Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 (44453 Views)

Champions League Round Of 16 Draw: Live Update. / Kevin DeBruyne, Sadio Mane & J Henderson: Who Deserves POTY Award For 2019/2020? / UEFA Europa League 2019/2020 Round Of 32 Draws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 16, 2019
Reussite:
Haha Real Madrid vs Manchester Citygrin
For the first time City is getting a tough draw in the round of 16. Another mad draw is ATH vs LIV(could end up with some injuries wink).
Juventus & Barca got the easiest draws. smiley
Chelsea fans how far? grin Don't for a moment think it would end up like UCL Munich 2011/2012, this time Bayern is taking Chelsea to the cleaners. cheesy
So Napoli that beat Liverpool na easy draw??
Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by Angelfrost(m): 2:27pm On Dec 16, 2019
Barcelona flexing towards quarter finals

Real Madrid's time to smite Guardiola again grin

Liverpool is through, but this is gonna be a tough test breaking that wall of Gibraltar.

Mourinho is about to face his toughest and finest European test this season... Let's see if a younger version of Pep Guardiola will get the better of him.

As for Chelsea... Lemme not talk what's in my head till I see what they pull off this January window. tongue

1 Like

Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by Reussite: 2:28pm On Dec 16, 2019
The Round of 16 is 2 months away. That is enough time for injuries to knock potential threats out, time for 'key' injured players to be back & for new threats to join interested clubs in the January transfer window. So if you ask me the only teams sure of progressing already transfer or no transfer are Juventus, Barca, Liverpool & PSG in that order. wink
Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by iSlayer: 2:29pm On Dec 16, 2019
All these ones saying Atletico will be a tough draw for Liverpool are clowns. Liverpool will beat them home and away.
Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by ReeLoaDead(m): 2:29pm On Dec 16, 2019
My only prayer is that CFC play with pride and not chop something like 8-1. On the flip side if they play with confidence and well defensively they can actually pull an upset.
Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by Americanboy35: 2:31pm On Dec 16, 2019
UNCL3:

I tell you

Barca will keep balling n disappointing foes.
Na so brother
Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by Pearlqueen(f): 2:31pm On Dec 16, 2019
benratigan3:

pep hasn't defeated any Spanish team in the knock out stage of CL since the day he left barca
Stats do not play modern football. Squad depth, speed, accuracy, form and individual brilliance all combined make a fine team plus an efficient result.

I think as it is now, City are better in form than Real

1 Like

Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by benratigan3(m): 2:36pm On Dec 16, 2019
Pearlqueen:
Stats do not play modern football. Squad depth, speed, accuracy, form and individual brilliance all combined make a fine team plus an efficient result.

I think as it is now, City are better in form than Real
I could believed you if arsenal won yesterday, till then I remain on my verdict
#smiles
Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by benratigan3(m): 2:37pm On Dec 16, 2019
Dextre:

I'm telling you..just 3. An arsenal fan too,but I don decamp,I cannot take being nigerian and an arsenal fan together. One must go
Lol
an arsenal fan
Nigerian
buhari as president
it's too much I can't take it

2 Likes

Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by Reussite: 2:37pm On Dec 16, 2019
eni4real:
So Napoli that beat Liverpool na easy draw??
For one or two reason Napoli is like an Achilles's heel for Liverpool. They almost dropped to UEL last season at die minute, now that doesn't make Napoli any special threat to Barca. How come Napoli is sitting comfortably on 9th position 11 points clear from Roma on 4th position who even narrowly avoided been knocked from Europa league. So dude calm your fears, Barca will take Napoli to the cleaners. Fact.
Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by matkid(m): 2:38pm On Dec 16, 2019
BAAKUS1447:
Chelsea and Liverpool are gunners
grin grin grin
really?.....so u tink athletico can beat Liverpool?
Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by michoim(m): 2:51pm On Dec 16, 2019
benratigan3:
quarter final teams
PSG
Madrid
Valencia
Liverpool
Bayern
juventus
spurs
Barcelona

thank me later
Correct
Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by LosC: 2:51pm On Dec 16, 2019
This draw is unpredictable.
50 - 50 to everyone
Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by maryamwazeery: 2:51pm On Dec 16, 2019
maryamwazeery:
UEFA Champions League round of 16 fixtures
The knockout out would be played on the 18th, 19th and 20th of February.

The Draws are below;

Dortmund (GER) vs Paris Saint German (PSG)
Real Madrid (ESP) vs Man. City (ENG)
Atlanta (ITA) vs Valencia (ESP)
Atletico (ESP) vs Liverpool (ENG)
Chelsea (ENG) vs Bayern (GER)
Lyon (FRA) vs Juventus (ITA)
Tottenham vs Leipzig (GER)
Napoli (ITA) vs Barcelona (ESP)

8 Shares

Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by Oricha79(m): 2:53pm On Dec 16, 2019
blues to the quarter final, is very bankable in any bank.
Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by bikerboy1(m): 2:54pm On Dec 16, 2019
All teams on the Right moves to next round
Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 16, 2019
Reussite:

For one or two reason Napoli is like an Achilles's heel for Liverpool. They almost dropped to UEL last season at die minute, now that doesn't make Napoli any special threat to Barca. How come Napoli is sitting comfortably on 9th position 11 points clear from Roma on 4th position who even narrowly avoided been knocked from Europa league. So dude calm your fears, Barca will take Napoli to the cleaners. Fact.
When Roma knocked out Barcelona were they not sitting low on SerieA table??
When Man united knocked out PSG in the UCL, were they not sitting low on EPL table??

Napoli has nothing to lose.. That game is for Barcelona to lose.. And anything can happen when you have Valverde who keep seeing Pique as Maldini!!!

2 Likes

Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by Akaujaa(m): 2:57pm On Dec 16, 2019
The Athletico Madrid vs Liverpool is a big time easy draw for Liverpool. Put in another way, A side finding it hard to score vs a free scoring side. Liverpool will eliminate them in the first leg sef.
Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by Hassan05(m): 2:57pm On Dec 16, 2019
Liverpool is a goal

get empowered with your phone to render Graphics designs for people with your phone

link up via my signature
Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 16, 2019
matkid:
really?.....so u tink Athletico can beat Liverpool?
YES
Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by Isaa17: 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2019
All are set for d men 2 do battle. At this stage is anybody game.

1 Like

Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by DrHighchief(m): 3:11pm On Dec 16, 2019
Who man u dey play?
Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by jelel6: 3:14pm On Dec 16, 2019
Pretty nice draw I must say!!!

My predictions are as follows...

Borrusia Dortmund Vs PSG
This will be a great game of football. I think PSG will edge it though because of their better attacker and overall, a better squad quality.

Barca Vs Napoli
This game will be easy for Barca. Why? Because Napoli tries to play good passing football and Barça still remains the master of such game. Barca will never lose at camp nou and couple with the fact the Game's most outstanding individual player is on their side is simply an impossible task OVER TWO LEGS for Napoli.

Juve Vs Lyon...
Juve should win this somehow, anyhow. Lyon can trouble them but I expect Juve to win regardless.

Valencia Vs Atalanta...
Two teams everyone else will like to face. I don't know much about Atalanta but they did give City a good game in the group games. Valencia are dogged and can play. Good organisation and tactics. They should progress after beating Chelsea and Ajax in the group.

Tottenham Vs RB Leipzig...
Spurs have an amazing squad of players people don't really give credit. I'm not a Mourinho fan but I gotta say: No team will fancy playing Mourinho with a group of players such as this Tottenham team. Mourinho's comment about hoping to face Bayern Munich again in a "proper" match moving forward is not a senseless wish, He meant it. RB Leipzig can win, but expect a Mourinho masterclass.

Liverpool Vs At. Madrid...
Now this is a CL that will be decided at the Wanda Metropolitano. ATM has to win the first leg to have any hope. If they lose at home, then Liverpool will be in for a riot. I think by now, people should really accept that winning at Anfield is almost a given for Liverpool. Atleti has to get something to hang on for at Wanda because they'll look like a "championship" side a Anfield.

Chelsea Vs Bayern Munich...
I'm a Chelsea fan and I wished Leipzig or Juve will pair us. But Bayern? PSG? Barca? No!!! So, Bayern will qualify. Chelsea just have to keep it a respectable scoreline. It's not just about Lewa. There's Gnabry, Coutinho, Muller, and a midfield of Thaigo and Kimmich who are really ballers and could move the ball clever and quickly as possible as Bayern always do. Chelsea can't defend because the CB and LB can't. The coach don't know how to teach defensively too. Just play our best team but keep them compact and low for both games. No pressing above the halfway line. Counter and defend. Simple.

Madrid Vs Man City...

This game is in Pep's hand. He could fvck it up himself or he could really really fvck Madrid up big time. Which pep will turn up? if LaPorte is fit and plays, pep should just play Fernandinho in midfield and the usual suspects of Silva and Debruyne with him. For the first leg, City should let Madrid have the ball why they counter. I no its against Pep's style but he did that against arsenal. A counter-attacking City could really mess Madrid up at the Bernabeu. If Madrid wins the first leg, then they'll be favorite to progress in my opinion. However, an away win for city and they'll humiliate Madrid. A team chasing the game against City and at the Etihad is Suicidal. Madrid can't outplay City, so they mustn't lose the first game because they'll won't win if city knows just passing the ball around in circles at the Etihad will see them through.

Can't wait for February Mhen.

1 Like

Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by Nickymichy(m): 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2019
Real draw for d first time in a long time
Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by ifyboy92(m): 3:17pm On Dec 16, 2019
if there is any match Chelsea knows how to play I think its this match against Bayern. I'm a Chelsea fan alianz arena is our home chelsea will surprise Bayern
Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 16, 2019
fk001:
I am rooting for

1. Real Madrid because it is my laliga team

2. Liverpool even thou I am a die-hard Man United fan, but I am supporting Liverpool in the champions league.

3. Napoli because I hate Barcelona

4. Juventus because of CR7 G.O.A.T

Why won't you hate Barcelona? Lol, when you've been repeatedly raped by messi

1 Like

Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by Goalnaldo(m): 3:30pm On Dec 16, 2019
RB Leipzig should win champions league, while RB Salzburg should win Europa so that they can fulfill my fantasy of watching these two Red bull clubs play (UEFA super cup). They score goals for fun.

1 Like

Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by rman: 3:33pm On Dec 16, 2019
oluplus:

This is Champion league not Laliga. Let's see how it plays out

They only lost one group game to PSG. My point is, based on stats this season, they are the better team not Man City.
Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by CrownWale93(m): 3:33pm On Dec 16, 2019
iswallker:

so how will mancity beat madrid home and away now...

and how will Leipzig fare against a disciplined spurs side... angry
Madrid is no more ruthless as they use to be and Mancity is at least 85% inform the champions league

Leipzig is a free scoring, and I don't think Mourinho team cannot suck the pressure of a team that keep attacking them every minute
Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 16, 2019
Reussite:
Haha Real Madrid vs Manchester Citygrin
For the first time City is getting a tough draw in the round of 16. Another mad draw is ATH vs LIV(could end up with some injuries wink).
Juventus & Barca got the easiest draws. smiley
Chelsea fans how far? grin Don't for a moment think it would end up like UCL Munich 2011/2012, this time Bayern is taking Chelsea to the cleaners. cheesy
It will surprise you Dortmund go commot psg. Just watch it.
Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by sagiboy1234: 3:53pm On Dec 16, 2019
WOW NICE DRAW
Re: Champions League Round Of 16 Draws For 2019/2020 by donMIG(m): 4:23pm On Dec 16, 2019
Tonymegabush1:

Dream right? Somethings are better left unsaid

Liverpool r goin tru
ANFIELD BE THE PLACE!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Germany Vs France: Euro 2016 Semi-finals (0 - 2) On 7th July 2016 / UCL: Chelsea Vs Barcelona (1 - 0) On April 18 2012 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.