Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,031 members, 7,821,571 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Am I Making A Mistake? - Romance (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Making A Mistake? (91662 Views)

Am I Not Making A Mistake? / I May Ruin My Girlfriend's Life, If I Make A Mistake / Once Is A Mistake,Twice Is A Habbit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by supremenews: 10:41am On Dec 17, 2019
queenitee:

Good morning, I hope you are fine.
Yes, we can be friends.

Good morning dear.

Thanks for accepting the offer.

Please, how can I get your contact?
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by ijabiken1(m): 10:45am On Dec 17, 2019
dannyla:
I opened a new account to remain anonymous.
This story is a bit long but pls bear with me.

I met this man almost 2yrs ago at an event a friend invited me to. The next week, he collected my number from my friend and called me, we began talking from there and agreed to go on a date. He proposed marriage to me on the first date which I rejected. I told him that I can't marry outside my church and from the little I've heard from him, our life dreams differ. I decided to cut him off from that day and I stayed away for about 3months. Meanwhile he got my friend to introduce him to my sis, mum and another friend who happened to be from his place, I'll call her Grace.
He made them all aware of his intent towards me and my stand and asked for their help to change my mind. Grace became his biggest ally and convinced me to have another date. He asked that we date for a while and see if we can work out our differences. During the date I noticed he has a very hot and quick temper and he listens to gossip a lot so I do tell Gracethat I don't see a future with him but he was too persistent, Grace always had words of encouragement and considering the fact that for some strange reason, it was mainly married men always approach me for a relationship with stories of how they got married to a wrong woman and they are or are almost divorced, dating a single man with no kids was very tempting and I decided to give it a try.

He asked me to tell him everything about me so there are no secrets between us and I did. Starting from secondary school to that day, I told him everything, from my first kiss, the colleague who tried to rape me, my ex who lied about his marital status and disvirgined me etc. he did the same too and I felt a burden roll off my shoulder.

Few days later I began to notice changes in him especially towards my business. I thrive in a male dominated industry in a ratio of 9men to 1woman. He asked me to show him the pictures of my colleagues which I did, he also asked if they make passes at me which I said is almost inevitable but my boundaries are clear and rigid.

Fast forward to now. I noticed that whenever I drop my phone, he goes through it. Facebook, sms, WhatsApp etc. He even picks my call when I'm not close to the phone. He asked me about a certain colleague who cracks dirty jokes like how I rushed to get married (I told him I'm already married). I didn't think much about it.

He later began to complain about my partners and how I'm sleeping with them like the prostitute I am, called me an unrepentant liar, unsubmisive, manipulating etc. Said he regrets asking for my hand at all and he's just waiting forthe day he'll catch me redhanded so he can dump my sorry a*s.
I told him to end it now cus I'm fed up, family came in and I later found out that Grace has been telling a lot of lies against hoping to get him for herself as well as hate filled advises from some aggrieved friends who felt ladies from my tribe are no good and just there to "chop money". Apologies were said and received and we continued.

Another time I visited him and we had an argument, he gave me several heavy knocks on my head and I developed a headache and began to insult him which resultedin more heavy knocks. I broke up with him and left. Later my mum called him to ask why he laid his hands on me, he denied it swearing with his life. Said I insulted him and he lost his temper and insulted me back that he's sorry. He began to drop messages everywhere and I eventually gave in.

3rd incident happened on our way back from an event. He saw a message from a colleague he told me to stop doing business with cus he feels the man has his eyes on me which is totally not true. He flared up, stopped the car and was even threatening to beat me up. I came down from his car and stood by the roadside. He came down too and gave me the insult of my life in full public view and glare and told me to enter the car which I refused. I had no money on me and had to beg a stranger for money. By that time he was coming back, he quickly took a picture of both of us and sent it to everybody of how he caught me in the act with my lover on the road. He called me and said that if he must marry me, I must break my business sim card and look for a wife friendly occupation or sit at home.

He later apologised over it. Meanwhile he and my sis don't flow as before as he once called her a prostitute.

I want to call it quits but everyone around me feels it's a mistake and he is saying everything out of anger and if I'm patient enough, he will change completely.

I must admit that he has changed alot since we met but the progress compared to the timeframe and the heat I face everyday is nothing to write home about.

He loves me to a fault and I don't know if I can find someone who loves me like him but his other attitude is sniffing life out of me. Do I stay or quit?
Thanks for reading and pardon any typos

stay but I can tell u he will eventually kill u one day
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 17, 2019
Unrated900:

That man who always give advise and shares story of couples on Facebook

He is a popular person
Your advise seems similar to his written line as
okay. thanks for the enlightenment
no I haven't worked with him before. I didn't even know him until now cheesy
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Emotionss: 10:51am On Dec 17, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
virgoquin:
People will see danger and they will still be standing there instead of running for their dear life.

You will not be the first person or the last that will die because of domestic and emotional violence.... You will just be part of the statistics

Which kind of yeye love that is blinding your eyes and brain not to see that you are in danger

I am still trying to understand this attitude and believe of HE/SHE WILL CHANGE WHEN WE MARRY.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by enny262(m): 11:13am On Dec 17, 2019
My dear sister,please run for your life,all the red flags have shown,don't be deceived by him or friends that are saying you should stick with him.You will surely see a better man that will compliment you.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Clinghton: 11:19am On Dec 17, 2019
women would always be attracted to men that beat them, quite unfortunate
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Heledy(m): 11:19am On Dec 17, 2019
The story is not complete
If you don’t act like a robber, you won’t be called robber... So cut your bad attitude...
you can’t eat your cake and have it at the same time.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by queenitee(f): 11:20am On Dec 17, 2019
supremenews:

Good morning dear.

Thanks for accepting the offer.

Please, how can I get your contact?
Send me a Pm sir
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by whisperj: 11:21am On Dec 17, 2019
Madam, run for your life!!!!

You have all the red flags showing glaringly to you. It's better you remain unmarried than go into a union with that man.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by determination26(m): 11:27am On Dec 17, 2019
dannyla:

I met this man almost 2yrs ago at an event a friend invited me to. The next week, he collected my number from my friend and called me, we began talking from there and agreed to go on a date. He proposed marriage to me on the first date which I rejected. I told him that I can't marry outside my church and from the little I've heard from him, our life dreams differ. I decided to cut him off from that day and I stayed away for about 3months. Meanwhile he got my friend to introduce him to my sis, mum and another friend who happened to be from his place, I'll call her Grace.
He made them all aware of his intent towards me and my stand and asked for their help to change my mind. Grace became his biggest ally and convinced me to have another date. He asked that we date for a while and see if we can work out our differences. During the date I noticed he has a very hot and quick temper and he listens to gossip a lot so I do tell Gracethat I don't see a future with him but he was too persistent, Grace always had words of encouragement and considering the fact that for some strange reason, it was mainly married men always approach me for a relationship with stories of how they got married to a wrong woman and they are or are almost divorced, dating a single man with no kids was very tempting and I decided to give it a try.

He asked me to tell him everything about me so there are no secrets between us and I did. Starting from secondary school to that day, I told him everything, from my first kiss, the colleague who tried to rape me, my ex who lied about his marital status and disvirgined me etc. he did the same too and I felt a burden roll off my shoulder.

Few days later I began to notice changes in him especially towards my business. I thrive in a male dominated industry in a ratio of 9men to 1woman. He asked me to show him the pictures of my colleagues which I did, he also asked if they make passes at me which I said is almost inevitable but my boundaries are clear and rigid.

Fast forward to now. I noticed that whenever I drop my phone, he goes through it. Facebook, sms, WhatsApp etc. He even picks my call when I'm not close to the phone. He asked me about a certain colleague who cracks dirty jokes like how I rushed to get married (I told him I'm already married). I didn't think much about it.

He later began to complain about my partners and how I'm sleeping with them like the prostitute I am, called me an unrepentant liar, unsubmisive, manipulating etc. Said he regrets asking for my hand at all and he's just waiting forthe day he'll catch me redhanded so he can dump my sorry a*s.
I told him to end it now cus I'm fed up, family came in and I later found out that Grace has been telling a lot of lies against hoping to get him for herself as well as hate filled advises from some aggrieved friends who felt ladies from my tribe are no good and just there to "chop money". Apologies were said and received and we continued.

Another time I visited him and we had an argument, he gave me several heavy knocks on my head and I developed a headache and began to insult him which resultedin more heavy knocks. I broke up with him and left. Later my mum called him to ask why he laid his hands on me, he denied it swearing with his life. Said I insulted him and he lost his temper and insulted me back that he's sorry. He began to drop messages everywhere and I eventually gave in.

3rd incident happened on our way back from an event. He saw a message from a colleague he told me to stop doing business with cus he feels the man has his eyes on me which is totally not true. He flared up, stopped the car and was even threatening to beat me up. I came down from his car and stood by the roadside. He came down too and gave me the insult of my life in full public view and glare and told me to enter the car which I refused. I had no money on me and had to beg a stranger for money. By that time he was coming back, he quickly took a picture of both of us and sent it to everybody of how he caught me in the act with my lover on the road. He called me and said that if he must marry me, I must break my business sim card and look for a wife friendly occupation or sit at home.

He later apologised over it. Meanwhile he and my sis don't flow as before as he once called her a prostitute.

I want to call it quits but everyone around me feels it's a mistake and he is saying everything out of anger and if I'm patient enough, he will change completely.

I must admit that he has changed alot since we met but the progress compared to the timeframe and the heat I face everyday is nothing to write home about.

He loves me to a fault and I don't know if I can find someone who loves me like him but his other attitude is sniffing life out of me. Do I stay or quit?

You forgot to tell us the things you do that pisses him off. Coming together to start a family is very complicated and at the same time very easy, it's all about understanding, understanding that you are two different people from two different backgrounds and you both developed different mentalities before you met each other. Understanding that you also need to have a change in attitude if you want things to work out. Last last, I'm not perfect, nobody is. Sometimes a man loving you to death could be a bad thing. Both of you need to relax and think. A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by omoohsege: 11:38am On Dec 17, 2019
Pls my sis... I beg you to go back & pray oooo... Such man ll still beat you in marriage.... Consider this option.... Any man that beats his woman... Is not going to be a good hussy... & such family ll not grow...
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by dvd(f): 11:47am On Dec 17, 2019
RUN

RUN

.RUN

RUN

RUN. NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN! 0
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by phocusme: 11:48am On Dec 17, 2019
My dear you had better run for your dear live.
What he just showed you is the rehearsal of what is to come! Don't fall it o!
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by supremenews: 11:52am On Dec 17, 2019
queenitee:

Send me a Pm sir

Sir??

I don't have access to my email address again cry
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by yungzed360(m): 11:53am On Dec 17, 2019
WITH THE WHOLE OF MY HEART, I WANT TO TELL YOU THAT, THAT GUY, WHERE-EVER IT IS HE IS, PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE HIM... Trust me, He is the man for you... Forget about what all these guys are saying.....

You know, I AM NOT ANY DIFFERENT FROM THIS UR MAN (Except for that I dont HIT, I only shout alot) and it really made my relationship life hell.. And it might interest you to know that all that while, the only thing I needed was a HELP.

So PLEASE HELP him and NOT LEAVE HIM.

Make him have more reasons to trust YOU.
Let him know it was you who choosed to be with him and that nobody forced you.

Leaving HIM wont solve his problems and atleast you KNOW EXACTLY what these problems are. HELP HIM Solve it....
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by 9icetoo(m): 11:55am On Dec 17, 2019
CyberWolf:
You’re happily married, that’s good. I hope if you’re wife starts flirting with her male ‘colleagues’, exchanging messages/texts, etc., you won’t complain. She flirts with numerous men even when she is in a serious relationship yet, you don’t want the man to complain? She only attracts married men because she has so many men in his circle, no single man will ever take her serious. Anyone that tried it will develop trust issues just as this one currently. Let’s learn to tell the truth even when it’s unpopular.

The trust in this current relationship is gone so, she should move on. But she should stop double dating in her next relationship if not, it might be worse than this one.
So you decided to ignore my advice and pick on the part that I am happily married?
Does that bother you? Let me state it again, I am happily married. Thank God for that. Do you want me to tell you I will beat, pummel, flog, kick, skin, flay and then burn my wife alive if I catch her cheating or flirting? Well, you can chose any Or all of the options above if you've got such a problem.

Like I said, marriage is not a do or die affair. It doesn't and will never define life.

You are even accusing the poster of being a flirt when she hasn't said so. It's normal for men to flirt with women. You can't stop that. If she has clear boundaries and has the trust of her man, this topic wouldn't exist in the first place.

The man doesn't trust her, is insecure and uncouth according to her.

She is here asking for a second opinion to action her death wish.
Modified.
I also get your point but leave my matter out of it.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by davillian(m): 12:03pm On Dec 17, 2019
Marry him and he will kill you grin
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by omobaba1759: 12:08pm On Dec 17, 2019
JAPA,JAPA
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by MedicH: 12:08pm On Dec 17, 2019
But women are usually very funny. Like you use ur main account and be bashing men here out of your own ignorance men are scum men are this that feminism this that but in ur desperation to get married a dude with a black belt in martial arts domestic violence is giving u several heavy knocks on ur head and u explain it to mean he loves you to a fault all because u want to get married then u create an alternate account to come and complain on the same nairaland where u bash men lol. I weak. Pls loving someone to a fault doesn't translate to giving them several heavy knocks on their head. That guy is not cool and can kill you. Dont let the fear of being tagged evening newspaper push u to the grave. Run now.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by mummyz(m): 12:10pm On Dec 17, 2019
To be honest I don't usually write when ever am reading this kind of post but i don't know what came on to me after taking my time to read through your post, am a man and i have sisters, if what you type is according too what's happening to you without adding or removing my sister, please run for your LIFE no be by force to get married and those who are there advising you now will be the kne to blame you as if they knew what happening before. Abeg Ja pá
dannyla:

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by mummyz(m): 12:11pm On Dec 17, 2019
To be honest I don't usually write when ever am reading this kind of post but i don't know what came on to me after taking my time to read through your post, am a man and i have sisters, if what you type is according too what's happening to you without adding or removing my sister, please run for your LIFE no be by force to get married and those who are there advising you now will be the one to blame you as if they knew what happening before. Abeg Ja pá
dannyla:

1 Like

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by ashawopikin(m): 12:17pm On Dec 17, 2019
dannyla:

if u know u Want to live long, u better run, any man that gives a woman knock for head is very dangerous

1 Like

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Owiii(m): 12:17pm On Dec 17, 2019
okirewaju:
If I were you, I'll take off the current footwear I'm putting on and flee

A man that has verbal diarrhea is a turn off plus a woman beater and still insecure undecided

They will keep edging you until you fall into that pit. There is a difference between Wedding Ceremony and the Marriage itself.

You deserve so much better. Don't settle for less
A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage. Love is blind but marriage will open your eyes. A man that is not married to you yet is doing all this cruel thing to you. Expect more of these when he eventually gets married to you. The signs are there already but you feel you can make things work and don't want to leave him....leave him now or you live to regret the rest of your life with him.#onecents
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Owiii(m): 12:26pm On Dec 17, 2019
A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage. Love is blind but marriage will open your eyes. A man that is not married to you yet is doing all this cruel thing to you. Expect more of these when he eventually gets married to you. The signs are there already but you feel you can make things work and don't want to leave him....leave him now or you live to regret the rest of your life with him.#onecents
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Accurate4u: 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2019
I understand you love him but this hot temper added with insult not to talk of hitting you, my dear I'm a man l won't deceive you. If you marry him you will regret it because it will get worst when you finally marry. Come to think of it how can a man who want to marry you beat you and call you unprinted names in full view of public even going to extend of calling your sister prostiitute. Noooooo. Don't marry him if you do, you will live the rest of your life to regret it. Remember a leopard never change it spot. Wish you best of luck as you face this new phases in your life
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by queenitee(f): 12:47pm On Dec 17, 2019
supremenews:

Sir??

I don't have access to my email address again cry
What do we do?
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by supremenews: 12:55pm On Dec 17, 2019
queenitee:

What do we do?

Is it possible to sharply write your email/phone number here? Then cancel/edit it later?

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Bigman247(m): 12:59pm On Dec 17, 2019
My dear don't be carried away by your emotions; saying he loves you and yet beat and insult you, he is not good for you. He will not change as they tell you and when the marriage becomes hell those people encouraging you now won't be there. It is better you save your self the stress now and wait for the right person. Never think a man is doing you a favour by marrying you, rather you are the one doing him a favour. A man who finds a wife has found a good thing and obtains favour from the Lord as the scripture says, so anyone treating you like trash now when he is still asking for your hand in marriage is not your man.

dannyla:

1 Like

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by JastSiryin(m): 12:59pm On Dec 17, 2019
Well, you're the only one narrating now, so no one really knows the other side of things. But from what you've narrated, your SO has got SERIOUS ISSUES!!!... *you're not sure if you'll ever find someone who'd love you like him!?* like really!?
You live in the most populous black nation in the world, surely good men are not in short supply. And your best bet at love is in the hands of an insecure asshole? Pls don't insult the responsible men we have abeg. It's clear you're not very wise, you rationalized your way to this point, you clearly have no problem with needless suffering. Go ahead and stay with him, I wish you all the best.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by TanyLoe(f): 1:07pm On Dec 17, 2019
dannyla:

My sister
I had the same experience with my now ex
Before we meet he told me I won't work for anyone..that he wants me to stay at home and take care of our kids, he goes through my phone like his life depended on it. When he made his intentions know to me, he requested to come see my family when I hardly know anything about him..when I told him have gotten an admission into the university he got angry. Saying why didn't I tell him first and all that.
I made him understand that u don't marry like that and that both parties involve must know each other very well( courtship)
Him say him no want that his 40years old, do I see him like someone than wants to court...
My dear nobody advised me
I advice myself
Marriage is not a ludo game
U don't rush into it
Not especially with a man that doesn't value.
Leave love, he loves he loves you, yes we know that but at times even in marriage u try to fine the reasons that made u fall in love but can't.
He knocks on your head( just imagine what he did do when he finally gets married to you)
I still recall him calling my mother names ( that was the end) u can call me names but not my mother.
He said if we get married I won't go visit my family
And that no family members are welcome in our home( but when he sees my family he will be forming homely...they didn't see what I was seeing, to them his the perfect son in law but I saw the devil himself)
The thing just tire me
I couldn't
I left
So my dear stop listening to people because no be dem go marry am na u
Let him go
Pls

1 Like

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by blank(f): 1:07pm On Dec 17, 2019
faithfull18:

Oh God, I have come to observe that most partners do not like someone who comes clean with them.

They most times use it against you.

It depends. You have to open up to the right person. I believe there should be total transparency and accountability in marriage. If you marry someone with the same belief and who is mature enough to keep your confidence, you will enjoy it.

Some men, no matter how good they are, can't handle the past. It's left for you to find out when dating.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? by Calyberry(f): 1:12pm On Dec 17, 2019
Dear poster ,I don't comment on nairaland posts,but your matter got me, please don't make the same mistake I made ,you will live to regret it,by the time you decide to opt out people will call you single mother or impatient woman and that husband of yours will look innocent.
My advice is forget what people are saying you will see who love you more than him don't marry that man period.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Two Celibate Lawyers Kiss On Their Wedding Day. PICS / Can You Marry A Fetish Priestess That Is Very Pretty? (be Truthful) / Student Dies During Masturbation In Front Of Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 176
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.