Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,676 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME (15950 Views)

Ishaq Oloyede: JAMB Made ₦400 Million From Change Of Birth Dates In One Year / How To Reprint JAMB Exam Slip For UTME 2018 [it’s Free] / Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by chibaby1985(f): 11:40pm On Dec 18, 2019
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says no amount of “smear campaign” can prevent it from using the National Identity Management Number (NIM) in the conduct of its exams.

Ishaq Oloyede, the board’s registrar, spoke on Wednesday during a meeting with CBT centres, technical advisors, and service providers at the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria, Kaduna state.

JAMB had earlier announced its partnershipwith the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) to clampdown on impersonation and other forms of exam malpractice ahead of its forthcoming Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

In the wake of its decision to use NIM during the 2020 UTME, Oloyede said those benefitting from registration and exam frauds have continued to mount a negative campaign against the NIMC.

He also said the board had reduced the number of available exam centres in a crackdown on cases where candidates pay between N200,000 to N300,000 to some individuals to write the exam for them.

“With the current campaign against NIMC, I could see deliberate efforts at running the commission down so that we can consider not collaborating with them. Those benefitting from registration scandals are mounting a campaign against NIMC,” he said.

“We are collaborating with NIMC. They are upright and just last week, five staff were sacked because they collected bribe. So as you interact with NIMC, don’t have it in mind that you are interacting with corrupt people, no, they are not.

“Unless I’m wrong, more than 40 per cent of our candidates have obtained their NIN while the remaining ones are running helter-skelter to have theirs.”
https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/no-going-back-on-use-of-national-id-card-for-utme-says-jamb/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Gemineye: 1:36am On Dec 19, 2019
Candidates filling for DE and UTME same time nkor

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by otokx(m): 6:06am On Dec 19, 2019
Gemineye:
Candidates filling for DE and UTME same time nkor

That should be addressed too.

1 Like

Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by otokx(m): 6:09am On Dec 19, 2019
Candidates request for a change of department, JAMB collects money from them.

Institutions request for change of department for candidates and when they are admitted, JAMB still forces the candidates to pay for change before they can still pay to print their admission letter.

JAMB is making a hell of money, have not mentioned change of name, age, sex, regularization etc that candidates part with thousands of naira.

In this case of NIN they are very correct.

12 Likes

Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Nobody: 6:22am On Dec 19, 2019
Yeah, NIN is okay, A 16 year old can get his NIN. But, that doesn't stop a 14 year old, who knows how way from getting it also. When I went to get mine, I just had to fill a form without presenting any documents, so a 14 year old can input 16.

1 Like

Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Roon9(m): 7:35am On Dec 19, 2019
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by lyriclekidd(m): 7:36am On Dec 19, 2019
Ok
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by ijewejones: 7:36am On Dec 19, 2019
Skain:
This NIN they are collecting 2500 naira to register...

Every process in getting stuffs done in naija hard ooo..

When gotten after writing JAMB,UTME,etc the system go double hard again..(sex for marks to sorting,etc sad

What are they doing to curb the ills in naija educational sector rather than tightening the process of gaining admission with NIN registration..

Nawa for education in naija

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Justix10: 7:37am On Dec 19, 2019
Wow...after reading this post 3 times... my ps3 turned to ps4, VAR cancelled messi's 6th balloon dor and awarded rightful owner, the flying GOAT ...
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 19, 2019
This govt is just anti masses govt.
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by kolafolabi(m): 7:37am On Dec 19, 2019
I need an explanation on why NIN and Jamb are related. Impersonation or what? A candidate registers online, finger prints scanned, picture snapped, he/she has username and password. What security could be more than that.. This is another channel of extorting those young lads.

21 Likes

Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Homers123(m): 7:37am On Dec 19, 2019
In this naija wey everything na shiit?
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 19, 2019
Rubbish.

After passing the jamb and post utme people that scored high won't be given admission while someone with 154 would be given admission to study law.

4 Likes

Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:39am On Dec 19, 2019

JAMB had earlier announced its partnershipwith the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) to clampdown on impersonation and other forms of exam malpractice ahead of its forthcoming Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

He also said the board had reduced the number of available exam centres in a crackdown on cases where candidates pay between N200,000 to N300,000 to some individuals to write the exam for them.

Anything to move our nation forward and improve the life of our students and save them from fraudsters is what we are after.

Some fraudsters milking our children dry will not like this........as usual!

God bless Nigeria.

CasNova:
There is nothing bad in it.
Absolutely nothing!
You are blessed casanova! wink

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 19, 2019
I thought they have sacked this primitive man.
Abeg... No be your fault. Nah only Nigeria this kin thing fit happen
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by noeloge82(m): 7:41am On Dec 19, 2019
Snowale:
Yeah, NIN is okay, A 16 year old can get his NIN. But, that doesn't stop a 14 year old, who knows how way from getting it also. When I went to get mine, I just had to fill a form without presenting any documents, so a 14 year old can input 16.
But there is no age limit for NIN even a 3 yrs old can get it

4 Likes

Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by qanda: 7:42am On Dec 19, 2019
For the Benefit of those who will sit for next years JAMB, Free JAMB Past Questions and Answers Available on Q and A App.

Install the App from Playstore
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Danelo(m): 7:42am On Dec 19, 2019
G
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by tope24(m): 7:44am On Dec 19, 2019
Prof. Ishaq should drop this NIN nonsense. You make a ton pof money from applicants every year, despite the fraudulent process in place for all sevices of Jamb, yet he is bringing this crap. Baba rest abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by CasNova: 7:45am On Dec 19, 2019
There is nothing bad in it.

1 Like

Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by careytommy37(m): 7:51am On Dec 19, 2019
I need to open an education trust fund for my kids. None of them will school in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by dangotesmummy: 7:51am On Dec 19, 2019
This man and unnecessary problem

Seems he's always angry when there's peace

Enemy of peace
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by armadeo(m): 7:53am On Dec 19, 2019
Bulshit story.
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by CsRockefeller(m): 7:55am On Dec 19, 2019
This is a very foolish move. My younger brothers school have paused their jamb registration because of this.

Complete trash!!
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 19, 2019
At least, it will force over a million Nigerians to enrol for NIN.

It's a big win for the country here.

2 Likes

Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 19, 2019
CsRockefeller:
This is a very foolish move. My younger brothers school have paused their jamb registration because of this.

Complete trash!!

JAMB form is not out yet.

2 Likes

Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Hussein01(m): 7:59am On Dec 19, 2019
CsRockefeller:

Complete trash!!

please, has JAMB 2020 registration started?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekpoma Indigenes Protest In AAU Over Sack Of Security Officers, Cleaners (Photo) / Is Examination Really The True Test Of Knowledge? / Seyi Makinde Attends Children's Day Ceremony In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.