Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) (86093 Views)

For Those That Vowed That They Must Go To Dubai. See How Nigerians Are Suffering / Free Lekki, Ikoyi Toll: Updates From Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Gates - Photos / Lagos-ibadan Road To Get Toll Gates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) by luvlyoracle(m): 9:38pm On Dec 24, 2019
Elliot2:
Ok. Wlc.
Not necessary yet,just keep tab here. I will get any info across to u once it's set. The location is Bayelsa,hope u won't mind?
I dont sir...Always available.

1 Like

Re: Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) by VolvoS60(m): 9:55pm On Dec 24, 2019
Neoteny:
It's a bit unfair to compare Nigeria to Dubai.

A lot of European and asian countries too can't compare and marvel at what they see there.

Sure, they've a visionary leader, but they'd tons more money generated from oil than we do.

Also not everything is blamable on government: we too ruin public infrastructure with our dirt and pollution and devil-may-care attitude towards preservation and conservation. Just look at the state of toilets in public places where people don't clean up after themselves, or even bother to flush. Some even piss and shiit deliberately on the floor. Or clog toilets with soggy tissues.

Lagos is dirty not just because of government but because lagosians can be quite careless and dirty.

^^^
No Sir.

It is fair to compare Nigeria to the UAE. What is unfair is that such comparisons are not made more often.

Yes - the UAE's oil revenue per capita is far higher than Nigeria's. But whose fault is that? undecided There was a time Nigeria's oil revenue per capita was also high enough to put it in the league of middle income developing economies. What happened? Nigeria pissed away its opportunities and threw everything away. We can't blame the UAE for that.

Yes - government shouldn't be blamed for all Nigeria's problems. It should be blamed for over two thirds of those problems though.

Yes - people ruin public infrastructure. But guess what? People respond to incentives. If government severely punishes those who ruin public infrastructure then people will shape up. But if government itself doesn't care about what happens to public infrastructure then people will ruin it. This is just human nature at work.

One thing I will admit though is that government is made up of people drawn from the universal population. And these people share the values and orientation of that larger population - however bad those values/orientation may be. But that doesn't mean they (government) will not be held to a higher standard. They will be held to a higher standard because that is the burden of leadership.

1 Like

Re: Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:26pm On Dec 24, 2019
Bedwyr:
I am not here to defend government oh....

I know APC has failed.....

But let's not forget

UAE produces 2.5 million barrels per day , and shares the revenue among 11 million people
Nigeria produces 2.2 million barrels per day, and shares the revenue among 200million people.

So for Nigeria to be like UAE

Either our population goes down to less than 10 million OR

We pursure polices that get us off dependency on oil......

Simples.
Nairaland dummies won't like this analysis
Re: Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) by Neoteny(m): 10:28pm On Dec 24, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^
No Sir.

It is fair to compare Nigeria to the UAE. What is unfair is that such comparisons are not made more often.

Yes - the UAE's oil revenue per capita is far higher than Nigeria's. But whose fault is that? undecided There was a time Nigeria's oil revenue per capita was also high enough to put it in the league of middle income developing economies. What happened? Nigeria pissed away its opportunities and threw everything away. We can't blame the UAE for that.

Yes - government shouldn't be blamed for all Nigeria's problems. It should be blamed for over two thirds of those problems though.

Yes - people ruin public infrastructure. But guess what? People respond to incentives. If government severely punishes those who ruin public infrastructure then people will shape up. But if government itself doesn't care about what happens to public infrastructure then people will ruin it. This is just human nature at work.

One thing I will admit though is that government is made up of people drawn from the universal population. And these people share the values and orientation of that larger population - however bad those values/orientation may be. But that doesn't mean they (government) will not be held to a higher standard. They will be held to a higher standard because that is the burden of leadership.

Your points are valid with the exception that the UAE is not the right model for comparison

We're not in the same league, one of which is that their monarchist system allows the rulers to practically do as they please

Now imagine the nightmare of politics, political, tribal, ethnic, religious, social, and regional opposition. Imagine NASS and the presidency fighting about appropriation and contracts and projects, imagine the acrimony about where high value projects will be sited, and opposition to just about everything.

How do you propose that the political class and we the people would be on the same page? Already we can see the endless rancor anytime PMB appoints any notherner to any position, with people shouting about federal character. But when GEJ did same, the same people turned around and said merit trumps federal character.

Pastors, imams, academics, politicians, lawyers, parents....all institutions are only concerned about their narrow interests of religion and tribe.

So in the midst of this turmoil i wonder how anything of note can ever be achieved.
Re: Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) by VolvoS60(m): 10:40pm On Dec 24, 2019
Neoteny:

Your points are valid with the exception that the UAE is not the right model for comparison

We're not in the same league, one of which is that their monarchist system allows the rulers to practically do as they please

Now imagine the nightmare of politics, political, tribal, ethnic, religious, social, and regional opposition. Imagine NASS and the presidency fighting about appropriation and contracts and projects, imagine the acrimony about where high value projects will be sited, and opposition to just about everything.

How do you propose that the political class and we the people would be on the same page? Already we can see the endless rancor anytime PMB appoints any notherner to any position, with people shouting about federal character. But when GEJ did same, the same people turned around and said merit trumps federal character.

Pastors, imams, academics, politicians, lawyers, parents....all institutions are only concerned about their narrow interests of religion and tribe.

So in the midst of this turmoil i wonder how anything of note can ever be achieved.

^^^
Not sure I agree with you Sir.

Perhaps I should start by asking which countries are the right model for comparison with Nigeria? Which countries are in Nigeria's league?
Re: Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) by Neoteny(m): 10:42pm On Dec 24, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^
Not sure I agree with you Sir.

Perhaps I should start by asking which countries are the right model for comparison with Nigeria? Which countries are in Nigeria's league?

South Africa, for one. Namibia also has better infrastructure, as does Kenya.
Re: Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) by tillaman(m): 10:53pm On Dec 24, 2019
Retrography:

Isn't it better to select the cases than to pardon a selected embezzler?
you missed my point brother!! There are far worse cases of embezzlement buhari led govt is overlooking!! You won’t be surprised when they bust everything then the Figures will drive one to tears
Re: Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) by Femeto: 11:36pm On Dec 24, 2019
Its used in S.A and Kenya.Nigeria is backward.We need to include chips on our plate numbers to achieve this.
Re: Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) by larryking540: 1:06am On Dec 25, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Ahahahahahahahahagringrin

why are u dis confused oga, which one b both Allah and God again??

Na u confuse pass ,,na the same time I day refer to oga ,abi are they different individuals,
Re: Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) by VolvoS60(m): 5:58am On Dec 25, 2019
Neoteny:

South Africa, for one. Namibia also has better infrastructure, as does Kenya.

^^^
Ok.

I am not sure why SA, Namibia and Kenya are better models for comparison, though. Our history, politics, demography etc. is quite different. Our colonial experience was also different - SA and Namibia had Dutch and German overlords while Nigeria's oppressors were British. Our economics is also different - Nigeria is the only major oil producer/exporter among all four.

Perhaps without meaning to, you may have proved my point. You said up there that Namibia and Kenya (and SA too, no doubt) have better infrastructure. The question then arises: why is Nigeria far behind these countries (its peers according to you) in this area - as in so many other areas? undecided

We ran out of excuses a long time ago. There's a fellow on here (Ugosample is his username I think) who keeps on highlighting why Nigeria is in serious trouble. The explosive mix of millions of unemployed/underemployed young men experiencing acute material poverty does NOT a stable country make.

The worst thing about it is that there is no end in sight to these problems.

Prepare for impact.
Re: Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) by Olakunleyakub(m): 10:32am On Dec 25, 2019
Pls help a soul today is Christmas and have not tasted any good food since 4days ago except garri and water
Abuja is a scam
Nigeria is a cursed and waste
Pls any amount is not small
Ijaola yakub olakunle
First bank.
Re: Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) by Originalsly: 10:41am On Dec 25, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

For instance, the toll gates in Dubai are quite unique and ultra modern.

In 2013, it was launched in South Africa.

The Salik toll was launched by Dubai's Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) on 1 July 2007 .

At the end of 2019...... described as ultra modern. Is it in our DNA to exaggerate??.... always got to go extra.
Re: Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 10:24pm On Dec 25, 2019
I see no one here is complaining about so-called "double taxation" (in SA)...
If it was put up in Nigeria, these same folks would be B*tching ang whining!

>
Re: Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:28am On Dec 26, 2019
Isorshe:

Point of correction 2.2milliion barrels per day and share the revenue among less than 1000 people.
Else we won't be where we are.

Take corruption out of the equation, and the fact is, our oil revenue is not enough.

That's why we need diversificaiton, not just talk about it, diversification.
Re: Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) by Cousin9999: 2:15am On Dec 27, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
Nairaland dummies won't like this analysis

Most of them aren't dummies. Most aren't Nigerian, or even black.

It's not Nigerians or black people posting this horse manure about filthy, depraved Arab countries full of ugly people and degenerates.

Just saying.
Re: Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) by myobjective: 2:51pm On Jan 02, 2020
tillaman:
you are very correct man, if not for their light and the way they designed their economy it’s more like the immigrants are the ones working for their locals to eat, I have never seen a poor Emirati since I have been visiting Abu Dhabi, I think they pay each family some amounts monthly or so, their secret is just good leadership they don’t have half of our resources

They actually have more oil and natural gas with a very small population. Nigeria oil wealth is a mirage, the more you look the less you see
Re: Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) by tillaman(m): 8:59am On Jan 03, 2020
myobjective:

They actually have more oil and natural gas with a very small population. Nigeria oil wealth is a mirage, the more you look the less you see
yes they are not much but are you sure they have more oil than Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? / US Chartered Flight Lands At Lagos Airport / A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.