Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

What Does The Bible Mean By "He That Overcometh Shall Inherit All Things?" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Mean By "He That Overcometh Shall Inherit All Things?" (9532 Views)

As Christians, What Does It Truly Mean By No Sex Before Marriage? / What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? / What Does Bible Mean By "The Righteousness That Exceeds That Of The Pharisees?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Bible Mean By "He That Overcometh Shall Inherit All Things?" by mrZENographer: 11:47am On Dec 22, 2019
CHOSEN IS CELEBRATING 17 YEARS TODAY.

Re: What Does The Bible Mean By "He That Overcometh Shall Inherit All Things?" by kense88: 11:47am On Dec 22, 2019
Winner takes all
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By "He That Overcometh Shall Inherit All Things?" by Reinvented: 12:06pm On Dec 22, 2019
Brethren, the LORD through Apostle Paul warned us about the heresy of the last days. He stated,

"But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness.And their message will spread like cancer. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of this sort,who have strayed concerning the truth, saying that the resurrection is already past; and they overthrow the faith of some.Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.” - 2 Timothy 2:16-19

To the OP, please quit the deception. Rev 21:8 is very clear. Ananas and Saphira were they not born again? How about Hymenaeus and Philetus mentioned up there by Paul? If you betray the Faith, you are no different than Satan ... YOU WILL GO TO HELL! It is simple as that. I hope you realise that your teaching means a man can become born again and later become an occultist or convert to other religion and still overcome by your teaching. Please, repent or you perish in hellfire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Bible Mean By "He That Overcometh Shall Inherit All Things?" by Kudducini(m): 12:14pm On Dec 22, 2019
Does it mean that we should just accept jesus and we are saved? Even if we continue to sin after accepting JESUS
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By "He That Overcometh Shall Inherit All Things?" by ctleurocollege: 12:35pm On Dec 22, 2019
ursullalinda:
I'm doing everything possible to make heaven.....Nigeria is hell already......can't afford a second missionary journey to a place like this.....God forbid .....so OP i will overcome and inherit all things excluding Nigeria

Can people afford data and android phones for browsing in hell?
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By "He That Overcometh Shall Inherit All Things?" by Charly68: 1:59pm On Dec 22, 2019
Check this : 2 Timothy 3:10-14 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By "He That Overcometh Shall Inherit All Things?" by Shenky(m): 2:16pm On Dec 22, 2019
Firebomber:

And how does it relate to the topic?
Lol he perfectly made sense in relative to the topic..why are you a Christian today? If it was Africans that colonized UK or US, what religion do you think they will practice??
Happy forefathers Day grin
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By "He That Overcometh Shall Inherit All Things?" by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 22, 2019
ursullalinda:
I'm doing everything possible to make heaven.....Nigeria is hell already......can't afford a second missionary journey to a place like this.....God forbid .....so OP i will overcome and inherit all things excluding Nigeria
Easy oo, my friend grin. Seriously, Nigeria has made me who I am today. I think God didn't make any mistake for creating us where we have found ourselves. Being able to discover our potentials and asking Him for a guide is highly essential.
Lemme share a brief story. A few years back, I was invited by an organisation in DC as one of the upcoming professionals in various fields. The event took place at the Daughters of American Revolution Hall, DC. I was the only invitee from Nigeria and the entire sub saharan Africa...we were 3 in total from the African continent. There I had the opportunity to meet with the US president who came to give a pep talk. After looking at myself in the mammoth crowd...people invited from various countries of the world with America topping the list, I was like...had I been born here, maybe I'd not have had the opportunity of being in this hall today. I could see only a scanty number of blacks (whom were mostly black americans and black British) in the huge gathering.

Nigeria isn't hell. All the leaders who have made her so would not go unpunished. They've sinned against the holy spirit, which doesn't have forgiveness. They have made many, who would have made heaven to die in sin. God has blessed us so much. We aren't supposed to be begging for meal in the midst of plenty....things won't continue this way for long. As the people of Israel left Egypt, so would Nigeria's case be. Happy Sunday all and merry Christmas in advance. Odun a yabo fun gbogbo waooo. Amin.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Mean By "He That Overcometh Shall Inherit All Things?" by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 22, 2019
It means Have sex with Every Woman you come Across or Anything that has a Vagina. And make sure you come.
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By "He That Overcometh Shall Inherit All Things?" by Liposure: 3:08pm On Dec 22, 2019
ursullalinda:
honey, read matthew 5:1-10.it might help u more
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By "He That Overcometh Shall Inherit All Things?" by wonuks(m): 3:39pm On Dec 22, 2019
Being born again (received salvation) you are expected to follow Jesus everyday.

There's no holiday in serving God. No holidays in being a Christian. If you fall don't stay there, stand and and keep running the race. Don't let the thorns of life deprive you the crown that awaits you.

Your faith in God without works of righteousness is dead. You can't claim to be a Christian and do anyhow.

You must please your new Master (Jesus) who gave himself for you. Don't ever think following Jesus is hard. He said my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Just look into him. Author and finisher of our faith and you won't fail.

Don't lose your salvation.
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By "He That Overcometh Shall Inherit All Things?" by cococandy(f): 4:43pm On Dec 22, 2019
Nothing
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By "He That Overcometh Shall Inherit All Things?" by ekevwe(m): 4:58pm On Dec 22, 2019
It means don't fold your hands and watch others overtake you..get up and fight for what belongs to you
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By "He That Overcometh Shall Inherit All Things?" by ursullalinda(f): 8:19pm On Dec 22, 2019
fairfora:
Easy oo, my friend grin. Seriously, Nigeria has made me who I am today. I think God didn't make any mistake for creating us where we have found ourselves. Being able to discover our potentials and asking Him for a guide is highly essential.
Lemme share a brief story. A few years back, I was invited by an organisation in DC as one of the upcoming professionals in various fields. The event took place at the Daughters of American Revolution Hall, DC. I was the only invitee from Nigeria and the entire sub saharan Africa...we were 3 in total from the African continent. There I had the opportunity to meet with the US president who came to give a pep talk. After looking at myself in the mammoth crowd...people invited from various countries of the world with America topping the list, I was like...had I been born here, maybe I'd not have had the opportunity of being in this hall today. I could see only a scanty number of blacks (whom were mostly black americans and black British) in the huge gathering.

Nigeria isn't hell. All the leaders who have made her so would not go unpunished. They've sinned against the holy spirit, which doesn't have forgiveness. They have made many, who would have made heaven to die in sin. God has blessed us so much. We aren't supposed to be begging for meal in the midst of plenty....things won't continue this way for long. As the people of Israel left Egypt, so would Nigeria's case be. Happy Sunday all and merry Christmas in advance. Odun a yabo fun gbogbo waooo. Amin.

No doubt about us being blessed but men the survival rate as a Nigerian is damn too low.....and it's not encouraging @ all

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Mean By "He That Overcometh Shall Inherit All Things?" by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 22, 2019
ursullalinda:

No doubt about us being blessed but men the survival rate as a Nigerian is damn too low.....and it's not encouraging @ all
true

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Mean By "He That Overcometh Shall Inherit All Things?" by Kobojunkiee: 10:13pm On Sep 27, 2023
unstoppable51:
Does Revelations 21:7-8 teach that a believer can lose his Salvation and end up in Hell? What does the Bible mean by “He that overcometh shall inherit all things?”
Read instead what Jesus Christ told you in Matthew 24 vs 13 and Mark 13 vs 13
All people will hate you because you follow me. But those who remain faithful to the end will be saved. - Mark 13 vs 13
That implies that all those who fall short will not be saved. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Vote - Who Is A Tither? / Happy Birthday To Our Blessed Virgin Mary- Feast Of Immaculate Conception / Are Christians in Conflict or Does the Bible Contradict Itself?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.