Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,485 members, 7,954,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:13 AM

Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME (16075 Views)

Senate Insists On 16 Years As Requirement For Tertiary Institution Admission / Ishaq Oloyede: JAMB Made ₦400 Million From Change Of Birth Dates In One Year / Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by CsRockefeller(m): 8:00am On Dec 19, 2019
Hussein01:

please, has JAMB 2020 registration started?

Can't confirm right now.
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by CsRockefeller(m): 8:01am On Dec 19, 2019
Weselion:

JAMB form is not out yet.

Okay.
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by mbhs139(m): 8:02am On Dec 19, 2019
One the bane of this country, Nigeria, aside of corruption, which has been over flogged, is lack of a proper database of all the people living in the country. In addition, our undoing is trying to nationalize everything we do. I mean, there's nothing wrong if each state in the federation have their own means and method of resident identification exercise, just like the Lagos State Government is doing with the LASRA exercise. Just yesterday, I apologized on my Whatsapp status for being amongst those who antagonized and spoke against the LASRA project, because now that I live in the abroad, Canada to be precise, I now understand the importance of people profiling.

Now, let me share to you how is is done here.

You can't have access to certain public facilities and amenities if you're not a registered or certified resident of that particular Region (Local Government) or Province (State). And the means of identification, a very simple means of identification that you're a resident of that area is just your lease agreement, showing your house address and signed by you, your spouse and your landlord, or your bank statement, sent to the address you claimed to be residing, or your telephone bill.

Otherwise, you can't have access to health care in Yaba, for instance; no school for your children or even you; no access to library; etc. Even your drivers license most be changed to your new address within 7 days of your change of address.

With all these, the government can know the number of people who lives in Yaba and plan accordingly. Even your day old child is captured in your lease agreement..Na all of you rent the house together grin, so your name is on the agreement form, and also for insurance purpose.

Let me stop here jàre

3 Likes

Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by NaijadrivaCars: 8:17am On Dec 19, 2019
angry
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 19, 2019
This man deserves to be Nigeria's president. He always does the right things and doesn't take nonsense.

Ishaq Oloyede for President 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Chrismavis1: 8:53am On Dec 19, 2019
Hussein01:

please, has JAMB 2020 registration started?

No... It would start on 10 January... thanks
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 19, 2019
WAEC, the most corrupt exam body in Nigeria, should follow suit.
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Gemineye: 9:08am On Dec 19, 2019
otokx:

That should be addressed too.
addressed as in it will no longer be possible?
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Realdeals(m): 9:17am On Dec 19, 2019
A lot of Nigerians are mischievous, hence the reason they are opposing the use of NIN for JAMB, it is definitely the way to go. If your ward will be sitting for JAMB is 2021, register them now and for those that want to manipulate their age or other data, they should understand the consequence.

NIN is not just for JAMB, it is being linked with Immigration for Intl passport, Banks, FIRS and other govt documents.

1 Like

Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by DAVE5(m): 9:18am On Dec 19, 2019
walexy100:
This man deserves to be Nigeria's president. He always does the right things and doesn't take nonsense.

Ishaq Oloyede for President 2023.

As if you read my mind, sanity go enter Nigerians head if he becomes presido, that is if he doesn’t change ohh
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 19, 2019
noeloge82:

But there is no age limit for NIN even a 3 yrs old can get it
Try go getting it, it's 16 years minimum age.
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by jennifers001: 9:35am On Dec 19, 2019
Just want to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity for your publish is simply great and that i can think you’re a professional on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with approaching post. xender for pc , Shareit , techfranks, Shareit for pc , http://www.softwarelearnings.com/ :oThank you 1,000,000 and please keep up the gratifying work.
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Skain(m): 9:41am On Dec 19, 2019
This NIN they are collecting 2500 naira to register...
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by FloxySmart(f): 9:56am On Dec 19, 2019
I wish this kind of arrangement could be done on a getting a voters card and voting too. The only way to work with Nigerians is to eliminate all available alternatives and you’ll see them wailing in masses to get the needful done
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by noeloge82(m): 9:57am On Dec 19, 2019
Snowale:
I think you got d wrong information I did for my 3yrs old ,the people working there said that any child who can seat and look at the capturing camera is eligible , its just like the international passport no age limit
Once a child can seat to get captured the child is qualified
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by sharone21(f): 11:42am On Dec 19, 2019
So, it means Northern youths also write CBT (JAMB) and why can't e-voting be implemented?
Please, who is in charge of drafting people to head organizations in Nigeria? Oga has over implemented new age reforms in JAMB and now doing more unnecessary ones, biko let him be drafted to INEC we need proactive, technology loving people like this to reform INEC and save our country from bad leadership at all levels....you should be INEC's new Chairman especially if you can be more principled. Let us not allow him waste his talent in over reforming JAMB.
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by AleagueEdu: 12:44pm On Dec 19, 2019
It is well.... Nigeria go better

Also key into our Free lectures between Jan - June 2020

Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Naijaarchive(m): 12:48pm On Dec 19, 2019
Snowale:

My sis of age 14 has it... All required is a means of identification (birth certificate, local government of origin certificate)
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by duwdu: 12:53pm On Dec 19, 2019
kolafolabi:
I need an explanation on why NIN and Jamb are related. Impersonation or what? A candidate registers online, finger prints scanned, picture snapped, he/she has username and password. What security could be more than that.. This is another channel of extorting those young lads.

For one, JAMB can cross-check its own set of data with those on the NIN database, especially in cases where fraud and impersonation are suspected/detected/implied. I honestly don't see anything not advantageous in the collaboration.

Such collaboration among security agencies themselves, and between them and those bodies that use such data, are part of best practices worldwide, IMHO. Capiche?

P34c3
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Bejusttoall: 1:40pm On Dec 19, 2019
Where can one register for this nim please?
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Gemineye: 1:55pm On Dec 19, 2019
duwdu:

For one, JAMB can cross-check its own set of data with those on the NIN database, especially in cases where fraud and impersonation are suspected/detected/implied. I honestly don't see anything not advantageous in the collaboration.

Such collaboration among security agencies themselves, and between them and those bodies that use such data, are part of best practices worldwide, IMHO. Capiche?

P34c3
will it still allow a candidate to register for both DE and UTME?
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Prophet777: 3:07pm On Dec 19, 2019
Today is the forth day I have been taking my sister to the NIMC office at Alausa/Secretariat, Ikeja to register her for NIN... Sir/ma, the bitter truth remains that the entire processes as regards to the registration is extreme stressful and frustrating.

We got there so early today at exactly 5:41am and were able to pick number 404 which however made me to lost in a strange land of thought may be those people who has written their names before us actually slept there overnight or came by 2:00am in midnight.

Sincerely speaking, JAMB has already ran out of ideas on how to checkmate or put examination malpractices under control.

But rather subjecting these innocent young boys and girls to unnecessary stress.

This policy should be review and those in doubt should go for a fact finding mission to any of the NIMC offices in Lagos.
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by frozen70(f): 3:31pm On Dec 19, 2019
Gemineye:
Candidates filling for DE and UTME same time nkor

Anyone that have anything to do with Jamb should get National ID card
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Gemineye: 3:35pm On Dec 19, 2019
frozen70:

Anyone that have anything to do with Jamb should get National ID card
Sure, but what i mean is will this new policy prevent candidates from applying for DE and UTME at same time??
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Ikpeohiri(m): 3:41pm On Dec 19, 2019
When will this country prioritize development? Why not develop a central data for birth registration of infants at birth and ensure that they are immediately registered after birth? With such, birth and Origin certificates and NIN card is issued while the Genotype, Blood group etc are recorded. May God bless my dear Country.
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by frozen70(f): 3:54pm On Dec 19, 2019
Gemineye:
Sure, but what i mean is will this new policy prevent candidates from applying for DE and UTME at same time??

I think one have to get it and arm yourself

This government is unpredictable especially this Jamb man

1 Like

Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Legendguru: 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2019
Really
Re: Ishaq Oloyede Insists On The Use Of NIN To Register For UTME by Legendguru: 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2019
Oh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Females Prefer Colleges Of Education, Polytechnics – Stakeholders / Why Is My JAMB Caps Admission Status Blank / Ahmadu Bello University Post-utme For 2015/2016 Academic Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.