Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,137 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

More Terror From The Lord Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / More Terror From The Lord Jesus (1427 Views)

Ahmad Amadi: Why I Converted To Christianity - Leader Of Muslims Against Terror / Good Friday; The Commemoration Of The Death Of Our Lord Jesus Christ / What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Terror From The Lord Jesus by AntiChristian: 5:50pm On Dec 15, 2019
Judges 1:21-35
The tribe of Benjamin, however, failed to drive out the Jebusites, who were living in Jerusalem. So to this day the Jebusites live in Jerusalem among the people of Benjamin. The descendants of Joseph attacked the town of Bethel, and the LORD was with them. They sent spies to Bethel (formerly known as Luz), who confronted a man coming out of the city. They said to him, "Show us a way into the city, and we will have mercy on you." So he showed them a way in, and they killed everyone in the city except for this man and his family. Later the man moved to the land of the Hittites, where he built a city. He named the city Luz, and it is known by that name to this day. The tribe of Manasseh failed to drive out the people living in Beth-shan, Taanach, Dor, Ibleam, Megiddo, and their surrounding villages, because the Canaanites were determined to stay in that region.
When the Israelites grew stronger, they forced the Canaanites to work as slaves, but they never did drive them out of the land. The tribe of Ephraim also failed to drive out the Canaanites living in Gezer, and so the Canaanites continued to live there among them. The tribe of Zebulun also failed to drive out the Canaanites living in Kitron and Nahalol, who continued to live among them. But they forced them to work as slaves. The tribe of Asher also failed to drive out the residents of Acco, Sidon, Ahlab, Aczib, Helbah, Aphik, and Rehob. In fact, because they did not drive them out, the Canaanites dominated the land where the people of Asher lived. The tribe of Naphtali also failed to drive out the residents of Beth-shemesh and Beth-anath. Instead, the Canaanites dominated the land where they lived. Nevertheless, the people of Beth-shemesh and Beth-anath were sometimes forced to work as slaves for the people of Naphtali. As for the tribe of Dan, the Amorites forced them into the hill country and would not let them come down into the plains. The Amorites were determined to stay in Mount Heres, Aijalon, and Shaalbim, but when the descendants of Joseph became stronger, they forced the Amorites to work as slaves.

Zephaniah 2:12-15
"You Ethiopians will also be slaughtered by my sword," says the LORD. And the LORD will strike the lands of the north with his fist. He will destroy Assyria and make its great capital, Nineveh, a desolate wasteland, parched like a desert. The city that once was so proud will become a pasture for sheep and cattle. All sorts of wild animals will settle there. Owls of many kinds will live among the ruins of its palaces, hooting from the gaping windows. Rubble will block all the doorways, and the cedar paneling will lie open to the wind and weather. This is the fate of that boisterous city, once so secure. "In all the world there is no city as great as I," it boasted. But now, look how it has become an utter ruin, a place where animals live! Everyone passing that way will laugh in derision or shake a defiant fist

Leviticus 21:9
A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.

Interesting

1Samuel 6:19-20
And he smote of the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of Jehovah, he smote of the people seventy men, `and' fifty thousand men; and the people mourned, because Jehovah had smitten the people with a great slaughter. And the men of Beth-shemesh said, Who is able to stand before Jehovah, this holy God? and to whom shall he go up from us?

1 Kings 20:35-36
Meanwhile, the LORD instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man, "Strike me!" But the man refused to strike the prophet. Then the prophet told him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, a lion will kill you as soon as you leave me." And sure enough, when he had gone, a lion attacked and killed him.

What?!

Ezekiel 9:5-7
"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all - old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told."

Another massacre.

Jeremiah 51:20-26
"You are my battle-ax and sword," says the LORD. "With you I will shatter nations and destroy many kingdoms. With you I will shatter armies, destroying the horse and rider, the chariot and charioteer. With you I will shatter men and women, old people and children, young men and maidens. With you I will shatter shepherds and flocks, farmers and oxen, captains and rulers. "As you watch, I will repay Babylon and the people of Babylonia for all the wrong they have done to my people in Jerusalem," says the LORD. "Look, O mighty mountain, destroyer of the earth! I am your enemy," says the LORD. "I will raise my fist against you, to roll you down from the heights. When I am finished, you will be nothing but a heap of rubble. You will be desolate forever. Even your stones will never again be used for building. You will be completely wiped out," says the LORD.

Another massacre, same old story.

Isaiah 13:15-18
Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.

It seem it gets from bad to worse!

1 Kings 13:1-2
At the LORD's command, a man of God from Judah went to Bethel, and he arrived there just as Jeroboam was approaching the altar to offer a sacrifice. Then at the LORD's command, he shouted, "O altar, altar! This is what the LORD says: A child named Josiah will be born into the dynasty of David. On you he will sacrifice the priests from the pagan shrines who come here to burn incense, and human bones will be burned on you."

Very sick indeed.

Exodus 21:20-21
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property

So you can beat your slave as much as you like, just make sure IT doesn't die, and I call the slave it since a slave is a mere possession according to the Bible.

I think that should do, this without a doubt proves that the Bible that the Christians hold preaches and advocates terrorism. I challenge any Christian to come and tell me these verses which I posted are not evil and not terrorism.
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by Kenneth4u205(m): 7:15pm On Dec 15, 2019
AntiChristian:

The tribe of Benjamin, however, failed to drive out the Jebusites, who were living in Jerusalem. So to this day the Jebusites live in Jerusalem among the people of Benjamin. The descendants of Joseph attacked the town of Bethel, and the LORD was with them. They sent spies to Bethel (formerly known as Luz), who confronted a man coming out of the city. They said to him, "Show us a way into the city, and we will have mercy on you." So he showed them a way in, and they killed everyone in the city except for this man and his family. Later the man moved to the land of the Hittites, where he built a city. He named the city Luz, and it is known by that name to this day. The tribe of Manasseh failed to drive out the people living in Beth-shan, Taanach, Dor, Ibleam, Megiddo, and their surrounding villages, because the Canaanites were determined to stay in that region.
When the Israelites grew stronger, they forced the Canaanites to work as slaves, but they never did drive them out of the land. The tribe of Ephraim also failed to drive out the Canaanites living in Gezer, and so the Canaanites continued to live there among them. The tribe of Zebulun also failed to drive out the Canaanites living in Kitron and Nahalol, who continued to live among them. But they forced them to work as slaves. The tribe of Asher also failed to drive out the residents of Acco, Sidon, Ahlab, Aczib, Helbah, Aphik, and Rehob. In fact, because they did not drive them out, the Canaanites dominated the land where the people of Asher lived. The tribe of Naphtali also failed to drive out the residents of Beth-shemesh and Beth-anath. Instead, the Canaanites dominated the land where they lived. Nevertheless, the people of Beth-shemesh and Beth-anath were sometimes forced to work as slaves for the people of Naphtali. As for the tribe of Dan, the Amorites forced them into the hill country and would not let them come down into the plains. The Amorites were determined to stay in Mount Heres, Aijalon, and Shaalbim, but when the descendants of Joseph became stronger, they forced the Amorites to work as slaves.

"You Ethiopians will also be slaughtered by my sword," says the LORD. And the LORD will strike the lands of the north with his fist. He will destroy Assyria and make its great capital, Nineveh, a desolate wasteland, parched like a desert. The city that once was so proud will become a pasture for sheep and cattle. All sorts of wild animals will settle there. Owls of many kinds will live among the ruins of its palaces, hooting from the gaping windows. Rubble will block all the doorways, and the cedar paneling will lie open to the wind and weather. This is the fate of that boisterous city, once so secure. "In all the world there is no city as great as I," it boasted. But now, look how it has become an utter ruin, a place where animals live! Everyone passing that way will laugh in derision or shake a defiant fist

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.

Interesting

And he smote of the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of Jehovah, he smote of the people seventy men, `and' fifty thousand men; and the people mourned, because Jehovah had smitten the people with a great slaughter. And the men of Beth-shemesh said, Who is able to stand before Jehovah, this holy God? and to whom shall he go up from us?

Meanwhile, the LORD instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man, "Strike me!" But the man refused to strike the prophet. Then the prophet told him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, a lion will kill you as soon as you leave me." And sure enough, when he had gone, a lion attacked and killed him.

What?!

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all - old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told."

Another massacre.

"You are my battle-ax and sword," says the LORD. "With you I will shatter nations and destroy many kingdoms. With you I will shatter armies, destroying the horse and rider, the chariot and charioteer. With you I will shatter men and women, old people and children, young men and maidens. With you I will shatter shepherds and flocks, farmers and oxen, captains and rulers. "As you watch, I will repay Babylon and the people of Babylonia for all the wrong they have done to my people in Jerusalem," says the LORD. "Look, O mighty mountain, destroyer of the earth! I am your enemy," says the LORD. "I will raise my fist against you, to roll you down from the heights. When I am finished, you will be nothing but a heap of rubble. You will be desolate forever. Even your stones will never again be used for building. You will be completely wiped out," says the LORD.

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.

At the LORD's command, a man of God from Judah went to Bethel, and he arrived there just as Jeroboam was approaching the altar to offer a sacrifice. Then at the LORD's command, he shouted, "O altar, altar! This is what the LORD says: A child named Josiah will be born into the dynasty of David. On you he will sacrifice the priests from the pagan shrines who come here to burn incense, and human bones will be burned on you."

Very sick indeed.

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property

So you can beat your slave as much as you like, just make sure IT doesn't die, and I call the slave it since a slave is a mere possession according to the Bible.

I think that should do, this without a doubt proves that the Bible that the Christians hold preaches and advocates terrorism. I challenge any Christian to come and tell me these verses which I posted are not evil and not terrorism.
you fail to understand the reason but I will explain.in the old testament,God allowed angels to take on human form .But fallen angels started using this ability wrongly. The take on human flesh and sleep with human ladies .the even sleep with animals .they raise up polluted children .their intentions was to pollute human blood line .God had to rescue humanity by choosing abraham whose bloodline is yet to be corrupted .he raised abraham decendant as and army to completely wipe out all those corrupted offspring of fallen agents from the face of the earth .and also animals because those fallen angels also corrupted the bloodline of animals .there would have been no pure human being left on earth today if God didn't completely wipe them out .those cities that was destroyed have giants,which are bloodline of fallen angels

1 Like

Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by AntiChristian: 11:33pm On Dec 15, 2019
Kenneth4u205:
you fail to understand the reason but I will explain.in the old testament,God allowed angels to take on human form .But fallen angels started using this ability wrongly. The take on human flesh and sleep with human ladies .the even sleep with animals .they raise up polluted children .their intentions was to pollute human blood line .God had to rescue humanity by choosing abraham whose bloodline is yet to be corrupted .he raised abraham decendant as and army to completely wipe out all those corrupted offspring of fallen agents from the face of the earth .and also animals because those fallen angels also corrupted the bloodline of animals .there would have been no pure human being left on earth today if God didn't completely wipe them out .those cities that was destroyed have giants,which are bloodline of fallen angels

You means God was unable to control the Angels he created? And then the humans he created?

2 Likes

Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by fortran12: 11:48am On Dec 22, 2019
AntiChristian:

Interesting

What?!

Another massacre.

Very sick indeed.

You dont just quote verses and ask people to comment, that is lazy writing, there has to be a context to all what you posted. If I talk about mohammed, i will tell you the full story. e.g when he went to khybar ,looted , raped , killed and took the rest as slaves. This is a more compelling topic to talk about than posting verses expecting to start a discussion. That is why your threads lack response and followers
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 3:02pm On Dec 22, 2019
fortran12:

You dont just quote verses and ask people to comment, that is lazy writing, there has to be a context to all what you posted. If I talk about mohammed, i will tell you the full story. e.g when he went to khybar ,looted , raped , killed and took the rest as slaves. This is a more compelling topic to talk about than posting verses expecting to start a discussion. That is why your threads lack response and followers
Will you shut up.
This is pure genocide,how can you justify that.What full story can you possibly give to justify such atrocities in your Bible.

2 Likes

Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by fortran12: 4:26pm On Dec 22, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:

Will you shut up.
This is pure genocide,how can you justify that.What full story can you possibly give to justify such atrocities in your Bible.
Sorry Bros how did you join the conversation.

You seem very rude. Why are you attacking me. This is supposed to be a conversation not a fight
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by AntiChristian: 9:27am On Dec 24, 2019
fortran12:

I think it is sheer hypocrisy for you to mention context now. When you argue around in the Islamic section where is the context?

I don't want response or followers. That The views keep increasing is enough. Many will see the hypocrisy in Christians and in Christianity.
If you say they looted, raped and killed in Khaybar your Lord too commanded same. Can't you blame your gods too?
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by fortran12: 9:49am On Dec 24, 2019
AntiChristian:

I think it is sheer hypocrisy for you to mention context now. When you argue around in the Islamic section where is the context?

I don't want response or followers. That The views keep increasing is enough. Many will see the hypocrisy in Christians and in Christianity.
If you say they looted, raped and killed in Khaybar your Lord too commanded same. Can't you blame your gods too?
We talking about Mohammed. So respond to that
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by AntiChristian: 10:40pm On Dec 24, 2019
fortran12:

We talking about Mohammed. So respond to that

We're talking about all the crimes your Lords committed in the OT and you still remember Muhammad who is human?
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by fortran12: 11:23pm On Dec 24, 2019
AntiChristian:

We're talking about all the crimes your Lords committed in the OT and you still remember Muhammad who is human?
Oh, Mohammed is human, okay. Which crime did the ' lord' commit? You are talking about cases of war and both parties were attacking so where is the crime
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by AntiChristian: 11:29pm On Dec 24, 2019
fortran12:

Oh, Mohammed is human, okay. Which crime did the ' lord' commit? You are talking about cases of war and both parties were attacking so where is the crime

Let me give you two for now!

Isaiah 13:16
Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

Zechariah 14:2
For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

What do you think ravished mean?

1 Like

Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by fortran12: 12:24am On Dec 25, 2019
AntiChristian:

Let me give you two for now!

Isaiah 13:16
Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

Zechariah 14:2
For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

What do you think ravished mean?

Lol.it helps to read before you post. If u read chapter 13 vs 1 it says
"The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see."

It's a vision the God showed Isaiah so tell me where the 'lord' did all these please.

And for the second part
If you read the beginning verse 1 it's a revelation of the judgement day . It has not happened yet.
So......
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by psychologist(m): 12:31am On Dec 25, 2019
Op as long as you keep bringing your receipts from the old testament, I won't suffer you to understanding

Cheers to ur ignorance grin
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by 1Sharon(f): 2:16am On Dec 25, 2019
OP arent you a muslim? undecided
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by AntiChristian: 7:12am On Dec 25, 2019
fortran12:

Lol.it helps to read before you post. If u read chapter 13 vs 1 it says
"The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see."

It's a vision the God showed Isaiah so tell me where the 'lord' did all these please.

And for the second part
If you read the beginning verse 1 it's a revelation of the judgement day . It has not happened yet.
So......

Just answer if this is an appropriate thing for the Lord to do. The Lord was gentle in the NT why does he have to be so destructive?
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by fortran12: 11:21am On Dec 25, 2019
AntiChristian:

Just answer if this is an appropriate thing for the Lord to do. The Lord was gentle in the NT why does he have to be so destructive?

In the judgement day its ok to do that. Cos God is the perfect judge. At least I remember your allah saying he will do something similar to that too. So why the hypocrisy. After God has given grace and mercy and its time for people who believe in him n others who rejected him to receive their rewards. It's fair and just for God to do.
Oh lest i forget. Your own reward is eternal sex with multiple virgins and endless penis a 70 year orgasm and lots of wine. Sounds like a sex club to me.
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by AntiChristian: 11:33am On Dec 25, 2019
fortran12:

In the judgement day its ok to do that. Cos God is the perfect judge. At least I remember your allah saying he will do something similar to that too. So why the hypocrisy. After God has given grace and mercy and its time for people who believe in him n others who rejected him to receive their rewards. It's fair and just for God to do.
Oh lest i forget. Your own reward is eternal sex with multiple virgins and endless penis a 70 year orgasm and lots of wine. Sounds like a sex club to me.

Don't use style to run from the thread!

Do you really mean all these will happen on judgement day?

Interesting

What?!

Another massacre.

Very sick indeed.

Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by fortran12: 11:35am On Dec 25, 2019
AntiChristian:

Don't use style to run from the thread!

Do you really mean all these will happen on judgement day?

Interesting

What?!

Another massacre.

Very sick indeed.

It's lazy to copy and paste. Read the whole verse n summarise.

You jumble every thing together some are revelations some are results of war . don't just quote and expect answers. The last 2 you quoted see how easy it was to show you were quoting out of context. Am sure the same can be applied to these too.
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by AntiChristian: 11:59am On Dec 25, 2019
fortran12:

It's lazy to copy and paste. Read the whole verse n summarise.

You jumble every thing together some are revelations some are results of war . don't just quote and expect answers. The last 2 you quoted see how easy it was to show you were quoting out of context. Am sure the same can be applied to these too.

Stop telling lies! Some are laws from your Lord. I hate hypocritical Christians. You are a liar! No revelation in this!
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by fortran12: 12:48pm On Dec 25, 2019
AntiChristian:

Stop telling lies! Some are laws from your Lord. I hate hypocritical Christians. You are a liar! No revelation in this!

All of you are the same, show me where it is stated as laws. The problem is that you do no read fully and i have proven this fact in the earlier texts you posted.
The portion in Judges 1:21-35 , how is that a law? Its clearly stating what the Israelites did, so tell me where God told them in that portion you posted that all what they did is law?. You guys seem to think everythin in the bible is a command or law, it contains history about people who obeyed and disobeyed God, it contains several things all leading to the introduction of Jesus. Jesus is the reason for the bible not the Israelites

Zephaniah 2 is a revelation, show me where is it stated as a law. Its best if you go and read by yourself and stop copying and pasting from websites.

Leviticus and Samuel are laws and when you break law there are repercussions. The law was for the old testament, Jesus brought the new testament caused the change of relating to God. God stopped relating via law and brought grace, so all the portions you quote about laws are no longer relevant to christans.

You do not understand the bible, you think its a book on dos and donts just like the quran,its not. Its a book introducing the world to Jesus who is the savior of man kind. That is the whole summary of the Bible. Quoting what the people of Isreal did and wars they fought is the essence of the Bible , Jesus is.

Isaiah portion is a revelation of evil that will happen for a people who did not obey the Lord, show me where it is a law and God commaneded christians to do such.
unlike the Mohammedans who follow their master in speech and deeds.

Stop posting texts without context, don't be lazy present a valid argument not copy and past and some lazy one liners at the bottom
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by AntiChristian: 7:47am On Dec 26, 2019
fortran12:

All of you are the same, show me where it is stated as laws. The problem is that you do no read fully and i have proven this fact in the earlier texts you posted.
The portion in Judges 1:21-35 , how is that a law? Its clearly stating what the Israelites did, so tell me where God told them in that portion you posted that all what they did is law?. You guys seem to think everythin in the bible is a command or law, it contains history about people who obeyed and disobeyed God, it contains several things all leading to the introduction of Jesus. Jesus is the reason for the bible not the Israelites

Zephaniah 2 is a revelation, show me where is it stated as a law. Its best if you go and read by yourself and stop copying and pasting from websites.

Leviticus and Samuel are laws and when you break law there are repercussions. The law was for the old testament, Jesus brought the new testament caused the change of relating to God. God stopped relating via law and brought grace, so all the portions you quote about laws are no longer relevant to christans.

You do not understand the bible, you think its a book on dos and donts just like the quran,its not. Its a book introducing the world to Jesus who is the savior of man kind. That is the whole summary of the Bible. Quoting what the people of Isreal did and wars they fought is the essence of the Bible , Jesus is.

Isaiah portion is a revelation of evil that will happen for a people who did not obey the Lord, show me where it is a law and God commaneded christians to do such.
unlike the Mohammedans who follow their master in speech and deeds.

Stop posting texts without context, don't be lazy present a valid argument not copy and past and some lazy one liners at the bottom

So not all are revelations now, some are laws and some are repercussions for evil?

So tell me why you Gods will kill kids infants and women for anything?
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by fortran12: 11:20am On Dec 26, 2019
AntiChristian:

So not all are revelations now, some are laws and some are repercussions for evil?

So tell me why you Gods will kill kids infants and women for anything?

So if God reveals evils that happen to people who do not follow good, does it mean its him killing them?
When the Israelites fall out, in the time of the law, God punishes them , but in this time of grace God does not operate that way
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by AntiChristian: 12:04am On Dec 28, 2019
fortran12:

So if God reveals evils that happen to people who do not follow good, does it mean its him killing them?
When the Israelites fall out, in the time of the law, God punishes them , but in this time of grace God does not operate that way

Do you think your God is worthy to be trusted like this? He uses different syllabus for the same men he created!

He is not fair!
Jesus is not the same yesterday today and forever!
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by fortran12: 12:23am On Dec 28, 2019
AntiChristian:

Do you think your God is worthy to be trusted like this? He uses different syllabus for the same men he created!

He is not fair!
Jesus is not the same yesterday today and forever!

Read Genesis and you will see that was the plan all along. Tell God he is not fair, don't report to me.
Again the last statement you made is out of context.
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by AntiChristian: 10:48am On Dec 28, 2019
fortran12:

Read Genesis and you will see that was the plan all along. Tell God he is not fair, don't report to me.
Again the last statement you made is out of context.

So God had a plan all along when he was killings people in the OT? Why should your Lord hate the people in the OT so much as to give them such laws?

What's the context of the Hebrew verse Jesus the same yesterday today and forever?
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by fortran12: 12:12pm On Dec 28, 2019
AntiChristian:

So God had a plan all along when he was killings people in the OT? Why should your Lord hate the people in the OT so much as to give them such laws?

What's the context of the Hebrew verse Jesus the same yesterday today and forever?

Show where God was killing people, when people do evil and they get the reward, does it mean its God killing them. According to your logic, your Nigeria government kills lawfully convicted people via the firing squad after putting them in prison and this makes the Nigeria government evil.
Life has consequences do good you reap good, evil and otherwise, am sure you know this. when people are paid based on the consequences of their choice does it mean God is kiling them?
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by akeensbussy(m): 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2019
Religion is Scam....You are both arguing on what you have been brainwashed with since cradle.

If you had been colonized by Japan or Chinese, u will also be arguing about their religions too.
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by AntiChristian: 8:23pm On Dec 28, 2019
akeensbussy:
Religion is Scam....You are both arguing on what you have been brainwashed with since cradle.

If you had been colonized by Japan or Chinese, u will also be arguing about their religions too.

But there are millions of Muslims too in China...
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by AntiChristian: 8:28pm On Dec 28, 2019
fortran12:

Show where God was killing people, when people do evil and they get the reward, does it mean its God killing them. According to your logic, your Nigeria government kills lawfully convicted people via the firing squad after putting them in prison and this makes the Nigeria government evil.
Life has consequences do good you reap good, evil and otherwise, am sure you know this. when people are paid based on the consequences of their choice does it mean God is kiling them?

Explain what your Lord is doing below:

Jeremiah 4:10
Then I said, "Ah, Sovereign LORD, how completely you have deceived (nasha) this people and Jerusalem by saying, 'You will have peace,' when the sword is at our throats."

1 Kings 22:20-22
And the LORD said, 'Who will entice Ahab into attacking Ramoth Gilead and going to his death there?'
"One suggested this, and another that. 21 Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before the LORD and said, 'I will entice him.'
" 'By what means?' the LORD asked.
" 'I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouths of all his prophets,' he said.
" ' You will succeed in enticing him,' said the LORD. 'Go and do it.'
Here we see that the man said that he would resort to lying in order to entice Ahab and God supported the idea and told him to go ahead and do it!

Ezekiel 14:9-11
" 'And if the prophet is enticed to utter a prophecy, I the LORD have enticed that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand against him and destroy him from among my people Israel. 10 They will bear their guilt-the prophet will be as guilty as the one who consults him. 11 Then the people of Israel will no longer stray from me, nor will they defile themselves anymore with all their sins. They will be my people, and I will be their God, declares the Sovereign LORD.' "

God is punishing him for a crime that He enticed him to do in the first place? Isn't that entrapment?

Isaiah 37:6-7
Isaiah said to them, "Tell your master, 'This is what the LORD says: Do not be afraid of what you have heard-those words with which the underlings of the king of Assyria have blasphemed me. Listen! I am going to put a spirit in him so that when he hears a certain report, he will return to his own country, and there I will have him cut down with the sword.'

God had that spirit spread a rumor so that the King of Assyria can to return to his homeland. In short, that spirit's purpose was for deception.

Isaiah 19:14
The LORD has poured into them a spirit of dizziness; they make Egypt stagger in all that she does, as a drunkard staggers around in his vomit.

Here we see God deceiving people to the extent that they become absolutely foolish.
Even though I don't believe the Gospels teach that Jesus taught he was God, however this example is for those who believe that Jesus is God. Jesus admits that he was speaking figuratively all this time...

John 16:25
"Though I have been speaking figuratively (paroimia), a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father.

Why wasn't Jesus speaking in a normal and clear way all the time? Why did Jesus then go and say that he won't 'use this kind of language'?
Well, let's find out why?

Mark 4:10-12
When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. 11He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12so that," 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'
So here we see that Jesus was deceiving certain people by speaking in parables so that they won't (and God forbid!) REPENT AND BE FORGIVEN!

Also in...

2 Thessalonians 2:11
For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie.
So God will delude people so that they can believe lies?
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by fortran12: 9:15pm On Dec 28, 2019
AntiChristian:

Explain what your Lord is doing below:

Jeremiah 4:10
Then I said, "Ah, Sovereign LORD, how completely you have deceived (nasha) this people and Jerusalem by saying, 'You will have peace,' when the sword is at our throats."

1 Kings 22:20-22
And the LORD said, 'Who will entice Ahab into attacking Ramoth Gilead and going to his death there?'
"One suggested this, and another that. 21 Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before the LORD and said, 'I will entice him.'
" 'By what means?' the LORD asked.
" 'I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouths of all his prophets,' he said.
" ' You will succeed in enticing him,' said the LORD. 'Go and do it.'
Here we see that the man said that he would resort to lying in order to entice Ahab and God supported the idea and told him to go ahead and do it!

Ezekiel 14:9-11
" 'And if the prophet is enticed to utter a prophecy, I the LORD have enticed that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand against him and destroy him from among my people Israel. 10 They will bear their guilt-the prophet will be as guilty as the one who consults him. 11 Then the people of Israel will no longer stray from me, nor will they defile themselves anymore with all their sins. They will be my people, and I will be their God, declares the Sovereign LORD.' "

God is punishing him for a crime that He enticed him to do in the first place? Isn't that entrapment?

Isaiah 37:6-7
Isaiah said to them, "Tell your master, 'This is what the LORD says: Do not be afraid of what you have heard-those words with which the underlings of the king of Assyria have blasphemed me. Listen! I am going to put a spirit in him so that when he hears a certain report, he will return to his own country, and there I will have him cut down with the sword.'

God had that spirit spread a rumor so that the King of Assyria can to return to his homeland. In short, that spirit's purpose was for deception.

Isaiah 19:14
The LORD has poured into them a spirit of dizziness; they make Egypt stagger in all that she does, as a drunkard staggers around in his vomit.

Here we see God deceiving people to the extent that they become absolutely foolish.
Even though I don't believe the Gospels teach that Jesus taught he was God, however this example is for those who believe that Jesus is God. Jesus admits that he was speaking figuratively all this time...

John 16:25
"Though I have been speaking figuratively (paroimia), a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father.

Why wasn't Jesus speaking in a normal and clear way all the time? Why did Jesus then go and say that he won't 'use this kind of language'?
Well, let's find out why?

Mark 4:10-12
When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. 11He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12so that," 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'
So here we see that Jesus was deceiving certain people by speaking in parables so that they won't (and God forbid!) REPENT AND BE FORGIVEN!

Also in...

2 Thessalonians 2:11
For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie.
So God will delude people so that they can believe lies?

read the context to know they story, you keep bringing old testament when the law was in effect, in the time of the law, it was an eye for an eye, Jesus came and changed all that, The quran is still stuck in the old testament too, the Jews and Christians have moved past that and embraced grace provided by God.
In the old testament, people got struck for disobeying God, the law was as firm as that. God did not bring the law at first, the law was introduced during the time of Moses. People who disobeyed God were punished as that was the dispensation that was prevailing then.

The death and resurrection of Jesus ushered in a new covenant, a new testament, that of grace.
Hope this puts to rest all the numerous text you pull out of the old testament.
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by AntiChristian: 9:30pm On Dec 28, 2019
fortran12:

read the context to know they story, you keep bringing old testament when the law was in effect, in the time of the law, it was an eye for an eye, Jesus came and changed all that, The quran is still stuck in the old testament too, the Jews and Christians have moved past that and embraced grace provided by God.
In the old testament, people got struck for disobeying God, the law was as firm as that. God did not bring the law at first, the law was introduced during the time of Moses. People who disobeyed God were punished as that was the dispensation that was prevailing then.

The death and resurrection of Jesus ushered in a new covenant, a new testament, that of grace.
Hope this puts to rest all the numerous text you pull out of the old testament.

Where did Jesus specifically stated that his death will usher in a new covenant?
Re: More Terror From The Lord Jesus by fortran12: 10:37pm On Dec 28, 2019
AntiChristian:

Where did Jesus specifically stated that his death will usher in a new covenant?

In the old testament the way to God was keeping laws and performing sacrifices when they err. Whn Jesus came he said in John 3 vs 16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God

This mentions the change that will occur in the way people get to God. It's was no longer the old way of sacrifices but a new way.

After his death and resurrection, he said ' all authority in heaven and earth has been given into me therefore go into the world and preach the gospel etc...'

Jesus spoke about believing him to get to God, it's after his death whn he had all the authority in heaven and earth (Adam gave his earthly authority to the devil) he commanded his disciples to preach the good news.
This shows a change in way to access God therefore his death brought about the new Testament.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Sorry For Believing Daddy Freeze Now I Know Who The True Christians Are / Jehovah's Witnesses: How Do We Interpret This Scripture? / Shocking Prophecy On Prophet TB Joshua Demise ( Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 265
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.