Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Car Failure - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Failure (1052 Views)

Break Failure Experience ( Pix ) / How To Avoid Catastrophic Engine failure / See Why Honda Has More Ball Joint Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Failure by alhassankantin: 3:47pm On Dec 15, 2019
Good day sirs,

My Peugeot 308 wouldn't start at first ignition, usually it starts during the second. Last week, it starts at the second ignition, while I was waiting as it warms; it went off. I repeatedly tried to start the car but it only cranks.

Ever since then, several checks are been run on the car but to no avail. I was later told that the ECU is locked and they needed access code to open it and reprogram it. After the provision of the access code, the car couldn't start.

Finally, I was informed that I will need to buy a new Brainbox for the car. Indeed, I'm still in shock.

Although I am a novice in the system, I need to consult experts and experience hands on this. I still can't believe that the car's failure to start could be linked to damage of the brainbox.

Please help me with your thoughts. Thank you!
Re: Car Failure by brownviki: 5:37pm On Dec 15, 2019
Re: Car Failure by gambus007(m): 8:25pm On Dec 22, 2019
alhassankantin:
Good day sirs,

My Peugeot 308 wouldn't start at first ignition, usually it starts during the second. Last week, it starts at the second ignition, while I was waiting as it warms; it went off. I repeatedly tried to start the car but it only cranks.

Ever since then, several checks are been run on the car but to no avail. I was later told that the ECU is locked and they needed access code to open it and reprogram it. After the provision of the access code, the car couldn't start.

Finally, I was informed that I will need to buy a new Brainbox for the car. Indeed, I'm still in shock.

Although I am a novice in the system, I need to consult experts and experience hands on this. I still can't believe that the car's failure to start could be linked to damage of the brainbox.

Please help me with your thoughts. Thank you!
Get an expert who uses Peugeot specific scanner to know what is real cause..ECU and BSI dont go bad like that. Get diagbox aka PP2000
Re: Car Failure by alhassankantin: 7:24am On Dec 24, 2019
Thank you sir.

(1) (Reply)

Honda Civic 2002 Gear / MY Uber Xperiences / Auto Secretes That Make Sellers Panic When They Know You Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.