my friend used to say, it's 20% enjoyment 40% challenges and 40% trouble.
And it favors women more because the kids will likely tilt towards their mother because of closeness while the man maybe away hustling himself to stupor in other to provide for his family.
Las Las it's a struggle just like life.

Thanks for ur wisdom sir

I don't know why I will spend all my savings on a woman. She is not even a virgin, other guys don chop am well well, I will now be doing wahala for such lady

1 Like

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by bukatyne(f): 11:30am On Dec 15, 2019
RisenPhoenix:
Marriage is a mutual contract. Women get financial stability, men get regular sexual intercourse and children which they are sure belong to them (if they marry the right woman). Also, aside these, there are other perks to marrying the right person, such as emotional support (married individuals tend to live longer according to science), better acceptability (most people prefer to have business dealings with; or elect married people into office science has also shown). Furthermore, old age can be a very lonely time which companionship can help make easier.

Again, all the above perks can only be achieved if one marries the right person. Marrying the wrong person can be a mini hell on earth . This is why people should eschew the scams called love and romance and marry for the right reason...compatibility, parenthood and responsibility. Approach marriage like you would a job interview, and vouch candidates wisely and objectively.

@bold: apt

1 Like

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by bukatyne(f): 11:31am On Dec 15, 2019
DenreleDave:

U ladies need marriage pass.. We guys are at disadvantage. So I get, u can defend yourself okay

undecided

Can you list 5 things a woman benefits in marriage?

2 Likes

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by DenreleDave(m): 11:33am On Dec 15, 2019
24kmagic:
Mods please take this thing to romance section.

This is family section and any thread that tries to undermine family should not be tolerated.

I like the idea of marriage and I will definitely get married. But once she frustrates me, I boot her out.

U r funny oo.. U will boot her out just like dt after u av spent ur life savings on her

1 Like

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by DenreleDave(m): 11:36am On Dec 15, 2019
bukatyne:

undecided

Can you list 5 things a woman benefits in marriage?

1. She bears the name of her husband.. Switching from miss or Mrs. Hence, she earns the respect

2. Financial opportunities. The man go feed her feed her family

3. Protection

4. Women wants children to surround them.. They need a man sperm for that..

5. They get sex anytime they want, not anytime the man wants... Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 15, 2019
RisenPhoenix:

It depends on the woman. For some women it means less income because women give up their jobs/careers once they become a mother. And unless the man makes really good money (not average), the additional financial responsibilities that children bring coupled with the fact that they can't work until their kids reach a certain age and later on probably only part-time will lead to less income for a woman who was making good money before she became a mother. Also, she now depends on a man which she didn't before.

As for the sexual intercourse, that's one of the benefits women have too. The better acceptability part, I don't know about it. It may be true for men and it may only be true in the Nigerian context. For women it reduces their chances of employment as they are less available for the simple reason that they have to divide their time between work and child care. Employers know it and often prefer people who do not have little children.

Again, all the above perks can only be achieved if one marries the right person. Marrying the wrong person can be a mini hell on earth. This is why people should eschew the scams called love and romance and marry for the right reason...compatibility, parenthood and responsibility. Approach marriage like you would a job interview, and vouch candidates wisely and objectively.

I kind of agree with you on this although I am more romantic still. The idea that a marriage must be based on romanic love (which for most people includes the feeling of infatuation, strong attraction and excitement) is relatively new and since the feeling of romantic love is of short durability many people become disillusioned and disappointed. People back in the day married spouses they barely knew, often chosen by their parents and they knew that marriage wasn't meant to fulfill their emotional needs in the first place but ensure stability based on division of labor for them and their children. People didn't think of divorce because they felt they didn't love their wife/husband anymore. It was unheard of.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by bukatyne(f): 11:43am On Dec 15, 2019
DenreleDave:

1. She bears the name of her husband.. Switching from miss or Mrs. Hence, she earns the respect

2. Financial opportunities. The man go feed her feed her family

3. Protection

4. Women wants children to surround them.. They need a man sperm for that..

5. They get sex anytime they want, not anytime the man wants... Rubbish

1. The man also gets respect from becoming a Mr. Single men are not given serious positions. Some women have also made name with their maiden names. Besides, most women are addressed as Ms. (which does not denote marital status)

2. This is assuming the wife does not earn. However, it is very obvious that women do earn and contribute. I am sure you have heard a lot of 'my mother struggled to train me & my siblings' stories a lot.

3. Protection in what sense?

4. If you understand biology well, you will understand that it is easier to get sperm than to get a womb. Couple that with the fact that a man needs to be sure he is really investing in his seed and not some other man's. Tough one bro, men are the ones looking for a womb more.

5. Women get sex anytime they want. Is it quality? Maybe not. I agree with you that some wives tend to ration sex in marriage as a hold on the husband. This however only works for men who are faithful.

12 Likes

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 15, 2019
Mindfulness:

It depends on the woman. For some women it means less income because women give up their jobs/careers once they become a mother. And unless the man makes really good money (not average), the additional financial responsibilities that children bring coupled with the fact that they can't work until their kids reach a certain age and later on probably only part-time will lead to less income for a woman who was making good money before she became a mother. Also, she now depends on a man which she didn't before.

As for the sexual intercourse, that's one of the benefits women have too. The better acceptability part, I don't know about it. It may be true for men and it may only be true in the Nigerian context. For women it reduces their chances of employment as they are less available for the simple reason that they have to divide their time between work and child care. Employers know it and often prefer people who do not have little children.

I was kind of pointing out the advantages from the op's point of view. I understand he's a man. There is no doubt that women have the greater advantage in getting married. As for the clear career disadvantages to a woman, I do not consider those a minus. Unlike a man, a woman's career is a trifling hobby, not a responsibility. I believe in a man's responsibility for taking care of ALL the home's expenses. Any man who expects his wife to contribute to the household expenses has no right to gripe over the problems of marriage.

Mindfulness:

I kind of agree with you on this although I am more romantic still. The idea that a marriage must be based on romanic love (which for most people includes the feeling of infatuation, strong attraction and excitement) is relatively new and since the feeling of romantic love is of short durability many people become disillusioned and disappointed. People back in the day married spouses they barely knew, often chosen by their parents and they knew that marriage wasn't meant to fulfill their emotional needs in the first place but ensure stability based on division of labor for them and their children. People didn't think of divorce because they felt they didn't love their wife/husband anymore. It was unheard of.

Exactly.

As for having lavish weddings, that one is a recent form of generational madness. When it is over, the belle-full guests will go to their homes leaving you with the dirty plates and a huge crippling debt.

1 Like

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by Saintmary(f): 11:52am On Dec 15, 2019
DenreleDave:

I will either show you here the reason why marriage is bad for women, or make a counter thread. I'll be back.

1 Like

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by LadySarah: 11:57am On Dec 15, 2019
A community penis finally decides to settle with a female virgin.haqhaqhaq.ou are not alright.

In Nigeria,only girls are expected to be virgins.So the community penis can tour the v. globe without shame.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 15, 2019
emmaodet:
Bro, that is trend growing now.
A lot of people are beginning to question marriage but i don't think women will really be worried about that because as far as i know, a lot of women even prefer relationship to marriage because they see it as cage and burden until most clock 30 and above.
Provided there is money, probably a woman doing good high paying job - marriage is a turn off to them because of the stress of been with a man but the low earners, broke and lazy ones will be given a run for there little kobo, they want marriage not really because they like the stress and wahala of a man but because ooverall it is better than footing their own bills alone - i call it the Fear of Poverty and Full Responsibilities.
Women don't want men - pls bro note this down today.
They only want the comfort men provides and barring that, you will be shown the exit door.
That is why a rich baby mama, widow, divorcee don't like to remarry unless it worth the stress by marrying someone times 3 or more of their own worth e.g oyinbos in oil and gas industry e.t.c

It is not a mystery that the more empowered women are becoming, the lesser they all wanted marriage e.g check female footballers, musicians, top earning actresses etc they all have something similar in common - staying single
If you ask why? They give you list of excuses of not ready for men palava, wahala and troubles not to write off cheating by men.
Funny enough - All these traits and qualities are what we have far far more in women - serial cheats, paternity fraudsters, relationship fraudsters, too many wahalas, troubles baggages not to talk of shouldering her family's problems. They don't see all these because they are extremely Selfish and Self centered.
It's high time marriage should probably be scrapped or Reviewed because the present marriage constitution is not sustainable nor in tune with present realities.

Many men and women don't want marriage because they grew up believing in Disneyland/Hollywood stories and learned that in real life it is as hard to sustain this romance based stories as it is hard to hit the jackpot so they don't stress and find happiness elsewhere. Social media with all the nice family portraits of happy families doesn't help either. They don't show real life and create more unrealistic expectations. You see a family nicely dressed and all smiles but it is a picture capturing a moment in time, a few minutes at best, where everyone is acting. You don't see the financial struggle in the picture. The sleepless nights with a new-born baby who shouts all night long and you don't why. These pictures don't show what people look like in the morning or when they are sick. You don't see a child's struggles in school. The in-laws calls and demands for support, you don't see it in pictures.

And then you see threads on NL. My husband/wife doesn't satisfy me anymore. My husband/wife changed after marriage. I am in a loveless marriage. I want a divorce.

People must be told that the lovey-dovey phase is short lived. It's created by a mixture of hormones which will change certainly and therefore change the person you got married to.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 15, 2019
RisenPhoenix:

I was kind of pointing out the advantages from the op's point of view. I understand he's a man. There is no doubt that women have the greater advantage in getting married. As for the clear career disadvantages to a woman, I do not consider those a minus. Unlike a man, a woman's career is a trifling hobby, not a responsibility. I believe in a man's responsibility for taking care of ALL the home's expenses. Any man who expects his wife to contribute to the household expenses has no right to gripe over the problems of marriage.

I wasn't raised like this so I disagree. I see it as a shared responsibility and in reality most women share this responsibility and have always done so. How many men in Nigeria can afford to feed the family without a woman's input? The difference is that men can have a family and a career but for a woman to combine both is a greater challenge and some of us are very passionate about our careers. We are ambitious too, you know. wink

Exactly.

As for having lavish weddings, that one is a recent form of generational madness. When it is over, the belle-full guests will go to their homes leaving you with the dirty plates and a huge crippling debt.

I would rather have people donate the money for children suffering from cancer.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by DenreleDave(m): 12:20pm On Dec 15, 2019
LadySarah:
A community penis finally decides to settle with a female virgin.haqhaqhaq.ou are not alright.

In Nigeria,only girls are expected to be virgins.So the community penis can tour the v. globe without shame.

U oo, me oo, the community penis oo, virgin oo, Nigeria ooo, male ooo, female ooo

We are all mad
Re: Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it by emmaodet: 1:00pm On Dec 15, 2019
Mindfulness:

Many men and women don't want marriage because they grew up believing in Disneyland/Hollywood stories and learned that in real life it is as hard to sustain this romance based stories as it is hard to hit the jackpot so they don't stress and find happiness elsewhere. Social media with all the nice family portraits of happy families doesn't help either. They don't show real life and create more unrealistic expectations. You see a family nicely dressed and all smiles but it is a picture capturing a moment in time, a few minutes at best, where everyone is acting. You don't see the financial struggle in the picture. The sleepless nights with a new-born baby who shouts all night long and you don't why. These pictures don't show what people look like in the morning or when they are sick. You don't see a child's struggles in school. The in-laws calls and demands for support, you don't see it in pictures.

And then you see threads on NL. My husband/wife doesn't satisfy me anymore. My husband/wife changed after marriage. I am in a loveless marriage. I want a divorce.

People must be told that the lovey-dovey phase is short lived. It's created by a mixture of hormones which will change certainly and therefore change the person you got married to.

Waoooooooooo
You are 100% correct, 100% correct.
The fake lives, social media lives as ruined alot of people due to high expectations.
That is why marriage seems hard to sustain but in reality marriage is very easy to operate if the people involved will set a mentality of going into it for hard work and low expectations instead of "i no come life to struggle or i can't struggle with a man mentality" and high expectations of big expensive cars, building or buying an expensive house in high brow area, vacations in dubai etc
It is also the same mentality you see with students with high expectations in life about graduating, working in a blue chip company with high income, expensive cars etc because of what they were told why growing up from teachers, parents and what they see on tvs

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Would-Be Husband Deceive My And My Family / Join the league of Real Men. Samsu Oil needs no introduction. Ask for d original / Daughter Is 8years Old And She Is Off To Jss1, Should I Allow Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.