Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,520 members, 7,954,972 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:27 PM

Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring (17197 Views)

Imo State Deserves Better: The Real Problem Isn’t Tribalism, It’s Bad Leadership / "We Are Safe And Sound" - VP Osinbajo Says After Helicopter Crash / Goodluck Jonathan Attacks Osinbajo, Says He Has 'Leprous Fingers' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by Farotimi72: 9:44am On Dec 19, 2019
Igbo people shaaa, u shall always like putting ur tribe in all political matters as if u a saint in the matter or best for the job? How many people know ur Alex like this. Your damage to Nigeria can never be forgotten, it's like a fresh wound to every generation as far as they continue to study history.

Every leader Nigeria has every produced has contributed to the present situation of Nigeria. No man is a saint.

sonnie10:

Alex Ekweme remains the most active. He is one of the reasons the Northern military (Buhari) toppled the democratic government in second republic.
Alex was set to take over after Shagari but they would do anything to stop an Igbo President.
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by amc: 10:05am On Dec 19, 2019
This article was over a year ago in 2018. Why did the OP bring it up now and hide the date?
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by Farotimi72: 10:15am On Dec 19, 2019
Bros why u con dey pour me spit. No be me bring doom upon igbos na

LabDNA:

Yes...use your yoruba propaganda as usual. The country is messed up beyond repair because an Igbo man was once given Senate presidency.

You think nairaland is your roadside Alaroye free readers association meeting point.

Keep deceiving yourself with your empty propagandas.
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by tck2000(m): 10:17am On Dec 19, 2019
Humphrizy:
Make I no talk wetin dey my mind first undecided

He is saying this because him and his oga Don already draft out Billions of Naira wey dem go dey use chop life unto 2020 matter.

The main problem we have in this country is the people that some of us voted into power.....once they are in there... Even if the masses dey suffer...E no concern them sad
lol
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by Shooyie: 11:38am On Dec 19, 2019
Keep up the good job PMB and PYO, we see what you're doing and pray it takes effect positively.
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by swedbase(m): 12:10pm On Dec 19, 2019
Someone who claims to be a pastor smh
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by Slynation(m): 1:18pm On Dec 19, 2019
dukeprince50:
Did u even read it? Its not about restructuring, its about managing the resources.
Since 1990 till this day, Nigeria revenue on oil was four times better than this, where did that money go, people are quick to shout restructure but will things get better after that? If u are from the non oil producing states, will u prefer restructuring?
The problem is the leaders.
Goodluck mismanaged $30b that he could not account for.
$380b yearly is enough to put Nigeria on the right track but it was looted.
Despite having $94b, this administration has done more than its predecessors
Yea... I read it till the end, u can't just sit one place and say restructuring won't work out when u haven't tried it yet, that's just my problem, let them restructure Nigeria first, after all this useless administration used it to campaign....
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by maxzzo1(m): 1:47pm On Dec 19, 2019
See una prof....na wao
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 19, 2019
dukeprince50:
I should name projects lol.
Npower
Niger bridge
Onne sea port
Closing of border to allow local industries grow
Rail ways
Less import on Agriculture.
Increasing minimum wage to help us, though most governors won't want to increase it.
This administration deserve some praise.
Before u call me names, I am not APC fanatic, I am just against PDP, cos APC opened our eyes that the past would av done better
I shame for you, so npower is what u are counting as project. Second Niger bridge was started by the previous administration and yet buhari couldn't finish it in 5yrs. Abuja kaduna rail was done by the previous administration. This govt has use 5yrs to build the ibadan lagos rail way yet they have not completed it. How long do u think it will take them to build Calabar Lagos rail if the use 5 yrs for just ibadan to Lagos. Don't deceive yourself there's no fucking seaport working in this country apart from apapa. Minimum wage that was increase since March, yet to implement it is wahala. Border was close yet smuggling continue. You are very much an apc fanatic else you would have realized apc and pdp are one n the same.
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:19pm On Dec 19, 2019
Osinbajo, je ka mo ilu ti o nja fun
You're telling us stories of fighting for resource control which is an integral part of restructuring and in another breath telling us restructuring is not Nigeria's problem.
You carefully muddled IBB/Abacha juntas together and OBJ/Yar'adua regimes. Why didn't you also say GEJ/Buhari regimes as well and why did the statistics of ur oil revenue stop at 2017. Or is it palm oil you're getting money from now?
So much double-face in a short speech. Smh undecided
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by sulaak(m): 3:28pm On Dec 19, 2019
sonnie10:
In my opinion, Nigeria’s number one problem is electricity.
Think of how many small businesses that have been put out due to high cost of running generator.
There are also countless other small businesses that one cannot do because of inadequate power supply.

How will you scale the electricity for 200 million people?

Nigeria needs to focus on bottom-up development such as regional development as against National development which is expensive and requires a higher capability threshold. Let the regions develop their own power infrastructures based on the local resources of Solar, Hydro, Gas, Coal and Wind.

Unless the country has political and economic restructuring the country will never develop. Regional Restructuring will allow the progressive region within the country to scale their resources and infrastructures for region development that can later be integrated into national development.
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by GGirll: 3:31pm On Dec 19, 2019
This man repulses me
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by galaxy2020(m): 3:48pm On Dec 19, 2019
Ode...continue lying to yourself
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by dukeprince50: 4:13pm On Dec 19, 2019
charliboy654:

I shame for you, so npower is what u are counting as project. Second Niger bridge was started by the previous administration and yet buhari couldn't finish it in 5yrs. Abuja kaduna rail was done by the previous administration. This govt has use 5yrs to build the ibadan lagos rail way yet they have not completed it. How long do u think it will take them to build Calabar Lagos rail if the use 5 yrs for just ibadan to Lagos. Don't deceive yourself there's no fucking seaport working in this country apart from apapa. Minimum wage that was increase since March, yet to implement it is wahala. Border was close yet smuggling continue. You are very much an apc fanatic else you would have realized apc and pdp are one n the same.
I was angry at all u were saying till u said APC and PDP are one and the same.
Even at that I still think APC is better,
Nigeria was earning big in this 16yrs and nothing to show for it, if I had to compare, it will be bad cos APC didn't earn as much as PDP
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by sonnie10: 4:16pm On Dec 19, 2019
sulaak:

How will you scale the electricity for 200 million people?

Nigeria needs to focus on bottom-up development such as regional development as against National development which is expensive and requires a higher capability threshold. Let the regions develop their own power infrastructures based on the local resources of Solar, Hydro, Gas, Coal and Wind.

Unless the country has political and economic restructuring the country will never develop. Regional Restructuring will allow the progressive region within the country to scale their resources and infrastructures for region development that can later be integrated into national development.
Let’s find way to get power generation right first. Even if it means amendments to existing laws prohibiting states from generating their own power.
I do not think the 200 million population is the problem in this regard. China and India have way over that but their power generation is constant.
The #16b spent on power sector during OBJ tenure, the oil windfall during GEJ and sharing of recovered loot in this PMB time by the states are indicative of the fact that the resources are there
Every developed or emerging economy is self sufficient in power generation. Look at Ghana, what else do think is giving them the current competitive advantage in the region other the ease of doing business as a result of adequate power generation.
Nigeria needs to get the youths off the streets. There are so many blue collars jobs that are electricity dependent. I have seen electric welders not open shop for weeks due to no electricity. Small restaurants can’t take advantage of economy of scale. They do not have the capability to store perishable food items in bulk in freezers because of lack of electricity. For instance, if they are able to buy and store a whole cow, they are certain to make more profit which would enable them increase their capacity.
Consider other businesses like Cloud storage in IT and Egg freezing in the health care sector, these businesses need 24/7 electricity. They are not rocket science and can be done by anyone with the proper training.
Visit any big agricultural area and see how foods are wasted during harvest season due to lack of processing and inadequate storage. These cottages industries require considerable power generation. In the absence of it, farmers loose their money.
Electricity still remains the major problem of Nigeria.
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by Legendguru: 4:52pm On Dec 19, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 19, 2019
Nigeria needs more than restructuring in fact we need Biafra and other countries to secede from this unpleasant amalgamation called Nigeria.
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by tete7000(m): 9:42pm On Dec 19, 2019
dukeprince50:
let's do a fair judgement then.

Jonathan was producing 2million barrels per day and sold for $150 per barrel.

After destruction on oil installations, and fall in oil price
Buhari was producing 800k per day and sold for $50 per barrel.

Now do the maths.
2million X 150=

Compare that to
800k X 50=
And u will see the the past administration robbed us, you should not be blind cos u hate PMB

I see compare income with development. Don't just talk about income. The little the current administration earned, where did all go? What can be shown for it? You don't need to have so much to show prudence...
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by dukeprince50: 7:04am On Dec 20, 2019
tete7000:

I see compare income with development. Don't just talk about income. The little the current administration earned, where did all go? What can be shown for it? You don't need to have so much to show prudence...
How do I explain this, not like I really like the administration but with the little they get.
U can see the rail ways, the agric sector has seen a tremendous change, there is Npower to assist youths, there was border closure to assist local industries to grow, Paris fund and bail out funds were given to states.
I still find it hard to believe u don't see what the government is doing.
If the govt could do this with the little they got, Jonathan should have turned this country to something else. Cos he earned more than 8times wat PMB earned. The country was robbed when GEJ was in power and if I had the option of choosing either GEJ or PMB as president, I'll still choose PMB anyway, anytime
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by Uchek(m): 3:28pm On Oct 20, 2021
So sad!

tiredoflife:
Well their founder oduduwa was a coward who ran away from heaven
So I am not surprised he would say this
Before 2015
Yorubas screamed restructure
After they got power wit bubu
They no longer talk about restructuring
Smh
Re: Osinbajo Says Nigeria’s Problem Isn’t Restructuring by Lovelive: 3:40pm On Oct 20, 2021
Freestainworld:
prophet of the doom talking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hearing Of Court Cases Via Zoom, Skype Approved By Lagos Chief Judge / Abuja Pastors Endorse Tinubu, CAN Kicks / LASG Takes Action Against Illegal Waste Cart Pushers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.