Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb (3669 Views)

You Can Have 320 In GRE Exam In One Sitting / Why Is It That Courses Like Pharmacy And Medicine Admission Is Hard to get / Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by arinzos(m): 12:19pm On Dec 19, 2019
mujibson:

I know you can't think, let me just help you ..

Abu just like UI does not use O-level in calculating composite, what is required is just minimum of credit in all her relevant subjects.. So having A's is not an advantage here.

Who told you Abu pegged her MBBS cut off at 250? Where did you see that? How on earth does it sound okay to your stinking brain that school of Abu calibre will fix 250 as cut off for Medicine? Name any federal university that will admit candidates with 250 average for MBBS?

Her 302 jamb score and 274 putme score gives her an average of 288 ( good but not enough for medicine). Candidates with higher average would have been given on merit.

Do you even know UI MBBS minimum cutoff is 78.87( this is equivalent to 315.48). Do you know Unilag cut off is 328?. Are you aware UNN cutoff for Medicine is 326? Do you know that of OAU is in same range 315+?

Those scores are the least candidates can have in order to be considered for MBBS in those schools. Do you think Abu should be different? Would you have cried foul if the girl had chosen those schools and had that kind of average( 288)?

Look, like my friend will say, MBBS is no more for the brilliant ones it's for the genius. She should even be thankful she's given Human Anatomy. Some schools will not even consider her.

If you think 300+ is something so difficult to get like before, then you are still living in oblivion.

I'll like to let you know that I had 318 jamb score and 290 putme during my time. Applied and was given Civil engineering in this same Abu. I thought it was very high until we resumed. There are lot of dudes with higher average. Just civil engineering o, now how do you expect MBBS class to be? ......

In short, the girl tried but it's not enough for MBBS.
Some people will Not Understand,what you Said is the Pure Truth.
1st Generation Universities Cuttoff Mark for Medicine is Very High.
In UNN 311 Average no even See admission for Merit Muchless some with 288 Average.

3 Likes

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by mujibson(m): 12:26pm On Dec 19, 2019
arinzos:

Some people will Not Understand,what you Said is the Pure Truth.
1st Generation Universities Cuttoff Mark for Medicine is Very High.
In UNN 311 Average no even See admission for Merit Muchless some with 288 Average.
As in ehn! The people that will be amazed with this are those that have written jamb for a very long time, the time when you sweat before you have 200 in jamb. Candidates are scoring very high in jamb this days. A time is coming when 320+ will be barely enough for some competitive course self ....

2 Likes

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by arinzos(m): 12:32pm On Dec 19, 2019
mujibson:

As in ehn! The people that will be amazed with this are those that have written jamb for a very long time, the time when you sweat before you have 200 in jamb. Candidates are scoring very high in jamb this days. A time is coming when 320+ will be barely enough for some competitive course self ....
Yea grin
Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by tobby20: 2:09pm On Dec 19, 2019
Parrzzeeval:
Why must u bring religion into the matter
grin grin grin
Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by tobby20: 2:10pm On Dec 19, 2019
Seun na mad man , who do this nairaland emoji sef grin shocked shocked embarassed

1 Like

Re: 16 Years Old Girl Denied Medicine Admission To ABU Scoring 320 In Jamb by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 19, 2019
That is injustice...

What nonsense!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Business Ideas That Can Fetch You N20,000 Weekly From The Comfort Of Your Home / Federal Poly Nekede 2016/2017 HND Morning Screening Results Out / The Only 4 Countries With The “capacity” To Destroy A Satellite In Space

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.