Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,421 members, 7,819,516 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration (31959 Views)

Herdsmen Kill Evangelist Segun Adegboyega In His Farm In Oyo, Suspects Arrested / Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard / Prophet Jacob Adegboyega Farinmade Kills, Buries Pregnant Undergraduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by Conceptman: 12:38pm On Dec 15, 2019
Akolawole:

I am surprised.

Tobi has done really really well despite his short stay in UK. He has taken a lot of drug boys and forgotten people off the street even housing them.

However I have no clue about this blood of a thing. My fear for him at all times is his age and the environment he now sojourn.

Hope he wasn't framed up.
I was able to view some of his impacting character to the youths on his social media, that was how I knew few things about him. He's a young dude and his passion for the youths and drug addicted ones to revive them and touching their lives through the words of God and restructuring them to a new society made me like him but allegations like this breaks the heart and destroys every good deeds one has done. I hope he's innocent
Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by mmsen: 12:39pm On Dec 15, 2019
They need to investigate all of those African churches. Most of them are exploitative.
Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by mmsen: 12:44pm On Dec 15, 2019
destinie2019:

It's people and their money, o great hater of the church. Please ask also, whose money is used to sponsor people for hajj? Is it personal money or taxpayer's money? Should the hundreds of billions used for hajj from government coffers be subject to investigation too?

Yes. It should.

Government should not subsidize such nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by tonysunkan: 12:46pm On Dec 15, 2019
The idea of the original church has derailed. Now church is big business.
Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:50pm On Dec 15, 2019
Conceptman:
This man came public recently over his intention to help raise Nigerian society, less privileged and I can remember he funded 2 or 3 people when he started his donation and charity for Nigerians, I'm surprised at this accusations, hope it's not the same way they treated air peace boss because he decided to bring back stranded Nigerians in south Africa and ever since then, they only came up with different fraud accusations. Pastor Tobi was planning to bring in investors to Nigeria as well and even some of his followers were asking him to go into politics . Well, we are watching as things unfold. Happy Sunday Nairalanders, communicate with us if you want to make your aluminium windows. He was even planning to start a recycling company in Nigeria to create job opportunities as he claimed
UK, unlike Nigeria is not a banana republic, if he is innocent, he has no cause to worry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by redsun(m): 12:54pm On Dec 15, 2019
seunmsg:

When are we having a regulatory commission to carry out similar investigation in Nigeria? The British brought Christianity to Nigeria and they are sensible enough to create a commission to regulate and investigate churches in their country. But in Nigeria, Churches are untouchable and pastors are beyond reproach.

The last time someone at Financial reporting council of Nigeria attempted to issue a regulatory code to guide the operation of churches, he was fired in less than a week after the issuance of the code.

Nothing is regulated in Nigeria, including the government itself. No code of conduct, practice or ethics in all spheres of discipline in Nigeria, that is why the county is lawless.

The guy is obviously living well with gullible people's sweat and blood. You have to be among the top five per cent in the UK to afford the kind of home he has.

2 Likes

Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by 1Sharon(f): 12:58pm On Dec 15, 2019
I heard about this stupid church. Don't give a damn about them.
Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by 1Sharon(f): 1:00pm On Dec 15, 2019
Sunnymatey:
Why are most nigerians so greedy?

Black ppl in general..so annoying!
Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by 400billionman: 1:02pm On Dec 15, 2019
YorubaPrince:
Nigerians seemed to be accursed, I swear. We tend to mess up every good venture introduced to us by the western worlds. Money, money, money and more money seems to be the undoing of these miscreants called Nigerian Pastors.

Just imagine dis one for God's sake... are the congregation that blind or what? angry Morally lacking mofos feeding on the congregants ignorance.

How can Pastors be living in opulence at the expense of the church? Yet, some gullible fools would support them just like they support 9ja Politicians. I'm not surprised anyway when Osinbajo and several other Pastors joined a dirty thing as 9ja Politics, it says a lot.

Private jets, exotic cars, exotic houses, expensive schools etc... yet majority of their members suffer.

May God Almighty seek revenge on these fvcked up individuals portraying as Pastors and acting like God to their congregants. Bastards!

>90% of Nigerians are suffering from various forms of mental illnesses! Fact!

Lot of Nigerians are mentally challenged.

They won't finish a discussion without including, " My Pastor said "...

Not that God said.

Nah person wey hear from God go know when Pastor lies. Or is Pastor an angel ?
Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by Thegoodone13(m): 1:07pm On Dec 15, 2019
TheMainone:
Many Nigerian pastors are sophisticated fraudsters!

They take your money with so much confidence and authority! Fuc!ing criminals!!

I don't understand why seun or Niraland moderator will ban Christian to comments on Islam topic on Friday but refuses to do the same things on Christian topic on Sunday.
Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by 1Sharon(f): 1:14pm On Dec 15, 2019
destinie2019:

The real reason why systems in Nigeria are being hijacked to drag the entire country into the abyss is simple: the majority are unemployed, therefore having time to attend special prayer programs in church. The churches grew on account of this.
Trying to demonize churches now is futile. Many of us are finding employment and succour in church now, especially with the government skewed against Christians.
Maybe you should try employing the majority of the people, and they might be too busy to do church as they do it now.

So majority of Nigerians are employed by the church? undecided
Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by 1Sharon(f): 1:16pm On Dec 15, 2019
Forumobserver12:

Oga, do you know why it will be difficult to regulate religion in Nigeria? The answer is simple, politicians need them to win election and the religious leaders in tge country recognize this fact and they are taking advantage of it..

Religion and politics go hand in hand. They never question each other. They are in cahoots.
Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by 1Sharon(f): 1:16pm On Dec 15, 2019
lonelydora:

If Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo of KICC survived it, this pastor will survive too.

God's words MUST be preached.

Lol sheep
Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by maasoap(m): 1:30pm On Dec 15, 2019
Conceptman:
This man came public recently over his intention to help raise Nigerian society, less privileged and I can remember he funded 2 or 3 people when he started his donation and charity for Nigerians, I'm surprised at this accusations, hope it's not the same way they treated air peace boss because he decided to bring back stranded Nigerians in south Africa and ever since then, they only came up with different fraud accusations. Pastor Tobi was planning to bring in investors to Nigeria as well and even some of his followers were asking him to go into politics . Well, we are watching as things unfold. Happy Sunday Nairalanders, communicate with us if you want to make your aluminium windows. He was even planning to start a recycling company in Nigeria to create job opportunities as he claimed

All these are just excuses to shield criminals from facing their ugly past and present. You don't know their past, you don't know their secrets, you have no business defending them
Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 15, 2019
Driwiz:
The Car plate number says PA570RR but me I sense PASTORR. Sense will not kill me�����
Trust me, everybody saw that.
Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by Wande22(m): 1:44pm On Dec 15, 2019
YorubaPrince:
Nigerians seemed to be accursed, I swear. We tend to mess up every good venture introduced to us by the western worlds. Money, money, money and more money seems to be the undoing of these miscreants called Nigerian Pastors.

Just imagine dis one for God's sake... are the congregation that blind or what? angry Morally lacking mofos feeding on the congregants ignorance.

How can Pastors be living in opulence at the expense of the church? Yet, some gullible fools would support them just like they support 9ja Politicians. I'm not surprised anyway when Osinbajo and several other Pastors joined a dirty thing as 9ja Politics, it says a lot.

Private jets, exotic cars, exotic houses, expensive schools etc... yet majority of their members suffer.

May God Almighty seek revenge on these fvcked up individuals portraying as Pastors and acting like God to their congregants. Bastards!

>90% of Nigerians are suffering from various forms of mental illnesses! Fact!
All Nigerians not Pastors ALONe
Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by Nukilia: 1:51pm On Dec 15, 2019
Wande22:

All Nigerians not Pastors ALONe
You this blood sucking Ghanaian get out of this Nigeria forum! undecided
Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by shaw2(m): 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2019
What are you investigating?
Jail the mother fucker immediately.
Migrated to UK to receive hard currency since naira no get value again.
They have absolutely nothing to worry about unlike Nigerians who have over 3billion problems and thinks that going to church will solve their problem while they end up being scammed by these men
Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by klax(m): 2:10pm On Dec 15, 2019
No too much story his extravagant lifestyles has said it all if he is guilty send him to jail to rot no mercy. These is how they messed Christianity in Nigeria with their disgraceful attitudes.

Send him to jail if find guilty enough is enough of Nigerian pastor these Nigerian pastor that
Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by shaw2(m): 2:10pm On Dec 15, 2019
The same way Orji Kalu who's currently in jail used same medium to create several foundations in the name of helping the less privilege while he used them to launder money and deceive himself thinking he is deceiving general public.
Africans don't know God and will never know him until these fraudsters on suit claiming to be men of God delete from the surface of the earth.
Conceptman:

1 Like

Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by Kennydoc(m): 2:13pm On Dec 15, 2019
seunmsg:

When are we having a regulatory commission to carry out similar investigation in Nigeria? The British brought Christianity to Nigeria and they are sensible enough to create a commission to regulate and investigate churches in their country. But in Nigeria, Churches are untouchable and pastors are beyond reproach.

The last time someone at Financial reporting council of Nigeria attempted to issue a regulatory code to guide the operation of churches, he was fired in less than a week after the issuance of the code.

I hope the regulatory commission will also affect mosques, or will it only be churches?
Part of what the UK Charity commission does is that when people donate to charities including churches and sign the gift aid scheme, if the donors are tax payers, the charities can reclaim about 25% or so of whatever amount that individual donated from the government. So for example, if I am a tax payer and I donate £1000 to my church, the church can claim an additional £250 from the government, and that will come from my taxes. That is the government's way of supporting charities of which churches are members.
Will the Nigerian government also do this when they start regulating churches?

1 Like

Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by KosiGee(m): 2:19pm On Dec 15, 2019
Conceptman:

If you live in the Uk, operate a church or charity organisation but you live large, drive expensive range of vehicles with that exotic Lamborghini with customised player number advertising your title (PASTOR= PA570RR) then you are asking for trouble and really reckless and stupid.

Even the Archbishop of Canterbury wouldn’t do such. The British public would descend on him if he tried that, how much more this pastor Tobi. Ashimolowo of KICC faced investigations of similar incident in the past, lots of Pentecostal pastors have been under investigation over the way they operate their churches of charities. Pastor Tobi is no different and he should’ve learnt from the past and focus seriously on his calling if he truly was CALLED.

1 Like

Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by midnighter(f): 2:20pm On Dec 15, 2019
godquality:
And here i am foolishly thinking the gullible ones reside only in Nigeria.

Seems living abroad, having better access to education in this internet age doesn't make people smarter.

This seems to be a Christian only phenomenon - taking advantage of gullible people's faith and believe to enrich pastors and church workers.

That stuff is more of a cult than a church.

Its attendees are mostly at-risk youth living in poor, ghettoised, high crime areas. They are already vulnerable and close to the edge which made it easier for that dude to exploit them to his nefarious ends

Normal, well-adjusted people wouldnt be caught dead in that church
Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by MedicH: 2:44pm On Dec 15, 2019
Life has never given me one reason to donate money to church. I search for those one with no food to eat and let them know miracle happens.
Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by Insectkiller: 2:45pm On Dec 15, 2019
TheMainone:
Many Nigerian pastors are sophisticated fraudsters!

They take your money with so much confidence and authority! Fuc!ing criminals!!

Is it paining you??

U can start yours with more confidence..
grin grin
Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by Omoslim26: 2:57pm On Dec 15, 2019
successking401:
Don't enter into 2020 with erectile dysfunction. Don't enter into 2020 with staphylococcus aureus and other infections. Be the man in charge in your bedroom. Don't wait till your wife tells you that you bleeped her just like a fowl. What a shameful thing that would be! Talk to me today for a lasting solution.

Rememember it is Strictly herbs.
Check my signature

do you have medicine for talkative

I want to give it to my neighbor she fucking talks too much

she is either talking or singing one kind song or the other bt her mouth must not keep quiet

if you have the medicine how much is it
Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by successking401(m): 3:03pm On Dec 15, 2019
Lol
Omoslim26:

do you have medicine for talkative

I want to give it to my neighbor she fucking talks too much

she is either talking or singing one kind song or the other bt her mouth must not keep quiet

if you have the medicine how much is it
Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 15, 2019
Crooked pastor. What does he need 2 Range Rovers for? He obviously do not believe that his rewards are in heaven. Infact, i don't think he believes that heaven even Exists.
Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 15, 2019
KosiGee:

If you live in the Uk, operate a church or charity organisation but you live large, drive expensive range of vehicles with that exotic Lamborghini with customised player number advertising your title (PASTOR= PA570RR) then you are asking for trouble and really reckless and stupid.

Even the Archbishop of Canterbury wouldn’t do such. The British public would descend on him if he tried that, how much more this pastor Tobi. Ashimolowo of KICC faced investigations of similar incident in the past, lost of Pentecostal pastors have been under investigation over the way they operate their churches of charities. Pastor Tobi is no different and he should’ve learnt from the past and focus seriously on his calling if he truly was CALLED.
Absolutely! I attended KICC once in East london. The pastor was just preaching about money.. Donate, Donate, Donate! he said we should donate a £1000 each. After that day i never went back, Infact, I stopped going to church entirely.

What does he need 2 Range rovers For? They will seize his properties and them cars.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by AngelicBeing: 3:46pm On Dec 15, 2019
sassysure:
Religion grin
Whenever u start asking questions, the hypnotism will clear from your eyes.
It's like magic
Hian, l am starting a church very soon and I will make you a pastor

1 Like

Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by lereinter(m): 3:51pm On Dec 15, 2019
Selling their blood bawo!

For that church na blacks go full there
Re: Tobi Adegboyega's Church Investigated Over Claims That He Extorted Congregration by Babinski: 3:58pm On Dec 15, 2019
seunmsg:

In Nigeria, abuse of power and dishonesty is very rampant. As such the Government cannot be trusted to supervise religion in anyway, particularly when some have been using same government to advance a religion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stepmother Kills Co-wife's Twins With Rat Posion In Kontagora, Niger State(Pics / SARS Holds Man At Gunpoint, Forces Him To Withdraw N100k With His ATM / CAC Pastor Arrested For Impregnating 16-Year-Old Girl In Ondo (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.